The loss of faith in Competitive

General Discussion
Losing a lot of faith in competitive lately.. A lot of people don't want to win, they treat it like Quickplay and go rambo style with next to no team work.

All in all, it's making competitive rather annoying and un-fun to play, no one even tries.

Maybe it's because of the new hero? I don't know but the game definitely isn't what it used to be, it's sad because it has a lot of potential. I'm just finding myself having only 1 / 2 games before I stop playing because of stress.
It's a mainstream game, this happens to every mainstream game, plus the game is decaying because of wrong development decisions.
The game in its current state has to be designed for people who are doing well in life, so in case they need a change of pace, they can just start up the game and experience loosing ... extensively.

I mean if you feel like things generally are going well for you, and miss toxic behavior, or people just telling you to blow them. If you want to experience what dis-functional team efforts feel like or just want to remind yourself of what it feels like to constantly loose than Overwatch is the game for you!!

And if you still don't feel !@#$ty enough you can always spend money on their loot-boxes where you will be awarded from a wide selection of rare sprays, player icons and voice-lines. Nothing screams success like paying 10 euro for that special Genji icon and spray you can show of to the other 5 DPS in your team while throwing your match.

"Overwatch, feeling empty inside is just a click away!"
(They should really consider making this their motto ... it fits sooo well)
The developers for this game are the worst of any Blizzard title. Players have been asking for a SEPARATE role select comp for since season 3 and they have failed to listen. The Overwatch developers simply want to cater to the casual players of a mostly competitive game. The game is loosing player because of this really unwise decision do ignore you community.
06/05/2018 13:31Posted by Wolfex
Losing a lot of faith in competitive lately.. A lot of people don't want to win, they treat it like Quickplay and go rambo style with next to no team work.

All in all, it's making competitive rather annoying and un-fun to play, no one even tries.

its been like this since day 1 , nothing has changed and leavers are still treated with kid gloves .
07/05/2018 02:45Posted by SPead
The game is loosing player because of this really unwise decision do ignore you community.

you have 1 post - this one so that makes you the most casual player ever , and the game is not losing players what a stupid statement to make .
Wolfex,
I haven't played in the gold ello yet, but have experienced all ellos Plat and above (except top 500 yet). I keep different accounts at different ellos so I can experience the different ello's and play with friends in those ellos.
With Diamond plus it's easy keeping different accounts in different ellos, because of how decay works (If the account climbs a lot, stop playing on it for a while until it decays down to the desired ello).
I don't feel this at the higher ellos.
07/05/2018 03:06Posted by Star
Wolfex,
I haven't played in the gold ello yet, but have experienced all ellos Plat and above (except top 500 yet). I keep different accounts at different ellos so I can experience the different ello's and play with friends in those ellos.
With Diamond plus it's easy keeping different accounts in different ellos, because of how decay works (If the account climbs a lot, stop playing on it for a while until it decays down to the desired ello).
I don't feel this at the higher ellos.

I think it's mainly a Gold / Silver problem. Kept getting flamed on Voice Chat as well, mainly kids screaming and a girl acting drunk. I was the only one changing class to benefit the team since no-one else did.

Just seems impossible to pass the Gold rank.
Competitive is not supposed to be fun.

You should play it to win, not to have fun.
07/05/2018 10:53Posted by Evangeline
Competitive is not supposed to be fun.

You should play it to win, not to have fun.

Disagree with that, you're basically saying any competition shouldn't be fun, of course it should, but then you should give it your all as well.
If people who played qp had a better attitude towards the game mode and actually picked a useful comp, then people wouldnt have to take their qp mentallity to comp..
07/05/2018 13:25Posted by LordCrimson
If people who played qp had a better attitude towards the game mode and actually picked a useful comp, then people wouldnt have to take their qp mentallity to comp..

That's true, but sadly wont ever happen at this rate.