Are you guys Really Gonna Let Brigitte Stay as Is?

General Discussion
I play in high diamond/ low masters

Let me put it this way. As a Winston main I have no problem with Bastion and reaper being hard counters to Winston. Hell, there is no scenario AT ALL were Winston can 1v1 Bastion and I am completely fine with that. I didn't say anything when reaper got buffed. Not one peep out of me. But this is just some dumb Shi* right here.

Similar to Bastion it is impossible for Winston to kill Brigitte . It just can't be done. Her aoh makes fighting her or anyone around her so damn hard. Not to mention fighting people with armor.

Is this really what Blizz wants? One character who counters 4 out of the 6 other tanks and Dive Characters. This is their solution to dive? Put it all on one low risk, high reward character's shoulders? What exactly is Winston's role here. At least Tracer can fight and win against Brigitte.

I'll leave you with a video of Dva vs Brigette. (not my video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocdFRpP1lI
Well first of all they are nerfing her.
Second gold dva unable to track her and not using micro missiles is just... That Dva could have killed her easily if she had any aim and used micro missiles. You use micro missiles to break her armor as dvas guns are sh*t vs armor and then you just finish her. But hey lets not use my skills at all, play like trash and yell for OP.
She was never op in the first place. Now shes getting nerfed into the !@#$ing ground because this stupid community thinks "Anything that counters my main MUST BE OVER POWERED! BLIZZARD PLZ NERF RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!11!1!1!!1!one"And I know for a fact I'm getting downvoted because when it comes to liking the new hero you get 70 retards who just read the words "I think [New Hero] is fine" and start mashing that dislike button. Please just, for once: Actually read my argument before disliking this.

So hear me out: (Unless it's physically impossible for you to comprehend that other people have different opinions, downvote button is down there V V V)

In all of my Experience playing Brig I'm yet to even consider that she is too powerful. She needs to get uncomfortably close to the enemy in order to give the inspire heals and in order to actually survive for more than a millisecond she needs to avoid being the center of attention, which is very hard to do when you need to get so close to the enemy basically screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!" as you stun them and continue wailing on them. Because she has melee damage she is extremely vulnerable to any long range attacks. I'm putting this message in the middle of my comment to congratulate you on reading this instead of downvoting the second you hear "brig good", thank you. The only thing that makes her a problem is ignoring her until her inspire is strong enough to heal her up faster than you deal damage. Which rarely happens and is your own fault for not focusing her. Brig is stupid because it rewards you for diving in solo but the reward isn't good enough to keep her alive longer than 2 seconds so she needs to push and stay with the team otherwise she's screwed. If you haven't played Brig for at least 3 hours, you can't be complaining because you haven't experienced the difficulty of trying to not accidentally dive in alone because it's a bad habit that all close-range heroes have.

Advice to Genji and Tracer Mains:
And if you main a flanker, Here's some good advice against brig: KEEP YOUR DISTANCE. Not just 3 yards away, just avoid her altogether. Shes your counter, as in: SHE WILL DESTROY YOU IN A 1v1. It's like playing Moria against D.va, AVOID HER. Don't charge in, die and then blame D.va for being too powerful.

All in all, this comment won't change anything: new heroes will still be deemed over powered, Overwatch community will stay toxic, and actual issues won't be fixed.

but it was worth a shot.
11/05/2018 19:12Posted by God
And if you main a flanker, Here's some good advice against brig: KEEP YOUR DISTANCE. Not just 3 yards away, just avoid her altogether. Shes your counter, as in: SHE WILL DESTROY YOU IN A 1v1. It's like playing Moria against D.va, AVOID HER. Don't charge in, die and then blame D.va for being too powerful.
You do know that Tracer's damage needs to be close in order to do damage, right?
11/05/2018 19:17Posted by Tahamine
You do know that Tracer's damage needs to be close in order to do damage, right?

Pretty sure Tracer's fall off dmg is greater then Brig's range
You know, there are more characters than just tracer, and that little thing called "cooldown" on all abilities? And neither you, not enemy can use skills while it is on cooldown? Like, Brig bashes, you blink in, fire whole clip into her and either she has to run away or die because you have team?
Haha all those Brigitte fanboys crying.
Fact is she is OP as F*** as is. Let me sum it up

- Outtanks most tanks
- Outdamages most dps in close formation (just swing away, no aim or skills needed)
- Has a shield that can stun anyone so she has an advantage in ANY 1 on 1 fight.

Not OP? GTFO!

The game is broken. I suggest Brigitte is removed alltogether. Overwatch was a more balanced game without her.
I play in high diamond/ low masters
Let me put it this way. As a Winston main I have no problem with Bastion and reaper being hard counters to Winston. Hell, there is no scenario AT ALL were Winston can 1v1 Bastion and I am completely fine with that. I didn't say anything when reaper got buffed. Not one peep out of me. But this is just some dumb Shi* right here.

Hmm...gee...maybe because no one plays Bastion, and Reaper is only slightly more present than Bastion.

Hell, in WoW even though I play a hunter, I have no issues with warlocks countering my hunter. Mostly because warlocks are punching bags for melee, so they don't even queue up for bgs, but I'm totally ok with being countered by warlocks...once every 5 bgs by a masochistic warlock who braves the melee train.
My guess is this:

Blizz wanted a hero that is so easy to play the lootbox mongering unkilled plebs will stay in the game and buy more lootboxes.

Did you notice how each new hero requires LESS talent to master? The last two need no aim whatsoever. That's all there is to it folks. Brigitte is keeping the game nub-friendly as Blizz care about revenue not quality.
She was never op in the first place. Now shes getting nerfed into the !@#$ing ground because this stupid community thinks "Anything that counters my main MUST BE OVER POWERED! BLIZZARD PLZ NERF RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!11!1!1!!1!one"And I know for a fact I'm getting downvoted because when it comes to liking the new hero you get 70 retards who just read the words "I think [New Hero] is fine" and start mashing that dislike button. Please just, for once: Actually read my argument before disliking this.

So hear me out: (Unless it's physically impossible for you to comprehend that other people have different opinions, downvote button is down there V V V)

In all of my Experience playing Brig I'm yet to even consider that she is too powerful. She needs to get uncomfortably close to the enemy in order to give the inspire heals and in order to actually survive for more than a millisecond she needs to avoid being the center of attention, which is very hard to do when you need to get so close to the enemy basically screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!" as you stun them and continue wailing on them. Because she has melee damage she is extremely vulnerable to any long range attacks. I'm putting this message in the middle of my comment to congratulate you on reading this instead of downvoting the second you hear "brig good", thank you. The only thing that makes her a problem is ignoring her until her inspire is strong enough to heal her up faster than you deal damage. Which rarely happens and is your own fault for not focusing her. Brig is stupid because it rewards you for diving in solo but the reward isn't good enough to keep her alive longer than 2 seconds so she needs to push and stay with the team otherwise she's screwed. If you haven't played Brig for at least 3 hours, you can't be complaining because you haven't experienced the difficulty of trying to not accidentally dive in alone because it's a bad habit that all close-range heroes have.

Advice to Genji and Tracer Mains:

All in all, this comment won't change anything: new heroes will still be deemed over powered, Overwatch community will stay toxic, and actual issues won't be fixed.

but it was worth a shot.

Yeah guys just click on her head, and 'avoid' her, if she is on the payload don't go on it just stay at long distance and hope that the person playing her DCs.

Its a good thing the long range heroes are just as easy to play as Brigitte as well to make it a fair match up......
1dva vs 1 briggite...

she's so OP!!!! -_- what logic!

d-va wrecks briggite! if you're going to facetank her offcourse you lose!!!!

and winston shouldn't 1v1 her either! your whole post stinks of 1trick!

you idiots act like she has 0 counters
11/05/2018 17:46Posted by Basso
Well first of all they are nerfing her.
Second gold dva unable to track her and not using micro missiles is just... That Dva could have killed her easily if she had any aim and used micro missiles. You use micro missiles to break her armor as dvas guns are sh*t vs armor and then you just finish her. But hey lets not use my skills at all, play like trash and yell for OP.

yhea he cant use micro misilles becaus brigitta can stun and block that with her shield its imposible for any characters to even go near her becaus of that stun especialy tanks,
the only tank i have seen thats slightly usfull againts brigitta is zarya, and even then its imposible in group fights to focus her down and kill her.
Hopefully not because she's a nightmare for rein.
11/05/2018 21:07Posted by Wolfex

Not in a 1v1 and you have to engage her properly in a proper setting. You can't just keep walking forward, you deal with her with ur team.
Give the self healing a cooldown period and it will be a lot better.
The problem when fighting her right now is she is near immortal as long as she keeps damaging.

Of course there are counters but I don't want to be a pharah in every damn game.
This is like the release of every new hero all over again :')

In the end, like most heroes, almost nothing about Gitte will change and when the meta adapts to Gitte most of the keyboard warriors currently getting high blood pressure will be the same ones laughing or reporting whenever they see someone pick a Gitte :P

Fun fact; The heroes that met the most resistance ever were every new hero, from Ana to Sombra to Doomfist to Gitte, yet the only heroes that received considerable changes were original heroes like Mercy, Hanzo and Symmetra ;)

Suck it up, buttercup, cuz' all evidence and prior history points towards Brigitte staying as it is ;)
This sucks but jeff said that overwatch wount patch alot during esport since esport is playing on a few patches behinde and it makes the game to difrent.

Nom the less ill be happy if brigg gets the hardest nerf known to overwatch but one can only hope. Untill then just troll in qp or dont play this are the best options by far if you dont like brigg or the new overwatch heros that seem to do everything and get value out there !@# for no skill.
11/05/2018 17:42Posted by KazzAzz
I'll leave you with a video of Dva vs Brigette. (not my video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocdFRpP1lI
dva has 11 pellets at 2 damage per pellet. she shoots 6.67 times per second, giving her a hypothetical dps dps of 147 dps.

- firstly you're close combatting as stationary attacker vs a jumping enemy. You can see dva missing half her shots, while not moving at all. Dva DPS? 73.
- secondly, you're shooting a hero who's armored. with a pellet weapon. Dva DPS? 36.
- thirdly, d.va starts that encounter at 2/3 of her hp (which means most of her armor, not that it matters here), while Briggite gets a health pack.

... we're not even at a
- "oh, Briggite got healing" and
- "Oh, she's got a shield " (which as you can see she doesn't even need to use) and
- "Oh, she can stun"

and ALREADY I'm of the oppinion that Dva SHOULD lose that fight. By what sane metric should Dva try to DPS armored characters!? She's not a DPS, she's a tank. Defense matrix is one of the most powerful eaters out there
... but yee whizz, Dva can't solo dps a Briggitte, so the problem must be Briggitte.

But sure ...
"Haha all those Brigitte fanboys crying."

crying? becasue that clip is a PRIME example of why these threads are so stupid.
(1) During that encounter, Brigitte ONLY heals herself 16 hps - as much as though there was Lucio nearby. Mind you, not an amped up one. Just a Lucio.
(2) Briggitte has a very low dps. Her 70 hps (no headshot) is like half of what soldier can put out in the same senario (edit: and before ppl cry 'soldier is dps & brigitte isn't. you can note how other characters - like Dva, as calc'd above - also have more then 70dps) . Sure she can hit easier 'cause how her mace works, but when you're a huge stationary target, EVERYONE hits easier. Any decent soldier wouldn't miss more then half his shots (and maybe even land a few headshots as well).

But screw that ! we got a clip of Briggitte killing someone, so she's OP.
11/05/2018 21:07Posted by Wolfex

Can we stop this? Rein is as of now the best tank by far, buffing him will only further break the game and make it more unplayable than it already is.
11/05/2018 19:24Posted by GetHacked
...You do know that Tracer's damage needs to be close in order to do damage, right?
You know, there are more characters than just tracer, and that little thing called "cooldown" on all abilities? And neither you, not enemy can use skills while it is on cooldown? Like, Brig bashes, you blink in, fire whole clip into her and either she has to run away or die because you have team?

... are you INSANE? Shoot at something OTHER then the character created to counter me? That's like insane top-500 ranks **** ! You can't expect that of me!?

... or at least that what I imagine the 6 downvoters were thinking, as they apparently couldn't come up with any decent response