Damage aside, does anyone else not find Hanzo fun anymore?

General Discussion
(Scatter shot fit the game very well, just the right amount of balance to take down tanks but not being completely overpowered versus weaker opponents.)

I really enjoyed playing him before the patch. With insane movement and silent projectiles you could really tear up teams from directions they would never expect. That bullet drop, scatter diffusing and travel delay made him just the right hero for players enjoying advanced, partly mathematical mechanics.

Now he's a crazed hitscan. Can't hide in the shadows anymore. Can't take time to wait and be rewarded for the perfect scatter shot, can't take credit for sniping Pharah or other dominant aerial targets with predicted, insanely difficult long shots.

Boring, utterly boring.
07/05/2018 06:56Posted by Gouca
be rewarded for the perfect scatter shot

By "perfect", you mean "aimed somewhere in a 3 meters perimeter from the intended target's feet" right ?

I feel new Hanzo funnier to play due to mobility and actual need to aim his new ability.
However, I do believe he's broken as hell, as his rapid shot does waaaaaay too much damage on such a short cooldown.
07/05/2018 06:56Posted by Gouca
(Scatter shot fit the game very well, just the right amount of balance to take down tanks but not being completely overpowered versus weaker opponents.)

Right amount of balance?
Excuse me while I spit my coffee over my screen.
I feel it's much more fun playing the game without a silent instakill arrow flying from another room behind the corner thank you very much.
Imho, he's much more fun than he was before, especially now that he's more mobile and I never found "scatter arrow at feet" fun, every time I killed someone with scatter arrow it didn't feel good, it felt cheap.
It seems that his storm arrow is more like a spam ability
I definitely agree about Scatter, and I'm gonna miss it a lot. Many people will probably be surprised, but Scatter is one of the few abilities that don't get me that angry when used to kill me. And it didn't really feel cheap to me, but that might be because I mostly used it against targets that wouldn't get one-shotted by it.
But I find the new Hanzo a lot of fun as well. Storm Arrows can be good tankbusters too. Not as much as Scatter, but close enough. I also always thought Hanzo was helpless in comparison to the other heroes I play, and the lunge really fixed that for me.
I !@#$ing hate it. First off I can no longer aim with him bc the speed change and second. The ability is just... sad, lazy and poor. Scatter had a lot of dynamics to it. He felt slow but calculated. Now I feel like some %^-*ing machinegun. Just activate and spam.

07/05/2018 07:17Posted by Ayunu
By "perfect", you mean "aimed somewhere in a 3 meters perimeter from the intended target's feet" right ?

Ever played hanzo? Unless you're hitting a tank from an elevated position it's nowhere near as easy as that and you know it.
07/05/2018 19:15Posted by Sieptium
Ever played hanzo? Unless you're hitting a tank from an elevated position it's nowhere near as easy as that and you know it.

I rarely played him but I one thing I could def do was reliably kill 1-2 targets by aiming this thing in the general direction of some red targets.

And I am a TERRIBLE Hanzo player.
I am of the opinion that Hanzo's Rapid shot ability should not be able to hit headshots. if they make it work like Ana, I think it will be fine. because as Stylosa and other people have pointed out in videos on youtube, it's very OP that you can for example delete a roadhog AND a mercy that heals him at the same time when they corner you. you can do that with rapid shot to the head.
Yeah i find him less enjoyable. Scatters damage should have been nerfed to 300 instead and just give him the leap and he'd have been good. I find that his rapid arrow is more OP than scatter ever was, i just spam it into death balls and get multiple headshots with no idea who ive hit!