Buff Doomfist

General Discussion
I did a giant post on this but after I edited it - it got deleted. Title is self explanatory
Just master his combo: seismic slam, shoot, uppercut, shoot. Rocket punch (jumping just before the end of the punch) towards the next target, medpack or cover/your team.

I climbed 200sr playing him. He is op.
they've already buffed him a ton he just requires skill which proves to much for overwatch players
doomfist is weak at his current state and requires really high skill to make him even viable to do something there are other heroes even who can do dfs job way better than him not to mention he is too easy to counter
Rocket punch hitbox is bigger on the current PTR, apparently, and this change will most likely be included in the next patch.
i dont really want fixing or buffing, i want him to have different kit overall, the way he is now its so trash and boring. all abilities makes him fly around the map, thats a trash kit, what about think out some cooler ideas?
02/04/2018 21:31Posted by GhostDog
they've already buffed him a ton he just requires skill which proves to much for overwatch players

thats why most people play genji or tracer, no skill needed just some practice.
i think of him like a flying reaper, his shotgun knuckles do hurt but gotta be precise with those suckers.
lmao you say genji and tracer requires no skill and say doomfist is boring meanwhile you play mei and widowmaker insanely high skill heroes you play right there
04/04/2018 01:44Posted by WashedUpGenji
lmao you say genji and tracer requires no skill and say doomfist is boring meanwhile you play mei and widowmaker insanely high skill heroes you play right there

boo hoo wait for ur nerfs genji fak boi. i play heroes that i feel is fun to play.
03/04/2018 23:28Posted by Renegade
i think of him like a flying reaper, his shotgun knuckles do hurt but gotta be precise with those suckers.

They deal 66 damage per shot spread out across 11 pellets so it's really bad against armor. Three shots per second and it takes approx 2.6 seconds to "reload" all of them.

I'm not saying that I want his Hand Cannon buffed but it's pretty fu***ng bad. Probably one of the worst weapons in the game.

Type Shotgun Projectile
Damage 6 per pellet 66 per shot
Spread angle Constant: 2.15 degrees
Projectile speed 80 meters per second
Num. of pellets 11 per shot
Rate of fire 3 shots per second
Ammo 4
Reload time 0.65 seconds (per bullet)
Headshot
04/04/2018 03:05Posted by VurrChachino
Headshot ✓

66x2 = 132x3 = 396 per second if you hit people only in the head.
if you don't hit a single one in the head it goes down to 198 per second.
which is not that bad, but he is definitly not reaper in the sense that he can keep going and going,
you got to break it up with his abilities because he is extremely vulnerable when he's used up his bullets and abilities.

what i like to do as doomfist is shoot, do ability, shoot, do ability shoot and repeat.
because of the simple fact that his bullets reload between his abilities.
but i never just empty all of his bullets in one go, i shoot 1 or 2 times only between the abilities.
but you can be pretty sneaky and bursty aswell just slam>shoot>uppercut>shoot>rocket punch away.
or rocket punch and then uppercut>slam away.
and those 2 things work pretty well.

he is fine, but he is very tricky to play.

positions i play him in, either high ground jumping down to get picks or behind tanks peeling.
eh i would not really say he needs a buff
04/04/2018 08:58Posted by Renegade
04/04/2018 03:05Posted by VurrChachino
Headshot ✓

66x2 = 132x3 = 396 per second if you hit people only in the head.
if you don't hit a single one in the head it goes down to 198 per second.
which is not that bad, but he is definitly not reaper in the sense that he can keep going and going,
you got to break it up with his abilities because he is extremely vulnerable when he's used up his bullets and abilities.

what i like to do as doomfist is shoot, do ability, shoot, do ability shoot and repeat.
because of the simple fact that his bullets reload between his abilities.
but i never just empty all of his bullets in one go, i shoot 1 or 2 times only between the abilities.
but you can be pretty sneaky and bursty aswell just slam>shoot>uppercut>shoot>rocket punch away.
or rocket punch and then uppercut>slam away.
and those 2 things work pretty well.

he is fine, but he is very tricky to play.

positions i play him in, either high ground jumping down to get picks or behind tanks peeling.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about how is entire kit works together hence the "I'm not saying that I want his Hand Cannon buffed..."
And while the DPS might be decent on his Hand Cannon it's only so for about 1½ seconds. Which is why, like you said, you have to break it up and bake it into a rotation of sorts with your abilities.
I misunderstood; It just sounded to me like you were saying that he could rely almost soley on his Hand Cannon as long as you're aiming well enough which I would've disagreed with.

-------------------------
To OP;

On the topic of buffing Doomfist I don't think he really needs any. As always, some "bug fixes" and tweaks to how his Slam interacts with terrain would be nice.
Other than that I think he's fine and given any more power than he has would be a bad idea.
I don't think he requires a lot of skill to play but rather knowledge of every single map. You have to know about bounces, cheesy Slam spots and make use of ledges to trigger the "In-Air-Slam targeting" or whatever you'd call it.

I do fear that Brigitte will be a bit much for him though. Her entire kit counters him.
Lots of armor. Burst healing. Medium range knockback and close range stun. A shield that blocks his shots, slam and ultimate.
But unfortunately that's what this game is. Counters and changing from heroes you want to play to heroes you may not want to play. That's assuming you play to win of course.
Doomfist happens to have a lot of heroes he's not very good against.
04/04/2018 02:46Posted by RiGho
04/04/2018 01:44Posted by WashedUpGenji

boo hoo wait for ur nerfs genji fak boi. i play heroes that i feel is fun to play.

you seem to have alot of knowledge about heroes that you barely play you sound more of a fukboi than i LUL

They deal 66 damage per shot spread out across 11 pellets so it's really bad against armor. Three shots per second and it takes approx 2.6 seconds to "reload" all of them.

I'm not saying that I want his Hand Cannon buffed but it's pretty fu***ng bad. Probably one of the worst weapons in the game.

See this !@#$ happens when people look at some database instead of using common sense. All that matters to Doomfist is burst, not reload time. Like tracer, he's using his actual skills during his reload times. Which by the way, happen automatically in between his other abilities. His skills also deal aditional damage, unlike tracer and reaper. So if you blow 4 %^-*ing shots and the enemy is still alive, maybe its time to gtfo instead of sitting around waiting for a reload, maybe theres a reason 4 out of 4 !@#$ing abilities you have are movement abilities.
04/04/2018 18:57Posted by Yarzahn

See this !@#$ happens when people look at some database instead of using common sense. All that matters to Doomfist is burst, not reload time. Like tracer, he's using his actual skills during his reload times. Which by the way, happen automatically in between his other abilities. His skills also deal aditional damage, unlike tracer and reaper. So if you blow 4 %^-*ing shots and the enemy is still alive, maybe its time to gtfo instead of sitting around waiting for a reload, maybe theres a reason 4 out of 4 !@#$ing abilities you have are movement abilities.

1. I assume you didn't read the entire conversation.

2. umad?