How do you cope with instalock / bad comps ?

Competitive Discussion
I play around gold / plat casual and 3/4 of my games i have to fill either support or tank. I don't mind to fill, i like to play everything, but "everything" is not "play tank or heal all the games because the magic trio (genji / hanzo / widow) is instalocked.
I tried to instalock myself (after 4-5 games filling, you know, hoping to - for once - play what i want) but most of the times nobody cares and still lock offense / defense before going deaf, mute and blind to any suggestion.

I really want to take responsibility and play what the team need to win, but it really feels like - at least at this level - most players just don't give a f*** and are fine with throwing the game instead of playing something else.
And god, it's exhausting...

How do you manage to play what you want... sometimes ?
Do i have to fill until higher levels? Game browser instead of normal queue ?
What if my favorite role is to flank, how do you "main" that without being selfish / instalock ?

I really wonder why we don't have a queue like in LoL (i'm sure i'm not the only one having no problem with waiting more if it means quality game), or higher mmr ratios for tank and support, or "something"...

The game is amazing, but without a proper tool to play it in decent team comps, it's just frustrating !
Thanks in advance for all advices.
Welcome to Trollwatch. It's a team game where no1 cares but themselves if you're not atleast 4-man premade.

Most player have seen GOOD genji/wm/hanzo in youtube, streams etc. and they think '' i can be like that too'', but most of them cant.

You should ask them nicely first if they could swap to counter enemy or make the team more balanced than 1-2 snipers and a flanker (Seriously, no team in comp needs a widowmaker that gets a bodyshot every 10 shots and headshots about 5 in a game or a genji who just jumps around and can't kill even a healer)
If they refuse or start griefing etc, just report them for teamplay abuse (if i remember correctly the new name for that) or abusive chat.

But yeah, i've noticed this happening too, and i must say: OW isn't fun to play anymore. I don't mind losing, but i hate to lose a game because some thickhead refuses to swap from junkrat or genji when enemy team has Pharah(even worse if Pharah has mercy) wrecking their team.
08/05/2018 06:34Posted by Drane
I play around gold / plat casual and 3/4 of my games i have to fill either support or tank. I don't mind to fill, i like to play everything, but "everything" is not "play tank or heal all the games because the magic trio (genji / hanzo / widow) is instalocked.
I tried to instalock myself (after 4-5 games filling, you know, hoping to - for once - play what i want) but most of the times nobody cares and still lock offense / defense before going deaf, mute and blind to any suggestion.

I really want to take responsibility and play what the team need to win, but it really feels like - at least at this level - most players just don't give a f*** and are fine with throwing the game instead of playing something else.
And god, it's exhausting...

How do you manage to play what you want... sometimes ?
Do i have to fill until higher levels? Game browser instead of normal queue ?
What if my favorite role is to flank, how do you "main" that without being selfish / instalock ?

I really wonder why we don't have a queue like in LoL (i'm sure i'm not the only one having no problem with waiting more if it means quality game), or higher mmr ratios for tank and support, or "something"...

The game is amazing, but without a proper tool to play it in decent team comps, it's just frustrating !
Thanks in advance for all advices.
Tbh would love to have u in my games, u seem so positive and motivated but unfortunately this game is severely broken and competitive is horrific atm with season 10 being the worst because of rien, Zarya and brig meta and instalocks on hanzo which just ruin the game. There needs to be role select/prefer this way so u can play what u want and have a good team comp at the same time. An no more quad dps with 2 supports or 1 tank 2 supports and triple dps
Just instalock hanzo/widow/torb and have fun LOOL
A tank, especially shield tank, doesn't work if the rest of the team not plays around it. So many times i tried to play rein and everyone is of on their own. And then i stand there with my shield up getting poked from range. While the rest stormed in alone and already died(on defense). On attack almost all the time all the dps is going to try to flank. So you are again alone, only shielding yourself.
And you have to face the enemy, who are staying more together, mostly alone and of course get out damage

So sometimes it is better to play without tanks then force yourself to play a tank when the tank isn't doing anything. Good main tanks are because of this very rare, it is very frustrating to play a main tank in solo queue. At least on lower ranks. That's why i hate solo queue, the game is played how it shouldn't.
We need a 6 stack only comp, with a good lfg system. Players who dont care can still play the current system with the random group creator. And players who like to play overwatch more like a team based game can find their own groups and join the new 6 stack comp.