Mercy players, where are you?

General Discussion
There was a time when these forums were filled with Mercy players complaining about 'saving' the OP mercy and then crying about the current Mercy. Would you all mercy players admit that Blizzard did the right thing at the end?
They all rerolled lucio and moira.
Hahaha, I'm still a mercy main. Rocking it hard when the moment calls for it.
Mercy is dead or didn't you hear?
Heh, bait..

Cast time res is bad design. I remember reading a post about that assassin hero from retribution who has the move where she stabs people in the face and some people were wanting that to be an ability. Then someone rightly pointed out that it wouldn't work because forcing a player to remain stationary whilst they perform the attack or ability would leave them wide open and give them no way to use counter play as they would be locked into the animation once started. So, that's basically what we have with cast time res too. It's maybe 10% skill on the Mercy players part, 50% reaction or lack there of from her allies and enemies and the rest is just down to luck. So, there you have bad design, pure and simple.

Aaaaanywayy.. you're obviously just a limp wristed man-child forum troll so there's clearly no debate to be had here. Anything that is said you can brush aside as "crying". Sure, there may be Mercy players who cried. Surprisingly though, Mercy players are not a single entity. You seem to be a Dva main but I know that not all Dva mains are man-children forum trolls like yourself.
I'm a Mercy main who watched these forums when the Mercy nerfs were coming out. They're fine, but I'd at least like instant rez in Valk.
25/04/2018 13:32Posted by Muiz
There was a time when these forums were filled with Mercy players complaining about 'saving' the OP mercy and then crying about the current Mercy. Would you all mercy players admit that Blizzard did the right thing at the end?
Nope, I feel Mercy ought to be more equivalent to a medic elsewhere. I love playing Mery as my healer these days. In my honest experience, playing her versus other support / healers is a lot more challenging. I’d kill for the equivalent of a Syringe gun.
She almost feels a design that is now despised by her own development team.
I like to have a Mercy. I hate to have a good enemy Mercy.

I wish they deleted res.
I never had any problems with the ressurect nerfs since in my oppinion you're supposed to keep people alive instead of ressurect spamming.
wish mercy 1.0 came back tbh, no im not gonna git gud, it was one of the most amazing experiences just jumping in and rezzing people, people werent toxic against each other, when you were friendly to the enemy team, they didnt report you, now even look at an enemy player and just wave, reported by the entire team, what happened to the old overwatch community :(
I see the changes to mercy as a punishment for noob mercys, I tried mercy recently for a few games and was punished severely for tryi9ng to res people who shouldn't be ressed.

Mercys res is now more rewarding to skilled mercys and teams
I switched to Moira and Brigitte because Mercy got horribly boring and borderline useless after the changes, compared to virtually every other healer.