Briggite made the meta completly UNSKILLED

General Discussion
13/05/2018 23:22Posted by Toupher
Yes, you use a Brigitte to run to a widow on a highspot and leave your team alone.... bravo. In that time where you try to get to her including failing the boostjump etc she already killed your team or even yourself.

What about if you get to the high ground even before the widow got there ?
You lack any sense of imagination dude. What ello are you stuck in ? Low diamond ?
I doubt you'll ever climb out of that considering you lack creativity in the different ways of playing this game. I'm not going to waste my time trying to speak sense into your empty head. Adios! Talk to the walls here after, and you are going on my ignore list.
13/05/2018 23:30Posted by Star
What's one in a million about pre ulting ? Dude you just use some standard phrases in all situations ? I said the nerf was simply to discourage a common ulting practise of Brig players, whereby they use there ults really early to stack 150 armor on all there allies. What's one in a million about it ?

Your reason why they did it is because a few people use it before they have an actual combat with the enemy team. This is your usual special situation argument that you bring up in every of your posts in every subject.

And I told you it's not the reason. The reason they lowered it is because it gave too much armor. Plain and simple. Shield heroes are broken and even more annoying with her ult. That's why they lowered it. No magic or desperation or so. Just plain and simple.

13/05/2018 23:32Posted by Star
Oh well, what do you know I have at many points found myself in a advantageous point, getting to certain high grounds denying the enemy from using that high ground a bunch of times. I don't have to try explain my own personal findings about it, because I doubt you have more than 5h on Brig to begin with. Your just plain dumb and stupid if you don't realize that denying certain enemies high ground advantage in return translates to an advantage for your own side.

This is why people below certain ranks shouldn't talk about buffing and nerfing. I explained it to you that's it's stupid at any giving moment to leave your team alone (with a brigitte) and to kill a sniper. If you managed to do that you probably played afk players or people below silver in qp or arcade. Nice one. Totally gullible. I also never said denying highground for widow or so is nonsense. I said it's nonsense using brigitte for that. And literally everyone would tell you the same.

I know enough about the hero even with only 10 minutes playtime because of her low skill ceiling and floor.
13/05/2018 23:38Posted by Star
What about if you get to the high ground even before the widow got there ?
You lack any sense of imagination dude. What ello are you stuck in ? Low diamond ?
I doubt you'll ever climb out of that considering you lack creativity in the different ways of playing this game. I'm not going to waste my time trying to speak sense into your empty head. Adios! Talk to the walls here after, and you are going on my ignore list.

Nice you stand there alone and the widow got another spot to kill you and your team. You are so smart. Wow.

Yea, leave. It's not like you are the laughingstock for everyone here. Looking at your arguments and post already made me realize I talk to a wall.

And by the way, putting me on your ignore list doesn't do anything. I never get queued with low silvers.
05/05/2018 11:01Posted by Unique

unskilled meta literally..

So, mechanical skill is the only thing that matters? What about game sence? Positioning?
Sure, bulling enemy's backline for years is much harder then dodging gravs and blocking shatters.
And by the way if you are good enough you can still dive enemy's supports, kill them fast and win the fight.
14/05/2018 17:54Posted by Tulkas
So, mechanical skill is the only thing that matters?

Mechanical skill is overrated, especially since it's just muscle memory exercise. Having mobility is a HUGE advantage in this game. It's what made Dive so damn powerful.

Now that people don't have the freedom to use that mobility with little to no drawbacks, they can't stop crying.

Char with little to no mobility take the most skill in my book (Zarya, Zen, Ana, Mecree, and Widowmaker come to mind). There are no shortcuts for them, they need to be aware 100% of the time or they die. There's no Deflect/double jump/wall climb/dash or blinkx3/recall to reset an unfavorable encounter for u.
14/05/2018 18:17Posted by Annimositty
14/05/2018 17:54Posted by Tulkas
So, mechanical skill is the only thing that matters?

Mechanical skill is overrated, especially since it's just muscle memory exercise. Having mobility is a HUGE advantage in this game. It's what made Dive so damn powerful.

Now that people don't have the freedom to use that mobility with little to no drawbacks, they can't stop crying.

Char with little to no mobility take the most skill in my book (Zarya, Zen, Ana, Mecree, and Widowmaker come to mind). There are no shortcuts for them, they need to be aware 100% of the time or they die. There's no Deflect/double jump/wall climb/dash or blinkx3/recall to reset an unfavorable encounter for u.

Zarya, Zen, Ana, McCree and Widowmaker are poster characters for needing mechanical skill... Your entire post is contradictory. You say mechanical skill is overrated and then list pretty much every hero mostly requiring a great deal of mechanical skill

Mechanical skill = The physical skill required in the form of button presses, mouse movements and target leading to accurately deal or avoid damage... i.e.; The actual ability to get heroes like Zarya, Zen, Ana, McCree and Widowmaker to hit the right targets.

It has very little to do with anything relating to mobility for most characters except Widowmaker and Winston, since their mobility options are targeted and will potentially fail horribly if executed horribly.

It applies the other way around as well; You are extremely mobile as Tracer, but without any mechanical skill you're just putting out piss poor DPS if all you land are bodyshots on tanks instead of headshots on squishies.
14/05/2018 19:19Posted by GekiritZ
Zarya, Zen, Ana, McCree and Widowmaker are poster characters for needing mechanical skill... Your entire post is contradictory. You say mechanical skill is overrated and then list pretty much every hero mostly requiring a great deal of mechanical skillMechanical skill = The physical skill required in the form of button presses, mouse movements and target leading to accurately deal or avoid damage... i.e.; The actual ability to get heroes like Zarya, Zen, Ana, McCree and Widowmaker to hit the right targets. It has very little to do with anything relating to mobility for most characters except Widowmaker and Winston, since their mobility options are targeted and will potentially fail horribly if executed horribly. It applies the other way around as well; You are extremely mobile as Tracer, but without any mechanical skill you're just putting out piss poor DPS if all you land are bodyshots on tanks instead of headshots on squishies.

That's kinda my point. I'm saying they require insane amount of Mechanical Skill AND have piss poor mobility. This means they get punished heavly for being even slightly out of position.

Genji and Tracer also require mechanical skill PLUS the added benefit of being the gods of mobility. I understand people like that they take skill to play, but I suspect that being able to get anywhere in half the time then any other hero except maybe Lucio is the reason Tracer and Genji are so popular.

I'd bet if Lucio had the kind of damage potential those two had he'd be right up their too.

Playing anything else would feel like playing a very vulnerable slug.
I completely agree with OP. Here Here!
Brigitte has low skill cap high reward, everyone knows this. As a support main I hate her having in my team or play against, 90% of them are overextending all the time thinking they’re a bloody tank or a flanker. Like most of the Moiras.

Blizzard needs to change her. Either boost her healing abilities, reduce the dmg to be more of an off support and can actually help the main healer, or nerf her healing abilities, boost her hp and move it to the tank section. 3v1 you can punish her if the player overextend, otherwise she’ll get over with the kill.

This meta is skilled only from Zarya and Hanzo’s side: Zarya needs good cd management, Hanzo needs good aim. Yes, annoying ult combo, but this can be ruined by the lack of communication. Also if Hanzo is bad, there’s no point going by the meta, cause lack of dps.

On the other hand this meta with the tri support shows perfectly: Brigitte is not a healer, not even a support. She’s good for cc, but nothing else. Whenever I have a bloody Brigitte in my team, I have to soloheal, I can’t even rely on her passive ability or armor pack. In low sr there’s almost zero teamwork, unless of you team up with someone, so it’s nearly impossible to ask for help to kill her, or expect the others to listen to you in voice chat. She’s no help on your team, that’s why this meta has 2 other supports. If you go with the 222, and the other healer dies, no chance to achieve anything.

One of the games the enemy had Doom and Brigitte: Doom stun the tank, then Brigitte, bam, 600hp tank died in what, like 1 second, then the other tank etc. No one will be a tank main anymore, there’ll be more toxicity towards healers, because they won’t be able to deal with the perma stunn. And yes, this is the point when you change to Moira to survive the 4 people constantly chasing you down and do the heals you have to do. Her burst heal is the biggest I think and her mobility allows to survive on the point long enough in 1v6 to let the rest of the team coming back. But this means you need good cd management.

Ana is her biggest counter, sadly she’s one of the higher skill capped hero in the game.
15/05/2018 07:44Posted by pawnYatta
One of the games the enemy had Doom and Brigitte: Doom stun the tank, then Brigitte, bam, 600hp tank died in what, like 1 second, then the other tank etc.

How is that possible ? Doomfist can dish out a max of 150 dmg, if he manages to punch the tank against a wall, with a max charged punch.
Brig's combo can dish out 155 dmg.
The combination of both them is only 305 dmg. That's around the half way point of a 600 tanks hp. What are you talking about burning 600 hp in 1s ?
You really think only 2 of them were in the team? Please think before you respond...
15/05/2018 08:16Posted by Star
How is that possible ? Doomfist can dish out a max of 150 dmg, if he manages to punch the tank against a wall, with a max charged punch.

Wrong, it's 100 from the initial punch and hitting the wall is another 150 dmg which is 250 dmg.
with brigs combo it would be 405 dmg total.
so tanks like zarya or orisa if they are without defenses would most likely die pretty quick.
but this is all theory and all assumption that a brig and a doomfist can combo together effectively which is kind of hard since the doomfist needs to punch them against a wall that is next to where brig is standing.

but meh. a doomfist can deal with them on his own and doesn't explicitly need the help from brigitte to do that anyways.
15/05/2018 09:55Posted by Renegade
15/05/2018 08:16Posted by Star

Wrong, it's 100 from the initial punch and hitting the wall is another 150 dmg which is 250 dmg.
with brigs combo it would be 405 dmg total.
so tanks like zarya or orisa if they are without defenses would most likely die pretty quick.
but this is all theory and all assumption that a brig and a doomfist can combo together effectively which is kind of hard since the doomfist needs to punch them against a wall that is next to where brig is standing.

but meh. a doomfist can deal with them on his own and doesn't explicitly need the help from brigitte to do that anyways.

Ah thanks for the info. So DF and Brig can synergize together to coz some havoc.. Cool need to group up more with my DF buddies :P
Relax, guys. Nerfs are already on the PTR and will most likely go live today or with the Anniversary event. Furthermore OWL will have Brigitte available tomorrow, and then it will quickly show whether or not she is in fact OP and/or enables a stale meta. In my opinion the Brigitte-centered meta is potentially less diverse than the dive meta and furthermore the dive meta wasn't really a thing except in GM and in OWL, judging by the pick and win rates for the dive heroes in season 9 (in season 9 Rein had a higher winrate than Winston, and Tracer had a sub 50% winrate in every ELO below masters, if memory serves me correct..)
Yes, only McCree is missing from the perma stun... What I wanted to say with the whole blabla is the tank mains will disappear, everyone will rage against the healers because no one in the roaster can heal a stunned tank against 3-4 people, except Zen's ult. Brigitte should be a tank with more hp, slightly bigger shield, then it would be acceptable for everyone. As a support I expect help from the other one, but she can be used basically for anything except being a proper off healer.

She's countering everyone with her bash, not just flankers, and to be honest, flankers rarely die because of Brigitte. Low % of the players pay attention to the back line to protect Ana or Zen if there's a flanker, they just play in the front where they actually can keep the passive heal active. If a flanker is on me as Mercy, I get more help from one of the dps or tank than a Brigitte anti-flanker whatever it is.

Yeah, sure, Zarya can bubble the stun, Orisa forfeit, but those abilities have waaaaaay higher cd than the bash... and not to mention: it's a team based game, people, even if it's only 2 of them, will group up.
15/05/2018 10:19Posted by Killahead
Relax, guys. Nerfs are already on the PTR and will most likely go live today or with the Anniversary event.

The 1s increase to her Shield Bash will reduce her mobility and the overall number of stuns she can dish out through out a game.
What's even more interesting is tracers will now as a result see more light because of that 1s increase.
15/05/2018 10:27Posted by Star
15/05/2018 10:19Posted by Killahead
Relax, guys. Nerfs are already on the PTR and will most likely go live today or with the Anniversary event.

The 1s increase to her Shield Bash will reduce her mobility and the overall number of stuns she can dish out through out a game.
What's even more interesting is tracers will now as a result see more light because of that 1s increase.

Rally also gives less armor, which to me is even more important.

I'm not about hating Brigitte nor Tracer, all I care about is overall balance and interesting/fun gameplay. I can adapt, I play a lot of heroes.