re: breast cancer

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
09/05/2018 12:52Posted by NeRv
of course your dad hates u , u are a failure of a man, like ur so smug its actually making me sick.

Nice edit. I have a good relationship with my parents :)
09/05/2018 12:51Posted by DrDangerRuss
09/05/2018 12:34Posted by Badafarusima
a child screaming may really irritate you, tolerance is sitting quietly and resisting the urge to smash its face in until the noise stops... acceptance is going over, praising the child for its misbehaviour, throwing a party and urging others to make as much noise as possible in the future.

We're talking about very different things - if that kid is screaming, i'll probably ignore it until it gets too bad, at which point i'll go over and ask them to see what's up, and see if i can help resolve the problem.

Acceptance isn't the same as praise. Standing up for yourself and your needs is part of self-respect.

The main reason i'm talking to you guys now is that i can see you're heading in a bad direction and i want to help.
i understand your reasoning, but i think we are two very different people,

i do respect myself, it is society at large that does not respect people like me, and hence if they don't want me, i'm fine with that, i will go away, but when it needs me, and it will, don't expect me to come back, an old adage comes to mind... "You made your bed, now sleep in it"

meaning... i did not break the balance in society, i'm not going to fix it for you

contrary to a lot of people... i am perfectly fine and happy orbiting society, and not being included within it... on any degree... in fact i was thinking just the other day... that in current year... it would be my absolute heaven, to be stranded on a desert island... alone... without any expectations on me to perform... other than what i would need to do to survive

but again... a lot of people don't understand this mentality... because it is inherent of a mindset of men that does not exist anymore

the mentality that is as follows...

i am strong... i build... i create... i fix... if i don't like the world i change it, and not change for it... and if it cannot be fixed then to hell with it, and move on to the next adventure
09/05/2018 12:59Posted by DrDangerRuss
09/05/2018 12:52Posted by NeRv
of course your dad hates u , u are a failure of a man, like ur so smug its actually making me sick.

Then it was the other SJW failure , hard to keep track of who is who, ha-ha you all sound the same.
08/05/2018 23:37Posted by Railen
Guy makes good points - gets toxic responses.

Why make this sexist -.-?

I see a lot of people wanting a charity event for other variants of cancer but personally, i see cancer, i see good cause. So why when a guy want's a bit of equality spouts something to do with it, everyone gets toxic?

Stow it, he isn't wanting to stop this event, he wants another.

Quit being sexist. -.-.... Edit: quit being toxic entirely actually

Because it was already equal. Men can get breast cancer too. It's an aggressive form of cancer and one of the most common.
My issue with this would really be with the foundation that blizzard are supporting. They're well known for turning a profit and benefitting their founder more so than pooling money into research.

A better charity would have been "Cancer research."
09/05/2018 13:01Posted by Badafarusima
09/05/2018 12:51Posted by DrDangerRuss

We're talking about very different things - if that kid is screaming, i'll probably ignore it until it gets too bad, at which point i'll go over and ask them to see what's up, and see if i can help resolve the problem.

Acceptance isn't the same as praise. Standing up for yourself and your needs is part of self-respect.

The main reason i'm talking to you guys now is that i can see you're heading in a bad direction and i want to help.
i understand your reasoning, but i think we are two very different people,

i do respect myself, it is society at large that does not respect people like me, and hence if they don't want me, i'm fine with that, i will go away, but when it needs me, and it will, don't expect me to come back, an old adage comes to mind... "You made your bed, now sleep in it"

meaning... i did not break the balance in society, i'm not going to fix it for you

contrary to a lot of people... i am perfectly fine and happy orbiting society, and not being included within it... on any degree... in fact i was thinking just the other day... that in current year... it would be my absolute heaven, to be stranded on a desert island... alone... without any expectations on me to perform... other than what i would need to do to survive

but again... a lot of people don't understand this mentality... because it is inherent of a mindset of men that does not exist anymore

i am strong... i build... i create... i fix... if i don't like the world i change it, and not change for it... and if it cannot be fixed then to hell with it, and move on to the next adventure

Cool by me. You're doing no damage.
09/05/2018 13:14Posted by DrDangerRuss
09/05/2018 13:01Posted by Badafarusima
...i understand your reasoning, but i think we are two very different people,

No but you are.
09/05/2018 13:03Posted by NeRv
09/05/2018 12:59Posted by DrDangerRuss

Then it was the other SJW failure , hard to keep track of who is who, ha-ha you all sound the same.

Yeah, decent people do all sound similar :) Anyways, i thought you were done here? Dont i make you sick?
09/05/2018 13:16Posted by NeRv
09/05/2018 13:14Posted by DrDangerRuss

No but you are.

how?
09/05/2018 13:17Posted by DrDangerRuss
09/05/2018 13:16Posted by NeRv
... No but you are.

how?
You're so stupid , But hey that is why u support all that nonsense.
09/05/2018 13:19Posted by NeRv
09/05/2018 13:17Posted by DrDangerRuss
how?
You're so stupid , But hey that is why u support all that nonsense.

Again, i'm trying to have a meaningful conversation here. Conversations require questions and answers. Dont want to give answers for some reason?
09/05/2018 13:20Posted by DrDangerRuss
09/05/2018 13:19Posted by NeRv
...You're so stupid , But hey that is why u support all that nonsense.

Again, i'm trying to have a meaningful conversation here. Conversations require questions and answers. Dont want to give answers for some reason?
There is 0 chance of anyone except other failures of having a meaningful conversation with you. Want a answer? u have your head so far up your own !@# its not worth my time to even think up a decent response.
09/05/2018 13:25Posted by NeRv
09/05/2018 13:20Posted by DrDangerRuss

There is 0 chance of anyone except other failures of having a meaningful conversation with you. Want a answer? u have your head so far up your own !@# its not worth my time to even think up a decent response.

I'm gonna assume you dont have answers and you've given up and just want to try to insult me instead :)

No wonder you got banned :)
There are enough bad things going on in the world. No need to take an act of kindness/support and try to turn into yet another bad thing.

I'll agree that supporting something else that may need more help would be better I don't think there's much to argue about there but it's still better to help somebody than nobody.

If you wanted to spread awareness about prostate cancer I think you could've done so in a better way.
I suppose the silver lining here is that there's at least somebody who tried :P Men don't get a lot of attention to these things from my experience.

Hopefully they'll add a cool skin to support other good causes in the future.
Start off by bragging how you "carried" some game, like anyone cares. Instantly makes you look like an !@#$%^- + getting downvoted

Well ... considering that DrDangerRuss does seem like a decent person to have a conversation with, and you a troll, I guess that I'm quite OK to have your label of failure.
<span class="truncated">...</span> There is 0 chance of anyone except other failures of having a meaningful conversation with you. Want a answer? u have your head so far up your own !@# its not worth my time to even think up a decent response.

Well ... considering that DrDangerRuss does seem like a decent person to have a conversation with, and you a troll, I guess that I'm quite OK to have your label of failure.
I am not a troll , i am dead serious.
09/05/2018 17:05Posted by NeRv
I am not a troll , i am dead serious.
You're being insulting & rude, and spit straight in the face of people who try to have a decent conversation with you. If that's not you being a troll, but you being you, you need a serious attitude adjustment.
Some of ya'll can suck the joy out of anything
I probably shouldn't have posted my points how I did and it wasn't as well researched as I should have wanted it to be so I do apologise if it seemed insensitive and ignorant. I did hear from some credible sources that prostrate cancer kills way more dudes but apparently it does it at older ages with breast cancer being a far less forgiving illness, counting that.

It's not like I can erase the post now. It really was just seeing other guys feeling shortchanged about this and a kneejerk reaction to that. About OW's cast, it's great and I think the female characters are perfectly done. It's actually almost offputting how many of the villains in the game are black (that is, all of them but Moira) but besides that the diversity is something I welcome with open arms.

It's just that response I got at the start of the thread about privilege. It's eerie to me there's this hatred and distrust for males in our culture, I'll ignore the fact being white probably isn't a sin either. Like... I may have been a dumbass for making this thread but it feels like guys do care a lot about girls, I imagine there're a lot of males on the dev team behind this game and the decision to put this change in.

And sometimes it looks like girls wouldn't really care about what happens to us or if most of us die of something that's not exactly drowning in funding like breast cancer is. I can't deny that breast cancer is still mean, though. Tbh, it's less gender sensitive than a prostrate cancer skin would be since it can affect both of us.

I admit, I didn't really want to sign into OW and see something politically sensitive on the splash upfront. I didn't want to consider if this is a publicity stunt, if there were better cancers to donate to or if they could've just put the money to charity beneath the radar. Or if I'm an idiot for making a post when I saw a ton of guys in YT comments getting slaughtered like I did for making it. And then I have to realise, it saves lives, so I can't even disagree with the principle

I guess I was just in it to bap some heads.

It's a little late but again I am sorry about the OP and didn't mean to offend anyone, if it helps at all. Like I said there, I knew I'd regret it

edit: had to snip, lot of fat in that