SKILL IS NOT REWARDED IN OVERWATCH ANYMORE

General Discussion
the highest impact characters are the ones that require less skill
eg junk moira and bridgitte
right now junk is very strong in this meta but mcree an objectively harder character is in a worse spot
all the best character and brain dead heroes all the past metas even triple tank the best characters were the hardest heroes why should I play a hard hero if the easy ones get better results
for two reasons

1) personal enjoyment
2) look at the first.

The game was never meant to be an hardcore fps, where aiming skill > all.

Casual hero shooter. Thats all.
13/05/2018 02:23Posted by NineToes
for two reasons

1) personal enjoyment
2) look at the first.

I have to disagree.
Blizzard has made this game literally purely for high level competitive play.
They've been pushing this game in esports since launch and they are ignoring pretty much everything else.
Its strange how a game which aspires to be an e-sports keeps getting simpler and simpler.
13/05/2018 07:08Posted by DeathSaid
for two reasons

1) personal enjoyment
2) look at the first.

I have to disagree.
Blizzard has made this game literally purely for high level competitive play.
They've been pushing this game in esports since launch and they are ignoring pretty much everything else.

OW is an esports, just because blizzard pays the notorius associations, that deal with tourneys and general e-sports.

Today, but i would say in the last 3-5 years, every damn game, even if broken AF ( for honor for example), is considered esport. Even b series, f2p games, like zula, are considered esports. So, excuse me, but im firmly convinced on what i've said previously, this game, is a casual hero shooter. And that would explain its success.

Real competitive games, like for example, tekken, has a small community due its nature of beeing a complex game, that casual gamers would avoid.
for two reasons

1) personal enjoyment
2) look at the first.

Man this is a esport game you cant get more "hardcore" then that and since it only cares about esport hitscan heros (skilled once) will aways aways be weaker thanks to the aim some koreans and asians have. You just have to deal with that fact or dont play, skillless and easy to master heros like junkrat moira brigitte hanzo orisa rine will aways be dumb strong thanks to esport.

Just know if its hitscan blizzard uses a hack then starts to balance it as if youll never miss a shoot. And when its a skillshot or auto aim/attck hero its balanced as if its playing vs hitscan heros that are using hack and never miss a hit whail your missing some "skillshoots" cause "skillshots" are "harder to hit" feels like the balancing team of a moba game looking at hit scan like adc's that have auto aim.
13/05/2018 12:38Posted by Wickedlike
for two reasons

1) personal enjoyment
2) look at the first.

Man this is a esport game you cant get more "hardcore" then that and since it inly cares about esport hitscan heros (skilled once) will aways aways be weaker thanks to the aim some koreans and asians have.

If this game was hardcore, it would have a limited community,

Sorry, but you can't be an hardcore esport, and at the same time have 30 mil ppl.
But the game isnt balanced around the 30 mil players just the 1k that do esport and are top 500...

I personaly love widow and i know that theres no chance in hell shell ever be buffed thanks to what a handfull of players can do with her...
13/05/2018 12:49Posted by Wickedlike
But the game isnt balanced around the 30 mil players just the 1k that do esport and are top 500...

Hard to believe, if we consider, pharamercy, junkrat, and mccree.

Where for example, mccree that objectively requires more skill, than all these 3 combined, even at maximum levels, still get outperformed, in pretty much all circumstances.

Besides, how can they balance a game around1k/top 500 ? How is even possible ?
You have pharamercy problems get a top 500 widow easy... but when you cant play or have someone that can play at that level you will suffer like me in the hands of no skill.
Yeah, sorry, but there are at least a couple of characters in this game, that when played by a skilled player, they totally ruin the experience of 6 other people, and this is a game that is supposed to be enjoyed by all, not just by the players who main those 2 heroes. You know which heroes I'm talking about.

So yeah, you're skilled, I won't deny it. However you being skilled, is actually turning other people off the game.
13/05/2018 13:04Posted by Syrona
Yeah, sorry, but there are at least a couple of characters in this game, that when played by a skilled player, they totally ruin the experience of 6 other people, and this is a game that is supposed to be enjoyed by all, not just by the players who main those 2 heroes. You know which heroes I'm talking about.

So yeah, you're skilled, I won't deny it. However you being skilled, is actually turning other people off the game.

So blizzard has to flip the tabble and make the game non enjoyable for skilled players by adding bull!@#$ mechanics, lemme tell you its more hardbreaking when you try and lose then to sleep/play brigitte moira rine pharah junkrats bearly useing half a cromoson killing everyone who trys to get good.
13/05/2018 13:04Posted by Syrona

The problem with these two chars, is that their kit, unlocks, unlimited options, that can be mastered, and can be exploited in many, many many ways.

others character cannot, and a decent player or a top 500, woudn't change that much.
Yes, because in a game where "Press a button and things will die every 4-12 seconds" is completely skill based.
13/05/2018 13:09Posted by Wickedlike
So blizzard has to flip the tabble and make the game non enjoyable for skilled players by adding bull!@#$ mechanics

Why has every game to be about "skill" when the game library other then blizzards has more then enough based on "skill". And what in worlds name do you have to proof u can play a "skilled" hero ? Too show off at your boss/teacher ? parents ?

Blizzard games these days are known to be casual friendly so I'm not sure why people are surprised.
13/05/2018 19:18Posted by SuperSonico
13/05/2018 13:09Posted by Wickedlike
So blizzard has to flip the tabble and make the game non enjoyable for skilled players by adding bull!@#$ mechanics

Why has every game to be about "skill" when the game library other then blizzards has more then enough based on "skill". And what in worlds name do you have to proof u can play a "skilled" hero ? Too show at your boss/teacher ? parents ?

Blizzard games these days are known to be casual friendly so I'm not sure why people are surprised.

Precisely, what i was telling.

Hardcore games, usually have a very limited playerbase ( tekken 7, sf5), due to the fact that they are complex game, casual gamer usually don't want that, want ez modes, and immediacy
13/05/2018 20:09Posted by NineToes
sf5

even SF5 have different tiers due to frame advantage or start up frames that are faster than others and such. in SF4 the highest tier was characters with an invincible uppercut and even then you had different match ups that wasn't even.

the closest game you could get to balanced is mirror matches.
and those are "boring" for some reason.
13/05/2018 20:29Posted by Renegade
13/05/2018 20:09Posted by NineToes
sf5

even SF5 have different tiers due to frame advantage or start up frames that are faster than others and such. in SF4 the highest tier was characters with an invincible uppercut and even then you had different match ups that wasn't even.

the closest game you could get to balanced is mirror matches.
and those are "boring" for some reason.

i was not talking about balancing games or not, but hardcore ones.

OW is totally not hardcore, or its community would be very limited. Which is not.
13/05/2018 20:31Posted by NineToes
i was not talking about balancing games or not, but hardcore ones.

OW is totally not hardcore, or its community would be very limited. Which is not.

i agree, it's not really "hardcore game" but there is some what hardcore players and fans. and that means they despise anything that is not hardcore in the game.

therefore they are going to go nuts when ever a skill character is nerfed and more casual hero is buffed.

however they don't realise that this game wasn't ment to be competitive to begin with, but it was more of a side venture that blizz decided to go with it after the fact.
and it succeeded due to it's high appeal because of it's big casual playerbase.

buuuut people will hate me for saying that, but it's true.