The Brigitte Problem

General Discussion
Yes this is going to be another rant but it is getting literally unplayable now. Brigitte is broken. People say just get better and counter her but she is a dps, tank and healer all over in one. You can't counter her. Her shield bash ability stuns you for way too long making it impossible for you to recover because you are already focused and dead. You get an enemy to one health and Brigitte presses E and they are back to full. It is not fun to play against and she needs to be changed. Pair this with a Sym, Torb and a Sombra and the game is not fun anymore. A 200hp hero can get up to 500hp with armour from Torb, Shield Gen and armour from Brigitte. Then you get hacked and we all know the problems that come with hack. It's just not fun. It's frustrating. Please fix Brigitte. I like he idea of her but you need to tweak her abilities to make them more fair.

Example: In an earlier dev update Jeff stated that they are going to change Mercy because Res took away that feeling of getting a 5-6 person ultimate or clearing a point. I liked that. Yet now, let's say with Genji you spend your time getting blade. You finally get it and use it but all Brigitte has to do is stun you or press E on anyone you decide to target and it defeats the purpose of the ultimate. And leaves you feeling deflated. It's not fun. And it gets rid of any skill based hero in the game.
Most people here hate Genji, you're a Genji main whinging about a Genji counter, I'm not sure what you expect the outcome to be.
10/04/2018 14:01Posted by Aviate
Yes this is going to be another rant but it is getting literally unplayable now. Brigitte is broken. People say just get better and counter her but she is a dps, tank and healer all over in one. You can't counter her. Her shield bash ability stuns you for way too long making it impossible for you to recover because you are already focused and dead. You get an enemy to one health and Brigitte presses E and they are back to full. It is not fun to play against and she needs to be changed. Pair this with a Sym, Torb and a Sombra and the game is not fun anymore. A 200hp hero can get up to 500hp with armour from Torb, Shield Gen and armour from Brigitte. Then you get hacked and we all know the problems that come with hack. It's just not fun. It's frustrating. Please fix Brigitte. I like he idea of her but you need to tweak her abilities to make them more fair.

Example: In an earlier dev update Jeff stated that they are going to change Mercy because Res took away that feeling of getting a 5-6 person ultimate or clearing a point. I liked that. Yet now, let's say with Genji you spend your time getting blade. You finally get it and use it but all Brigitte has to do is stun you or press E on anyone you decide to target and it defeats the purpose of the ultimate. And leaves you feeling deflated. It's not fun. And it gets rid of any skill based hero in the game.

The game has been all about Genji for 9 seasons now. Get over it.
You can't counter her.
sigh ... seriously.

Pharah.
let's say with Genji you spend your time getting blade. You finally get it and use it but all Brigitte has to do is stun you or press E on anyone you decide to target and it defeats the purpose of the ultimate.

So, wait until she uses it and then go in? Doesn't sound like rocket science to me.
10/04/2018 14:28Posted by Qube
You can't counter her.
sigh ... seriously.

Pharah.

But... but that would require me to switch from playing Genji...
There's no more free kills for Genji and Tracer. Stop whining and get over it.
Question; when you know she's strong in close quarter combat, why do you get close to her? Not every match has to have a Tracer and Genji, yet every match at least ends up with a Genji. Therefore, Brigitte is a welcomed hero, finally that hyperactive Duracell bunny has some hero that make his life miserable. Just as he has made other's life miserable for a long time.
Look im not a genji main but i agree about her being broken.I played her myself and she is soooo good. Her combo is insane. Also i don't think a support should be a HARD and i mean HARD counter to any flanker. Flankers are meant to have the edge against supports and im not saying that supports should have no chance against flankers but it shouldn't be that flankers have no chance against brigitte. I don't know how she will be in comp but i know that pharah will be more popular and genji and tracer are gonna just die. Briggitte is a support and should be focused on supporting the team and i know she is kind of a hybrid but she can beat almost any character in a 1v1 with minimal skill. Sure other supports can have huge damage potential but they require skill and briggitte is mega reqarding but no risk involved.
23/04/2018 19:39Posted by JohnCalvin
Look im not a genji main but i agree about her being broken.

try genji for maybe 10 quickplay matches and you'll know what it's like.
he's not in a bad spot.
brigitte feels similar to a reinhardt that is getting pocketed to me but maybe not as scary.
the biggest skill brigitte have is to be in the right spot at the right time because she is not mobile and she doesn't have range.
other than that she is quite simple. the damage is not insane by any stretch, but she sure is an issue for anyone that likes to be close so she is a priority, but so is many other supports so i don't see the problem.

but if you are playing genji against brigitte, i would advice to switch, not because her kill potential, but because her armor ultimate pretty much makes genji cry inside.
Lets talk about Brigette, her flail does 90 damage, her bash does 50, and her melee does about 60 dps. Think about that. 90+50+60=200 hp. Thats 1 guarenteed kill every 5 seconds. Not to mention her healing which is pretty decent. a burst of about 140 hp every 5 seconds and 16hp/s. Honestly thats all fine, but when you get to the armor potential things get a little bit out of hand. You get 75 armor everytime she over heals you. If Reaper with 120 hp she only overheals you by 10, but you get 75 armor instead. Her ult generates 400 armor for each person in her radius over the course of 8 seconds. Armor isnt like regular hp for those of you who didn't know, it blocks more damage than normally.

So my suggestion is make armor given when overhealed equal to the amount overhealed. Dont give them straight up 75 armor. Her ult should be adjusted so that it isnt so hard to charge up, you get 1% ult charge per melee hit. Also her speed buff now also affects her teamates, but inexchange her armor generation potential is reduced from 400 to 200.
23/04/2018 20:58Posted by Juanitoo
If Reaper with 120 hp she only overheals you by 10, but you get 75 armor instead.

is this true?
anyways, 120+150 = 270. which in that case is 20 hp overheal but i understand what you are getting at. but i'm not sure it's true.

(edit: just tested it, it's completely false.)
Its pretty obvious that the tracer genji nerfs along brig introduction have more to do with OWL than anything, none the less being one shotted by brig really really feels frustrating and unfair...
10/04/2018 15:47Posted by Goldenhardt
There's no more free kills for Genji and Tracer. Stop whining and get over it.

For me that's not the issue. The biggest problem with her IMO is that if you give her a shield gen, it's enough to keep her long enough during a team fight to get a rally which means she can get at least one every fight and snowball basically giving the defending team a huge advantage in terms of base HP. And flanking the shield gen is pretty much impossible because of Briggite.
23/04/2018 22:27Posted by Strawman
For me that's not the issue. The biggest problem with her IMO is that if you give her a shield gen, it's enough to keep her long enough during a team fight to get a rally which means she can get at least one every fight and snowball basically giving the defending team a huge advantage in terms of base HP. And flanking the shield gen is pretty much impossible because of Briggite.

well sym players are far and few between, and besides, who knows if she'll keep that ability after the rework.
most recent briggite mains advice to deal with her: make some space ,play phara .
overwatch is game which revolves around capping small area so how long you need kite her ? oh and lets sum up stuns 5 sec 5 sec on briggite , mcree flash 10sec ,ana 12 sec mei over time cc hog hook, but with mcree you better land head shot on stuned enemy or you are dead zero self heal , on ana it is rather last resort when ganked , hog hook was "balanced" so kite around corner and busted , mei need team she can be easily taken down ,and here we have briggite 2 stuns on very short cooldown , she has self heal , she does not require aim ,she has shield ,her ult makes her twice as strong , put orb on her she has another advantage ,,,, lets be fair she is not balanced and everybody yelling she is, are people which plays her ! if hero is balanced it doesn't require half enemy team to switch or pick their heroes just to deal with potential briggite encounter
Span out and try see the bigger picture, the kind of things Brig is meant to counter.

Flankers and Dive comps. Dive and Flanks both rely on the mechanic of instantly diving in getting a quick pick on a hero and then brawl the 5 v 6 fight.

Brig has the kit to deny that cheesy tactic that can flip the game around. Dive and Flanks have always relied on getting that quick pick, and what existed prior to Brig to counter that ? NOTHING that effective. Dives would target a squeeshy support and there was nothing that could be done, besides having a Zarya to bubble the target being dived.

Brig's purpose is to elongate fights with the dive / flanks. Once you slow down / elongate the fight then dive comps lose, the very purpose of it's formation. Getting that quick pick.

How does Brig counter dive ?
Well she can knock back an enemy jumping in.
She can stun the second enemy.
She can armor up her ally being dived at, and start an AOE heal instantly.
(Remember Armor takes 50% less damage against Winston, Dva, Tracer, Reaper attacks. All the heroes part of the dive / flank strat.)

How does she shutdown Flanks ?
Her combo that everyone's aware off, can burn 155 hp off a flanker in a second.
Plus she can armor up the ally being focused down.

Tell me one hero that could do all of that before? None.
She is the first of her kind and yes she's there to counter certain play styles that din't have a proper solution before. Now there exists a solution to counter those problems, and now you guys want to take away from her kit that negates all that ?

So yes as a Genji player she is designed to give you a hard time :)
24/04/2018 00:24Posted by Mortus

overwatch is game which revolves around capping small area so how long you need kite her ?

I dunno man, 76 ALONE can break her shield with less than 1,5 clip.
Or maybe you mean you can't get close?
So basically a Mei on a payload will totally stops you from contesting? Must be fun beeing in your team.