Avoid teammates

Competitive Discussion
PLEASE ADD MORE "AVOID AS TEAMMATES" SLOTS.

2 Players per week is NOT enough. I play competitive everyday for 7 hours. I face a lot of STUPID players who don't communicate and pick random heroes.
+1

Those are annoying players.
Would be awesome if they actually added more sloth to the "avoid as teammate", because I always find people that is throwing or not communicating, I am tired of it, because I do play alot of comps...

DannieOne#2951
Cant happen, it will ruin high ranks.
08/05/2018 09:00Posted by Bustar
Cant happen, it will ruin high ranks.

It can happen and should happen all they have to do is put it on a sliding scale for example bronze through to gold gets 50, plat through to diamond 20 masters 10 grand masters 5 boom done fixed it with out even thinking.
09/05/2018 12:42Posted by Dachi
It can happen and should happen all they have to do is put it on a sliding scale for example bronze through to gold gets 50, plat through to diamond 20 masters 10 grand masters 5 boom done fixed it with out even thinking.

50 is not nearly enough. People who blame their team mates for not climbing and plays at least few hours a day (lets say 5 games a day) ends up needing more like 100 per week. The funny thing tho that even without the feature they could easily avoid the players by just waiting few minutes before queing. Or avoid 2, que up, after the next game you can already replace the first 2 in your list because you aint seeing them ever again anyways.
09/05/2018 12:54Posted by Basso
09/05/2018 12:42Posted by Dachi

50 is not nearly enough. People who blame their team mates for not climbing and plays at least few hours a day (lets say 5 games a day) ends up needing more like 100 per week. The funny thing tho that even without the feature they could easily avoid the players by just waiting few minutes before queing. Or avoid 2, que up, after the next game you can already replace the first 2 in your list because you aint seeing them ever again anyways.

All true what I gave was an example doesn't have to be 50 just a sliding scale depending on your rank to how many you can avoid and sadly your statement is true for most ranks apart from very bottom of bronze and grand masters where the player pool is so low that you have a very high chance of running into the same players again.
10/05/2018 11:09Posted by Dachi
your statement is true for most ranks apart from very bottom of bronze and grand masters where the player pool is so low that you have a very high chance of running into the same players again.

Seems like I forgot to mention that since Ive mentioned that like 50 times already in different posts :P But yeah that doesent ofc apply to those on extreme ends and playing at extreme times. I cant speak for extreme ends but I can speak for extreme times and waiting 5mins is easily enough for extreme times. You might meet the same player later tho since the pool is quite small but you wont see him for few games unless he happens to take a small break as well. And using this experience Id say for extreme ends you can easily meet same ppl many times during your play sessions if you play a lot. But then again for the extreme ends having more than 2 avoid would destroy the ques. 2 already can have huge impact on que times for the extreme ends and having lets say 5 would seem really bad thing.
11/05/2018 12:15Posted by Basso
10/05/2018 11:09Posted by Dachi
your statement is true for most ranks apart from very bottom of bronze and grand masters where the player pool is so low that you have a very high chance of running into the same players again.

Seems like I forgot to mention that since Ive mentioned that like 50 times already in different posts :P But yeah that doesent ofc apply to those on extreme ends and playing at extreme times. I cant speak for extreme ends but I can speak for extreme times and waiting 5mins is easily enough for extreme times. You might meet the same player later tho since the pool is quite small but you wont see him for few games unless he happens to take a small break as well. And using this experience Id say for extreme ends you can easily meet same ppl many times during your play sessions if you play a lot. But then again for the extreme ends having more than 2 avoid would destroy the ques. 2 already can have huge impact on que times for the extreme ends and having lets say 5 would seem really bad thing.

Fair again this is why sliding scale would be best way to do it.
11/05/2018 12:53Posted by Dachi
Fair again this is why sliding scale would be best way to do it.

But where on earth you need that? 2 is easily enough for everyone else but extreme ends and higher amounts would destroy ques for extreme ends. I mean it wouldnt really hurt to have 5 for everyone else to please people who dont know wtf their doing, but people wont be satisfied with 5 or 10 and most likely they will fill their 50 really fast if they play a lot. So Id say educating people is a better option than trying to satisfy their endless hunger.

Also do you adjust the scale depending on time? I mean 10 could be doable for the mid ranks (gold has the highest player base) when playing at peak hours. I dont know about gold for the extreme hours but Id say 10 might already have too much of an impact. Sure if people would just avoid same people it would make the ques unreal for 10 guys. But people tend to blame everyone else expect them selves when they lose, so 1) 10 is not nearly enough 2) they would make a huge mess with the matchmaker when the matchmaker has to take account thousands and thousands of avoids going wildly around making a huge net of people who cant be matched together.

Avoid players is not a real answer anyways. If people want more structured game play they need to 6 stack. Solo q is called solo q for a reason. You are put most of the time in a game 6v6 of people who are completely new to each other (well 2 stacks are quite common so there is a 2stack for each team now and then).