Is Overwatch dead?

General Discussion
I dunno, this is my relationship with Overwatch

https://media.giphy.com/media/yR3glUC5odLhK/giphy.gif
Of course its dead, anyone putting out the inflated numbers of dead accounts and smurfs are delusional. I'm sat in Comp, regular comp, not the elimination BS. I'm 2850, I had a Silver, a guy barely out of Gold, a Diamond, and a plat. I mean, thats just jokes. And don't even get me started on Comp Elimination, where I'm sat at 2300, and can't climb, because there is a top 500 player and two plats on the other team and I'm chilling with 3 bronzes a gold and a silver.

Am I mad? Nah, I came back to the game for about a week after a month and a halfs absence, and it already made up my mind for next season to not come back.
10/03/2018 22:39Posted by HakanKun
overwatch is no near being dead it has around 3-5 million active players every day which still is a lot
where the f did you get those numbers, from your a$$ ??? 3-5m lmao, even league of legends doesnt reach those numbers. GTFO of here dumb liar :)
10/03/2018 12:21Posted by Syrona
10/03/2018 12:10Posted by Pharazon

I wouldn't exactly say that Moira is easy to play as, it's not that easy to balance between dealing damage and healing, since you need to do both. I find her rather fun to play because of this aspect, it's not like offence is an option to her (like Mercy or Zenyatta), it's mandatory. It's akin to a leech healer in an MMO, and for some reason I've always loved that play-style more than the passive healer that only has to heal and nothing else.

Well for the tryhards in this game, the absolute and only factor that decides play difficulty is Accuracy. Heroes that don't require precise accuracy are considered casual and easy to play.

This is just bollocks though. Winston, a hero with ZERO aim requirements is considered one of the hardest heroes to play. He's an example where it is abundantly clear how good the player is.

Low-skill heroes though it is obvious over large ranks but to a lesser extent. I can pick up moira or mercy in diamond and do fine but trying to main tank for me at least is harder.

Considering they are reworking or dumbing down certain heroes, to claim they only care about OWL is exaggerated imo. Most lucios didn't ask for wallride to be changed but now its easier to do and is probably a nerf when lucio is now easier to hit.

Anyway people will never be happy. When sym gets reworked I imagine sym mains will come and complain that she is ruined in someway.
09/03/2018 19:52Posted by Eriniy
09/03/2018 18:44Posted by Silvally
(I know you've probably seen this topic tons of times, but the only ones I've found are from months ago :/)

So, recently I've seen a lot of people saying that OW is dead and is that true?

I took a 6 month break from the game after getting a little burnt out but I'm back now and it's even better than ever, but I see some tweets saying how 'it's dead' and quite a few Overwatch Youtube channels I used to watch have just switched to Fortnite

Is it dead?

I played fortine few days before.Bored and uninstaled.Its have free to play battleground mode and they have like 400.000 player active.I payed but
I dont liked and uninstaled.Wasted my money.
Overwatch have 40.000.000 player.Battle ground games kinda about luck.
You can have best aim in world but if you dont have wepon or 20 vs 1?
Fortine zombi def mod kinda funny but boring after few play.Its nothing new game.You know minecraft?Its just new version.Heros dont feel like special in
fortine.Here in overwatch I love many heros.All heros special and have difrent powers.Game play realy bad.Dont feel good.
Game companys behind this other games?Do you know you can buy a virtual
costume bandana with 1000 USD?You thing company doing this or leting this happen is good one?Boosted players,youtubers,swears,cheats.............1000 USD
for one bandana?
Overwatch always have events,somting new etc.Players never leave game.I saw many newbie in game.We dont have story mode,pve mode etc but if we have what will do other games?
Youtubers dying about overwatch.Its true.Why?We all know everyting about
overwatch,we can enter PTR servers,we can see in game(we always see in game)
Many youtubers making click baits,fake videos for money.Soo Peoples bored about it.We dont want watch others game we want to play.Every player over
200-300 lvl can play like youtubers and nothing special about them.So youtubers
dying not game.
Just today ı played with many newbie.You can quit from game but you will return.
Overwatch this kind of game.Never become old.Every year everyting chances.
Before ana?Before sombra?Before moria?Before oria?How was the game play?
Now?Everyting new.Junker town,blllz word maps?New mods?Custom games?
Heros never die!!!
Ahh I remember my firs target was always mercy.Now who cares her:P

Muselk used to be one of my favourite youtubers, but now every video goes like this:
Intro
Play match
Win
Outro

Now I do like fortnite, and I’ve played quite a lot, but I prefer muselks Overwatch videos more just because they’re less predictable and more funny because he usually played with Bazz and Tyrodin but now? Always a round if solo, no shenanigans...
Current playerbase and Jeff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ7x4M4DpEQ
26/04/2018 22:04Posted by VegetaOuji
Of course its dead, anyone putting out the inflated numbers of dead accounts and smurfs are delusional. I'm sat in Comp, regular comp, not the elimination BS. I'm 2850, I had a Silver, a guy barely out of Gold, a Diamond, and a plat. I mean, thats just jokes. And don't even get me started on Comp Elimination, where I'm sat at 2300, and can't climb, because there is a top 500 player and two plats on the other team and I'm chilling with 3 bronzes a gold and a silver.

Am I mad? Nah, I came back to the game for about a week after a month and a halfs absence, and it already made up my mind for next season to not come back.

Comp being dead does not mean the game is dead. Just means those who take computer games seriously consider it dead.

An average wait of around 45 seconds for a match tells me there are plenty of people still playing.
i think so while its likable it is very frustrating and unbalanced you really get the since blizzard doesn't really know what theyre doing and very lucky this game got this far of course there will always be those hardcore fans playing but the thrill is gone specifically when players are asking you to improve critical elements of the game and the focus of this company is centered more on rushing new dlc out
With the new stuff they added and reworked in the game for me it started dying, especially the changes on Symmetra they are going to add soon. OWL help very little to keep players interested
whats wrong is that players... you are trying to build a very heavy team based game with millions of people who don't have that attitude., and when you ask then to do something.. why should they: they paid for it. the platform itself will never work. only way this works in the real world is because of managers and coaches. you take that all away and everyone what to play what they want.. not what they are best suited for. so its not bugs, or hero balance. its the players and the platform that will never work. GL in the Future Blizzard i'm done
ow is dead because brigette came out
Brigette, hanzo rework, the new symmetra, widow every match that doesn't help the team, toxic players, and so on... I lost my will of playing it.
The state of Overwatch is terrible. The only thing that Blizzard cares about is skins, playtime, and money. Balance is not a word to them, only Create. Create heroes, create skins, generate money. That's the way it goes at Blizzard Headquarters. I mean, the Overwatch team wouldn't give two !@#$s if half the playerbase left, as long as they kept making money. And when this piggybank of a game stops throwing up cash they kick it's head in, and cuts it open for the rest of the money. Then they'll throw a huge celebration party with "Overwatch Servers Shutting Down!" as the theme, with 50 new skins and 123983 new voice lines, just as a final "%^-* you" to the playerbase. By that time, Overwatch will have 183 heroes, and half of them are sitting in the corner and crying, while the other is bronze-tier players in grandmaster sucking happiness out of tryhards who are doing the best but just keep falling.

Great game, by the way! I love lootboxes. I love money. I love Blizzard!
Is the game completely dead? No. Is the game dying at an alarmingly fast pace? Yes. Although many people might log in to obtain points for watching Overwatch League matches, the player base just isn’t there anymore. Queue times are much longer now than they were six months after launch. Competitive hasn’t received any updates to deal with rage quitters. New characters are being implemented before they’ve been properly tested (*cough* BRIGETTE *cough*). The key to a successful FPS is balance. Blizzard is doing the exact opposite and they don’t know how to fix it.
Still fun
They have a high customer turn over rate so I'm guessing probably not gonna die that soon.

I personally haven't played more than 3 hrs in months due to crashing issues, for my husband and I both. Didn't even try to submit a ticket after reading the forums and the responses others have gotten in same situation.

Fun game, no faith in the B-Team tho.
Well,the time to find a match for me seems the same so idk..