Please remove 1000 sr different

Competitive Discussion
This system is so unfair because I can't play with friends and I like to gain more sr I don't like play solo. This whole sr system is so fascism.
get gud
Unfortunately, this has to exist to prevent Grandmasters from carrying Silvers.
Another reason why we need a clan system with its own SR/MMR!
23/04/2018 03:33Posted by CAKEsup

A grandmaster will create/buy a new account now to carry.
And let(and the players who are unlucky and was grouped with, when he wanted to drop again.) himself loose from time to time.

I don't see the problem with the remove of the 1000SR difference.
You will be matched by average rating of all 6 players.
So example: 1*4000 rating + 5*1000 rating vs 6*1500 rating.
If those 6 can keep that one 4000 rating hero hard countered with a couple of heroes, it should be an easy win.
Please no. Not being able to play with friends is not unfair. Your feelings being hurt doesn't make a competitive system unfair...

I've lost enough games due to having to practically play 5v6 because there's so many low plat and low master duos in diamond games and the 2500 SR player is relatively speaking useless compared to the level of the play, especially on DPS which they most of the time seem to instalock anyway. It's competitive matchmaking, it should get people of the same skill level into the game, not groups with a fitting average SR.
23/04/2018 12:47Posted by Pikku
Please no. Not being able to play with friends is not unfair. Your feelings being hurt doesn't make a competitive system unfair...

I've lost enough games due to having to practically play 5v6 because there's so many low plat and low master duos in diamond games and the 2500 SR player is relatively speaking useless compared to the level of the play, especially on DPS which they most of the time seem to instalock anyway. It's competitive matchmaking, it should get people of the same skill level into the game, not groups with a fitting average SR.

It is your own decision; if you want that low, useless player in your group.
Of course no 1000SR difference only for full 6 stacks.
So a full stack can invite everyone and still can queue.
For smaller groups you still get the SR difference warnings and cant join.
23/04/2018 12:23Posted by DutchAres

A grandmaster will create/buy a new account now to carry.
And let(and the players who are unlucky and was grouped with, when he wanted to drop again.) himself loose from time to time.

I don't see the problem with the remove of the 1000SR difference.
You will be matched by average rating of all 6 players.
So example: 1*4000 rating + 5*1000 rating vs 6*1500 rating.
If those 6 can keep that one 4000 rating hero hard countered with a couple of heroes, it should be an easy win.

And then what happens if those 6 1500sr players just aren't capable of shutting down that ulting genji, or that insane widowmaker. If a whole team of regular 4000sr players can struggle shutting down someone like Shadowburn whilst he's ulting, how do you expect 6 1500sr players to be able to? I have seen it on my friends account, many bronze players often have bad mechanics, a bad framerate / ping, as well as bad game sense that can be found in almost all ranks beneath 3000sr. I understand Shadowburn is like 4600sr not 4000sr but there may be players as good as him that just aren't as high.

It is also quite easy to carry a team of 1000sr players if you are 4000sr, you can get picks before the enemy team can, or you can help organise a push in chat. If your team has much better communication, you will do better. If your team has much better mechanics and better game sense, you will do better.

Finally, if 6 players were trying their very best to counter the one 4000SR player, what will happen to the other 5 1000sr players... In the end they will probably just win. People just leave these types of games, especially at this rank, it just gets boring - you know you have lost you might as well leave and find a game where there are no smurfs or throwers.

other games can do it also without :D, there is no real reason for that, it works also when you are much lower, boosting isnt a real problem
23/04/2018 21:59Posted by Tecardo
other games can do it also without :D, there is no real reason for that, it works also when you are much lower, boosting isnt a real problem

I dont know any competitive ladder that doesent have any restrictions.
I don't know about you but I get mad when I see a Plat border in my low-Gold game. Doesn't matter if they're on the enemy team or our team, that's someone from a whole rank higher than everyone else. Even worse is Plats joining Silver games. Silver's already a !@#$show, then you add someone who's likely much better to shred them? Not fair, sorry. I'd like them to actually decrease the 1000 sr space before increasing it.
25/04/2018 05:49Posted by supreme
I don't know about you but I get mad when I see a Plat border in my low-Gold game. Doesn't matter if they're on the enemy team or our team, that's someone from a whole rank higher than everyone else. Even worse is Plats joining Silver games. Silver's already a !@#$show, then you add someone who's likely much better to shred them? Not fair, sorry. I'd like them to actually decrease the 1000 sr space before increasing it.

Borders have nothing to do with SR
Or skill, just experience.
25/04/2018 09:01Posted by DutchAres
Borders have nothing to do with SR
Or skill, just experience.

Just a small guess, but hes most likely talking about the icon and referring it to "borders" as he talks about SR and ranks.
22/04/2018 18:43Posted by Brenor
This system is so unfair because I can't play with friends

Get friends that are of your skill level so you can play with them, and get better with them. It'll be much better than getting carried and not learning anything.
1000 points difference between 2k-3k is also huge because it gets highsilver vs low diamond,ive seen it a lot of times sadly.
Competitive isn't "bring all your friends, no matter what the skill" at least when it comes to groups that are smaller than 6 players. You would be ruining the gaming experience for everyone else.

Not to mention the extremity of the members' mmrs' would make it just stupid for anyone who'd play with you or against you. No, you just need to get higher or stick to QP.