SKILL IS NOT REWARDED IN OVERWATCH ANYMORE

General Discussion
14/05/2018 15:19Posted by Gratiskatze
Remove Doomfist and Junrkat from the game

I think Junk only needs nerf to his ult charge rate. Was playing Hollywood few days ago and we had a Junk on our team on def. Literally within the first 10 seconds he had ult charge on 50%. Considering that you can get 1-3 kills quite easily with that ult it just charges way too fast IMO.
13/05/2018 13:09Posted by Wickedlike
bearly useing half a cromoson

How do you 'use' a chromosome?
14/05/2018 16:43Posted by Ridley
How do you 'use' a chromosome?

Ask Moira, she may know. Or Mercy I guess.
14/05/2018 05:01Posted by Grimace
13/05/2018 23:33Posted by NineToes

if tekken is casual, im jeff kaplan[i][/i]

It's very easy to enjoy Tekken casually even if you won't know anything about it. If you teach a new player how to bootleg dash cancel and how to crouch cancel for launchers when they block a hellsweep they generally know everything they need to improve over the long term. I should know, I've taught a lot of people how to play Tekken. You don't need to know every move with frame advantage and the difference between a 14frame move and a 15 one. How many Kazuyas will punish with a PEWGF anyway? (And not mess it up)

Tekken is still the no. 1 best selling fighter. It just is better all around. SF is only more popular in the competitive scene but as a game Tekken is more rewarding to both scrubs and competitive players, just for being fun and having so many things to study and learn.

Well, yes is enjoyable even by casuals, but not online. Vs bot yes, pvp, nope
Most classes are herp derps now.

Dva survivability and DPS output

Zarya shield spam

Brigettes survivability + damage output.

Junkrats grenade spam

Pharahs lolrocket fly spam.

Doomfists CC + damage

They've made the game worse by more CC, first Doomfist and now Brigette.
It is true that adding more CC will probably prove to be the death of this game, as it would to any other.
Who says the ability to point and click at someone's head is the only skill you need?

What about game sense, positioning, team composition and team work?
14/05/2018 20:14Posted by DrDangerRuss
Who says the ability to point and click at someone's head is the only skill you need?

I know right! I am coaching a guy who plays a lot of Soldier. He has very good aim but he was stuck in silver. With some practice on applying logic and right positioning to the situation he reached gold. I am proud of him.

The real point is, every hero needs a different set of skills. That may include little tricks like buttjumping with Winston, learning where to put your turret as Torbjörn, where to stand in the middle of a fight with Mercy to aim, ult economy, engaging and disengaging, etc. Skill is not defined definitivly, but should be individually applied to each hero and said hero's own need.
14/05/2018 20:14Posted by DrDangerRuss

I already said it 100 times. Every hero needs that. Some more and adding to this they also need aim.
Brigitte is the easiest hero to play in pretty much every aspect.
14/05/2018 20:49Posted by Toupher
I already said it 100 times. Every hero needs that. Some more and adding to this they also need aim.

I think the problem with Brigitte is an oversimplified kit. No need to reload, heal on basic attacks, no need to stop attacking just press on button to heal, hit multiple targets, aim not. Want a stun? One that can barely miss, has a long effect time, and short CD? You can have it.
14/05/2018 21:03Posted by BartFitz
14/05/2018 20:49Posted by Toupher

I think the problem with Brigitte is an oversimplified kit. No need to reload, heal on basic attacks, no need to stop attacking just press on button to heal, hit multiple targets, aim not. Want a stun? One that can barely miss, has a long effect time, and short CD? You can have it.

All she needs now is flying.
14/05/2018 21:04Posted by Toupher
All she needs now is flying.

That is a missing part of her kit, she needs to contest Pharah harder, while simultaniously making Junkrat a pseudo-counter to her.
Blizzard messed up by implementing Bridgetta. She has no designated role. She is a support, tank, healer, shielder, stunner, defensive hero, and map control hero. She has to be nerfed and only have up to 3 roles (maximum).

The introduction of Bridgetta makes all the most important heroes completely futile. Blizzard needs to put Bridgetta back into the PTR server and needs to rescale her value to Overwatch. There is a difference when you have a hero buff and nerf, it's an entirely different story when you have a hero that disrupts the balance of the game.

Now, it seems like if your team doesn't choose Bridgetta, your team loses. It makes it seem like Bridgetta is a mandatory hero to have in your team. It's not like "Lets play Lucio instead of Mercy this map"

It's more like:

"We need a Bridgetta every game, because she can give shields like Torb, shield like Rein, Stun like McCree, repel like a ulti-ed Winston armswing, Shield like Shield Generator, Mass Heal like Lucio's Range, Mass heal instantaneously like Zen."

Blizzard Messed up big time with Bridgetta, in my opinion.
14/05/2018 18:51Posted by NineToes
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It's very easy to enjoy Tekken casually even if you won't know anything about it. If you teach a new player how to bootleg dash cancel and how to crouch cancel for launchers when they block a hellsweep they generally know everything they need to improve over the long term. I should know, I've taught a lot of people how to play Tekken. You don't need to know every move with frame advantage and the difference between a 14frame move and a 15 one. How many Kazuyas will punish with a PEWGF anyway? (And not mess it up)

Tekken is still the no. 1 best selling fighter. It just is better all around. SF is only more popular in the competitive scene but as a game Tekken is more rewarding to both scrubs and competitive players, just for being fun and having so many things to study and learn.

Well, yes is enjoyable even by casuals, but not online. Vs bot yes, pvp, nope

My friends have enjoyed playing me. You just have to go... Very easy on them I guess. Sometimes they stay and learn. I will say Tekken's guessing game makes it feel way more welcoming to me to play than SF. In SF you can crouch and basically nullify most of someone's moveset if they don't throw or jump at you, whereas in Tekken there's a constant 50/50 game at work. It means if you pick Eddy and mash you can probably do a bit of damage.

Tekken is still really fun to play. OW is great but this meta is making it more boring to me than ever before and I wish more heroes took the precision that Genji, Widow and Tracer did.