Is Overwatch dead?

General Discussion
(I know you've probably seen this topic tons of times, but the only ones I've found are from months ago :/)

So, recently I've seen a lot of people saying that OW is dead and is that true?

I took a 6 month break from the game after getting a little burnt out but I'm back now and it's even better than ever, but I see some tweets saying how 'it's dead' and quite a few Overwatch Youtube channels I used to watch have just switched to Fortnite

Is it dead?
It's not dead, but it might be dying. I've lost all hope that Blizzard and the Overwatch team is capable of addressing the many issues with the game that they've yet to do anything about. Both QP and Competitive are in a state of hot mess right now, and have been for over a year, without any resolving of the issues at hand.

It's very evident that we as a "casual" market, aren't their main priority. With the introducing of "Overwatch league" right there in our faces, we can all see the clear signal that the Overwatch dev team is sending to us; we simply don't care about you.
09/03/2018 18:51Posted by Pharazon
It's not dead, but it might be dying. I've lost all hope that Blizzard and the Overwatch team is capable of addressing the many issues with the game that they've yet to do anything about. Both QP and Competitive are in a state of hot mess right now, and have been for over a year, without any resolving of the issues at hand.

It's very evident that we as a "casual" market, aren't their main priority. With the introducing of "Overwatch league" right there in our faces, we can all see the clear signal that the Overwatch dev team is sending to us; we simply don't care about you.

Thank you! I know game development can be tough and fixing the state of the game might take a while so I don't want the devs to feel pressured, but if the game starts to die then something will need to be done to bring it back up again
Considering I never have a queue for over 3 minutes (might come up to 5 in a full stack) I don't think so. The term "hot mess" is pretty subjective as well. Overwatch has problems, but saying that it's dead/dying is a bit of a far stretch.
No...not really. People just exaggerate.
09/03/2018 18:44Posted by Silvally
(I know you've probably seen this topic tons of times, but the only ones I've found are from months ago :/)

So, recently I've seen a lot of people saying that OW is dead and is that true?

I took a 6 month break from the game after getting a little burnt out but I'm back now and it's even better than ever, but I see some tweets saying how 'it's dead' and quite a few Overwatch Youtube channels I used to watch have just switched to Fortnite

Is it dead?

I played fortine few days before.Bored and uninstaled.Its have free to play battleground mode and they have like 400.000 player active.I payed but
I dont liked and uninstaled.Wasted my money.
Overwatch have 40.000.000 player.Battle ground games kinda about luck.
You can have best aim in world but if you dont have wepon or 20 vs 1?
Fortine zombi def mod kinda funny but boring after few play.Its nothing new game.You know minecraft?Its just new version.Heros dont feel like special in
fortine.Here in overwatch I love many heros.All heros special and have difrent powers.Game play realy bad.Dont feel good.
Game companys behind this other games?Do you know you can buy a virtual
costume bandana with 1000 USD?You thing company doing this or leting this happen is good one?Boosted players,youtubers,swears,cheats.............1000 USD
for one bandana?
Overwatch always have events,somting new etc.Players never leave game.I saw many newbie in game.We dont have story mode,pve mode etc but if we have what will do other games?
Youtubers dying about overwatch.Its true.Why?We all know everyting about
overwatch,we can enter PTR servers,we can see in game(we always see in game)
Many youtubers making click baits,fake videos for money.Soo Peoples bored about it.We dont want watch others game we want to play.Every player over
200-300 lvl can play like youtubers and nothing special about them.So youtubers
dying not game.
Just today ı played with many newbie.You can quit from game but you will return.
Overwatch this kind of game.Never become old.Every year everyting chances.
Before ana?Before sombra?Before moria?Before oria?How was the game play?
Now?Everyting new.Junker town,blllz word maps?New mods?Custom games?
Heros never die!!!
Ahh I remember my firs target was always mercy.Now who cares her:P
In my opinion, its really unbalanced at the moment which keeps me away. I cant play a game without it being one sided to either team anymore, I really hate that. I don't think its really dying honestly, I just think people are frustrated with the state of the game at the moment.
depends on the time of playing you are, for me no. and the game as a whole has a massive playerbase so objectively no. but for some casuals its 'dead' as they put it
To me dead means that pretty much no one plays it I play on PS4 and I still gett matches every minute or so. But alot of people have realized that the game is not that great and needs to improve. I still play at least a couple times a week but thats mainly because of comp and the new things they add every month. If there was another multiplayer game that I could play I would.
With Blizzard pandering to the braindead playerbase by making incredibly easy to play heroes like Moira of course its going to die.
10/03/2018 11:42Posted by kogeki
With Blizzard pandering to the braindead playerbase by making incredibly easy to play heroes like Moira of course its going to die.

Nah, just the minority of trihards will !@#$ off.

Lawlbreakers was hard to play and now it's dead. I think OW will be just fine with...casual heroes.

I wouldn't exactly say that Moira is easy to play as, it's not that easy to balance between dealing damage and healing, since you need to do both. I find her rather fun to play because of this aspect, it's not like offence is an option to her (like Mercy or Zenyatta), it's mandatory. It's akin to a leech healer in an MMO, and for some reason I've always loved that play-style more than the passive healer that only has to heal and nothing else.
10/03/2018 12:10Posted by Pharazon

I wouldn't exactly say that Moira is easy to play as, it's not that easy to balance between dealing damage and healing, since you need to do both. I find her rather fun to play because of this aspect, it's not like offence is an option to her (like Mercy or Zenyatta), it's mandatory. It's akin to a leech healer in an MMO, and for some reason I've always loved that play-style more than the passive healer that only has to heal and nothing else.

Well for the tryhards in this game, the absolute and only factor that decides play difficulty is Accuracy. Heroes that don't require precise accuracy are considered casual and easy to play.
Would hold true, in a game with only aim as a factor. But Overwatch has a lot of different heroes that don't necessarily require aim but can be difficult to be good at. Support and tanks are 2 disciplines that don't necessarily require aim, but knowing how to play them and what to do can have a major impact at the game.
Just gonna leave this here: https://imgur.com/a/EZlkH
10/03/2018 13:53Posted by Vie

It just says the game is played by 8000 players. That would be really pathetic. :D
10/03/2018 15:15Posted by Syrona
10/03/2018 13:53Posted by Vie

It just says the game is played by 8000 players. That would be really pathetic. :D

That's not the total population, just the amount of players in front of me :p
overwatch is no near being dead it has around 3-5 million active players every day which still is a lot
09/03/2018 18:54Posted by Silvally
09/03/2018 18:51Posted by Pharazon

Thank you! I know game development can be tough and fixing the state of the game might take a while so I don't want the devs to feel pressured, but if the game starts to die then something will need to be done to bring it back up again

those "devs" taking their time more then needed, look at Hots how often they get new heroes or balance updates / bug fixing, and we need to wait months or year for bugs to get fixed or problems that need to be addressed to, when you play comp and you see same names over and over again how big is the player base? not big enough to bring in faster updates or bug fixing.
So I've played this game since it launched. I was hyped for it and pre-orderd it to get the Widow skin. I played the game casually until season 3 came where I found my main: Ana. But after seaon 3 I kind of found the maps repeating and new content wasnt really getting released so bit after bit I stopped playing and found interest back in League.

So now I came back to Overwatch because League was way too toxic and a really big time investment.

I dont know if its my OCD but its really bothering me that my season 5 doesnt show up in my carrer profile.Its probably because I didnt log in in season 5. And Ive also missed all of the sprays and am still level 300. While I see alot of people higher levels that have played this game through all season. Also I kind of feel like Ive missed alot of the loot from events.

Anyone else have one of these problems? Would be nice to know I'm not alone.