Give Reinhardt the same CC immunity as Orisa and D.va

Competitive Discussion
It's getting harder and harder to play Reinhardt in comp, when there is so much armor, and cc effects that's booping him around. He can't stand still with his shield with his team.

So would it be a good idea to give him the same CC immunity as Orisa and D.va when they shoot? (Just when the shield is up)

Would make him better, also with all the new stun abilities...
nope they just need to fix brigitte buffing rein like that would just make things worse as the only way to counter him would be to break his shield a flanking mcree or ana should still be rewarded maybe if they made it so brigitte could not stun rein that would be fine but giving him immunity would just make Orisa shift ability useless.
It's not only Brigitte, it's also Doomfist, and other heroes, I didn't say that he needed Orisas Shift ability. Only that they should make him Some kind of CC immune.
i like rein + brigitte comp
I'd be happy too if Rein could get his ult up from Blocking the damage (only if theres teammate behind your shield) with that change i'd be ready to lower the ult % from melee hits.

But yeah, Rein needs little tooning up

P.S Hope blizz would change the ult voice lines for reins Black- and Bloodhardt skins, instead of yelling Hammer Down, he should yell Axe Down.
He got buffed a great deal with the introduction of Brigitte in every game so no, there is no way they are buffing him and power creeping the whole cast. Fighting against shields is already monumentally stupid, imagine if there is a way for him to prevent a hook for example after his shield runs out. Insane.........
Give Rein a sort of passive that reflects that he is wearing a big heavy suit of armor with a rocket engine on his back, let him keep some of his momentum if stunned during charge, so anyone still in his path, even after interupting his charge, will get knocked back and take a bit of dmg.

I would personally like it if Rein was immune to some of the CC during his charge.
So Doomfist gets grabbed by the charge if he punches it, same with Brigitte and her shieldbash, so charge is the strongest in that category of abilities and always wins.
If Rein has already grabbed a target with the charge, and Doomfist or Brigitte tries to stun Rein they just get shoved out of the way.

Im fine with Hogs hook being able to grab Rein mid charge, however, I do think that Rein should keep his charge momentum and knock Hog back when he is pulled during a charge (not sure if this is even possible to code).

Flashbang is also fine, but it just seem so damn wierd that you stop dead in your tracks during a charge, so keeping some momentum from the charge would feel better.

Rein charge vs. Rein charge, both knocked down is good as it is, heck id love to see if it was possible to add a shockwave aoe when it happens, just for the heck of having 2 tanks ramming eachother at breakneck speed.

And I would personally love if we could have the ability to cancel his charge by pressing it again, but still keeping some of the momentum from it, so we dont come to a stop instantly, maybe give a bit more maneuverability during it, not much, just a bit more would feel great (insert initial D drifting memes).
08/05/2018 12:50Posted by Daiki
And I would personally love if we could have the ability to cancel his charge

Just have it use the .5 sec animation it already has when the charge normaly ends. Seriosuly, this would make charge a much more reliable move. If you miss your intended target you can stop before you end up on the other side of the map (or fall off it)

It would be awesome to boop ppl of side without killing urself too. Would require a bit of timing so u stop before u die but still push the target off the map.

Would ad an entire new dimension to him as he can use it to engage and disengage more reliably. I mean how many times have been in a situation that I can't reliably get away since charge will simply face plant me into the nearest obsticle and stun me if I don't have a suuper long straight path behind me. Only option is to get one swing, die and hate myself knowing all the ult charge they just got from my dead German corpse.

Charging slightly behind an enemy team and start swinging at their backside (would still be borderline suicide but at least it's intended suicide)
Oh, and it would add a psych-out effect. Oh shoot! A charging Rein!

Enemy team proceeds to move/use ability.

Rein stops slightly out of range and pops his massive shield in their face as your team safely trots up behind you ready to wreck havoc.
08/05/2018 23:51Posted by Annimositty
Oh, and it would add a psych-out effect. Oh shoot! A charging Rein!

Enemy team proceeds to move/use ability.

Rein stops slightly out of range and pops his massive shield in their face as your team safely trots up behind you ready to wreck havoc.

The charge is fine as is, save for the fact I strongly believe it shouldn't be boopable, but should be stunnable. Your suggestion wouldn't work because they would just hit rein in the face while he passes by since they can just side step it.

Allowing for charge to have a cancel effect is mainly suggested by people who suck at charging with him lol
09/05/2018 02:21Posted by Obelisk
Allowing for charge to have a cancel effect is mainly suggested by people who suck at charging with him lol

As far as i can make out from my stats on either overbuff and masteroverwatch, im pretty decent at using charge on Rein.
But it is still a bit on the buggy side at times, like you charge straight at someone, but for some reason they just get shoved instead of grabbed, those times a cancel would be very nice.
On the flipside you can still vacuum people into the charge at corners/through walls with the right angle on it, however its usually more luck on those.

09/05/2018 02:21Posted by Obelisk
The charge is fine as is, save for the fact I strongly believe it shouldn't be boopable, but should be stunnable. Your suggestion wouldn't work because they would just hit rein in the face while he passes by since they can just side step it.

Now that would be a very nice QoL change for Rein, not being able to get knocked out of the way when in a charge, although, personally I would miss the flying Rein pins when knocked into the sky with a mine and you either grab the Junkrat, the unlucky Pharah or Mercy in midair :P
06/05/2018 12:38Posted by Stonefors
It's not only Brigitte, it's also Doomfist, and other heroes, I didn't say that he needed Orisas Shift ability. Only that they should make him Some kind of CC immune.

things like these ability was not just made to stop flankers they was for tanks also it would be pretty stupid if you could just walk onto a point as 3 tanks and no1 could stop you these abilities are in the game to try prevent tanks been so meta but brigitte does need a nerf thats for sure.

Its like if a winston asked for stun immunity when he leaps on people thats not going to fix anything you dont fix a game by buffing other heroes or making new heroes to counter the old ones that is what gets us where we are now with hanzo spamming 200 damage instant arrows with new ability and mercy damage boost he is now buffed to a point that there is no point in picking soldier/mcree or widowmaker over him because he does all 3 roles better than the actual heroes do.
10/05/2018 17:46Posted by ryy
06/05/2018 12:38Posted by Stonefors

things like these ability was not just made to stop flankers they was for tanks also it would be pretty stupid if you could just walk onto a point as 3 tanks and no1 could stop you these abilities are in the game to try prevent tanks been so meta but brigitte does need a nerf thats for sure.

Its like if a winston asked for stun immunity when he leaps on people thats not going to fix anything you dont fix a game by buffing other heroes or making new heroes to counter the old ones that is what gets us where we are now with hanzo spamming 200 damage instant arrows with new ability and mercy damage boost he is now buffed to a point that there is no point in picking soldier/mcree or widowmaker over him because he does all 3 roles better than the actual heroes do.

Orisa already has it so why doesn't she just walk onto the point? The problem is with reinhardt;

He moves slowly

His shield is easily bursted through with junkrat+any other hero honestly

His ability should be influenced by stuns, but boops? no way kiddo. If anything he should be planted with his shield up. He has no method of counter attack, that's the consequence.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Orisa already has it so why doesn't she just walk onto the point? The problem is with reinhardt;

He moves slowly

His shield is easily bursted through with junkrat+any other hero honestly

His ability should be influenced by stuns, but boops? no way kiddo. If anything he should be planted with his shield up. He has no method of counter attack, that's the consequence.

I thoaght it was pretty much logic that while she has been given the ability to be immune she moves very very slow and her shield can only be placed once every 8 seconds is it?

Its like trying to have an arguement and saying hog should have defence matrix because dva has it....

A rein can move and turn with his shield he also has one of the best ultimates in the game aswell if it lands imagine if he was immune everytime he used that it would just make the rein vs rein skill gap even lower lmao this is how the game was made and it was fine at the start removing the ability to peel tanks would just make this game even more into a swing your hammer moba.

Reins damage is alot more than orisa and it is aoe if he gets ontop of a team he can melt them all orisa cant do this the only thing rein and orisa have in common is they both use shields so dont compare them please.
Few ideas (Not necessarily all at once):

- Let player cancel charge, this gives him more control over his mobility (deploying your shield or pressing charge again could cancel the initial charge.

- Direct hit from the hammer during earth shatter should instantly kill (never tried but does it already do this?)

- giving him stun immunity like Orisa would be too strong, perhaps a boop like lucio (but weaker), brigg comes in to stun you, if your boop ability is on cooldown you could use it screw up her stun so she misses.
While I do agree he needs changes to be less frustrating, they have to be careful with buffs.

He is the best tank in this current meta and has an extremely high pick rate and win rate. Buffing him while he is currently the best tank in the game could easily overtune him.

In GM he has a 41.2% pickrate, Orisa has a 4.19% pickrate (Rein also has a higher win rate).

Give him a buff and give him some of Orisas abilities while the stats are like this would be serious over kill.

Not just Orisa though in the current meta winston/dva/hog are also really falling behind Rein/Zarya
11/05/2018 11:01Posted by NEGReaper
giving him stun immunity like Orisa would be too strong, perhaps a boop like lucio (but weaker), brigg comes in to stun you, if your boop ability is on cooldown you could use it screw up her stun so she misses.

Oh boy giving Rein a version of Fortify... Now that is just a hilarious overpowered image. :P
Top it off with a nano and we are really rolling.

I would like to see Rein maybe being able to have melee actions besides his big
hammer swings.
Like maybe when his barrier is up you and you use the melee button (V) Rein does a shove with his barrier to push people back, or having the barrier overcharge and release a wave of force to knock people back, kinda like Lucios sound wave I suppose, but in this case I would make it proximity based knockback strenght, so the closer you are the heavier the knockback becomes.
Or make the barrier unpassable for a few seconds, as in it becomes a solid wall that roots you in place for a few seconds, so nothing can pass through it. (Stuff that can pass solid walls can still pass it)

And when the shield is down he could do a quick step forward and strike with the pommel of the hammer and stun the target, but it has like a 10-20 sec cooldown.
I know we got stuns all over the place (no need for more right?) with Brigittes recent addition.
Hence the long cooldown for the pommelstrike.
Or just a straight up powerfull knockback move.
I would really like to se Rein truly in the role as the heavy armored knight, that can act both as a powerful shield for his allies, but also a heavy sledgehammer when needed.
Just add the Heavy Assault from the Retribution event to replace him.