Whats the point in heros that require skill anymore?

General Discussion
Side note* Iv now re wrote this for the 3rd time! as for some reason every time I hit 'create topic' it doesn't upload, I'm so close to losing the will atm.

I'm at the point where it just feels like blizzard is promoting people to play with heroes that require no skill. I'm specifically talking about, moira, brig, junknoob and Winston.
This wouldn't be a problem if they wasn't so mandatory for your team.
I'm not even talking about people playing against these heroes but also playing one myself, they are just down right boring and anti fun.

Yes iv played them, yes I know how easy they are to play and yes I know no skill Is required to use them.
Having auto lock on, spam-able grenades / rockets and a stun that lasts for days just isn't a satisfying way to get kills, least not for me.
I almost feel sorry for the other person because I know how cheap it is to be killed this way, hence I now no longer use them.
I tend to stick to hero's that actually feel rewarding to get kills, but yet I'm constantly met by these 'anti fun heroes' every single game.

Now maybe its just because I have more respect for myself that I find them so anti fun? I'm at a point now where I think "what's the point in putting more effort into some heroes, when there are others that require way less with the same or even better gains?" ...That's just not right.

But Heck! I must be the only one in existence to think this, but iv never had a problem being killed by scatter arrow! It really didn't happen very often and it made up for the high skill level of such a hero, at the same time giving them a tool that put melee in a danger spot.
Head shot me, scatter me, blink behind me, reflect me all day long, if you have a better skill level than me or out play me then fair do's to you.
Being hit by a noob tube from the other side of the map, having my hp drained from the moon, a turret that has 20.20 vision and being stun locked is just not fun gameplay.

In short: If I was a new player joining this game as of 2018 and not from Beta I sure as hell would not be here now. We play for fun, is it not?
30/04/2018 20:03Posted by WEEZYPEANUT
I'm at the point where it just feels like blizzard is promoting people to play with heroes that require no skill. I'm specifically talking about, moira, brig, junknoob and Winston.

Imagine you are selling ice-cream. But with chocolate flavor only. And suddenly you realize, that there are people who don`t like chocolate but they like banana. So what will you do? Well, you will start making banana ice-cream too so you make more money right? And that is it.

My friend were always telling me noooo he won`t play OW coz he has no aim. Well, I told him 1/3 of heroes don`t require aim and I immediately got his attention. So that is what blizzard wants.
30/04/2018 20:20Posted by Taita

Imagine you are selling ice-cream. But with chocolate flavor only. And suddenly you realize, that there are people who don`t like chocolate but they like banana. So what will you do? Well, you will start making banana ice-cream too so you make more money right? And that is it.

My friend were always telling me noooo he won`t play OW coz he has no aim. Well, I told him 1/3 of heroes don`t require aim and I immediately got his attention. So that is what blizzard wants.

I understand that a game needs to cater for that type of player to, and it does which is a good thing.
But when those characters are literally in every single game you play I feel as if there's a problem there. Their ease of use should have a down side to...
I think winston is fine, because if you have soldier or reaper on your team winston is probably toast.

I agree with Moira, I think she is way to offensive for a healing support, she doesnt have any of the drawback than Zen has, and outside of the discord orb she just does his job better than him. She chunks mobile squishies like Tracer and Genji way to easy with her orb and its incredibly frustrating to deal with.

I think Junkrat is fine, he's easy, but if he misses his shots he gets !@#$ed. I do wish they would take away one of his mines though, because it doesnt feel healthy that he always has that safety net.

When it comes to Brigitte i think she's close to fine, I think they need to nerf her stun cd, because now she can just stun, smack anyone, shield, stun kill someone. I think if the cooldown is increased to 7-8 seconds she'll be way more healthy.
If you had replaced the word "skill" with the word "aim" in your OT, then it would have been much easier to agree with you. Now though, this just comes off as misguided. All those heroes require skill, just different kind of skills. Yes, I hate Brigitte, but saying that she requires no skill is just stupid.
30/04/2018 20:27Posted by Bloodartist
If you had replaced the word "skill" with the word "aim" in your OT, then it would have been much easier to agree with you. Now though, this just comes off as misguided. All those heroes require skill, just different kind of skills. Yes, I hate Brigitte, but saying that she requires no skill is just stupid.

If you think that then I must be some kind of Brig god because Iv tried her and shes almost un killable and at the same time I can land more elims than a dps. To me that doesn't sound right but what do I know?
'aiming' certainly doesn't apply to brig.
Same can be said for Winston and Moira since they have auto lock on. Junk just has a 'general direction' aim so... yea.
Your idea of what skill is in Overwatch is very ignorant, one of the hardest heroes to play in this game is a tank and that's why so few people want to play them and auto lock DPS, A tank has so many jobs in a team fight from disrupting the opponents back line to body blocking enemies from reaching his supports.

This game isn't Call Of Duty where you can sprint around the map hip firing an SMG and win the game on your own Overwatch is a team shooter where heroes are designed to struggle 2 v 1 against competent opponents.

Every hero has a role and while some may seem easier to score kills with at a low skill level they all take a lot to master, take Junkrat while a poor Junk player will just fire in a "general direction" as you put it a skilled Junkrat will score direct hits with predictive shots because if he doesn't he's an easy kill and to be honest most of the people who die to spam are ones who walk into it and that's their fault.
30/04/2018 20:25Posted by Dex
I think winston is fine, because if you have soldier or reaper on your team winston is probably toast.

I agree with Moira, I think she is way to offensive for a healing support, she doesnt have any of the drawback than Zen has, and outside of the discord orb she just does his job better than him. She chunks mobile squishies like Tracer and Genji way to easy with her orb and its incredibly frustrating to deal with.

I think Junkrat is fine, he's easy, but if he misses his shots he gets !@#$ed. I do wish they would take away one of his mines though, because it doesnt feel healthy that he always has that safety net.

When it comes to Brigitte i think she's close to fine, I think they need to nerf her stun cd, because now she can just stun, smack anyone, shield, stun kill someone. I think if the cooldown is increased to 7-8 seconds she'll be way more healthy.

i don't agree with Brigette, she has to be removed in my opinion or significantly nerfed on every front. She can just kill and outlast any tanks damage and the shield is too broken on a support champ.
I legit feel like that if I do not pick Moira we just lose... Moira 24/7 -- what a fun and magical game where you have 20+ heroes but you can constantly play 1 if you actually want to win :) come on blizz if i want to play one hero i go play fortnite.
Skill is subjective. Doing amazing or doing 'good enough' are two entirely diffrent things. For example I believe that Genji and Tracer are easy to play and people are 100% allowed to disagree with me on it. But don't pretend that just because a character has 'easy' mechanics that it requires no skill to learn and master. Moira and Brigitte for example both have their position in the team that hey have to learn and stick to. This is why those heroes were rubbish the first couple of weeks because people who don't know the first thing about supporting are hogging them and playing them like glorified DPS characters. The same could be said for Ana when she was released. People played her like a budget Widowmaker untill they discovered that they were required to do other things beside getting that gold eliminations medal and then they all quit playing her giving the actual support players a chance.

TLDR: There are no ''no skill'' characters in the game. Just characters requiring diffrent skills.
I'm at the point where it just feels like blizzard is promoting people to play with heroes that require no skill.

Is this why highest skill cap heroes are present in every OWL game?

Yes iv played them, yes I know how easy they are to play and yes I know no skill Is required to use them.

Well that's rich. I'm no master player, but I don't think you understand how this game works skill-wise. People like you, who claim Winston is a no-skill hero are the same people who pick him, jump into 6 people alone, sometimes kill one person and always die.

I tend to stick to hero's that actually feel rewarding to get kills, but yet I'm constantly met by these 'anti fun heroes' every single game.

Then get better. Despite the fact that 'anitfun' Winston is supposed to counter Widow, you can still outplay him with enough skill. And it's not just about aim.

But Heck! I must be the only one in existence to think this, but iv never had a problem being killed by scatter arrow!

So, one shotting a 400hp hero by aiming in general direction of their feet is skill, but cooldown management and positioning is not?
30/04/2018 21:18Posted by SW3RVY
i don't agree with Brigette, she has to be removed in my opinion or significantly nerfed on every front. She can just kill and outlast any tanks damage and the shield is too broken on a support champ.

Because she can stun>attack>stun>attack way to rapidly. Increasing the stun cooldown slows down that combo, which leaves more time to pressure her without her getting to sustain herself so well.
Having heroes that are easy to play but are equally and sometimes stronger than the heroes that require a lot of skill to play is bad in a game like Overwatch.

Say you're a good player but you're playing a hero that's tough to play.
You come up against a bad player that's playing a hero that's easy to play and you lose.
How is that good game design? Does it feel fair?

Not to mention, typically speaking a hero that's very easy to play is a hero that lacks depth and is arguably boring and is likely played mostly because that's the hero that bad players can climb the furthest with in ranks. Not because they're good but because the hero that they're playing is good ... and easy.

Please add more depth and the possibility to be very good (and very bad) with every hero. Raise all their skillcaps.
Every hero requires skill.
You appear to be a bronze rank Doomfist/Genji main so you must realise that the game isn't really balanced for your skill level.
If you don't like variety in hero skill kits then I recommend you try Counterstrike, where everyone uses the AK47 or AWP.
And again a post who talk about "skill" without knowing what they are talking about.
Yes indeed some hero are more mechanically easy to take in hand and play with, but again in a team based game like Overwatch its not the only thing that matters.
Stuff like game sense, target focus, cooldown and ressources management, positioning etc....

The best exemple is Winston who is mechanically pretty basic, his gun don't really need aim or precision tracking, and his only abilities are a jump and a shield bubble.
BUT you can definitely make the difference between a good Winston by his choice of target and his timing while a bad Winston will just jump randomly jump in maybe take an enemy down but will die in the process. Not too mention not every Winston players in the game can brag about being able to bubble a Dva ult in midair.

Stop saying that each takes no skill since each hero take skill in their own way.
Just go play COD or CSGO if you want to judge others people skills since everyone play with the same tools in these games.
Remove Moira, Symmetra, Junkrat, Winston and Doommfist from the game. Problem Solved.
You're playing the wrong game if you want skill to matter
OW has always been about attracting players that wouldn't get on FPS normally. I'm looking at CS:GO and Combat Arms. I like that this game isn't solely focused on high mechanical skills. I never really played multi-player FPS games before this game and honestly I feel good number of people in the community feels this way. Besides I've seen higher skill characters pull of plays that other lower skill heroes can't.
30/04/2018 20:41Posted by WEEZYPEANUT

If you think that then I must be some kind of Brig god because Iv tried her and shes almost un killable and at the same time I can land more elims than a dps.

Now I hate to do this but.... you're also bronze.
01/05/2018 00:37Posted by VurrChachino
Having heroes that are easy to play but are equally and sometimes stronger than the heroes that require a lot of skill to play is bad in a game like Overwatch.

no that is just overwatch, have been and seemingly will be.
what you might be thinking of are straight up pure FPS games.

but in this case this game is much more like a moba than an fps at this point.