SIM spikes

Technical Support
So i built a pretty high end pc, achieving high fps and all, but no matter my settings or fps cap, i keep getting sim spikes for split seconds. Lets say that i cap my fps at 200 ( 5.0 sim) , in games it will randomly jump to 11-13+ . Anyone else with the same problem? (my fps are stable so its not because of drops)
HAVING THE SAME ISSUES AHHHHHH

I've literally tried every possible thing suggested.

I have an ASUS bios/MoBo so I can't turn off HPET but that's the only thing I have yet to try...
08/05/2018 12:20Posted by PapaFranku
So i built a pretty high end pc, achieving high fps and all, but no matter my settings or fps cap, i keep getting sim spikes for split seconds. Lets say that i cap my fps at 200 ( 5.0 sim) , in games it will randomly jump to 11-13+ . Anyone else with the same problem? (my fps are stable so its not because of drops)

What CPU do you have? What RAM? Are you running the memory at the advertised speed (using an XMP profile) or just stock settings?
i5 8600k oced to 4.7ghz , gtx 1080 and 8gb ddr4 at 3000mhz, the only thing that i can possibly think is that i only have 1 stick so i cant run in dual channel yet. I used to play on a crappy laptop though with single channel ddr3 and never had this issue. Turned HPET off too but it didnt fix anything
11/05/2018 20:35Posted by PapaFranku
i5 8600k oced to 4.7ghz , gtx 1080 and 8gb ddr4 at 3000mhz, the only thing that i can possibly think is that i only have 1 stick so i cant run in dual channel yet. I used to play on a crappy laptop though with single channel ddr3 and never had this issue. Turned HPET off too but it didnt fix anything

Pretty much the same rig I have, except I have a 7600k@4.8GHz with 2x8gb ddr4@3000MHz, and I don't have any issues.

Did you make a clean install of Windows?
How many hdds do you have, and what type?
What voltage are you running the CPU at?
Is the CPU prime95-stable at that overclock?
Have you tried running the CPU at stock speed?
gonna try stock speed now, i suspect either the single channel ram or cpu vdroop, also im on a 500gb ssd (evo 850)
it's not the cpu
tried running ram in different Hz and latencies, still no luck
11/05/2018 21:21Posted by PapaFranku
gonna try stock speed now, i suspect either the single channel ram or cpu vdroop, also im on a 500gb ssd (evo 850)

I even have the same disk.

Have you tried using the task manager to set the Overwatch process to high priority?

Oh, and what keyboard and mouse brand do you have? Razer?
motospeed keyboard, logitech mouse and yea, i do the high priority every time
12/05/2018 16:23Posted by PapaFranku
motospeed keyboard, logitech mouse and yea, i do the high priority every time

Do you have Steam, Discord, or anything else that has overlays running? Disabled the gaming stuff in Windows?
Oh, one other thing; Game DVR has been known to reactivate itself. You may want to check to make sure it's disabled. If it shows as disabled, toggle it on and off, just to make sure.
Ive done all of these bro, i doubt theres anything more os related that i can do...
Hey,
If your game performance is below what you would expect from your system then please try working through the steps in our troubleshooting article Troubleshooting Overwatch Performance, including those in the Advanced Troubleshooting section.

This may also be caused by the new "Fullscreen Optimization" feature the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update. As a workaround, disabling this should help:

1. In the Blizzard App, select the Options drop down and select "Show in Explorer"
2. Right-click on the game executable(for example World of Warcraft.exe) and select Properties
3. Open the compatibility tab and check "Disable fullscreen optimizations
4. Press apply and OK.

This could also be if you're using two screens and one screen is connected via DVI the other HDMI. Try to disconnect the second display.

The fall update also re-enabled Xbox DVR, disable it.

If none of the steps help then please reply here with some information on your system such as your DxDiag and MSInfo. These files should be within the character limit for a post but if they are too large feel free to host them elsewhere online and provide a link at which we can view them (please do not provide a download link).