Failed to connect to server

Technical Support
Hello, from the last update I'm getting problems to play, every time i'm trying to find a Ranked game I got a message "Failed to connect" and the game penalizes me because of that for 9 hours every day. Can you help me? I can't play from 2 days ago, I lost 200 SR... I got a lot of Screenshots to show you
Hey,
If you're experiencing problems with your connection please work through all the steps in the Overwatch - Disconnection Problems article on the support site, including those in the 'Advanced Troubleshooting' section.

As for the loss of SR, this is unfortunately not something we can assist with, there's a detailed explanation of why this is over on the General Forums.

I did every step of your article stuff for like the 4th time and this !@#$ is still happening. How am I supposed to rank up while getting punished for literally doing nothing . I can even chat with my mates. Im getting really upset.
The most retarded thing about this topic is, that your fancy "rejoin match" button doesnt do anything. Thx for that. Fix that crap already.

Edit: I dont have any connection issues. My internet is perfectly fine. Its not happening in any other game/homepage/programm or whatever.
Hello Socke,

At the moment we have no knowledge of any general issues with Overwatch connection. Keep in mind that, because of the way internet connections work, sometimes an issue can affect only specific programs or services; you can read a bit more about it here.

If you followed all the steps and the issue persists, we will need some more data so we can try and find the root of the issue:

- Details of issue:
- Date/time it started:
- City/Country:
- Internet Provider:
- Traceroute (right after a disconnection or whenever you're experiencing the issue)
- Pathping (right after a disconnection or whenever you're experiencing the issue)
- WinMTR (right after a disconnection or whenever you're experiencing the issue)

I mean, obviously I am connected, otherwise I wouldn´t be able to chat with my teammates in the team chat while being on the main menu.

"no knowledge of any general issues"? Really? There are countless posts, you just have to google it.
I like the game even though the matchmaking is pure cancer and the fact that I can´t play a teamgame in a team (effectivly) but thats another topic, but it is extremely frustrating and kills every ambition to play competetive or even the whole game.

I did not intend to sound that harsh, I´m sorry for that. The frustration is just growing.
I got the same message right now, I don't really connect to the match but still get penalized 50 points and the respective time (which is larger every time).

This issue has been coming and going several times for me and support has never been able to help me with it. It started around season 5 and after their "invaluable" support I decided to stop putting money into lootboxes, spent like 300 euros on a company that treats you like the issue is your own and you know you tried everything ant the answer is always the same, their support is placebo-like just to make you feel better, but you know what, it feels really bad.

In all honesty the game is great, but this is simply outrageous. The least they could do is to not penalize you if you never made it into the damn match in first place.
i just got the same thing happening to me twice today.. i went from 2089 dowqn to 1890 because of this. Just played a game, won it. Que upp for another match, server connection failed. And then i get a 10 min ban, now it did same 2nd time. Server connection has failed, get 30 min bann!!!

I have a pc thats 1 years old, cost me 2000 doller. I have uppdated grafic card today, i have all uppdates done on windows. Nothing is wrong with my internett, my line is 150/50. But for some reason as you say, there is no issue on your behalf on this problem!!. I play World of warcraft, i play Diablo, i play Hearthstone and this game. But only game who punished me is Overwatch....i btw have no issue with connection playing any other games. Just OVERWATCH....

I pay to play your games, a monthly fee i have payed since 2004. But the way your responding is that its MY issue. tuff luck chap"""

Is that how your going to help the people who pay to play your games. Seems abit odd to me.

Thanks for awesome server crashes.

Mvh
Alexander
22/04/2018 08:17Posted by Tiogaradh
Hey,
If you're experiencing problems with your connection please work through all the steps in the https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/112208?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=solution" class="bml-link-url2">Overwatch - Disconnection Problems</a> article on the support site, including those in the 'Advanced Troubleshooting' section.

As for the loss of SR, this is unfortunately not something we can assist with, there's a detailed explanation of why this is over on the [url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749067802#post-13"]General Forums[/url].

Just read your Guide on how to fix server issue crash if you might have unstable internett. Felt like when i talk to my internett provider, " have you tried to reset your pc or router.....No ofc i have not tried...

Why is it never to be your FAULT???. Why is it so hard to just say, we have a issue, and we are working on it. Thanks for telling us.
Please, if you're having connection issues and the troubleshooting steps don't help, provide us with the information we've requested. Without that data we can't investigate your cases and try to find the root of the issue. At the moment we do not have any knowledge of general issues o our servers; whenever we do, we always inform our players (usually via Twitter @BlizzardCSEU_EN).

Keep in mind that, because of the way internet connections work, sometimes an issue can only affect specific programs, services or games. You can read a bit more about it here.

This is the information we need so we can investigate:

- Details of issue:
- Date/time it started:
- City/Country:
- Internet Provider:
- Traceroute (right after a disconnection or whenever you're experiencing the issue)
- Pathping (right after a disconnection or whenever you're experiencing the issue)
- WinMTR (right after a disconnection or whenever you're experiencing the issue)

Internetprovider: Telekom

for the rest of this, there are countless posts and im not going to play ranked till this is solved, its just downranking without playing. you got a ton of infos, just use the search on your own forum as we did

i saw something more the last time: i got the 50 sr punishment instantly after i got the message "failed to connect". i got it even though i had the "rejoin match" button and i was able to chat ingame with the other players. i had to relogg to be able to play again, no other way, even waiting wouldnt help + i got the 10 min punishment too.

if you arent able to fix the connection problem, which is obviously not from customer side, otherwise we wouldnt be able to chat or do other stuff in the game, then just make the rejoin match button useful. it doesnt do anything else then blocking me from trying to start another game
28/04/2018 17:40Posted by Socke
Date/time: around season 5 (since then regularly every season)
City/Country: in my case Germany, Bavaria near Munich
Internetprovider: Telekom

for the rest of this, there are countless posts and im not going to play ranked till this is solved, its just downranking without playing. you got a ton of infos, just use the search on your own forum as we did

i saw something more the last time: i got the 50 sr punishment instantly after i got the message "failed to connect". i got it even though i had the "rejoin match" button and i was able to chat ingame with the other players. i had to relogg to be able to play again, no other way, even waiting wouldnt help + i got the 10 min punishment too.

if you arent able to fix the connection problem, which is obviously not from customer side, otherwise we wouldnt be able to chat or do other stuff in the game, then just make the rejoin match button useful. it doesnt do anything else then blocking me from trying to start another game

As I said on my previous message, we don't have knowledge of any issues on our side at the moment. The diagnostics that other players have posted recently don't show anything that indicates an issue on our servers, either.

Connection issues can be caused by many different things. Because of the way internet connections work, sometimes they can affect only specific services, games or programs. You can read a bit more about it here.

That's why it's very important to follow the troubleshooting (so we can discard the most common causes), and providing us with the diagnostics so we can try and find the root of the issue for each case, be it on the internet provider's side or in our side.

As I said on my previous message, how can you not have any knowledge of this issue? There are countless posts about this topic. I´m tired of explaining and getting the same answer with your "read xyz stuff" I did, it didn´t help (again and again).

It´s still not a connection issue. I can chat in the game chat, but i can´t join the game and get a punishment before i can even try to reconnect. But yeah, my internet must be down. Sure.
At least try to fix the rejoin match button.
If you get the message "failed to connect", it means the game client couldn't properly connect to the match.

Overwatch is a game with million of players. It's completely normal that a number of players are suffering technical issues at the same time. Connection and performance/crash issues tend to be the most common. Whenever we know there's an issue on our side, we always inform our players (usually via Twitter, @BlizzardCSEU_EN). It would make no sense to try and "hide" that information if there's really an issue we know of. We are here to try and help players as much as possible.

We need the data so we can investigate. Without the diagnostics, we can't check where the root of the issue is.