Show Widow some love Blizz

General Discussion
Seeing as Hanzo has an added ability of dodge to get him into and out of trouble it would be nice if Widow got an extra grappling hook use the same way Junkrat has 2 mines.

Would anyone consider this too much?
She is already op when you can play her good, she don't need any buffs
13/05/2018 07:03Posted by Iw4ntT0die

No way is she op even if you can play her good which takes a lot of skill if you can play her good any way....

Hanzo is better then widow at this current time due to him being able to snipe at tame and fire off loads of shots really fast....

It’s like widow being able for fire off 6 shots really fast
13/05/2018 11:19Posted by NxFrAnCioS
13/05/2018 07:03Posted by Iw4ntT0die

No way is she op even if you can play her good which takes a lot of skill if you can play her good any way....

Hanzo is better then widow at this current time due to him being able to snipe at tame and fire off loads of shots really fast....

It’s like widow being able for fire off 6 shots really fast

Hanzo is better right now because he is op, I hope he is next after Brigitte
Just need to change it so all those arrows he can fire really fast can’t crit
^ I agree with the change to crit with Hanzo but is a 2nd grapple really too much for people to bear? if not that then how about a dodge move the same as Hanzo got? it's all about survivability in the end and when it comes to that Widows an easy target once her hook is on cooldown, hence asking for a second one.

Junkrat was just as deadly with 1 throwable mine but even he ended up getting a second one...just saying.
Yall crazy widow needs love they are 30mil players and only like 100 are really problematic if you morons get camped for not using shields and are runing 5 dps thats your own falth widow in 2018 is easy to counter no one can be so good at widow as to stop and get true all the shield and armoring thats going on atm, its sad when you go to a widow only stream and see them swap to hanzos cause its by far the better option atm this is not 2016 widowmaker players have adapted to well to widows presance in the game, her biggest cointer is a no brainer 100% or the time skillless monkey ontop of tracer and genji beeing the best dps this game has atm...

The moment you miss one shot as widow 6 players instantly know where you are thats to hurting atm. Just remove the red lazer that shows her spot its bad enoff that everyone in this game glows red and has a nametag must she away point a lazer pointer everytime she fires?

Her mine is utterly useless if your dumb enoff to not see a huge red glowing xmass decoration ranomly sticking out then the widowplayer herself isnt good enoff to take advantage and the dmg it deals for how easy it is disarm is a joke.

Her hook sometimes thanks to how momentum works in this game fails to do its job or flatout hooks a closer edge even touth its on 100% sensativity..

Just remember that its a sniper in a game with tracer that has 3 dashes and a o!@#$ button and a genji that can dash on you and reflect good thing that they arnt the best dps in the game ohh whait they are.. Ofc you can ask for more damage aswell but herey herey players will cry about the 100 players that play like thay have an aimhack and never ever miss a hookshot even thou they themselfs will never play vs a widow at that level once who doesnt lose to just an orisa shield..

Sniping in this game is hard as %^-* when everything is moving so rapedly and randomly on top of alot of bugs that lets your headshots non registr thanks to desincing bugs its fine atlest they fixed doomfist wallslide bug... and ignored this bug from lunch mightaswell adress how the build in game deley !@#$s everyone who peak shoots constantly killing widows behinde cover witg 25 ping.

On top of that widow needs a good pc setup to be playd right from setting to dpi to mouses to pads to 144h 4k monitor just so you can see and aim better. And at the end of the day wodows just get a mager middle finger from the devs and communety.

I really wanna see an ability that lets one of your bullets fire true a shield once and has bonus damage on a moderate cd insted of this useless mine.

Hanzo had 4 difrent arrows at this point cant widow fire one buller that pearses true shieds without damaging the shield but the players behinde it or in zyra bubble on like 10 15 sec cd, even if they do add this widow still has to aim and hit her opponen unlike 85% of the heros and abilitys in the game.
13/05/2018 13:04Posted by DizzY
^ I agree with the change to crit with Hanzo but is a 2nd grapple really too much for people to bear? if not that then how about a dodge move the same as Hanzo got? it's all about survivability in the end and when it comes to that Widows an easy target once her hook is on cooldown, hence asking for a second one.

Junkrat was just as deadly with 1 throwable mine but even he ended up getting a second one...just saying.

Junkrat was a troll pick before, and then he was op, what you think would happen if they would do that to widow, and she is viable already
At this point everyone got buffed but widow and mcree all thanks to espot.................. nothing els thats why junk got buffed aswell just for esports sake...
I think Widows spider mine should do massive damage against armor, like it splashes the opponent with acid. This would fit the theme nicely and also provide her with an extra advantage against her hardest counter in Winston. The character has trouble against the high levels of armor we've seen lately with Briggite, and giving her an ability to counter that to some degree would be good.

I also think she's the best candidate to have an ability specifically against armor since armor tends to specifically counters the rest of her kit. Normally in design you don't want to give a hero something that's only effective against certain other heroes but in this case I think it works because the armored heroes all have good ways to protect themselves against a sniper based hero so the whole thing balances out nicely.

Winston / Dva dive Widow so they're strong against her in an offensive way.
Reinhardt / Orisa have barriers which soak up sniper shots so they're strong against her in a defensive way.
But its fine better rework symetra again....
Blizzard needs to do something about hitboxes and no hit registration. For example, hanzo is near impossible to headshot when he's facing you because his bow gets in the way. If you have lag, AD spam is super effective against the widowmaker, especially if the enemy gets up close in your face.

So yeah, would be nice if the bugs were fixed. That'd make widowmaker great. Other than, we really don't need any buffs.
widow doesnt need any changes, its hanzo that needs fixing badly.
balance overall in overwatch feels like its gone down hill and snowballing.
Widow can team kill without any problems in the right hands. She doesn't need buffs.
When you think about buffing characters, you need to actually imagine being good at them and then think how buffing them would break the game even more.

Widow is a godtier character in a godtier players hands :p
You can't have an OWL team without a widow main.
14/05/2018 05:50Posted by Lannister
When you think about buffing characters, you need to actually imagine being good at them and then think how buffing them would break the game even more.

Widow is a godtier character in a godtier players hands :p
You can't have an OWL team without a widow main.

OWL is played on 144tick servers comp is on 64 that is the only reason widow is used same as mcree because it is so much more accurate this is the hitbox markers that the guy above was talking about^^

The only way to buff hitscan would be to make the servers better but blizzard wont do that because it would cost too much money and not everyone has a good enough pc/internet to benefit from it.

Also it would cause lag for some people but yes if they made the servers better it would be very good but remember overwatch started of on like 22 tick was it? so maybe they update it again in the future this will make hitscan alot better including tracer.
Widow is disgustingly op in the right hands. If u peak u just die from across the map