Why does Blizzard hate Reinhardt?

Competitive Discussion
Recently, Reinhardt has been hit hard by certain changes.
He already became less of a meta pick when the Rein/Zarya meta slipped away and Divecomp came blasting onto the scene.

Then Sombra got buffed quite hard, being nothing but an annoyance for Reinhardt players all around.
Then Blizzard introduces a support hero which can COMPLETELY negate Reinhardt's charge, stun him THROUGH HIS BARRIER and simply wrecks him in a 1v1 situation.
Then they thought, well our new anti-everything hero should get a golden shield along with her golden weapon when 3k comp points are spent.

What about the manliest crusader of them all? Nope, no golden shield for Reinhardt.

Stop hating the manliest hero of them all! :(
Wait what? Brigitte cant wrek rein in 1v1. Only way brigitte wins rein in 1v1 is that your playing 1v1 elimination in custom and you kite the rein for a year. But then again even mercy can do that. Is mercy op now? Wow mercy can rekt rein in 1v1 wow such h8.

Rein is heavily team based hero and is complete trash in 1v1.
If you're talking about single combat scenarios, sure, plenty of players can screw with Rein.. but a good rein will have a Soldier, Dva, Junkrat, Moira and Bastion backing him up. Alone, all heroes can be considered mediocre to some degree... its the team that is what makes Rein a force to be reckoned with
Rein is OP in the lower levels where the DPS cant or refuse to shoot the shield
Reinhardt needs some sort of counterplay such as Orisa's fortify or genji deflect ability.
01/05/2018 21:57Posted by Endeavour
Reinhardt needs some sort of counterplay such as Orisa's fortify or genji deflect ability.

I wouldn't say Reinhardt needs something like that...its more like the past few big changes that happened all screwed over this manliest hero of them all.
>manliest hero
>hides behind a huge shield during most of the game
>once the shield is down he either runs away like a pussy or charges in and dies
>hits walls constantly stunning himself and allowing the enemy to kill him
>relies on a bugged ultimate hitting people who cant even see him
>spams a ranged attack with perhaps the biggest hit box in the game
>abuses high sensitivity by rotating 360 degrees like a retard

I sure hope not many people aspire to be this guy.
i ask myself the same question

Blizzard hates germans or what? what did Rein do to them? or is the lore that hes a masochist that loves pain and getting owned?
02/05/2018 09:58Posted by Bustar
>manliest hero
>hides behind a huge shield during most of the game
>once the shield is down he either runs away like a pussy or charges in and dies
>hits walls constantly stunning himself and allowing the enemy to kill him
>relies on a bugged ultimate hitting people who cant even see him
>spams a ranged attack with perhaps the biggest hit box in the game
>abuses high sensitivity by rotating 360 degrees like a retard

I sure hope not many people aspire to be this guy.

>manliest hero
>takes frontline with a big shield even when there are a ton of low CD stuns around
>takes frontline with a big shield even when there is a robot who can do everything better than him
>low cd stuns cause his shield to go down
>once his shield breaks has literally no way to be useful unless it's fighting on the objective
>gets screwed over by his own ultimate far more often than he screws others over
>spams a ranged attack that does almost no damage to help charge his bugged ultimate that doesn't work half the time
>only thing he counters is his own ultimate on the enemy team

Poor rein
05/05/2018 13:11Posted by Glyte
>only thing he counters is his own ultimate on the enemy team

There is of course Tactical Visor and Deadeye
Rein is currently the strongest and most Meta tank atm.

He is still hella frustrating to play but I have no idea where you got the idea recently he fell more out of the meta.

Rein/Zarya is meta again.

An easy way to see this is to look at his stats in GM, he is currently the most picked tank and has the second highest win rate (only behind Zarya)

Or look at pro scrims, Rein is a key component again of these.

Overall his pickrate is the highest by a long shot with a really good wr.

I swear people on these forums just don't look into anything, I just don't understand how you can be so unaware of the meta.

"Hey the most picked and most meta tank needs buff because of my clueless experience playing him, he should be given Orisas abilities the tank with a 3% pick rate who is completely niche"

Don't get me wrong though, he can be frustrating to play but you're joking if you think hes fallen out of the meta.
Imagine if Rein had CC immunity while he could charge...

Maybe a bit OP, but your expecting a flashbang or a tap from a tiny shield to stop the giant thruster on the back of the armour?
Imagine D.va's love tap with her tiny pistol dealing the same damage as a giant meat hook getting shoved into your face. How does this work?
Tbh blizzard are already trying to get him to the meta because of brigette. But, brigette counters reinhardt himself. So, its a back n forth situation. They are either going to nerf brigette, buff rein or add a new hero that brings him back to the meta.