Am I a one-trick?

General Discussion
I want your opinion on this

Granted, I have 200+ hours on Reinhardt, and the next one is Zarya with ~45 hours. It might seem like I'm a Reinhardt one-trick, but I can play other heroes, like Roadhog, Orisa and Zarya on platinum level.

So am I a tank-main or a Reinhardt one-trick?

PS: To any main-tank player out there who plays on diamond level: How did you get there? Any tips for my tank-play?
hmmm I would also like to know the answer to this.
"One trick" is often used as an insult but I think you should play what you're good at and what you enjoy the most. Check out my stats and call me a "one trick". I don't care, because 99% of the time the team could use a good Mercy and I fill that role. On the 1% I can switch to Lucio or Junkrat, so I am actually able to flex, it's just that I very rarely have to. That makes me a one trick, but who am I hurting? No one.

This doesn't apply to all heroes of course and if you're a "one trick" Sym or Torb or even one of the DPSers, then I can see that being more annoying for the team because the first two are very situational heroes and frankly, the game is swamped with DPS players so it's those who have to be more flexible. I think a Rein player like yourself is in the same camp as a Mercy "one trick", in that it's pretty much always going to be useful to the team. There aren't really many situations where a Rein wouldn't be a welcome addition to the team, so I think you're fine.

In short, some heroes are bloody well designed and can work in almost any situation. Mercy and Rein are prime examples of this and players of those heroes can get away with being "one tricks".
QP doesn't matter. Competitive is the only important thing and you have too little time on it to count.
Well, I think you can define "one-trick" as someone who only plays one specific character like Tracer, Genji, and Mercy and can't or doesn't want to play other characters even if getting countered or the team needs another role like tanks.

If you're good at multiple characters and willing to switch if needed then no, you're not a one trick. But in your case I suggest you learn other roles like healers or dps, you will probably need that just in case.
Also I'm a mid Diamond tank main and I think I could help you with some tips, I guess ..

First, if you're playing as a main tank like Reinhardt you must acknowledge that you're the leader of the team. Your team will most likely follow you and will utilize the space you create for them. It's not easy and it requires a lot of game sense and team management (like what Ultimates are you going to use, choosing the right time to engage the enemy or disengage). Granted you find people that won't listen to you or argue with you about the decisions you make, but if at least one person is following your lead you should consider yourself as a successful leader. You might make some bad decisions from time to time, but the more you play as a main tank you will have better decision making and even better game sense.

I also like to play support as my secondary role, and I tend to always follow the tanks and what they say because it's their job after all. And if our tank is screaming about our DPS not doing anything, our complaining about not getting no heals I know something is wrong and I try to help them fix these issues either by switching to a healer or even switching to a 3rd dps sometimes. And it usually work out ..
I am a "one-trick" with 800+ hours on Lucio, but I play other heroes too..
I don’t know how any one can just play one hero every single game?

That’s so boring I would go nuts
11/05/2018 15:25Posted by Goldenhardt
Also I'm a mid Diamond tank main and I think I could help you with some tips, I guess ..

First, if you're playing as a main tank like Reinhardt you must acknowledge that you're the leader of the team. Your team will most likely follow you and will utilize the space you create for them. It's not easy and it requires a lot of game sense and team management (like what Ultimates are you going to use, choosing the right time to engage the enemy or disengage). Granted you find people that won't listen to you or argue with you about the decisions you make, but if at least one person is following your lead you should consider yourself as a successful leader. You might make some bad decisions from time to time, but the more you play as a main tank you will have better decision making and even better game sense.

I also like to play support as my secondary role, and I tend to always follow the tanks and what they say because it's their job after all. And if our tank is screaming about our DPS not doing anything, our complaining about not getting no heals I know something is wrong and I try to help them fix these issues either by switching to a healer or even switching to a 3rd dps sometimes. And it usually work out ..

Thank you!

I'll try to do as you said. Your feedback is valuable to me.
11/05/2018 16:58Posted by CptHippiehTF
Thank you!

I'll try to do as you said. Your feedback is valuable to me.

My pleasure mate ;)
what happend if you already have 2 tank on your party?
i main D-va in the tank department... i have the most hours on zenyatta (but a better moira...)

people playing spamzo when he's clearly useless... and you can't play (read "to dumb to learn anything else") anything but spamzo... that's one trick...

if you're a good reinhart and switch when he's not working in your comp... you're a rein main with decent scense :)
I wouldn't say so. I'm a flex player so I always enter the game and say "Hi! I like to flex so pick whatever you want. I'd be happy to play healer/tank but keep in mind I don't do one without the other"

I pretty much play tanks 70% of my games, 20% support, and once in a blue moon I get to dps!

Think the term one-trick prob became a thing since 2 many ppl playing dps (who are needed) but not filling vitals rolls like healing/tanking.

Also, if u know how to play other chars and are willing to switch. You ain't a one trick.