Starcraft II Technical Support

11 Jan CROWDS on Twitter - Season 7 Ep25: All Good Things About half a year ago, we've begun a little experiment to tap into the potential of the playerbase to help itself when it comes to a variety of issues that may not necessarily require contact with Blizzard customer support, such as technical issues or game-related questions. A number of volunteers, experienced at Blizzard games and interested in lending a helping hand to fellow players, have signed up over the months, contributing to our efforts in seeing our players' problems resolved. This CROWDS program was a player-based support initiative that allowed volunteers to help their fellow adventurers via Twitter, using an Android-based mobile app tied to our own social media channels. This app allowed participating helpers to see and respond to tweets that were asking Blizzard for help. You can find more detailed information on CROWDS and how to use the app on our support site article. Alas, the initiative has run its course and we are preparing to lay this program to rest as we proceed to look for other ways to improve the reach and efficiency of our support. Before this curtain will close, however, we wanted to run one last season in order to give everyone a chance to assemble one last time, to make use of this tool for a few more weeks, and to have a last shot at qualifying for our rewards. No matter whether you're a veteran CROWDS helper or want to give this a try before the opportunity fades, all are welcome to subscribe to the app and help their fellow gamers! These are the rewards from which you may pick, should you manage to outshine most of your fellow participants: Hearthstone: Card Packs (x7) Heroes of the Storm: Loot Chests (x12) Overwatch: Loot Boxes (x11) StarCraft II: Co-op Commanders (pick any 2 and/or share StarCraft II: Announcers (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) with a friend) NOTE: Please be aware that using protected Tweets may prevent others from viewing your responses, disqualifying you from participation. Be sure to set your Tweets to public in order to remain visible and eligible for potential rewards!Hagut0 11 Jan
29 Dec StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide Hello everyone! I've noticed quite a few people asking for help with low fps issues in StarCraft II. There are many factors that can affect the frame rate of the games you play and often this issue can be resolved by doing some basic PC housekeeping and walking through some basic troubleshooting steps. Instead of repeating myself, I've decided to write a guide to help those who are experiencing low frame rate issues in the game. The PDF guide can be downloaded here. StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide (PDF) https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4D10C7FFE477F2D1!391&authkey=!AJyeTw3RV0ZXoR8&ithint=file%2cpdf It contains a set of basic troubleshooting tips that may help fix low fps issues in your games. It also covers the NVIDIA video card software settings as well as the StarCraft II in-game settings. I've copied the basic troubleshooting tips from the guide and pasted it below. For the non-tech savvy users among us, I've also included easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions for each troubleshooting tip, which can be found in the PDF document. Without further ado, let's get started. 1. Update Your Video Driver The latest graphics card drivers can sometimes provide a large boost in performance. To ensure the best graphics performance, it’s a good idea to keep your video driver as up-to-date as possible. 2. Reset Your Video Driver Settings If your graphics driver is already up-to-date, try resetting your graphics driver settings. Improperly configured application profile settings can cause low fps and resetting them to default values may help improve your frame rates. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/reset-video-driver-settings 3. Update The System Drivers Keeping all of the major system drivers (chipset, audio, network etc.) up-to-date is essential to the performance of your system. 4. Update Your Operating System Use Windows Update to keep your Windows computer up-to-date with the latest patches, bug fixes and performance improvements. 5. Perform a Clean Startup Some applications and services may interfere with StarCraft II. By performing a clean startup, you can determine whether a background program or service is the source of the frame rate problem. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications 6. Adjust Visual Settings in Windows Disabling many of the visual enhancements and graphical features within Windows can improve your system’s performance. 7. Check Your Power Options In Balanced and Power Save mode the CPU may not be running up to its full potential all the time. Enable High Performance mode to run the CPU full throttle and maximize system performance and responsiveness. 8. Check Your GPU’s Power Management Mode Another setting to consider is the graphics card’s power management mode setting. If it’s set to ‘Adaptive’, it may run at a lower frequency to conserve power. Setting it to ‘Prefer High Performance’ can increase the frame rate in your games. 9. Disable Windows 10 Game DVR If you face any performance issues while playing games, and if you don’t have any need for it, try disabling Windows 10 Game DVR. 10. Configure or Disable OneDrive If OneDrive is enabled your frame rate may drop if OneDrive synchronizes the folder while you are playing StarCraft II. If you are having frame rate issues and OneDrive is enabled, configuring or disabling it might help. 11. Set Windows for Best Performance for Programs While the ‘Adjust for best performance’ setting in the Advanced System Properties is set to optimize Windows for best performance for programs by default, it is worth checking this setting to ensure it is still the case on your system. 12. Optimize Your Hard Drive Optimizing your hard drive can aid in improving the frame rate in StarCraft II, especially if game assets like textures, models and shaders are loaded at runtime. 13. Check for Overheating Components CPU’s and GPU’s can throttle down performance to compensate for the heat. Make sure your system isn’t overheating. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/check-for-overheating-cpu-or-video-card 14. Scan for Viruses and Malware If the system is running slowly, there is a possibility that it’s infected with a virus or malware. Scan your computer for virues and malware to ensure it’s still clean and not infected. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/running-a-virus-scan 15. Check for Problem Devices Check for problem devices to ensure that there are no conflicts between device drivers or problems with any devices on your system. 16. Use the StarCraft II 32-bit Game Client If you’re running a 64-bit Operating System and are experiencing frame rate issues when using the 64-bit game client, try using the 32-bit client instead. Some players have reported better fps with the 32-bit game client. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/toggling-32bit-mode 17. Disable NVIDIA ShadowPlay & Streaming Service Increase your frame rate and save precious CPU cycles by disabling NVIDIA ShadowPlay & NVIDIA Streaming Service. 18. Temporarily Disable Your Sound Card Disabling your sound card will help you determine if the sound card is the root cause of the low frame rate problem. 19. Check for CPU Hogs Programs that require a lot of CPU resources can slow down your computer. Look for resource wasting programs that you can shut down to free up CPU cycles and check your computer’s CPU usage while playing StarCraft II. 20. Turn Off Search Indexing in Windows Windows Search Indexing is constantly running in the background. For users with a slow computer it can be benificial to turn off Windows Search Indexing. 21. Enable Intel Turbo Boost If your CPU supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology, it can run faster than the noted speeds. Enabling Turbo Boost will result in increased performance in applications and games. 22. Use High Performance Discrete GPU To ensure your games take advantage of the faster graphics card in your system, set the preferred graphics processor setting to the High Performance Graphics Processor. 23. Exit Blizzard App When Launching Games In rare cases, the Blizzard App can cause high CPU load. If the Blizzard App is causing high CPU load on your system, set it to close itself when it launches a game to improve the frame rate in StarCraft. 24. Disable Superfetch Superfetch tries to improve performance by predicting which applications a user is likely to launch and preemptively loads them into RAM. Some players have reported improved game performance with SuperFetch disabled, so disabling it may be worth a shot if you’re experiencing in-game “stutters”. 25. Enable or Disable AMD Turbo Core AMD Turbo Core allows the processor to dynamically adjust the CPU operating frequency. Some users have reported better performance with AMD Turbo Core enabled, while some others have claimed that their fps drops stopped with AMD Turbo Core disabled. If it’s already enabled, try disabling it. If it’s not enabled, turn it on and see if that helps. Please keep in mind that while the suggestions listed above and the ones listed in the PDF document may help improve your PC's performance, they will never be able to improve it beyond the limitations of your system's hardware. If you're still experiencing low fps after that, I'd recommend running a system benchmark (e.g. PassMark) and compare your computer’s performance with the online results to ensure your system is running at the correct performance speeds. Good luck, and happy StarCrafting! Changelog ========== May 13, 2016: Initial document release. May 19, 2016: PDF download link changed from Twitter to OneDrive. May 20, 2016: Added "AMD Turbo Core" and fixed typos.Deanx9 29 Dec
04 Oct COMMON CONNECTION AND LATENCY ISSUES - PC/MAC Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpTiogaradh5 04 Oct
17 Feb 2015 Legacy of the Void Common Issues & Fixes Hot Topics Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for current service status. For known in-game issues, see here. Windows 10 Windowed Mode KNOWN ISSUE: Resizing the game in 'windowed' mode can cause display and mouse issues. Ingame Performance Issues Please check the new minimum system requirements and update your graphics drivers. Common Issues & Workarounds Click on the type of issue you are experiencing for advice on how to resolve: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck /slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors/DVDs etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Regular disconnections/Unable to connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS/Freezing etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the article, please read this post on how to create an effective thread.Natryndon0 17 Feb 2015
17 Feb 2015 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help you: Ananda Cazzéh DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon SanekoNatryndon2 17 Feb 2015
13h Latest Patch turned ship characters into white spheres Not sure I have the re-mastered version or not, but just downloaded the patch and now Horner and Swann are just huge white spheres.Omen1 13h
21h Missing achievments I am missing my achievements, portraits and such things, however my points did remain. Here is a screenshot about the phenomenon: https://imgur.com/a/rXjMk It looks like I've (temporarily) lost everything and can't obtain any new achievments.HUNKharon2 21h
1d Ladder https://i.imgur.com/Z2g7oop.jpg TL;DR MMR is 0 and terran is somehow random I've been laddering today,switching my race back and forth,untill I decided to give terran a shot. Played 4 games,winning 3 and losing the last one. As I queued for another game I lost connection for a second, not sure if it was on my end,ISP or Blizzard's ,but I quickly reconnected back. As I tried to queue again the game just endlessly tried to load the match and not letting me cancel the queue either, the little notification at the bottom even still said "click to cancel". Every time I did click it, it went gray for 5 seconds or so and then went back to loading...something. Restarted the game. This is what I am welcommed with: https://i.imgur.com/Z2g7oop.jpg I knew I lost the last one, but I did not think it was that bad a loss. After restarting the game again and even asking other people to check my mmr and division stats,they saw the same thing. So,whats up?Zaruk2 1d
1d cant log in on SC2 claimed some free gift, and now cant log in, when i press play on starcraft2 some laoding box - empty come in named StarCraft i see the loading and all i can press is button cancel ....DartVader2 1d
1d Is SC2 ever going to support Ultra-Wide Resolutions? I love the game but there is something about playing with black bars that takes something away from the experience. Before people start their rant about competetive edge and whatnot, i am not asking for it to be enabled in regular matches, only arcade. Not sure if its too much work to seperate the 2, but i've seen posts about this for years now and never a clear response from the devs:)Plurrah1 1d
2d SC2 freezes after 20-25 minutes every game Hi all Would love it if someone can help me with this, it's been driving me nuts for months now. Ever since I got a new gaming laptop in April (MSI GT73VR 6RE Titan) StarCraft 2 has been freezing after 20-25 minutes of gameplay. It's ALWAYS within 20-25minutes, it's annoyingly not long enough to finish most Co-op games but it never crashes before the 20 minute mark. The freeze/crash itself is odd - the game just hangs, but it will keep playing audio normally - it will finish whatever music file it was playing or sound file it was playing. If there are any continual background noises in the map then they'll continue playing normally. The sound doesn't loop or just stop like you'd normally expect it to when a game crashes, it just carries on playing normally until it finishes playing whatever sound file was loaded at the time. I can still move the cursor as well and it's the normal animated game cursor - but the game is completely frozen. It won't unfreeze no matter how long I leave it either. Alt-F4 doesn't work. I can't alt tab - well I can press alt-tab and see the selection screen for other apps running, but I can't bring any other apps to the fore-front of the frozen game. I can't use the "show all desktop" button, but I can get the task bar to appear by pressing the keyboard start menu key and left click on it, I just can't bring any menu screens or apps to the front of the screen to actually see them. The only way I can get out of it is to ctrl-alt-del to bring up the blue Windows 10 menu screen and then choose to Sign Out or Shut Down. If I choose sign out, Windows does it immediately without any problems. I don't think it's overheating because I've tried limiting my FPS to 60 and it still does it (using the frame rate limiter commands in the variables.txt). The SC2 FPS counter shows my GPU at a consistent 52 degrees throughout, without ever spiking - especially when it freezes, it's still at 52 degrees. This has happened throughout multiple BIOS versions, NVidia drivers, MSI drivers/utility versions, so I don't think it's dodgy drivers because I've had it over so many driver versions in the last five months. I always do clean installs for drivers too, whenever possible. And the weirdest thing is it doesn't happen in other games! I can play HOTS for hours without any problems. Played Diablo 3 fine, WoW fine, Destiny 2 fine, other Steam games fine. It's just SC2! It's driving me nuts. Anyone have any suggestions? Please!Sagittari24 2d
2d AN UNEXPECTED FATAL ERROR OCCURRED I see that this problem happened 3-4 years ago. When I try to start a game it give me this fatal error with diferent report ID. So any1 could help me with that?MicroPillow9 2d
2d please help FDEC6725-64D7-4086-8481-9E3F311E7754 error i keep getting crash and lose because of thisGundamSlayer1 2d
3d Tooltips Hi all! Playing Legacy of the Void now and enjoying it. However, I can't seem to figure out how to turn off tooltips. Pretty sure I had them turned off in Heart of the Swarm, so I must be missing something in the options menu :D Can anyone tell me how to turn them off in Legacy of the Void?Hexocius2 3d
3d "not available while initializing game mode" Hello.. Yesterday after a match my game stopped working, i can play the campaign but multiplayer stoped working. i can see the custom rooms but they have no pictures of the game or the names of the players and i cant join none of them.. When im trying to play co op the ready buttom is grayed and i cant press it. when i put my mouse on it, it says : " Not available while intializing game mode". ( Same for versus) .Snuper11 3d
4d COOP EXP BROKEN As you all know, Hard difficulty is supposed to give 50% bonus exp, while normal should only give 20%. That's what the UI tells us. They both reward you with 38,500 exp though (less if you skip bonus, but still the same value). This needs fixing. Either tweak the exp gain or tweak the ui.Erundil2 4d
5d Game hang on quit/alt-tab Hi, I reported a bug, but I can't find it. Are there different servers for forums too? I'll post again because I have update on the issue Starcraft II hangs on exit or if I tap out (I use ctrl-escape because I disabled start menu key and alt-tab). That only happens if I have played a game. It stays on black screen with SC2 cursor and nothing happens until I kill it from task manager. That started happening after I ... accidentally deleted the game and re-installed it again using battle.net app. There was an update at the same time, so I'm not sure that me deleting the game has anything to do with it. Now changed the MB/CPU and re-installed the PC, but I didn't re-install the game ... I just started it from D:/Games where it was located and it automatically installed battle.net app. The game still hangs on exit. I'll uninstall the game and re-install it again using battle.net app and hopefully that fixes it. If not - I'll post an updateNickSoft2 5d
5d black screen after launching game, Lost D3D9 device Hello! Got a problem after some moths of not-playing-SC2.. Earlier i played SC2 without any problems, but after i updated and launched it on my PC, game started, but all i could see's black screen. Sounds exist, i even have in-game mouse cursor and can click buttons (which i dint see at all). Switching to window mode, 32-bit client version, updating .net, directX and graphic drivers, using another display resolution and and even re-installing game do nothing. However, if i press alt+enter a lot, i sometimes could see a splash of a game screen. In graphics logs i see messages GFX 23:23:39.567 Selected display mode 1920x1080x0 with format D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8 and error delta 0 GFX 23:23:39.568 Lost D3D9 device GFX 23:23:39.662 GFX 23:23:39.662 D3D9 Device Reset from unknown returned e_errorKindGfx(0) GFX 23:24:04.813 Lost D3D9 device here is dxdiag output: ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 2/14/2018, 23:52:57 Machine name: PCPCPC1 Operating System: Windows 7 Максимальная 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.161007-0600) Language: Russian (Regional Setting: Russian) System Manufacturer: System manufacturer System Model: P5E BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/07/08 12:00:50 Ver: 08.00.12 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz Memory: 6144MB RAM Available OS Memory: 6144MB RAM Page File: 5230MB used, 7054MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 2: No problems found. Sound Tab 3: No problems found. Input Tab: No problems found. -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct3D: 0/4 (retail) DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail) DirectInput: 0/5 (retail) DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail) DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail) DirectSound: 0/5 (retail) DirectShow: 0/6 (retail) --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6898) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00 Display Memory: 3828 MB Dedicated Memory: 1012 MB Shared Memory: 2815 MB Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: Универсальный монитор PnP Monitor Model: Acer G245H Monitor Id: ACR0114 Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz) Output Type: HDMI Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1433 (English) Driver Version: 15.301.1901.0 DDI Version: 11 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 2/27/2016 00:00:24, 1506000 bytes WHQL Logo'd: n/a WHQL Date Stamp: n/a Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2BD8-11CF-2B76-0A2BBEC2C535} Vendor ID: 0x1002 Device ID: 0x6898 SubSys ID: 0x0B001002 Revision ID: 0x0000 Driver Strong Name: oem22.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_Evergreen:15.301.1901.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_6898 Rank Of Driver: 00E62001 Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps= D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported DXVA-HD: Not Supported DDraw Status: Enabled D3D Status: Enabled AGP Status: Enabled ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description: Динамики (Устройство с поддержкой High Definition Audio) Default Sound Playback: Yes Default Voice Playback: Yes Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_198B&SUBSYS_1043829C&REV_1004 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 65535 Type: WDM Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (Russian) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 11/21/2010 06:23:47, 350208 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Microsoft HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0xF1F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No Description: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device) Default Sound Playback: No Default Voice Playback: No Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1002 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 100 Type: WDM Driver Name: AtihdW76.sys Driver Version: 7.12.0000.7723 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: n/a Date and Size: 2/26/2016 23:18:00, 96256 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0xF1F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No Description: Цифровое аудио (S/PDIF) (Устройство с поддержкой High Definition Audio) Default Sound Playback: No Default Voice Playback: No Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_198B&SUBSYS_1043829C&REV_1004 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 65535 Type: WDM Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (Russian) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 11/21/2010 06:23:47, 350208 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: Microsoft HW Accel Level: Basic Cap Flags: 0xF1F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000 Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: No EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description: Микрофон (Устройство с поддержкой High Definition Audio) Default Sound Capture: Yes Default Voice Capture: Yes Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (Russian) Driver Attributes: Final Retail Date and Size: 11/21/2010 06:23:47, 350208 bytes Cap Flags: 0x1 Format Flags: 0xFFFFF Description: Лин. вход (Устройство с поддержкой High Definition Audio) Default Sound Capture: No Default Voice Capture: No Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (Russian) Driver Attributes: Final Retail Date and Size: 11/21/2010 06:23:47, 350208 bytes Cap Flags: 0x1 Format Flags: 0xFFFFF Description: Микрофон (Устройство с поддержкой High Definition Audio) Default Sound Capture: No Default Voice Capture: No Driver Name: HdAudio.sys Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (Russian) Driver Attributes: Final Retail Date and Size: 11/21/2010 06:23:47, 350208 bytes Cap Flags: 0x1 Format Flags: 0xFFFFF ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name: Мышь Attached: 1 Controller ID: n/a Vendor/Product ID: n/a FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Клавиатура Attached: 1 Controller ID: n/a Vendor/Product ID: n/a FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x00DD FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Game mouse Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x2733, 0xFFA8 FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Game mouse Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x2733, 0xFFA8 FF Driver: n/a Device Name: Game mouse Attached: 1 Controller ID: 0x0 Vendor/Product ID: 0x2733, 0xFFA8 FF Driver: n/a Poll w/ Interrupt: No ----------- USB Devices ----------- + Корневой USB-концентратор | Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x2937 | Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub | Service: usbhub ---------------- Gameport Devices ---------------- ------------ PS/2 Devices ------------ + Клавиатура HID | Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x00DD | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_keyboard | Service: kbdhid | + Клавиатура HID | Vendor/Product ID: 0x2733, 0xFFA8 | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_keyboard | Service: kbdhid | + Драйвер клавиатуры сервера терминалов | Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd | Upper Filters: kbdclass | Service: TermDD | + HID-совместимая мышь | Vendor/Product ID: 0x2733, 0xFFA8 | Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse | Service: mouhid | + Драйвер мыши сервера терминалов | Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou | Upper Filters: mouclass | Service: TermDD ------------------------ Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives ------------------------ Drive: C: Free Space: 42.6 GB Total Space: 238.1 GB File System: NTFS Model: WDC WD2500AAKS-00F0A0 ATA Device Drive: D: Model: DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (Russian), , 0 bytes -------------- System Devices -------------- Name: Корневой порт Intel(R) X38/X48 Express Chipset Processor to I/O - 29E0 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29E0&SUBSYS_82951043&REV_01\3&11583659&0&00 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB универсальный хост-контроллер - 2938 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2938&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&D1 Driver: n/a Name: Контроллер LPC-интерфейса Intel(R) ICH9R - 2916 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2916&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&F8 Driver: n/a Name: Корневой порт PCI Express 5 семейства Intel(R) ICH9 - 2948 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2948&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&E4 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB универсальный хост-контроллер - 2937 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2937&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&D0 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) 82801 PCI мост - 244E Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_244E&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_92\3&11583659&0&F0 Driver: n/a Name: Корневой порт PCI Express 3 семейства Intel(R) ICH9 - 2944 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2944&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&E2 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB универсальный хост-контроллер - 2936 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2936&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&EA Driver: n/a Name: Стандартный двухканальный контроллер PCI IDE Device ID: PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2368&SUBSYS_824F1043&REV_00\4&1AD356C7&0&00E4 Driver: n/a Name: Корневой порт PCI Express 1 семейства Intel(R) ICH9 - 2940 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2940&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&E0 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB универсальный хост-контроллер - 2935 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2935&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&E9 Driver: n/a Name: Контроллер Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Device ID: PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_4364&SUBSYS_81F81043&REV_12\4&45B69F9&0&00E2 Driver: n/a Name: Контроллер High Definition Audio (Microsoft) Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&D8 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB универсальный хост-контроллер - 2934 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2934&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&E8 Driver: n/a Name: VIA 1394 OHCI-совместимый хост-контроллер Device ID: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3044&SUBSYS_81FE1043&REV_C0\4&1542FBD&0&18F0 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 расширенный хост-контроллер - 293C Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293C&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&D7 Driver: n/a Name: Контроллер SMBus семейства Intel(R) ICH9 - 2930 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2930&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&FB Driver: n/a Name: Контроллер High Definition Audio (Microsoft) Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AA50&SUBSYS_AA501002&REV_00\4&1BC1D098&0&0108 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 расширенный хост-контроллер - 293A Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293A&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&EF Driver: n/a Name: Стандартный двухканальный контроллер PCI IDE Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2926&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&FD Driver: n/a Name: AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_0B001002&REV_00\4&1BC1D098&0&0008 Driver: n/a Name: Корневой порт Intel(R) X38/X48 Express Chipset PCI Express - 29E1 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29E1&SUBSYS_82951043&REV_01\3&11583659&0&08 Driver: n/a Name: Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB универсальный хост-контроллер - 2939 Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2939&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&D2 Driver: n/a Name: Стандартный двухканальный контроллер PCI IDE Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2920&SUBSYS_82771043&REV_02\3&11583659&0&FA Driver: n/a ------------------ DirectShow Filters ------------------ DirectShow Filters: WMAudio Decoder DMO,0x00800800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.19091 WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.19091 WMSpeech Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.19091 MP3 Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,mp3dmod.dll,6.01.7601.19091 Mpeg4s Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp4sdecd.dll,6.01.7601.19091 WMV Screen decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsdecd.dll,6.01.7601.19091 WMVideo Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,wmvdecod.dll,6.01.7601.19091 Mpeg43 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp43decd.dll,6.01.7601.19091 Mpeg4 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mpg4decd.dll,6.01.7601.19091 WMT VIH2 Fix,0x00200000,1,1,WLXVAFilt.dll,16.04.3528.0331 Record Queue,0x00200000,1,1,WLXVAFilt.dll,16.04.3528.0331 WMT Switch Filter,0x00200000,1,1,WLXVAFilt.dll,16.04.3528.0331 WMT Virtual Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,WLXVAFilt.dll,16.04.3528.0331 WMT DV Extract,0x00200000,1,1,WLXVAFilt.dll,16.04.3528.0331 WMT Virtual Source,0x00200000,0,1,WLXVAFilt.dll,16.04.3528.0331 WMT Sample Information Filter,0x00200000,1,1,WLXVAFilt.dll,16.04.3528.0331 DV Muxer,0x00400000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Color Space Converter,0x00400001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 LAV Splitter,0x00800004,1,1,LAVSplitter.ax,0.44.0000.0000 WM ASF Reader,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.19091 Screen Capture filter,0x00200000,0,1,wmpsrcwp.dll,12.00.7601.17514 AVI Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 VGA 16 Color Ditherer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 SBE2MediaTypeProfile,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder,0x005fffff,2,4,msmpeg2vdec.dll,12.00.9200.17037 AC3 Parser Filter,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528 StreamBufferSink,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 MJPEG Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 DivX for Blizzard Decoder Filter,0x00800000,1,1,blizzard.ax, MPEG-I Stream Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 SAMI (CC) Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514 MPEG-2 Splitter,0x005fffff,1,0,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528 Closed Captions Analysis Filter,0x00200000,2,5,cca.dll,6.06.7601.17514 SBE2FileScan,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.19091 Internal Script Command Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 MPEG Audio Decoder,0x03680001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 DV Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Video Mixing Renderer 9,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Microsoft MPEG-2 Encoder,0x00200000,2,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.19091 ACM Wrapper,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Video Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 MPEG-2 Video Stream Analyzer,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Line 21 Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Video Port Manager,0x00600000,2,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Video Renderer,0x00400000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 File Writer,0x00200000,1,0,WLXVAFilt.dll,16.04.3528.0331 VPS Decoder,0x00200000,0,0,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514 WM ASF Writer,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.19091 VBI Surface Allocator,0x00600000,1,1,vbisurf.ax,6.01.7601.17514 File writer,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 iTV Data Sink,0x00600000,1,0,itvdata.dll,6.06.7601.17514 iTV Data Capture filter,0x00600000,1,1,itvdata.dll,6.06.7601.17514 DVD Navigator,0x00200000,0,3,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Overlay Mixer2,0x00200000,1,1,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.23471 AVI Draw,0x00600064,9,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 RDP DShow Redirection Filter,0xffffffff,1,0,DShowRdpFilter.dll, Microsoft MPEG-2 Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.19091 WST Pager,0x00200000,1,1,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514 MPEG-2 Demultiplexer,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528 DV Video Decoder,0x00800000,1,1,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514 LAV Splitter Source,0x00800004,0,1,LAVSplitter.ax,0.44.0000.0000 SampleGrabber,0x00200000,1,1,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.19091 Null Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.19091 MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x005fffff,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft AC3 Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msac3enc.dll,6.01.7601.17514 StreamBufferSource,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 Smart Tee,0x00200000,1,2,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Overlay Mixer,0x00200000,0,0,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.23471 AVI Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 AVI/WAV File Source,0x00400000,0,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Wave Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 MIDI Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Multi-file Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 File stream renderer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder,0x005fffff,1,1,msmpeg2adec.dll,6.01.7601.23285 StreamBufferSink2,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528 AVI Mux,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Line 21 Decoder 2,0x00600002,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 File Source (Async.),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 File Source (URL),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 LAV Audio Decoder,0x00800003,1,1,LAVAudio.ax,0.44.0000.0000 LAV Video Decoder,0x00800003,1,1,LAVVideo.ax,0.44.0000.0000 Infinite Pin Tee Filter,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Enhanced Video Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,evr.dll,6.01.7601.23471 BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00200000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17669 MPEG Video Decoder,0x40000001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 WDM Streaming Tee/Splitter Devices: Преобразователь Tee/Sink-to-Sink,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.19091 Video Compressors: WMVideo8 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvxencd.dll,6.01.7601.19091 WMVideo9 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvencod.dll,6.01.7601.19091 MSScreen 9 encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsencd.dll,6.01.7601.19091 DV Video Encoder,0x00200000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514 MJPEG Compressor,0x00200000,0,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Кодек Cinepak, изготовленный корпорацией Radius,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Кодек Intel IYUV,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Кодек Intel IYUV,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft RLE,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft Video 1,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Audio Compressors: WM Speech Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOE.DLL,6.01.7601.19091 WMAudio Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOE.DLL,6.01.7601.19091 IMA ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 PCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Microsoft ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 GSM 6.10,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 CCITT A-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 CCITT u-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 MPEG Layer-3,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Audio Capture Sources: Микрофон (Устройство с поддержк,0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 Лин. вход (Устройство с поддерж,0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514 PBDA CP Filters: PBDA DTFilter,0x00600000,1,1,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.19135 PBDA ETFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.19135 PBDA PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.19135 Midi Renderers: Default MidiOut Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 WDM Streaming Capture Devices: ,0x00000000,0,0,, Комбинированная запись с компакт-диска HD Audio,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.19091 WDM Streaming Rendering Devices: AMD HD Audio HDMI out #0,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.19091 Динамик HD Audio,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.19091 Выход HD Audio SPDIF,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.19091 BDA Network Providers: Microsoft ATSC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft DVBC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft DVBS Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft DVBT Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Microsoft Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514 Multi-Instance Capable VBI Codecs: VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514 BDA Transport Information Renderers: BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00600000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17669 MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x00600000,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514 BDA CP/CA Filters: Decrypt/Tag,0x00600000,1,1,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.19135 Encrypt/Tag,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.19135 PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.19135 XDS Codec,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.19135 WDM Streaming Communication Transforms: Преобразователь Tee/Sink-to-Sink,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.19091 Audio Renderers: Динамики (Устройство с поддержк,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Defin,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Default DirectSound Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Default WaveOut Device,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 DirectSound: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 DirectSound: Динамики (Устройство с поддержкой High Definition Audio),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 DirectSound: Цифровое аудио (S/PDIF) (Устройство с поддержкой High Definition Audio),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 Цифровое аудио (S/PDIF) (Устрой,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.23471 --------------- EVR Power Information --------------- Current Setting: {5C67A112-A4C9-483F-B4A7-1D473BECAFDC} (Quality) Quality Flags: 2576 Enabled: Force throttling Allow half deinterlace Allow scaling Decode Power Usage: 100 Balanced Flags: 1424 Enabled: Force throttling Allow batching Force half deinterlace Force scaling Decode Power Usage: 50 PowerFlags: 1424 Enabled: Force throttling Allow batching Force half deinterlace Force scaling Decode Power Usage: 0WallDash3 5d
6d Level capped? Hi, i bought Starcraft 2 campaign collection Technically I have 8 commander in for the coop mission (I bought Nova later on) But I notice as I reached level 5 with Raynor, it says the level is capped and I cannot level up to level 6. (Apparently there is saying that I am suppose to buy this character). I haven't tried with other commanders yet, but isn't this a problem?Star1 6d
6d support system I made this topic yesterday https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/17618021627 They close it and say i have to use their support system. Yet their platypus support system won't let me make a ticket about this. There was a reason i made a topic about this. What a joke this forum is. One person dosen't know what the other one is doing. You can't even figure out your forums. No wonder your games are a jokeinsomnia2 6d
6d Only campaign mode working Only Campaign mode working, cant click play on Training, Vs AI, teams, Co-op etc. Also cant create or join a lobby - gives "There is a problem downloading cache, please restart game" Restarting game does not work, yes i have removed the game from my system and reinstalled/downloaded the game completely Mouse-over play button shows nothing in all modes. Cant click it. Please helpQbomb6 6d
6d Level capped? Hi, i bought Starcraft 2 campaign collection Technically I have 8 commander in for the coop mission (I bought Nova later on) But I notice as I reached level 5 with Raynor, it says the level is capped and I cannot level up to level 6. (Apparently there is saying that I am suppose to buy this character). I haven't tried with other commanders yet, but isn't this a problem?Star1 6d
14 Feb cannot play Zerg campaign. I have battlechest installed hi. I just finished installing Battle chest which is supposed to contain all 3 games.. but when i started playing the campaign, I can only play Wings of Liberty and LoTV campaign? There is no option to start the Zerg campaign. Do I need to finish the WoL campaign first to unlock the Zerg campaign? Appreciate any response. thanksjcles3 14 Feb
14 Feb "View Profile" in website doesn't work As mention above, when I click on the view profile in the main page of website, it doesn't load up my profile, instead it shows an error of "I Swallowed A Bug". Is there anything I can do? It has been like this for a long long long time.LeonRevon1 14 Feb
14 Feb Why is anything realted to blizzard not working? Hi , just bought legacy of the void bundle , nova covert ops , and got 4 coop commanders. Went to play even before i got this: coop to try it, its not working, even when i bought the coop commanders still not working. I went to live chat support like million times already and i just also get an error message... I go to support site directly build for fixing starcraft 2 problems , a page from blizzard... I get an error saying there must be some mayor error . Can anybody help me , am i going mad or blizzard games are dying? It's just so frustrating , just want to play the game.charlloss2 14 Feb
14 Feb said i purchased Karax I just logged in to get an achivement that I purchased Phase-Smith Karax. I didn't, and i dont want to risk being charged for something i didnt purchaseinsomnia1 14 Feb
10 Feb StarCraft 2 exit crash Hi don't know if anyone else is having this problem but recently when I exit the game I can't do anything as it is frozen, the only way to get out of it is to restart the pc or sign out and it's very annoying.WarLord27 10 Feb
11 Feb Achievements Totally Reseted/Gone Hey, today i bought void expansion logged to game and i'm shocked becouse all my achies from previous 2 campaigns are gone. Not only those - all of achies are gone like i would just bought new game. Can't select missions i played before etc. What is happening?Ixomunai3 11 Feb
09 Feb bluetooth audio bug existing since at least 2013! Dear Blizzard, it's a shame and really sad to see that this issue exists since at least 2013 and it's still not fixed. Make it a paid DLC to match your current business strategy, maybe ppl wil even pay 5 bucks for it.... For completeness sake here another reproduction for the issue: 1. Use any kind ob bluetooth headset on your comuter 2. Start Starcraft 3. Enjoy your headset going to a silent mode 4. Try stuff like deactivating integrated voice comms and stuff 5. Search forums and support, notice it is apparently really related to voice-comms-stuff, coz as we know, everyone uses the ingame comms and exists at least since 2013 6. Wonder wether anyone from Blizzard cares to check support forums or keeping track of the bugs reported there, switch audio to your speakers and take a mental note to not play SC2 with friends, coz your headset won't work GGWP Blizzard Sorry for being harsh, but this kind of behavior is really a sign of utterly poor customer care.thrax0 09 Feb
08 Feb Nothing load and no help from Support Problem after patch 4.1.4 nothing won´t load i can wait forever and nothnig sometimes is stuck on 98% or better not even try load maps, arcades....... i also delete the Battle.net cache and files and doesn´t help..... hope this will be fixed soon because i just buy war chest and can´t use the co-op stimpack or complete the Phases which ones end on end of March ....... even i try concact Blizzard Support but everytime i try it still show me errors...... Pay many € to your game...... and don´t try to help people..... and this is Global problem.....Lukino1 08 Feb
08 Feb Beware Blizzard sometimes frauds users Some transaction of buying games go threw their system, even when the users do not receive their content that the users bought. this bug exists since feburary 1st 2018 there webstore is atm broken untill a proper developer that has knowledge about the store system to fix it. my recommandation wait untill they fixed their webstore! Because there web and webappstore is broken since feburary 1st 2018 untill they give a message that they fixed there Online webstore do not buy unless you want to waste money.CDMdragon1 08 Feb
08 Feb GAME CRASHES WHEN OPENING OLD REPLAYS If I try to open replays from 2015 (version 3.0.2.38624 and similar) the game crashes. I got the report ID 7C8A2CB9-37AD-40FA-8E55-C50125EBFA42. Any ideas on how to fix this?Zoxx1 08 Feb
08 Feb gift reciving is broken i can not receive gift even though it says its complet on the order history of m friend. its neither workign via friendlist or email both are broken as in i do not reive any gift at all.CDMdragon1 08 Feb
08 Feb Error 3018 ? Hey there :) I get an Error 3018, when I try to update SC Broodwar What the devil is an Error 3018 ??? ChristofferChristoffer1 08 Feb
08 Feb acces Can t acces my starcraft acountchrisos1 08 Feb
08 Feb Issue with technical support Hello everyone ! I have an issue or a bug - i don't know - with technical support: Maybe it's from me but it's like if technical support from Starcraft II is not able to read any topic which is posted on the forum.................. Or It may be an issue like i can't see their answer? Many people complain about DISCONNECTING ISSUES DURING GAME since patch 4.0 - which have been "fixed" somehow for few peoples - . I don't know if the supporting staff heard from it but there is STILL AN ISSUE ! How many posts do you need to understand? /!\ Disclaimer /!\ If you are hard-working on the fix for 3 months now then I apologize because it must be a HUGE BUG for being that long, and I totally understand that. So would you mind stop answering people (when you answer) with useless readymade answer, because I guess you're smart enough to know that it's more than that :) Sorry for being that rude, I use to be very polite, patient, and indulgent, but I can't actually play sc2 since november, and that's sad because you know that passionnate people are making sc2 alive, and this kind of issues are ruining it... Please answer us to keep in touch and give hope, With love, A passionnate <3Bobymayor1 08 Feb
08 Feb Screen Flicker Since Last Update Game flickers all through menus, loading screens and gameplay since the last update. Tried changing to latest and older graphics drivers with crossfire enabled and disabled, no version makes any odds. Problem only started since the last update. Seem to remember this happened with an update a while back and was fixed subsequently. Any way to revert back to sc2 pre the last update until this is fixed?Seth1 08 Feb
06 Feb "attempting to reconnect" got problem with connection sometimes i disconnect for 3 or 5 sec then after reconnecting the "attempting to reconnect" massage come and nothing else happen. did anyone can reconnect to a game after this massage?? PS: i'm connecting wirelessArchAngel1 06 Feb
05 Feb WoL Campaign Saves Overwritten with Nova CO Just wanted to go back and replay a WoL mission when I realized the save seems to have been overwritten with a Nova CO mission: https://imgur.com/a/q3Xe3 I recall fixing this before on a different machine in the past, but it appears the cloud saves are still messed up. I still have a backup of most of the old files (i.e. LibertyCampaignSave.SC2Save as well as saves from final missions), however simply substituting them in the game folder seems to have made no difference.GenghisKhan0 05 Feb
04 Feb SC2 Frequent disconnect from server Good day, I would like to highlight the frustration I encountered when entering the game. It seems that I am often disconnected from the server no matter how many times I try to get myself back to the game. Its been awhile I face this problem. Kindly solve this matter. I did try the Scan & Repair method but it still wont solve the problem. P.S: I do face the same problem when playing Overwatch besides SC2 ThanksTedhuaT5 04 Feb
04 Feb Deliberating stutter in SC2 - both audio and graphics I am currently experiencing extremely deliberating stuttering in StarCraft II. This stuttering takes the form of complete graphical and sound freezes lasting up to half a second. The frequency of this stuttering varies, but generally occurs approximately every second. This has rendered StarCraft II completely unplayable. I have spent a vast amount of time attempting to rectify this problem. I firstly note that this problem must be a performance related issue. The GUI is impossible to interact with during a freeze event. This is unlike network lag (which I have in the past experienced), where the GUI remains possible to interact with. I have never experienced such stuttering in SC2 before, and I do not experience stutter in any other game I own. The stuttering first began when I installed the Windows 10 Creator Update on my machine on about the 26th May. I strongly suspect that there may be a conflict here. I note that I have turned Windows 10 Game mode, Windows 10 Game DVR and Windows 10 Night Mode all off - hasn't made a difference. In terms of the hardware in my computer, I use a i7 2600k with 16 GB of RAM and a GTX 980 GPU. Although my CPU is now relatively old, it is still extremely capable in comparison to modern CPUs (with little performance improvement seen in recent generations of Intel processors due to a combination of Intel resting on their laurels and difficulty scaling transistor power consumption at smaller silicon process nodes). I have attached a copy of my DXDiag: https://pastebin.com/B7hrumgi I have also generated an MSInfo file but this is too big to include in PasteBin. If there is a particular section that would be useful to look at, let me know. I have also followed the SC2 Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide, to which I have responded on all items here: https://pastebin.com/5JsnEh7z I have additionally tried running my GPU in debug mode, and I have additionally tried changing the core affinity and process priority of SC2 via Task Manager. Nothing has helped. I am completely at my wits end. Any help would be appreciated. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Any other suggestions?Salisen2 04 Feb
03 Feb Stop language change download How is it that, after freaking 8 years, we still get no warning about the fact that, changing the language in the game, takes out of it to "download some files", which are actually 6GB. No way to stop it also, have deleted cache, bnet folder, blizz folder, uninstalled and reinstalled... Any solution to this stupid !@# problem?Ogeas1 03 Feb
02 Feb Lags(DELAY/LATENCY) after 4.0/4.0.1 update Hi everybody, So after i downloaded newest patch today, all the ladder games I played were laggy (4 games played in the span of maybe 3 hours)(1 - 2 sec delay). My internet connection should not be a problem since before this upgrade i was not having lag issues at all (day, maybe two before update). I was wondering if anyone is experiencing same issues ? Or does someone have a clue to how to solve this lags ? ThanksPeterSVK123 02 Feb
02 Feb Co-op bug with dark pylon on Miner's Evacuation Dark pylons can cloak miner ships that will not be used as a mission objective. While these are technically allied, they become invisible/untargetable to me as Fenix, and judging by the replay, also to my Vorazun ally. https://gfycat.com/BigheartedInsignificantAcaciarat I think a "bug report" forum section would be welcome for EU as well, not only for NA.vipix1 02 Feb
31 Jan Cannot edit Co-op hotkeys for Queen I am unable to alter the Queen's ability hotkeys (Creep, Inject, Heal) while playing Co-Op as Kerrigan. I have the hotkeys set to my liking for the Queen in normal play, but it does not reflect this setup in co-op and there is no symbol for the Queen in the units panel to select when altering co-op hotkeys. I realize there is already a topic regarding this problem, but it is from 2015 and the Link provided by the mod there does not work.omega1 31 Jan
31 Jan Dont know what to do... ´´Graphics device is not available at this time. Please try strarting StarCraft 2 again, or restarting your machine. If the problem, for more information consult our support website¨ I have triead restarting mine pc, chekt mine graphics card, uninstald battle app and starcarft and instald it once more and i still got this. My other games work so i dont know what to do? or am i just stupied sry for mine bad english spellingSnowOfSorrow1 31 Jan
30 Jan Unable to login to my game + more So I started up my battle.net launcher to play some SC II. I get a message that because of changes to my login behavior I can't login and they have send me an email. Of course no email .... Try again, same message, still no email. Ok so I logon to the blizzard site and try to send a webmail. Ok 2 ways to " identify myself" Did both ... get send back right to choosing what problem I have. No webmail whatsoever. Just infinite " select webmail" then 2 options to identify myself (did both btw) aaaannnnddd back to choosing my "problem" So now I cannot login to my game AND I cannot send a webmail either and no email sent by the game either. This is one heck of a mess ..... Oh and no. no email in junk mail either. Nvm managed to fix it finally ....Rhylian1 30 Jan
30 Jan périphérique graphique indisponible Bonjour Cela fait plusieurs jours que je n'arrive plus à lancer SCII. A chaque fois que j 'essaie de me lancé il me dit que le périphérique graphique n'est pas disponible il me demande de redémarrer l'ordinateur mais ca ne change rien... aider moi s'il vous plait. ordinateur: i5-7400 nvidiagforce GTX 1050 2GBOtOmate1 30 Jan
29 Jan To Blizzard: Daily reminder of the micro-lags/stutters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnQWFdbHFNg This video shows the nature of the problem. It is present in versus Ai also. We have seen no response by Blizzard recently except to user NME that essentially concludes with "well maybe it's your ISP". https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/17617172621 The problem started for thousands of players who reported in when the recent patch 4 was launched. The players coming back to SC2, or new players, now that SC2 is free to play and the ladder is unified, cannot play the game now. Can we get a response to the micro-stuttering in the game?Las6 29 Jan
28 Jan Free Name Change With New Patch? Hi, I was wondering how to activate the free name change that was offered with the latest patch? I can only find the Purchase Name Change option in my account settings. Thanks :) :) :)MrHappy2 28 Jan