Fix for leavers

Competitive Discussion
A proposal to make it possible to back-fill an empty slot after a player leaves. Now in order to make this fair for the player possibly joining the team in disadvantage, I would make it so, that the player can only gain SR (victory scenario), not lose SR, even if the team is defeated.

Overall, no harm is done to no one, and the team suffering from the leaver will have a chance to continue the fight.

Thoughts?
Guess not then...
Leavers should be banned,2 time leaving during season = season perma ban.thats it.
I played all 10 placement matches tonight, in 7(!) games someone left the game which resulted to a lose. Imnot saying we all just gave up, I had teams that really fought and got my respect but seriously, in 7 matches. In a row. Clearly they wouldn't have done this if the penalty for leaving wasn't a major one, which it clearly isn't. It seems there is no punishment since players are leaving so often.
Fix the !@#$ing leavers problem... i lost 3 time in a row becouse of the leaver...this is not a joke. I lose sr becouse a child...
4 in a row... blizz go and think... i will stop play ths !@#$
I mean, I'm not even debating about leaver not being punished. That I consider automatic. What I'm trying to remedy is the damage done on the people left behind. They should not suffer. Let the empty spot being filled back! Pls Blizz...
10/05/2018 22:08Posted by Fanous
A proposal to make it possible to back-fill an empty slot after a player leaves. Now in order to make this fair for the player possibly joining the team in disadvantage, I would make it so, that the player can only gain SR (victory scenario), not lose SR, even if the team is defeated.

Overall, no harm is done to no one, and the team suffering from the leaver will have a chance to continue the fight.

Thoughts?

What if the leaver just had DC and is coming back? Nope cant come back because of a backfiller.
I think that blizzard should make so if someone intentionally leaves by pressing the actual leave match button they got an auto 7 days ban (i understand that people can just Alt f4 the game and make it looks like they Dc'd but this would still catch more people out)

I play on Ps4 mostly for overwatch and the amount of leavers is unreal, i recon that 20% of all matches i have played in season 10 have had leavers on one side or the other.
12/05/2018 14:31Posted by Raiki
I think that blizzard should make so if someone intentionally leaves by pressing the actual leave match button they got an auto 7 days ban (i understand that people can just Alt f4 the game and make it looks like they Dc'd but this would still catch more people out)

I play on Ps4 mostly for overwatch and the amount of leavers is unreal, i recon that 20% of all matches i have played in season 10 have had leavers on one side or the other.

If they did that why on earth would someone press the leave? Just alt+f4. Also tbh if there is people rage quitting I bet they already go for alt+f4
12/05/2018 14:17Posted by Basso
10/05/2018 22:08Posted by Fanous

Thoughts?

What if the leaver just had DC and is coming back? Nope cant come back because of a backfiller.

There could be one minute limit, or something. It's quite rare to see someone coming back.
I feel you, I absolutely despise these leavers. Really, there should be a 2 minute rejoin timer for the person that left, with the following rules :

- If the person rejoins in that 2 minute period, no penalties are given.

- If the person rejoins after leaving in the 2 minute period, and then leaves again, then he receives whatever leaver punishment they would normally get, and the standard SR drop from a loss.

- If somebody leaves and does not rejoin in the time limit, then they receive the leaver punishment they are entitled to and the standard SR drop from a loss.

- If the person leaves, and the match ends while the timer is still running, then they should be punished lightly, like a shorter ban from comp (It may be a coincidence) but the punishments increase in severity if the person repeatedly leaves at this specific time.
12/05/2018 17:46Posted by RigsInRags
- If the person rejoins in that 2 minute period, no penalties are given.

This is the case unless you leave during the first minute of the game.

- If the person rejoins after leaving in the 2 minute period, and then leaves again, then he receives whatever leaver punishment they would normally get, and the standard SR drop from a loss.

This means that people would join back less. Their internet starts to act on them and disconnects them has huge pings etc, but the guy tries to join back to fill the team. Now he shouldnt anymore incase hes internet is still acting and he might get punished harder.

- If somebody leaves and does not rejoin in the time limit, then they receive the leaver punishment they are entitled to and the standard SR drop from a loss.

So if something happens this might mean instead of -50sr he would get something like -75sr? And this is even if the guy manages to join but not within 2mins...

- If the person leaves, and the match ends while the timer is still running, then they should be punished lightly, like a shorter ban from comp (It may be a coincidence) but the punishments increase in severity if the person repeatedly leaves at this specific time.

[/quote]
I dont understand why this would be even a thing. I see the benefits for those who dont leave on purpose (dc etc.) but people are frustrated enough already that they want more than 50sr penalties for leavers so it would prolly get people even madder.