Starcraft II Technical Support

04 Oct COMMON CONNECTION AND LATENCY ISSUES - PC/MAC Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpTiogaradh5 04 Oct
11 Jul StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide Hello everyone! I've noticed quite a few people asking for help with low fps issues in StarCraft II. There are many factors that can affect the frame rate of the games you play and often this issue can be resolved by doing some basic PC housekeeping and walking through some basic troubleshooting steps. Instead of repeating myself, I've decided to write a guide to help those who are experiencing low frame rate issues in the game. The PDF guide can be downloaded here. StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide (PDF) https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4D10C7FFE477F2D1!391&authkey=!AJyeTw3RV0ZXoR8&ithint=file%2cpdf It contains a set of basic troubleshooting tips that may help fix low fps issues in your games. It also covers the NVIDIA video card software settings as well as the StarCraft II in-game settings. I've copied the basic troubleshooting tips from the guide and pasted it below. For the non-tech savvy users among us, I've also included easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions for each troubleshooting tip, which can be found in the PDF document. Without further ado, let's get started. 1. Update Your Video Driver The latest graphics card drivers can sometimes provide a large boost in performance. To ensure the best graphics performance, it’s a good idea to keep your video driver as up-to-date as possible. 2. Reset Your Video Driver Settings If your graphics driver is already up-to-date, try resetting your graphics driver settings. Improperly configured application profile settings can cause low fps and resetting them to default values may help improve your frame rates. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/reset-video-driver-settings 3. Update The System Drivers Keeping all of the major system drivers (chipset, audio, network etc.) up-to-date is essential to the performance of your system. 4. Update Your Operating System Use Windows Update to keep your Windows computer up-to-date with the latest patches, bug fixes and performance improvements. 5. Perform a Clean Startup Some applications and services may interfere with StarCraft II. By performing a clean startup, you can determine whether a background program or service is the source of the frame rate problem. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications 6. Adjust Visual Settings in Windows Disabling many of the visual enhancements and graphical features within Windows can improve your system’s performance. 7. Check Your Power Options In Balanced and Power Save mode the CPU may not be running up to its full potential all the time. Enable High Performance mode to run the CPU full throttle and maximize system performance and responsiveness. 8. Check Your GPU’s Power Management Mode Another setting to consider is the graphics card’s power management mode setting. If it’s set to ‘Adaptive’, it may run at a lower frequency to conserve power. Setting it to ‘Prefer High Performance’ can increase the frame rate in your games. 9. Disable Windows 10 Game DVR If you face any performance issues while playing games, and if you don’t have any need for it, try disabling Windows 10 Game DVR. 10. Configure or Disable OneDrive If OneDrive is enabled your frame rate may drop if OneDrive synchronizes the folder while you are playing StarCraft II. If you are having frame rate issues and OneDrive is enabled, configuring or disabling it might help. 11. Set Windows for Best Performance for Programs While the ‘Adjust for best performance’ setting in the Advanced System Properties is set to optimize Windows for best performance for programs by default, it is worth checking this setting to ensure it is still the case on your system. 12. Optimize Your Hard Drive Optimizing your hard drive can aid in improving the frame rate in StarCraft II, especially if game assets like textures, models and shaders are loaded at runtime. 13. Check for Overheating Components CPU’s and GPU’s can throttle down performance to compensate for the heat. Make sure your system isn’t overheating. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/check-for-overheating-cpu-or-video-card 14. Scan for Viruses and Malware If the system is running slowly, there is a possibility that it’s infected with a virus or malware. Scan your computer for virues and malware to ensure it’s still clean and not infected. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/running-a-virus-scan 15. Check for Problem Devices Check for problem devices to ensure that there are no conflicts between device drivers or problems with any devices on your system. 16. Use the StarCraft II 32-bit Game Client If you’re running a 64-bit Operating System and are experiencing frame rate issues when using the 64-bit game client, try using the 32-bit client instead. Some players have reported better fps with the 32-bit game client. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/toggling-32bit-mode 17. Disable NVIDIA ShadowPlay & Streaming Service Increase your frame rate and save precious CPU cycles by disabling NVIDIA ShadowPlay & NVIDIA Streaming Service. 18. Temporarily Disable Your Sound Card Disabling your sound card will help you determine if the sound card is the root cause of the low frame rate problem. 19. Check for CPU Hogs Programs that require a lot of CPU resources can slow down your computer. Look for resource wasting programs that you can shut down to free up CPU cycles and check your computer’s CPU usage while playing StarCraft II. 20. Turn Off Search Indexing in Windows Windows Search Indexing is constantly running in the background. For users with a slow computer it can be benificial to turn off Windows Search Indexing. 21. Enable Intel Turbo Boost If your CPU supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology, it can run faster than the noted speeds. Enabling Turbo Boost will result in increased performance in applications and games. 22. Use High Performance Discrete GPU To ensure your games take advantage of the faster graphics card in your system, set the preferred graphics processor setting to the High Performance Graphics Processor. 23. Exit Blizzard App When Launching Games In rare cases, the Blizzard App can cause high CPU load. If the Blizzard App is causing high CPU load on your system, set it to close itself when it launches a game to improve the frame rate in StarCraft. 24. Disable Superfetch Superfetch tries to improve performance by predicting which applications a user is likely to launch and preemptively loads them into RAM. Some players have reported improved game performance with SuperFetch disabled, so disabling it may be worth a shot if you’re experiencing in-game “stutters”. 25. Enable or Disable AMD Turbo Core AMD Turbo Core allows the processor to dynamically adjust the CPU operating frequency. Some users have reported better performance with AMD Turbo Core enabled, while some others have claimed that their fps drops stopped with AMD Turbo Core disabled. If it’s already enabled, try disabling it. If it’s not enabled, turn it on and see if that helps. Please keep in mind that while the suggestions listed above and the ones listed in the PDF document may help improve your PC's performance, they will never be able to improve it beyond the limitations of your system's hardware. If you're still experiencing low fps after that, I'd recommend running a system benchmark (e.g. PassMark) and compare your computer’s performance with the online results to ensure your system is running at the correct performance speeds. Good luck, and happy StarCrafting! Changelog ========== May 13, 2016: Initial document release. May 19, 2016: PDF download link changed from Twitter to OneDrive. May 20, 2016: Added "AMD Turbo Core" and fixed typos.Deanx6 11 Jul
17 Feb Ending Support for Windows XP and Vista Starting later this year, we will begin the process of ending support for Windows XP and Windows Vista in World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm. Microsoft ceased mainstream support for these versions of Windows in 2009 and 2012, respectively, but since a decent portion of our audience was still using them at the time, we continued supporting them. However, there have been three major Windows releases since Vista, and at this point, the vast majority of our audience has upgraded to one of the newer versions. After these older operating systems are no longer supported, the games will not run on them, so we encourage any players who are still using one of the older OSes to upgrade to a newer version. We’ll be rolling out this change on a staggered schedule, and will post further notices as we get closer to making the change for each game.Radathryl0 17 Feb
17 Feb 2015 Legacy of the Void Common Issues & Fixes Hot Topics Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for current service status. For known in-game issues, see here. Windows 10 Windowed Mode KNOWN ISSUE: Resizing the game in 'windowed' mode can cause display and mouse issues. Ingame Performance Issues Please check the new minimum system requirements and update your graphics drivers. Common Issues & Workarounds Click on the type of issue you are experiencing for advice on how to resolve: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck /slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors/DVDs etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Regular disconnections/Unable to connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS/Freezing etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the article, please read this post on how to create an effective thread.Natryndon0 17 Feb 2015
17 Feb 2015 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help you: Ananda Cazzéh Celiby Danellos DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon Saneko ShammozNatryndon2 17 Feb 2015
7m Lags(DELAY/LATENCY) after 4.0/4.0.1 update Hi everybody, So after i downloaded newest patch today, all the ladder games I played were laggy (4 games played in the span of maybe 3 hours)(1 - 2 sec delay). My internet connection should not be a problem since before this upgrade i was not having lag issues at all (day, maybe two before update). I was wondering if anyone is experiencing same issues ? Or does someone have a clue to how to solve this lags ? ThanksPeterSVK52 7m
25m how to change ingame name ? please some1 reply how can i change ingame name? i tried changing battle name but still same name i had...please helpsage1 25m
29m Can seem to find Heart of the Swarm? I bought Starcraft 2 ages ago but I can't seem to find the free Heart of the Swarm. Can someone help please?KingDuck16 29m
55m clientsidecache_read_bad_hash Hi everyone. Please help. Whenever I try to play online i get an error message. clientsidecache_read_bad_hash. Tried DNS flush Tried Scan and repair. It said no repair needed. Couldn`t find anything online. Thank youGuyver0 55m
1h Can't play at Starcraft2 When i try to play at Starcraft2 i load the game and click on play but the game say we cannot find our graphic cardSaizo9 1h
1h Wrong patch notes sorting on website When you click the "show all patch notes" link in the Blizzard app it goes to http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/game/patch-notes/ which has a problem where it sorts the patch notes wrong because it thinks 3.8 > 3.11Stanzilla6 1h
2h 'Phase Smith Commander' Achievement Pop-Up It's not really a big issue more of a small bug i suppose, just wanted to report it anyway (and hope this is the right place?). Every time i log into Starcraft 2 the 'Phase Smith Commander' achievement pops up (as if i had just gotten it). It then also shows up as the most recent achievement with the current date.yaboyari0 2h
3h [Crash] SC2 not responding when exiting Hey, for a few days now, every time I quit SC2 regularly (menu, quit), the game just freezes... And after a click, it fades white and the Win7-dialogue "not responding, wait?" comes. There were no major changes in my software during that time. I run Win7 x64 on an i5-2500 with 8 GB Ram and a GTX 560. Any help or Ideas would be appreciated.cyone4 3h
3h i keep getting zagara 3 out of 4 games where i selected random commander i got zagara. twice in a row at the end. something needs to be done.andreasasp0 3h
9h "not available while initializing game mode" Hello.. Yesterday after a match my game stopped working, i can play the campaign but multiplayer stoped working. i can see the custom rooms but they have no pictures of the game or the names of the players and i cant join none of them.. When im trying to play co op the ready buttom is grayed and i cant press it. when i put my mouse on it, it says : " Not available while intializing game mode". ( Same for versus) .Snuper6 9h
1d SC2 freezes after 20-25 minutes every game Hi all Would love it if someone can help me with this, it's been driving me nuts for months now. Ever since I got a new gaming laptop in April (MSI GT73VR 6RE Titan) StarCraft 2 has been freezing after 20-25 minutes of gameplay. It's ALWAYS within 20-25minutes, it's annoyingly not long enough to finish most Co-op games but it never crashes before the 20 minute mark. The freeze/crash itself is odd - the game just hangs, but it will keep playing audio normally - it will finish whatever music file it was playing or sound file it was playing. If there are any continual background noises in the map then they'll continue playing normally. The sound doesn't loop or just stop like you'd normally expect it to when a game crashes, it just carries on playing normally until it finishes playing whatever sound file was loaded at the time. I can still move the cursor as well and it's the normal animated game cursor - but the game is completely frozen. It won't unfreeze no matter how long I leave it either. Alt-F4 doesn't work. I can't alt tab - well I can press alt-tab and see the selection screen for other apps running, but I can't bring any other apps to the fore-front of the frozen game. I can't use the "show all desktop" button, but I can get the task bar to appear by pressing the keyboard start menu key and left click on it, I just can't bring any menu screens or apps to the front of the screen to actually see them. The only way I can get out of it is to ctrl-alt-del to bring up the blue Windows 10 menu screen and then choose to Sign Out or Shut Down. If I choose sign out, Windows does it immediately without any problems. I don't think it's overheating because I've tried limiting my FPS to 60 and it still does it (using the frame rate limiter commands in the variables.txt). The SC2 FPS counter shows my GPU at a consistent 52 degrees throughout, without ever spiking - especially when it freezes, it's still at 52 degrees. This has happened throughout multiple BIOS versions, NVidia drivers, MSI drivers/utility versions, so I don't think it's dodgy drivers because I've had it over so many driver versions in the last five months. I always do clean installs for drivers too, whenever possible. And the weirdest thing is it doesn't happen in other games! I can play HOTS for hours without any problems. Played Diablo 3 fine, WoW fine, Destiny 2 fine, other Steam games fine. It's just SC2! It's driving me nuts. Anyone have any suggestions? Please!Sagittari13 1d
1d Holy Macromony achievement <-- Horner I have tried 4 times to get this achievement and still doesn't work. Is this some weird way of counting ? It is not many missions where you could actually getting since Cool-down on units is so slow.WhiSpeR0 1d
1d Disconnecting after minutes every multi game. After updating to 4.0.0,I can't seem to play multiplayer anymore. Any match I join,I just disconnect. I play perfectly fine for 3, 6, 10 minutes, without any lag spikes. Then it does that "Trying to reconnect thing" and I'm forced to surrender. Every. Game. I've also tried to fix this, analizing the game, clearing the caches, but nothing worked. Gotta try reinstalling it, but I wonder why I'm the only one who's having this problem. It's been really frustrating, I bought SC2 just five months ago and now it's free, and I can't even play it... Did I waste 35 euros? Somebody please help me.LordVandor6 1d
1d starcraft 2 crashed my pc incompatibility between my sound card an the game caused an invalid_kernel_handle. i have 2 sound cards; intel skjermlyd and Realtek High Definition Audio. i am not sure which one it is that cause bluescreen but because i was in the middle of a co-op game, i lost but my ally won so only i was punished for losing.andreasasp0 1d
1d If you can't claim HOTS gift, do it from browser As this appears to be a common issue and i had already talked to tech support, it appears that you can claim gifts from your account through web browser. So if you do not see the gift icon in battle.net app, just go to browser, log in to your account and click on the top right part with your name. A drop-down will appear and you have a GIFT tab.Sasha2 1d
1d Problem on EU server So,I was playing Starcraft 2 with a friend and the game suddenly popped a window of reconnection even though I hadn't any internet issue. My only solution was to surrender. But the game didn't wanted to so I decided to close it myself. When I reconnected,the game don't want to log me in... "connecting to blizzard service" for hours but still don't log in. I tried to log on US and CHINESE servers and it worked as well ! So I'm wondering why I can't log on EU server ?... It's appeared today at 03:38 AM. There is the MTR MTR: Start: Wed Nov 22 12:50:17 2017 HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1.|-- Blizzard 0.0% 10 0.6 1.8 0.4 7.3 2.8 2.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 3.|-- 137.221.66.32 0.0% 10 0.8 0.9 0.8 0.9 0.0 4.|-- 137.221.77.70 0.0% 10 0.7 0.8 0.7 0.9 0.0 5.|-- 137.221.77.34 0.0% 10 0.4 0.5 0.4 0.6 0.0 6.|-- tengige2-14-0-0.auvtr4.aubervilliers.opentransit.net 0.0% 10 0.8 4.4 0.8 8.2 2.4 7.|-- et-12-1-1-0.pastr3.paris03.opentransit.net 0.0% 10 1.1 1.3 0.6 4.1 0.8 8.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 22/11/2017 12:56:04 UTC -------------------- TRACEROUTE: traceroute to 90.100.88.235 (90.100.88.235), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 gateway (Blizzard) 0.403 ms 0.404 ms 0.468 ms 2 * * * 3 37.244.10.100 (37.244.10.100) 0.884 ms 0.980 ms 0.992 ms 4 137.221.65.29 (137.221.65.29) 6.748 ms 6.766 ms 6.763 ms 5 137.221.80.32 (137.221.80.32) 6.356 ms 6.376 ms 6.566 ms 6 xe-3-0-11-0-0.ffttr6.frankfurt.opentransit.net (193.251.249.55) 12.149 ms 8.955 ms 8.908 ms 7 * * * 8 * * * 9 * * * 10 * * * 11 * * * 12 * * * 13 * * * 14 * * * 15 * * * 22/11/2017 12:56:04 UTC -------------------- And here are the pathping ! Microsoft Windows [version 10.0.15063] (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés. C:\WINDOWS\system32>pathping 185.60.112.157 Détermination de l’itinéraire vers 185.60.112.157 avec un maximum de 30 sauts. 0 DESKTOP-M05PTMJ.home [192.168.1.14] 1 livebox.home [192.168.1.1] 2 80.10.233.157 3 ae105-0.ncdij202.Dijon.francetelecom.net [193.253.91.146] 4 ae42-0.nistr102.Strasbourg.francetelecom.net [193.252.160.118] 5 ae40-0.nistr201.Schiltigheim.francetelecom.net [81.253.180.117] 6 193.252.137.82 7 blizzard-2.gw.opentransit.net [193.251.249.54] 8 ae1-br01-eqfr5.blizzardonline.net [137.221.80.33] 9 * * * Traitement des statistiques pendant 200 secondes... Source vers ici Ce nœud/lien Saut RTT Perdu/Envoyé = % Perdu/Envoyé = % Adresse 0 DESKTOP-M05PTMJ.home [192.168.1.14] 0/ 100 = 0% | 1 0ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% livebox.home [192.168.1.1] 0/ 100 = 0% | 2 4ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 80.10.233.157 0/ 100 = 0% | 3 7ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae105-0.ncdij202.Dijon.francetelecom.net [193.253.91.146] 0/ 100 = 0% | 4 13ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae42-0.nistr102.Strasbourg.francetelecom.net [193.252.160.118] 0/ 100 = 0% | 5 12ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae40-0.nistr201.Schiltigheim.francetelecom.net [81.253.180.117] 0/ 100 = 0% | 6 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 193.252.137.82 0/ 100 = 0% | 7 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% blizzard-2.gw.opentransit.net [193.251.249.54] 0/ 100 = 0% | 8 15ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae1-br01-eqfr5.blizzardonline.net [137.221.80.33] Itinéraire déterminé. C:\WINDOWS\system32>pathping 185.60.112.158 Détermination de l’itinéraire vers 185.60.112.158 avec un maximum de 30 sauts. 0 DESKTOP-M05PTMJ.home [192.168.1.14] 1 livebox.home [192.168.1.1] 2 80.10.233.157 3 ae105-0.ncdij202.Dijon.francetelecom.net [193.253.91.146] 4 ae42-0.nistr102.Strasbourg.francetelecom.net [193.252.160.118] 5 ae40-0.nistr201.Schiltigheim.francetelecom.net [81.253.180.117] 6 193.252.137.82 7 blizzard-2.gw.opentransit.net [193.251.249.54] 8 ae1-br01-eqfr5.blizzardonline.net [137.221.80.33] 9 * * * Traitement des statistiques pendant 200 secondes... Source vers ici Ce nœud/lien Saut RTT Perdu/Envoyé = % Perdu/Envoyé = % Adresse 0 DESKTOP-M05PTMJ.home [192.168.1.14] 0/ 100 = 0% | 1 0ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% livebox.home [192.168.1.1] 0/ 100 = 0% | 2 4ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 80.10.233.157 0/ 100 = 0% | 3 7ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae105-0.ncdij202.Dijon.francetelecom.net [193.253.91.146] 0/ 100 = 0% | 4 12ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae42-0.nistr102.Strasbourg.francetelecom.net [193.252.160.118] 0/ 100 = 0% | 5 12ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae40-0.nistr201.Schiltigheim.francetelecom.net [81.253.180.117] 0/ 100 = 0% | 6 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 193.252.137.82 0/ 100 = 0% | 7 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% blizzard-2.gw.opentransit.net [193.251.249.54] 0/ 100 = 0% | 8 15ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae1-br01-eqfr5.blizzardonline.net [137.221.80.33] Itinéraire déterminé. C:\WINDOWS\system32>pathping 185.60.114.159 Détermination de l’itinéraire vers 185.60.114.159 avec un maximum de 30 sauts. 0 DESKTOP-M05PTMJ.home [192.168.1.14] 1 livebox.home [192.168.1.1] 2 80.10.233.157 3 ae105-0.ncdij202.Dijon.francetelecom.net [193.253.91.146] 4 ae42-0.nistr102.Strasbourg.francetelecom.net [193.252.160.118] 5 ae40-0.nistr201.Schiltigheim.francetelecom.net [81.253.180.117] 6 193.252.137.82 7 blizzard-2.gw.opentransit.net [193.251.249.54] 8 ae1-br01-eqfr5.blizzardonline.net [137.221.80.33] 9 * * * Traitement des statistiques pendant 200 secondes... Source vers ici Ce nœud/lien Saut RTT Perdu/Envoyé = % Perdu/Envoyé = % Adresse 0 DESKTOP-M05PTMJ.home [192.168.1.14] 0/ 100 = 0% | 1 0ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% livebox.home [192.168.1.1] 0/ 100 = 0% | 2 4ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 80.10.233.157 0/ 100 = 0% | 3 7ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae105-0.ncdij202.Dijon.francetelecom.net [193.253.91.146] 0/ 100 = 0% | 4 13ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae42-0.nistr102.Strasbourg.francetelecom.net [193.252.160.118] 0/ 100 = 0% | 5 12ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae40-0.nistr201.Schiltigheim.francetelecom.net [81.253.180.117] 0/ 100 = 0% | 6 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 193.252.137.82 0/ 100 = 0% | 7 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% blizzard-2.gw.opentransit.net [193.251.249.54] 0/ 100 = 0% | 8 15ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae1-br01-eqfr5.blizzardonline.net [137.221.80.33] Itinéraire déterminé.Mimikkyu0 1d
1d Performance issue Hello so I will go straight for the problem my frames just vanish when there is a lot of stuff going on the screen. usually in 1v1 the game runs fine till my opponent sends his army to mine and then its just "A" -click- for me cause the frames drop. Now when I was playing with my friend Co-op I noticed something. near the end of the mission my and his max army was fighting off the boss things... and yeah I had like 4-5 fps at that point. but when we defeated them the game ended we lost control but we where still in the game and the fps went back to normal. even tho all the units where there and all.(It was the game ended screen) So my interest is if the fps drop can be improved or not. I did notice that all HUD and unit selection was removed and such. could this be the cause of fps drop? I am just assuming things and have no follow up or anything... just wanna increase my got damn frames on the potato i'm using to play games. :DFeikas9 1d
1d Remember Account - does not remember I wonder why there is Remember Account option, because whenever I check that option it NEVER remembers it. And I am the only one playing SC2 on my computer... So yeah, pretty annoying..MarkaN10 1d
1d Han Horner achievment Hi! Having trouble with the You're the bomb achievement. Have been bombing away since it first came out but no reward. Anybody else having same problem?MrMoskow3 1d
1d [macOS] Game crashes upon creating custom game lobby Hi, is anybody experiencing this? Since 4.0 I can't create any custom game lobbies anymore. The game crashes right after I clicked the 'Create Lobby' button and even before showing the lobby screen. Crash ID: 415AB55A-D8F4-4246-9A9F-3B5DB266FD95 The rest of the game seems ok so far, but I haven't had much time for testing. I run on a MacBook Pro with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M from 2014 on the latest High Sierra. Edit: I tried 'Scan & Repair' but it didn't change anything. Have not yet tried a complete reinstall. Edit2: Reinstall doesn't help either.Neonsamurai12 1d
2d Unable to join in-game channel I'm trying to join the in-game channel 'DSCL' on EU. If I use '/join DSCL' it adds me to a channel called 'dscl' (lowercase) and I'm the only one in there. Friends have confirmed there is a chat channel 'DSCL' that they and others are in. When checking 'view members' this is what I get: https://imgur.com/a/2uVdr Joining other channels seems to give no issues. The channel is certainly not full. Me and my friends are all logged onto EU as I can play with them. I've tried restarting my client, rebooting, leaving every channel and trying to rejoin. I don't see anymore viable options, what do I do?Weiman1 2d
2d Possible Bug Found "Temple of the Past" Co-op After the 1st Void Thrasher showed up, Rohana stopped talking. Her portrait would still appear but she would not say anything. The mission won't end as well.Naerys1 2d
2d 2 isssues hey first of all i got problem with ingame name i changed my battlenet name but it doesnt apply on sc2 ingame name, did i miss something? 2nd since last patch game being extremely laggy for me, i think i played it while it was downloading new patch, should i re-install sc2 again to fix issue? any reply would be much appreciatedsage0 2d
2d High Sierra update Hi! Has anyone noticed a drop in performance since the High Sierra update?Zelos18 2d
2d Occasionally thrown into a load screen from main menu Anyone know what's up with this? Only seems to happen if I have a longer session.PerkPrincess1 2d
2d Can't play LOTV main story, but bought LOTV before f2p As I said in the title, around 2 weeks before SC2 went free to play, I entered the CD key onto battle.net and I played a few ladder games, now that the game has gone f2p it says 'purchase to play'. I never got round to playing the campaign but now I tried to and it's telling me to buy a game I've already bought. Any help would be greatly appreciated.samzR1 2d
2d "Unable to open saved game" - Campaign Hi, All of the sudden today I was suddenly unable to open any saved games in my campaign. I played the nova corps missions and was able to load during first mission, but after it appears as if I am not able to load any saved games (doubt it had anything to do with the mission though). I just get the error message "Unable to open saved game", both from my own saves and from the autosaves from the mission "check-points". If i open the "save file folder" they are all there. Anyone who have had a similar problem or a solution to this? Thanks in advance for input/help!Jugelum16 2d
2d Game crashes on "Create Lobby" in Custom. Game crashes when trying to "Create Lobby" in Custom. This started after the big november update. It happens every time I try, no exceptions. I can join an existing lobby without problems. Last errorID: F9249185-9A5D-4152-9ECE-D2FD2F12BF39Rage2 2d
2d Upgrades for units which can't be produced I noticed after the update that Zagara needs some better finetuning. Currently we get upgrades at: - Lvl 6 Zergling Upgrade Cache - Lvl 11 Baneling Nest Upgrade But these units cannot be produced until: - Lvl 12 Zerglings? - Lvl 14 Banelings? Whats the point of obtaining upgrades for units that can't be produced until later level? Shouldn't it be the other way around?TonZa2 2d
2d Can't reconnect bug Since patch 4.0, if my connection is lost for a short time, I can never reconnect, even if my connection is restored in 10 sec and my only option invariably is to surrender. Please make the reconnection possible or replace the deceiving "attempting to reconnect" window to a instant quit to menu. Thank you!bogel2 2d
2d can't play co-op or multiplayer i have a feeling it's something to do with my account, when i click campaigns, it shows me at 0% achievements for each, and when i go to co-op, it doesn't show any missions, and wont let me click ready when my friend tries to set it up. i tried re-installing the game, and it didn't change anything oh another thing is when i come to close starcraft 2, it hangs... hopefully it's something easy, thanks :)STEVE6 2d
3d *Not available while etc* Blizzard for F sake!! This problem existed for SO long and its not still fixed!!! and funny part is forum is full of this problem! whenever i log into my account, ANY mod that i click on have Ready button greyed out with "Not Available while initializing game mode" on it when i hold my mouse on it! none of my progresses are displayed, not coop commanders levels not my ingame profile picture not achievements and NOTHING! the only thing which is functional is Campaign! i did relog changed region deleted files in my document redownload and etc! NOTHING!!! i do believe this problem is coming from connection and i also DO BELIEVE its YOUR *refer to blizzard* fault! because i dont have such problem with ANY other online game! not even other blizzard games! please fix it already!!... i gave you full price of the game and i do expect your full game and support!Arsham2 3d
3d Can't play Heart of Swarm Campaign - Please help Hi, I purchased HoTS through battle.net and downloaded around 12gig of data, however when I launch the game and go to Campaigns there are 3 boxes at the top Wings of Liberty, Heart of the Swarm and Challange Missions, clicking on Heart of the Swarm there is only an option to "Watch Movie" and nothing to actually start the campaign. I have ensure HoTS is selected from the game play options drop-down box but still not workingalphalanger35 3d
3d Coop commander issue I have played some coop games today but the commanders that I bought before the new free to play patch is locked. Says that my level is capped and I need to buy it. Is it a bug ?NiZzex4 3d
3d Wrong recommended settings and poor performance? I've upgraded my PC a while ago, currently using a Ryzen@3,5ghz and a GTX 1060. Yet SC2 suggests Mid-High graphic settings and can drop quite low when I'm playing on Ultra. I've used the already installed files from my older System to play SC2, could this be causing the problem? The SC2 repair function didn't help though. Is this a problem or is SC2 just running on High with those specs?Kafkaesk4 3d
3d Wrong link on support page Link to Technical Support Forums on this page leads to Heroes of the Storm forums: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/24032 . I spent 10 minutes searching for a way from HotS forum to SC2 forum :).freopen1 3d
4d Ghost Skin [Not received] Hello, as I understand from http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/21173629/starcraft-ii-going-free-to-play-explained-11-3-2017 a ghost skin should be available for those who have purchased all SC2 games (expansions). I have updated the client, got into the game, received the portraits but am still missing the ghost skin. Please advise.Gromster11 4d
4d No XP and Lagging for Co-op? I have played several Co-op games today. They all lagged through each game and did not give me any XP except one game. During my first game, my partner asked me if I have "also" been getting 0 XP. Later my screen went black except for a mouse pointer. The one game that I got XP, the score screen didn't show up, but my commander level did increase. For every other game after that, the game brought me straight to Co-op menu without giving me any XP. The game also says "Achievement Service has been Restored" or something of that sort in yellow in the comment section. I know it's not my computer's problem, because I had Geek Squad install everything I needed to run SC2 and I don't put the graphic on ridiculous settings. My internet is also fine. I could stream HD videos with no problem and I test its speed on Ookla. I suspect it's the Free to Play that caused the servers to be overwhelmed and disconnecting/reconnecting my game repeatedly during a match.PooBlob7 4d
4d Error2:-2000 Can't start SCll I was at level 3 with Han and Horner purchased and all other coop character level got messed up yesterday 11/15/2017. I tried to lock in today and keep getting error messages from all the regions that I tried.Skywalker22 4d
4d WTF is going on I'll prefix this by saying i had 0 problems before f2p and 0 changes to hardware/software set up. I can't even play vs AI anymore, the 64 bit client has been royally !@#$ed for me since F2P, can get into games but game only updates every 3 seconds. I got around this by switching to 32 bit (have a 64 bit system can post specs if needed), and since the latest fix this now has the same issue. i get around 40mbps of internet even at peak times. Please help.Spyder6 4d
4d Game has suddenly stopped working So I went to play the game last night and it stated that it needed to update. I did so and halfway through it says 'something went wrong with a file. We're not sure what caused it so please try again or click the code below for information.' I tried it again, no luck, tried the code and their guide, including attempting to repair it but the same message keeps coming up. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but the message appears every time. Any ideas?Linvalia1 4d
4d Suddenly Unplayable Lagging out something fierce since the F2P patch went live, no problems prior anyone know why/have any information on how/when it will be fixed?Spyder15 4d
4d [Bug] Coop mission not ending - Void Trashing Hi, I just played a coop mission on Brutal in EU with random teamate. I played as Han & Horner. My teamate was playing as Nova. I was level 9. Nova was level 13 I believe. We trashed every void trasher as I have did many times, but the game did not end, we destroyed everything on the map, including our own base, to try to end it, but it didnt. We left @30 min. The end game report stated "in progress" and gave xp for objectives and times etc. but not for mission complete. SO far less than expected. We had all objectives checked. I didn't notice anything wrong during the game. I have screenshot, and replay if need be.Robert1 4d
4d Game working fine but No Cinematics! Hi guys. I love playing Starcraft sind the first one. My dekstop is more than enough for running Starcraft 2 at full force but i have a very irritating problem. The cinematic scenes just do not work. For exemple the cinematic "Public Enemy" with Raynor doens't work because it needs to be downloaded. I try to find it so i can do the donwload but nothing. Does someone has the same issue?MoreanesCity3 4d
4d Another copy of Blizzard setup is already running Hi guys, yesterday after finishing playing SC2, my battle.net app wanted to restart due to applying new patch. So when I clicked on "Exit Battle.net and restart" after waiting for like an hour a got this error: "Another copy of Blizzard setup is already running on this computer. Please close it and try again. Error code: BLZBNTBTS0000000B" Nothing from this page didn't helped me: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/26505 When I tried to reinstall the Battle.net app I'm still getting this error even though I deleted all battle.net folders and files on my Mac. Does anybody know how to fix this? I can't even install it right now, still getting the same error. Thank you very much in advance!Tomasenko0 4d