mb i was salty

Competitive Discussion
Ive heard it discussed before that the matchmaker has a predetermined bias for one team to win, effectively "stacking" that team with players on win streaks. I never really believed it, but recently i think comp has become unbearable. After winning two or three games in a row, ill get matched into a team of 5dps mains who all instalock, or a team of all low diamonds vs the other teams with high master and gm. I used to be able to just grind games and eventually id gain SR but for over a week ive been stuck at the same SR on a cycle of climbing 50 SR and losing 50SR. I know people might think its me getting tilted or not playing my best after so many games, but i know when im tilted or not playing well and stop, it feels like no matter how long i wait between games ill always be matched onto a team which is bound to lose.
PvP ladders aint ment that you climb endlessly.
09/05/2018 11:16Posted by Basso
PvP ladders aint ment that you climb endlessly.

But a competitive ladder should make it so the teams are fair and atleast try to match supports/tanks/dps not just 6 dps for one 5 supports for the other no other ranked pvp ladder that has the money blizzard do is like this.

With the addition to brigitte also making it even harder to carry games because it makes the backline so much stronger you have to play as a team now more then ever individual skill can now be counter by someone who is a worse player than you.

Because the support and tank players were too lazy to learn to play with each other you know support each other or tank damage it is now the dps who have to play together to get the kills this slows the game pace down alot and team composition now matters more than ever.
09/05/2018 05:48Posted by IcedDonut
Ive heard it discussed before that the matchmaker has a predetermined bias for one team to win, effectively "stacking" that team with players on win streaks. I never really believed it, but recently i think comp has become unbearable. After winning two or three games in a row, ill get matched into a team of 5dps mains who all instalock, or a team of all low diamonds vs the other teams with high master and gm. I used to be able to just grind games and eventually id gain SR but for over a week ive been stuck at the same SR on a cycle of climbing 50 SR and losing 50SR. I know people might think its me getting tilted or not playing my best after so many games, but i know when im tilted or not playing well and stop, it feels like no matter how long i wait between games ill always be matched onto a team which is bound to lose.

So what you are saying is that your MMR is stable, and get fair matches, basically. That means you need to improve in order to climb, and if you're in diamond or masters, you most likely need to start spending time on actively training, rather than play match after match.