Starcraft II Technical Support

27 Dec StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide Hello everyone! I've noticed quite a few people asking for help with low fps issues in StarCraft II. There are many factors that can affect the frame rate of the games you play and often this issue can be resolved by doing some basic PC housekeeping and walking through some basic troubleshooting steps. Instead of repeating myself, I've decided to write a guide to help those who are experiencing low frame rate issues in the game. The PDF guide can be downloaded here. StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide (PDF) https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4D10C7FFE477F2D1!391&authkey=!AJyeTw3RV0ZXoR8&ithint=file%2cpdf It contains a set of basic troubleshooting tips that may help fix low fps issues in your games. It also covers the NVIDIA video card software settings as well as the StarCraft II in-game settings. I've copied the basic troubleshooting tips from the guide and pasted it below. For the non-tech savvy users among us, I've also included easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions for each troubleshooting tip, which can be found in the PDF document. Without further ado, let's get started. 1. Update Your Video Driver The latest graphics card drivers can sometimes provide a large boost in performance. To ensure the best graphics performance, it’s a good idea to keep your video driver as up-to-date as possible. 2. Reset Your Video Driver Settings If your graphics driver is already up-to-date, try resetting your graphics driver settings. Improperly configured application profile settings can cause low fps and resetting them to default values may help improve your frame rates. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/reset-video-driver-settings 3. Update The System Drivers Keeping all of the major system drivers (chipset, audio, network etc.) up-to-date is essential to the performance of your system. 4. Update Your Operating System Use Windows Update to keep your Windows computer up-to-date with the latest patches, bug fixes and performance improvements. 5. Perform a Clean Startup Some applications and services may interfere with StarCraft II. By performing a clean startup, you can determine whether a background program or service is the source of the frame rate problem. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications 6. Adjust Visual Settings in Windows Disabling many of the visual enhancements and graphical features within Windows can improve your system’s performance. 7. Check Your Power Options In Balanced and Power Save mode the CPU may not be running up to its full potential all the time. Enable High Performance mode to run the CPU full throttle and maximize system performance and responsiveness. 8. Check Your GPU’s Power Management Mode Another setting to consider is the graphics card’s power management mode setting. If it’s set to ‘Adaptive’, it may run at a lower frequency to conserve power. Setting it to ‘Prefer High Performance’ can increase the frame rate in your games. 9. Disable Windows 10 Game DVR If you face any performance issues while playing games, and if you don’t have any need for it, try disabling Windows 10 Game DVR. 10. Configure or Disable OneDrive If OneDrive is enabled your frame rate may drop if OneDrive synchronizes the folder while you are playing StarCraft II. If you are having frame rate issues and OneDrive is enabled, configuring or disabling it might help. 11. Set Windows for Best Performance for Programs While the ‘Adjust for best performance’ setting in the Advanced System Properties is set to optimize Windows for best performance for programs by default, it is worth checking this setting to ensure it is still the case on your system. 12. Optimize Your Hard Drive Optimizing your hard drive can aid in improving the frame rate in StarCraft II, especially if game assets like textures, models and shaders are loaded at runtime. 13. Check for Overheating Components CPU’s and GPU’s can throttle down performance to compensate for the heat. Make sure your system isn’t overheating. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/check-for-overheating-cpu-or-video-card 14. Scan for Viruses and Malware If the system is running slowly, there is a possibility that it’s infected with a virus or malware. Scan your computer for virues and malware to ensure it’s still clean and not infected. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/running-a-virus-scan 15. Check for Problem Devices Check for problem devices to ensure that there are no conflicts between device drivers or problems with any devices on your system. 16. Disable NVIDIA ShadowPlay & Streaming Service Increase your frame rate and save precious CPU cycles by disabling NVIDIA ShadowPlay & NVIDIA Streaming Service. 17. Temporarily Disable Your Sound Card Disabling your sound card will help you determine if the sound card is the root cause of the low frame rate problem. 18. Check for CPU Hogs Programs that require a lot of CPU resources can slow down your computer. Look for resource wasting programs that you can shut down to free up CPU cycles and check your computer’s CPU usage while playing StarCraft II. 19. Turn Off Search Indexing in Windows Windows Search Indexing is constantly running in the background. For users with a slow computer it can be benificial to turn off Windows Search Indexing. 20. Enable Intel Turbo Boost If your CPU supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology, it can run faster than the noted speeds. Enabling Turbo Boost will result in increased performance in applications and games. 21. Use High Performance Discrete GPU To ensure your games take advantage of the faster graphics card in your system, set the preferred graphics processor setting to the High Performance Graphics Processor. 22. Exit Blizzard App When Launching Games In rare cases, the Blizzard App can cause high CPU load. If the Blizzard App is causing high CPU load on your system, set it to close itself when it launches a game to improve the frame rate in StarCraft. 23. Disable Superfetch Superfetch tries to improve performance by predicting which applications a user is likely to launch and preemptively loads them into RAM. Some players have reported improved game performance with SuperFetch disabled, so disabling it may be worth a shot if you’re experiencing in-game “stutters”. 24. Enable or Disable AMD Turbo Core AMD Turbo Core allows the processor to dynamically adjust the CPU operating frequency. Some users have reported better performance with AMD Turbo Core enabled, while some others have claimed that their fps drops stopped with AMD Turbo Core disabled. If it’s already enabled, try disabling it. If it’s not enabled, turn it on and see if that helps. Please keep in mind that while the suggestions listed above and the ones listed in the PDF document may help improve your PC's performance, they will never be able to improve it beyond the limitations of your system's hardware. If you're still experiencing low fps after that, I'd recommend running a system benchmark (e.g. PassMark) and compare your computer’s performance with the online results to ensure your system is running at the correct performance speeds. Good luck, and happy StarCrafting! Changelog ========== April 19, 2018: Removed outdated steps. May 13, 2016: Initial document release. May 19, 2016: PDF download link changed from Twitter to OneDrive. May 20, 2016: Added "AMD Turbo Core" and fixed typos.Deanx17 27 Dec
04 Oct 2017 COMMON CONNECTION AND LATENCY ISSUES - PC/MAC Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpTiogaradh5 04 Oct 2017
17 Feb 2015 Common Issues & Fixes Hot Topics Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for current service status. For known in-game issues, see here. Windows 10 Windowed Mode KNOWN ISSUE: Resizing the game in 'windowed' mode can cause display and mouse issues. Ingame Performance Issues Please check the new minimum system requirements and update your graphics drivers. Common Issues & Workarounds Click on the type of issue you are experiencing for advice on how to resolve: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck /slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors/DVDs etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Regular disconnections/Unable to connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS/Freezing etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the article, please read this post on how to create an effective thread.Natryndon0 17 Feb 2015
17 Feb 2015 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct.Natryndon2 17 Feb 2015
9h Install SCII on mapped networked drive Peace I have a WD MyBookLive and wanted to install SCII on there instead of my primary HD. However it seems that I'm unable to update the game which also means I can not run/launch game. Any thoughts on how to fix this. Thank youULIKEIT5 9h
15h Lowko announcer missing "not enough pylons" Hello there, Thank you for releasing the Lowko announcer! One thing I noticed is that it doesn't announce there aren't enough pylons when needed. If I'm supply blocked and try to recruit a protoss unit, there's only the text indicator, but I can't hear Lowko. It seems to work in other situations (haven't checked them all), but for terran and zerg it does day I need more supply depots and overlords, respectively.IcePurple2 15h
1d Good computer, internrt, still lags I have computer that should handle sc2 in ultra no problem, yet i play on low and get lag. I have great internet with checkpoint router that cost 900$ Yet i STILL LAG... its like 4 games all good then 2 games lags... Oh i also stream on twitch... Help please..avilo5 1d
1d Can't download and install starcraft 2 Hi, I'm trying to download and install starcraft 2 using the blizzard launcher/installer. I have opened the launcher as administrator and after sitting initialising for maybe 5 or 10 minutes it come up with an error message saying I should run as administrator when installing. I have also tried restarting the computer after deleting the battle.net folder with no change. What can I try next to get it downloading and installing. I have also recently managed to update hearthstone and so the Internet connection etc is fine. ThanksNoremac2 1d
1d Since the last update mouse is gone Everything was fine until the last update. Since then, whenever i lunch game, mouse doesn't work.EdissidE7 1d
1d CO-OP Missions doesn't work in 4.8.2 CO-OP Missions doesn't work, it stucking forever at searching. After 30-40min it want start downloading but stuck at 11% (it shows 0/0B) over 3 hour before i canceled. Reinstalled the game, restarted my router and everything else and work completly through the description of, deleting cache, files, disable firewall and etc nothing works. It worked all fine in 4.8.2 but after the game patched to 4.8.2 co-op simply not working and everything takes longer. Other game modes that sometimes still downloading things still works!Ciso1 1d
5d Co-op mastery counter broken Something is very very wrong with my mastery co-op counter. I reached level 120 and since that moment any victory has not been counted in. Counter bar is full and two rows "level 90 - max level" are displayed below. I need help!Fandal1 5d
5d Problem: Having to redownload old maps. Sometimes I have to redownload maps I already downloaded... (not new versions). How can I stop that? I once preloaded like all the blizzard maps, so I can play them offline. Then I want to play them, and not there. How can I download them permanently...? But also for online play, when I press play offline, it will redownload (for melee maps its about 3300kb) (By the way i have a limited bandwith, so redownloading a korean 300mb - yes 300.000kb - custom map, namely desert strike 3, is even different - for new versions/patches of games I generally visit Flatrate internet cafe). I know the place of the cache, so is the only solution to make a backup of the cache...??? It's not very specific there... Thanks... Why is there not more options for offline users, or atleast performance options to not clear the cache, for whatever reason.Tsetu0 5d
15 Feb Shift+mouse stops cursor moving(mac) Hi, Only at sc2 the mouse stops moving when pressing Shift key at fullscreen-mode. It doesn't freeze total, but renders it almost the same point until i lift my mouse and try again without shift down. I have a logitec G402 mouse with Gaming software installed, if that helps anything.. :) and i'm on a macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, macbookpro late -13.SirNothing0 15 Feb
14 Feb Frequent freeze lag I get frequent 5s freezes in SC2 and in D2 I disconnect all the time and in Overwatch it takes like 2 minutes to log in. Every non-battle.net service works perfectly. The issues only occur in the evenings, but they happen every evening. I've ran PingPlotter to all your European SC2 servers and it seems like the issue is the node et-0-0-3-br01-eqam1.as57976.net, which I believe is a part of battle.net. It frequently spikes over 2k ping.shAdOwArt1 14 Feb
14 Feb StarCraft 2: How to fix freezes Windows 10 /Intel / nVIDIA Since other threads got locked I think this issue deserves a own thread because this problem is annoying that I almost left Sc2 forever. I have had this issue on my gaming laptop with nvidiagtx 1050ti. The problem is SC2 and mostly older games on windows 10 freezes during gameplay. I found that the issue I experienced was related to nvidia "optimus" and windows 10. Sc2 freezes when optimus/windows 10 down scale from high to low/normal performance. You can fix this by making sure the game runs on high performance at all time in nvidia settings and in windows, after that I have not had a single freezes in SC2 or Fallout 4. I made a 40 seconds clip for this and I hope it helps those of you who have same problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlo7UoMunUc You’ve exceeded the maximum character limit of 55aerovinh1 14 Feb
12 Feb No sound I'm using lenovo laptop with windows 10. One day all sounds from SC2 stopped working. Same problem with SC:remaster and no problem with other apps/games. I've read few others forums topics about this issue and followed all steps: - audio isn't muted in game and in windows -output device in game is set to default (the only option) - starcraft isn't muted in windows sound mixer - system was restarted with all services form msconfig disabled. - drivers and operating system are updated - problem persists on built-in speakers and external spekaers connected with minijack No idea what should I do next.FadeOut4 12 Feb
12 Feb Save problems when restarting a mission... Dear Technical Support, When i do a mission and i have completed it, sometimes i want to do another run trying to do better, when i restart the mission for a second run...strangly i cant save anymore? pls help or does anybody have the same problem?Merrijn0 12 Feb
11 Feb SC2 freezes after 20-25 minutes every game Hi all Would love it if someone can help me with this, it's been driving me nuts for months now. Ever since I got a new gaming laptop in April (MSI GT73VR 6RE Titan) StarCraft 2 has been freezing after 20-25 minutes of gameplay. It's ALWAYS within 20-25minutes, it's annoyingly not long enough to finish most Co-op games but it never crashes before the 20 minute mark. The freeze/crash itself is odd - the game just hangs, but it will keep playing audio normally - it will finish whatever music file it was playing or sound file it was playing. If there are any continual background noises in the map then they'll continue playing normally. The sound doesn't loop or just stop like you'd normally expect it to when a game crashes, it just carries on playing normally until it finishes playing whatever sound file was loaded at the time. I can still move the cursor as well and it's the normal animated game cursor - but the game is completely frozen. It won't unfreeze no matter how long I leave it either. Alt-F4 doesn't work. I can't alt tab - well I can press alt-tab and see the selection screen for other apps running, but I can't bring any other apps to the fore-front of the frozen game. I can't use the "show all desktop" button, but I can get the task bar to appear by pressing the keyboard start menu key and left click on it, I just can't bring any menu screens or apps to the front of the screen to actually see them. The only way I can get out of it is to ctrl-alt-del to bring up the blue Windows 10 menu screen and then choose to Sign Out or Shut Down. If I choose sign out, Windows does it immediately without any problems. I don't think it's overheating because I've tried limiting my FPS to 60 and it still does it (using the frame rate limiter commands in the variables.txt). The SC2 FPS counter shows my GPU at a consistent 52 degrees throughout, without ever spiking - especially when it freezes, it's still at 52 degrees. This has happened throughout multiple BIOS versions, NVidia drivers, MSI drivers/utility versions, so I don't think it's dodgy drivers because I've had it over so many driver versions in the last five months. I always do clean installs for drivers too, whenever possible. And the weirdest thing is it doesn't happen in other games! I can play HOTS for hours without any problems. Played Diablo 3 fine, WoW fine, Destiny 2 fine, other Steam games fine. It's just SC2! It's driving me nuts. Anyone have any suggestions? Please!Sagittari36 11 Feb
10 Feb Has the performance gotten worse over the years? Hello! So I used to play SC2 with my friends back in the WoL days and we had a lot of fun. So we fired the game up again, after all these years, about a week ago, and we were quite shocked how badly the game ran. I remember we used to play 3v3 on high settings with no problems at all, maybe at worst the framerate would drop to 30fps, but that was about it. Now, the game would drop to even like 5fps during a battle. What happened? We even tried to lower our settings to low, and while the game still ran fine for a while, it would immediately drop back to 5fps during a battle. The other guys all have new setups, except me, I still rock Phenom II x4, with 1050ti, but even despite them having new computers and me having the same old one, the game runs like !@# for all of us. Did the game got progressively worse and worse with each update? Is it because of Windows 10 (we used to play on win8)? Or is there something wrong with our computers? I checked out some other posts, but everyone with the same issue as ours gets downvoted, so I don't know what to make of it.Frezen4 10 Feb
10 Feb windows 10 freezes i cant play Before i use win7 home premiun 64 bit i dont have problem when İ use Windows 10 home 64 bit. starcraft 2 and legacy of void beta will terrible freezes 30 sec i cant click or something anything sounds everything freze in game and menu same! how can i fix i try sound low graphic low but it doesn't work World of warcraft Works fine and no problem pls helpStalker31 10 Feb
10 Feb Game Freezes I have recently restated playing SC2 Heart of the Swarm. Every game I've played (only played against AI) the screen freezes after a few minutes of gameplay. The mouse cursor is still responsive but nothing else responds and I have to shut down the PC to restart. Every other game I have works fine and many of these games are more graphically demanding. Any suggestions on how I fix this, is this a known issue at the moment, any other details needed?Ralston4 10 Feb
10 Feb F6 won't work in game :( Hi, please help! my f6 key won't work in game, all the other keys are fine. I have tried different keyboards. It works perfectly fine outside of the game (as do all of the other keys on the keyboard) but for some reason F6 just won't cooperate. it's becoming really frustrating now. thanks in advance for any help on the matter!taptap6 10 Feb
07 Feb RX 580 - Black screen issue Hello, I purchased Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void recently and I can only play it at !!!Low!!! settings with the following system, just because it constantly black screens every few seconds with higher settings then Low. The resolution does not matter, because it happens at every resolution. MSI X470 Gaming Plus XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU 16 GB DDR4 RAM bequiet DARK POWER PRO 11 750w Can you please tell me if the bug is on the Starcraft-side or if the bug is AMD related? I really would like to be able to play that game without having to buy new hardware. It's not like that the rx580 is not a very common gpu. Do the programmers only test with Nvidia Gpus? Do other people have this issue to with the rx580?Invader2 07 Feb
09 Feb Forged Robotics Bay Instead of Robotics Facility I was gathering some War Chest XP, and I unlocked tier 9. For Terran and Zerg, I got the Factory and Roach Warren (which is the normal tier 9 unlock). For Protoss, however, I got the Forged Robotics Bay instead of the Robotics Facility. In the war chest menu, it shows that I unlocked the Robotics Facility, but in Skins I can only equip the Robotics Bay. I saw someone else posting about the same problem on the US forums. I will write another post when I unlock tier 10.Sfirro2 09 Feb
06 Feb Zeratul Co-op bug: Malwarefare artifact unreachable As explained in the title, in Co-op, with Zeratul, there was an artifact fragment that spawned in a unreachable position, Basically the 1st objective. Here is a screenshot of me struggling to get the artifact fragment : https://imgur.com/a/M5RRLr2Fezvez1 06 Feb
04 Feb Drag Scroll Bug makes multiplayer unplayable Using the drag scroll function bound to mouse button 4 while moving the cursor makes the game screen jump around while also sometimes centering the cursor to the middle of the screen. The game acts as if the screen has been dragged from the center to the point where the cursor is currently placed, causing twitchy camera movements. Clicking the button repeatedly at the edge of the screen while moving the cursor to replicate the bug can move the screen across the entire map within a few seconds. During combat requiring precise mouse movements or multitasking with fast camera movements the camera can sometimes end up overshooting half way across the map. This makes especially 1v1 versus unplayable. It does not seem to depend on type of screen mode. Mouse drivers are also updated (Steelseries Rival 300). Restarting the game or Windows does not fix the problem either.Islorens1 04 Feb
04 Feb Bug Report: Warp Prism not show on Minimap Hello, in a 1on1 the enemy Warp Prism was not shown on my minimap despite my scout-supply depot seeing it (I could see it when scrolling there, and could click on it). Here is the Replay. Time: 5:30 (top right) https://gggreplays.com/matches/222922Tsetu1 04 Feb
02 Feb Weird problem trying to use F5 as a camera hotkey Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMhJJOYXVdE Text explanation below: I'm trying to set up my cameras to F1, F2, F3 etc. The first four work fine, but when I come to F5 it doesn't do what it's supposed to. I try to map it to fifth camera and have cmd+F5 as create camera location 5 (I use OS X and have the option "use cmd as control" checked). I doesn't work. Whenever I go in-game and try to map something to F5 it maps the location to F1 instead and pressing F5 does nothing. After I leave the game the hotkey has disappeared. Simply leaving options won't make it disapper, I have to start a game. I noticed the default key for create camera location 1 is cmd+F5 so that probably has something to do with it. However I've remapped create camera location 1 and I don't have cmd+f5 even as a secondary key. F5 shows up nowhere else in the hotkeys so it shouldn't do that. I've tried defaulting the camera buttons and re-entering them but it doesn't work. I'd hate to default all keys since none of my keys are default and it's be a !@#$ ton of work without a guaranteed fix. Has anyone else heard of a similiar problem and what might fix it? Or know for a fact that defaulting them would help? Thanks in advance.nappa17 02 Feb
01 Feb Unranked matchmaking Hello! I'm having a problem with 1v1 unranked matches. Every time i try to find an unranked game, i either get a 6 minute search with bronze/silver opponent, or, i find a closer to my level (4k mmr) opponent within ~2 minutes but very rarely. In 1v1 ranked, i'm a 4k mmr player and find games within 30 seconds consistently. At first, i thought maybe i just need to play more unranked games and it's gonna improve so i've played for awhile, but nothing changed at all. I think this requires support attention. I'm asking to look into my unranked mmr and potentially reset it to default value as if i had a fresh account. Edit. A little update. So i decided to make a completely new battlenet account for science. I logged into Starcraft 2 from a new account and queued for an unranked match. Guess what, i found a game in 7 seconds! This really proves that something is wrong with my main account. Please help!rozzalt0 01 Feb
01 Feb Missing Free Name Change in Management Free Character Name change i cannot find since the new update, its no longer on the account management page where do i go to change it?DemonicLust4 01 Feb
01 Feb Profile not loading I had this for years. Whenever I log into Starcraft II my profile picture won't show, I can't look at anything from my profile, can't join groups and start games. This has persisted over multiple installations, operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, even on Linux with wine) and hardware configurations. Last time I played I had to wait 5 minutes (this was about a year ago, best guess), but then my machine was somehow not good enough (played a long time with that very same machine). Now it doesn't even progress in any way. I can't play and I'm really sick of it. I payed for this game and HotS and permanently have issues with it. What's even worse is that it seems to persist since 2010 (use forum search).müsli12 01 Feb
01 Feb Zagara's creep tumors bug Hello, I like to report a bug in Co-op. About more than a week ago, I noticed something odd about creep tumors... I couldn't place them on ramps and on certain terrain. It seemed that different parts of terrain seemed impassable, for example, in Part and Parcel, you can only place tumors in the white areas of the terrain (or was it the dark areas?). Earlier this month, this wasn't an issue... perhaps it was a patch that caused it. Thanks for your time. Cheers =)ZERGB1 01 Feb
31 Jan Starcraft II - crashing a few days ago starcraft started to crash really often ... most of the time i play custom maps like lottery defense (SLD) on the asia servers worked fine for a really long time ... not long ago crashes started to occur ... i cannot reproduce what is happening ... the game simply closes and i get a window with an error code like this: 500BC96E-B564-4FFB-97ED-B95441BAA36F sometimes earlier in the game ... sometimes i can play a little bit longer but it looks like the game is crashing more and more often i tried: scan & repair deleted & reinstalled SC2 on a different drive all drivers are up to date windows update says i have all updates installed no changes in hardware no changeKnackwurst1 31 Jan
31 Jan Not available while initializing game mode hey blizzard WTF? i now download a game but when play online mode it says : "Not available while initializing game mode". How to fix the problem?shayan3 31 Jan
31 Jan SC2 fails to load After I update my graphic card driver SC2 begin to fail while loading. I did everthing as the forum offers nothing worked. But I think after driver update it made my SC2 video settings way too high. Situation was pretty much the same with D3 but manully switching resolution solved it. But interestingly I dont have any variables.txt in the folder. Tried to creating it myself Tried re install SC2 and my gpu driver. didnt worked If anyone knows a way to change video settings with other then those i would be more than happy. Thanks inadvanceOverminD2 31 Jan
31 Jan MacBook/Mac Not Available while initializing game mode Hallo my Friends, I got a Problem I buy my first Macbook and want to play SC2, but a have the Problem form the Topic. I change the Language, don't work. I don't find something for MacBooks/IMacs in this Forum with this Problem. What can I do to fix it? (When you can detailed, first Mac you know, new Operating System ^^')Akayuki1 31 Jan
30 Jan Skins Hi. My skins I purchased does not show in game. I bought the Viking, Thor and Battlecruiser skin but it does not show. For some reason the Zergling skin shows. I used to see the supply depot skin but that too does not show. Seems like it is the Terran race only. Can anyone help?MasterIce1 30 Jan
30 Jan QOL Feature Request Can we please have this awesome feature in the game? https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/516893939425345542/540176088119377961/unknown.png It really bugs me when i switch from LoL/HotS to Starcraft II since the way i move the camera around is so different and I always lose my cursor that way. It's never where i expect it to be. PleaseBaHeToO0 30 Jan
29 Jan Starcraft II Profile Problem Hi Blizzard! So, I have a problem with my Starcraft II profiles. When i check my accunt in the Battle.net wabsite, I see two Starcraft II profile. The first is an empty one. (no achivement, no saves, no commanders) It is called "US-1" The secons is my original profile with my achivements, skins and all other information about my Starcraft II account. It is called "EU-1" I can switch between the two profile. But can you or i delete this "emply" profile? Because a little annoying that I always have to switch to the another.Vandor0 29 Jan
29 Jan Stutter on "Dark Whispers" Hey. I get this serious stutter every two seconds or so on the aforementioned single player mission (First Protoss prologue mission). Starting roughly the moment Kerrigan's base is revealed and her army attacks. The stutter stops completely when she is finished with her attack, and her base is covered by FOW again. The stutter is not connection related, I went offline and it does the same thing. Played through both WoL and HotS with no problems at all. And also played through this same mission and the Protoss campaign a year earlier, with absolutely no problems. For now it seems mission-related. I've tried a couple of solutions, like running the 32-bit client, running in windowed fullscreen, disabling all unnecessary background programs and services etc. All the latest drivers are installed. Graphics settings have no effect on the stuttering. Also tried the "scan and repair" -function. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, since nothing obvious seems to solve this particular issue. Intel Core i5-2320 - 8GB GTX-560 TiBloodInEyes0 29 Jan
26 Jan Can't play offline custom games against AI My internet connection is occasionally extremely poor thanks to my ISP. For these occasions I want to play offline custom games against AI. I have read in a number of places that this is possible (for example: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/12113661460 ), and that to do so you simply have to right-click the desired map in the custom games screen. So I've jumped through all the hoops to start SC2 in offline mode, but nothing happens when I right-click maps in custom games screen, and the "Create game" button is greyed out. Am I missing something here?ribrobatron2 26 Jan
24 Jan Not available while initializing game mode Ever since starcraft went F2P i've had this issue where I cant connect to any match making or online services but it only happens for THIS game any other blizzard game runs perfectly for internet connection. I've tried every fix there is Reinstalling, disabling firewall and setting affinity in task manager but nothing works PLS HELP I AM GETTING VERY SAD!Windrunner2 24 Jan
24 Jan 2560x1440? Keyboard stuttering in windowed fullscreen Any ideas to get WQHD (2560x1440), not only Full HD (1920x1080)? Colors are not beautiful in Full HD. I think it's up to my monitor which does not make a nice quality in 1080p. Windowed mode (fullscreen) works fine in 4k native desktop resolution, but my mouse and keyboard do not work optimal. Lags and dropouts. mmmh. What I see with my eyes on the monitor, the comparison between 1080p and 4K is really a much better picture, more colors, more contrast. In 1080p everything is gray and bad. But when I compare own screenshots between 4K and 1080P, the quality is almost identical. Therefore, I think it is my monitor (bad interpolation), or bad 1080p quality. Thank you very much. I apologize for -nowhere near enough- not being word-perfect, in English.Knarrenheidi0 24 Jan
23 Jan Unable to play game Unable to play game, battle net keeps saying "waiting on another installation or update" and there is nothing. Please help, I only want to play offline one player.Prof5 23 Jan
22 Jan Maps wont load & Initializing game mode forever. Hello. Starcraft doesn't load maps in costume game and when I try to play anything but campaign it just says "initializing game mode" forever. I've had this issue for several years now. I just haven't cared to write a post as I thought it would be solved. It all had been working for at least half a year after starcraft 2 came out. Im playing on an old laptop from 2008, but it runs diablo 3, wow, hots and starcraft 2 campaign on low settings just fine(except large raids in wow). We can rule out router problems and reinstall fixes as I have done those things several times since this bug(I assume!) appeared. I run windows 7 ultimate and have done so for a very long time. It has worked on this exact setup before. I must be honest, im really disappointed in you Blizzard. Always heavy balance issues or weird bugs that apparently takes years to fix. Using Broadband. Cable. Windows 7. Free updated version of Avast. Oh I nearly forgot. I would like help with another issue(maybe the same you tell me). Im half the time having trouble logging in to starcraft 2. It started 6-12 months ago by some battlenet upgrade I think and I started sometimes having failed login attempts when trying to log into battlenet. Im not using the remember me settings. And now its gotten so bad that everytime I want to play Heroes of the Storm, Im logged into battlenet, press play, then it tries to login (in hots) and it fails, and I have to set region and write password to login. At rare occations, I even have to do it several times. Please tell me what you changed/why it is so and/or just fix it. :-/AnotherExamp13 22 Jan
02 Feb Update Shedule and damn speed... Why are we tortured while updating? Even in minimum bandwidth that could be selected, damn thing doesn't allow me to browse the internet properly. I will not so sad if it begins to download but it can not download.adrian3 02 Feb
20 Jan [Mac] Texture blurriness on macOS with Metal(Beta) API I've noticed when trying the Metal beta API for Starcraft 2 the textures on everything looks a little blurry despite having the texture quality setting at "Ultra". This is most noticeable in campaign mode when you are talking to characters between missions (also on the main menu if you have a character background model selected). Both OpenGL 2.1 and OpenGL 4.1 beta does not have this issue. I've tried deleting the variables.txt to make sure that there are no conflicting settings anywhere. Same issue with a freshly generated variables file. My Mac specs are the following: macOS Mojave 10.14.2 late 2018 Mac Mini 6-core i7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD AMD Radeon Vega 64 8GB eGPU connected via Thunderbolt 3 (Monitor is connected to a HDMI out on the Vega.) Screenshots for comparison OpenGL 2.1: https://i.imgur.com/cfhkNOS.jpg https://i.imgur.com/GReQvyW.jpg Metal(Beta): https://i.imgur.com/7X7pBzA.jpg https://i.imgur.com/UbY8EGV.jpg If there are any additional details required, let me know.Beano1 20 Jan
20 Jan Profile error: Terran & Zerg stats mixed Hi, There's something strange with my account. In my Profile Summary, in the TERRAN tab I get this: Gold | Tier 1 BRONZE 3 Your MMR: 0 My real MMR points are below Gold 1, but not so low. Checking the ZERG tab, it says I must complete a series of ranked matches to determine initial league placement, which doesn't make sense, since I've played 32 ranked matches this season. Going to LADDERS -> Current Season, I can see in the left tabs zone: General Info 1V1 Random 1V1 Terran 1V1 Terran 1V1 Protoss so it seems somehow my Zerg stats have somehow turned to Terran. Checking that tab, I see the stats, but the icon shown is for Random (?), and Matchmaking Rating: 0 Can I get this fixed, or can I do something myself to fix it?Metalbrain0 20 Jan
19 Jan Tournament bug Hi I joined a tournament and when i pressed ready it said connecting, as i thought was normal. Then i find out i lost whitout playing. i tryed joining another tournament but same issue acured. so i thought it was a bug or just my game thats wierd so i restarted my pc and tryed again but no same issue. and when this bug happens i cant play any thing because it gets stuck on connecting and loads nothing. Any one that has the same problem? PS: sorry for my bad English grammar.GetRektNooB0 19 Jan
19 Jan Profile Not Loading / Cant play games I've been playing SC2 for some years and I quit & came back, I can't see my profile picture, it's blank, can't change anything in my profile, cant look up things, everything is blank, when I try to enter custom games or lobbies it gives me an Orange : Error , without any codes or text on it... it's really frustratingKoba2 19 Jan