Try this for season 10?

General Discussion
Can we try this idea? You get to put in a vote to ban 1 hero for that round. I think I’ve seen this in Leauge of legends or DOTA?
Then Genji and Tracer will never be played.

I LOVE THIS IDEA!
Then people would do that to piss off one tricks, seriously do you want to lose?
19/03/2018 19:42Posted by Ċhompa
Then people would do that to piss off one tricks, seriously do you want to lose?

What's more important? Pissing off a one trick OR not having to deal with Genji/Tracer?
19/03/2018 17:56Posted by Syrona

I LOVE THIS IDEA!

I'd be more happy to vote Moira out. So far she has been in every game, and contributes a significant amount of DPS with that damn orb if we don't have a D.Va around to counter it.
It would make countering hard though.
It would make games more interesting and take away the cheap factor. Like if Ilios was played and your team voted pharah ban on the well map and the enemy decided roadhog voted for the well. Would also show a higher level of skill by coming away from the obvious choice characters and adapting to diffirent techniques and plays depending on maps and votes.
horrible idea. the ban system works in theses games as they have a large pool of 'heros' Imagine if you ban moira and then ban zen. 2 of the best healers GONE
Blizzard doesn't like anything that can be abused. If players want they will find a way to abuse this system, though I do think it would be better to play with. There's also that there is an even number of players, and im sure some votes would become never ending.
The hero pool isnt close to big enough to start introducing character bans. And certain players would feel like they are being witch hunted more so than they do now. Not to mention cause arguments if the team doesn't agree which character to ban.

Doubt this will happen any time soon.
19/03/2018 17:52Posted by RoyalGuard
Can we try this idea? You get to put in a vote to ban 1 hero for that round. I think I’ve seen this in Leauge of legends or DOTA?

In DOTA & LOL you can't change champs in mid game...use brain.
Even tho I like the idea the character pool isn't big enough and you can be sure that pro teams will find a way to exploit it (which will lead to random players doing the same)

For example banning Zenyatta will force the other team to play Lucio if they don't want to get teamkilled by Genji ult.
I would try and auto-block Brigitte instantly every game. You know so I don't get stunned every five seconds. <3
It sounds good on paper but then think for more than a second and you can see it's a terrible idea.
With a community as childish, toxic and stubborn as the Overwatch one this feature would be abused like there's no tomorrow.

Keep in mind, DOTA And LoL have 100s of heroes and you can't change mid-game.

Overwatch is a game about adaption, if they made it so you couldnt switch mid-game it would take away the balance of most aspects and would lead to a stupidly dominant and hard meta, which no one wants.

Yes, I see why it would be good but the cons outweigh the pros.
19/03/2018 19:52Posted by Vie
19/03/2018 17:56Posted by Syrona

I LOVE THIS IDEA!

I'd be more happy to vote Moira out. So far she has been in every game, and contributes a significant amount of DPS with that damn orb if we don't have a D.Va around to counter it.

Dva is a must for most Competitive games though. Nerfed or not that matrix is a good counter for most ults. Not to mention Pharah and Widows in general. Something I grew to appreciate as I learned her character.
doesn't work in OW.