Starcraft II Technical Support

27 Dec StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide Hello everyone! I've noticed quite a few people asking for help with low fps issues in StarCraft II. There are many factors that can affect the frame rate of the games you play and often this issue can be resolved by doing some basic PC housekeeping and walking through some basic troubleshooting steps. Instead of repeating myself, I've decided to write a guide to help those who are experiencing low frame rate issues in the game. The PDF guide can be downloaded here. StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide (PDF) https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4D10C7FFE477F2D1!391&authkey=!AJyeTw3RV0ZXoR8&ithint=file%2cpdf It contains a set of basic troubleshooting tips that may help fix low fps issues in your games. It also covers the NVIDIA video card software settings as well as the StarCraft II in-game settings. I've copied the basic troubleshooting tips from the guide and pasted it below. For the non-tech savvy users among us, I've also included easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions for each troubleshooting tip, which can be found in the PDF document. Without further ado, let's get started. 1. Update Your Video Driver The latest graphics card drivers can sometimes provide a large boost in performance. To ensure the best graphics performance, it’s a good idea to keep your video driver as up-to-date as possible. 2. Reset Your Video Driver Settings If your graphics driver is already up-to-date, try resetting your graphics driver settings. Improperly configured application profile settings can cause low fps and resetting them to default values may help improve your frame rates. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/reset-video-driver-settings 3. Update The System Drivers Keeping all of the major system drivers (chipset, audio, network etc.) up-to-date is essential to the performance of your system. 4. Update Your Operating System Use Windows Update to keep your Windows computer up-to-date with the latest patches, bug fixes and performance improvements. 5. Perform a Clean Startup Some applications and services may interfere with StarCraft II. By performing a clean startup, you can determine whether a background program or service is the source of the frame rate problem. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications 6. Adjust Visual Settings in Windows Disabling many of the visual enhancements and graphical features within Windows can improve your system’s performance. 7. Check Your Power Options In Balanced and Power Save mode the CPU may not be running up to its full potential all the time. Enable High Performance mode to run the CPU full throttle and maximize system performance and responsiveness. 8. Check Your GPU’s Power Management Mode Another setting to consider is the graphics card’s power management mode setting. If it’s set to ‘Adaptive’, it may run at a lower frequency to conserve power. Setting it to ‘Prefer High Performance’ can increase the frame rate in your games. 9. Disable Windows 10 Game DVR If you face any performance issues while playing games, and if you don’t have any need for it, try disabling Windows 10 Game DVR. 10. Configure or Disable OneDrive If OneDrive is enabled your frame rate may drop if OneDrive synchronizes the folder while you are playing StarCraft II. If you are having frame rate issues and OneDrive is enabled, configuring or disabling it might help. 11. Set Windows for Best Performance for Programs While the ‘Adjust for best performance’ setting in the Advanced System Properties is set to optimize Windows for best performance for programs by default, it is worth checking this setting to ensure it is still the case on your system. 12. Optimize Your Hard Drive Optimizing your hard drive can aid in improving the frame rate in StarCraft II, especially if game assets like textures, models and shaders are loaded at runtime. 13. Check for Overheating Components CPU’s and GPU’s can throttle down performance to compensate for the heat. Make sure your system isn’t overheating. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/check-for-overheating-cpu-or-video-card 14. Scan for Viruses and Malware If the system is running slowly, there is a possibility that it’s infected with a virus or malware. Scan your computer for virues and malware to ensure it’s still clean and not infected. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/running-a-virus-scan 15. Check for Problem Devices Check for problem devices to ensure that there are no conflicts between device drivers or problems with any devices on your system. 16. Disable NVIDIA ShadowPlay & Streaming Service Increase your frame rate and save precious CPU cycles by disabling NVIDIA ShadowPlay & NVIDIA Streaming Service. 17. Temporarily Disable Your Sound Card Disabling your sound card will help you determine if the sound card is the root cause of the low frame rate problem. 18. Check for CPU Hogs Programs that require a lot of CPU resources can slow down your computer. Look for resource wasting programs that you can shut down to free up CPU cycles and check your computer’s CPU usage while playing StarCraft II. 19. Turn Off Search Indexing in Windows Windows Search Indexing is constantly running in the background. For users with a slow computer it can be benificial to turn off Windows Search Indexing. 20. Enable Intel Turbo Boost If your CPU supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology, it can run faster than the noted speeds. Enabling Turbo Boost will result in increased performance in applications and games. 21. Use High Performance Discrete GPU To ensure your games take advantage of the faster graphics card in your system, set the preferred graphics processor setting to the High Performance Graphics Processor. 22. Exit Blizzard App When Launching Games In rare cases, the Blizzard App can cause high CPU load. If the Blizzard App is causing high CPU load on your system, set it to close itself when it launches a game to improve the frame rate in StarCraft. 23. Disable Superfetch Superfetch tries to improve performance by predicting which applications a user is likely to launch and preemptively loads them into RAM. Some players have reported improved game performance with SuperFetch disabled, so disabling it may be worth a shot if you’re experiencing in-game “stutters”. 24. Enable or Disable AMD Turbo Core AMD Turbo Core allows the processor to dynamically adjust the CPU operating frequency. Some users have reported better performance with AMD Turbo Core enabled, while some others have claimed that their fps drops stopped with AMD Turbo Core disabled. If it’s already enabled, try disabling it. If it’s not enabled, turn it on and see if that helps. Please keep in mind that while the suggestions listed above and the ones listed in the PDF document may help improve your PC's performance, they will never be able to improve it beyond the limitations of your system's hardware. If you're still experiencing low fps after that, I'd recommend running a system benchmark (e.g. PassMark) and compare your computer’s performance with the online results to ensure your system is running at the correct performance speeds. Good luck, and happy StarCrafting! Changelog ========== April 19, 2018: Removed outdated steps. May 13, 2016: Initial document release. May 19, 2016: PDF download link changed from Twitter to OneDrive. May 20, 2016: Added "AMD Turbo Core" and fixed typos.Deanx17 27 Dec
04 Oct 2017 COMMON CONNECTION AND LATENCY ISSUES - PC/MAC Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpTiogaradh5 04 Oct 2017
17 Feb 2015 Common Issues & Fixes Hot Topics Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for current service status. For known in-game issues, see here. Windows 10 Windowed Mode KNOWN ISSUE: Resizing the game in 'windowed' mode can cause display and mouse issues. Ingame Performance Issues Please check the new minimum system requirements and update your graphics drivers. Common Issues & Workarounds Click on the type of issue you are experiencing for advice on how to resolve: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck /slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors/DVDs etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Regular disconnections/Unable to connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS/Freezing etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the article, please read this post on how to create an effective thread.Natryndon0 17 Feb 2015
17 Feb 2015 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct.Natryndon2 17 Feb 2015
29 May Can't access Heart of the Swarm Campaign So, I bought WoL and HoS on cd back when they came out, I've since reinstalled to play HoS again, but there is this blizzard client thing and it wont seem to let me play HoS, instead only allowing me to view the intro trailer and having options for digital purchase. What do I have to do to get my game running?GrumpyKitten3 29 May
29 May Starcraft 2 custom melee mode is not working I have windows 10 64-bit on my Pc. My specs: Gigabyte H81M-D3H Intel Core i5-4460 16 GB Ram DDR3 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 1TB Onboard Realtek Ethernet controller (i am using the Eu-battle.net version, and the eu region) I starting battle.net client, run the starcraft 2 game, but in the Custom-->Melee panel I cannot see the maps, sometimes there are some maps in the panel, but when I click the create lobby button, the "entering lobby" text is appearing and that's all, no working, it cannot start any game. And after this, my internet shut down, slow down, and it is killing my internet connection, after that, I cannot use the internet, and I have to restart the windows 10. I tried a lot of things but didn't work. After the windows restart my internet connection is fine again. Anno I had a same issue with this game. But anno I could fix it, --> I used 360 Total Security Antivirus, I deleted this antivirus program, and installed Nod32 antivirus, and after that it worked. But now in 2019 this method is not working. SC2 not able to download the maps, I don't know why, I have no access to maps. I tried in offline mode, but in offline mode didn't work too. Can Anyone help me?(sorry for my bad english...)Attila0 29 May
29 May Stetmann Co-op - FPS drops Hey Blizz, do you know there are some people with major FPS drops when there is Stetmann in game? It doesn't matter if we play him or our teammate. As I see on reddit, there are more of us with this issue. It looks like there is a problem with his Stetellites zones.Itharael6 29 May
29 May "Achievements Disabled Until Further Notice" After Last Update - "Achievements Disabled Until Further Notice" My avatar doesn't load. Co-OP progress doesn't load at all (Level zero everywhere). Cannot play the vs AI mode at all. The game remembers Campaign progress (probably due to save files or something), but achievements are all set at zero percent. I've deleted entire battle.net cache folder (as I saw as a potential solution in another thread), but it did nothing. This has happened right after most recent 4.3.2 patch. What would be the next step forward ? Edit 1: I have run the Scan & Fix element of the battlenet app. It detected no corruptions at all, and said no fixing is needed. I've cleared Starcraft 2 permissions in the windows firewall so it asks for them again after launch (as I was suspecting maybe a part of the firewall doesn't let some packets through ? I don't know), but that wasn't it, same result. I've also turned off both windows and windows defender firewall entirely - still same result, achievements disabled, coop commanders are blank at level zero, achievements at 0%, avatars gone. Interestingly, connecting to an americas account gives exact same results.Kefe8 29 May
28 May please do not post bugs here post your bugs in the dedicated bug forum here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/13440/ blizzard, i request that you make this topic stay on top.andreasasp0 28 May
28 May Maps wont load & Initializing game mode forever. Hello. Starcraft doesn't load maps in costume game and when I try to play anything but campaign it just says "initializing game mode" forever. I've had this issue for several years now. I just haven't cared to write a post as I thought it would be solved. It all had been working for at least half a year after starcraft 2 came out. Im playing on an old laptop from 2008, but it runs diablo 3, wow, hots and starcraft 2 campaign on low settings just fine(except large raids in wow). We can rule out router problems and reinstall fixes as I have done those things several times since this bug(I assume!) appeared. I run windows 7 ultimate and have done so for a very long time. It has worked on this exact setup before. I must be honest, im really disappointed in you Blizzard. Always heavy balance issues or weird bugs that apparently takes years to fix. Using Broadband. Cable. Windows 7. Free updated version of Avast. Oh I nearly forgot. I would like help with another issue(maybe the same you tell me). Im half the time having trouble logging in to starcraft 2. It started 6-12 months ago by some battlenet upgrade I think and I started sometimes having failed login attempts when trying to log into battlenet. Im not using the remember me settings. And now its gotten so bad that everytime I want to play Heroes of the Storm, Im logged into battlenet, press play, then it tries to login (in hots) and it fails, and I have to set region and write password to login. At rare occations, I even have to do it several times. Please tell me what you changed/why it is so and/or just fix it. :-/AnotherExamp14 28 May
27 May BUG REPORT - Stetman causes ally to lag in co-op It seems once he has a certain amount of units/stetalites in co-op he causes massive frame drops for his allies. This does not seem as bad when you play AS stetman (levelled him to 15 myself). It only seems to occur when he is the allied commander, not when you play as him. To put this in perspective it's possible to drop to single digit FPS with a allied stetman, I can load up game and pick any other commander and its fine performance wise. as soon as stetman is the ally (NOT when you play as him) then the problem occurs.Grifthin4 27 May
27 May BUG - Campaign Custom Hotkey Issue For the past year now I have been having a pretty irritating bug that effects both the HOTS and WOL campaigns. I don't use grid or any basic hotkey set up and instead created my own custom hotkey set up. It seems because of this that when I set certain keys to certain units or buildings, the keys will remain a different key and won't change. For example on the level "Enemy Within" on the HOTS campaign. The larva at the start will have its infest skill the same as the move button so both are "Q". On this level there is also the Giant Ursadon that shares its leap skill with the move command, and then later on when you gain control of Niadra the spawn zergling button is linked to the move command too. I won't go on about it too much because there is a lot of other keys that are broken too but other ones of note are ones in the WOL campaign when I upgrade from the engineering bay or armoury it will switch buttons after I have upgrade stage 1 of certain upgrades. All of which wont register anyway so it totally breaks the key binds. As you can maybe tell this sort of ruins the fun for me trying to play on brutal and with every update it seems to be adding more broken key binds to the game for me. I have looked back through the forums and have seen that as far back as 2012 other people have been having very similar problems as I am now which is very worrying. I have been on the phone to tech support last week and the man on the phone said that is definitely a bug but said it will maybe be a while until it gets fixed if at all because it was "low priority". Maybe because it is from older content I'm not sure. He told me to post it on here to see if there is any other people that have the same problem in the past or present. I am very interested to know if anyone has ever suffered with this bug or still is? I hope I am not alone. This was my first time doing a post on a forum ever so I hope this at least makes sense and I have described the problem adequately. Thanks for reading.Damocles4 27 May
27 May i need help plz Why did I log in to the European server and open StarCraft 2 but jump to the Chinese server?scboxxx4 27 May
26 May BUG - Report enemy spawns in co-op broken. It only spawns on 1 of 3 comps every single game. Terran Air/Ling,bane etc. It's been since stetman patch.Grifthin1 26 May
26 May Mecha Ultralisk Recycle i'm level 8 with Stetmann in CO-OP and it says I need to be Commander Level 5 to Recycle my Mecha Ultralisks, however it doesn't seem to work when i'm playing, please fix it.Calumon2 26 May
26 May Hotkey profile gone Hi Blizzard, I've changed a lot of hotkeys, and every time I get notified that my hotkey profile is stored online, and available from any computer. I now installed sc2 on my new computer, logged in to my account, but my custom hotkey profiles are gone. 1) Is there a way to retrieve my hotkey profile? 2) If not, is there a file or something I can move from my old computer? Cheers /CascadeCascade14 26 May
26 May Need a Ranking system for COOP today I have played over 10 games of which only 2 were able to put up with me in coop. The rest just stay there, chilling while I had to do all the dirty work myself. This is not even a solo, this is harder than a solo because I have only 2 bases not 3. Some maps become nearly impossible to achieve. The game is literally becoming annoying with such spamming player attitudes. suggestion: make a ranking system for COOP, like a challenge that every player have to go through ON THEIR OWN; That challenge defines their COOP rank. If they pass a specific grade "with the specific commander" they get to play brutal; if not, they have to play only hard or less depending on their skill rank. Consider it a COOP training. so every player will need to prove themselves with every commander before jumping into a brutal game with that commander. One last note: Don't give me that rant about me accepting a harder challenge, I already soloed some maps today; the point being is, I don't intend to solo all. Its exhausting and frustrating especially when the ones supposed to be playing with you could help and instead they decide to just not help and watch what you do. Others are too weak to even stop 1 wave of attack. Just 1 wave destroyed their entire army mid-game and that player didn't even rebuild his/her army until the end of the game. while I was fighting at 4 different directions at the same time with mini armies here and there and trying to micro all of that at once. Even after winning I was soar from the experience. If that is what I am intending to do in the 1st place, I would go for a versus against AI. Doing everything on your own EVERY SINGLE GAME just wrecks the concept of COOP.Hector1 26 May
27 May Zeratul achievement bugged I cant post in the bug forums so this is the only place i can add something Since the change was made to zeratul for only needing 200 kills in a single match for devolution retribution it caps ingame at 200 but still says you need 500 i have done it twice sine the patch and still no achievementViper1 27 May
25 May perfomance is terrible So annoying unless you have 5ghz cpu+ and 4400 mhz ram, game perfomance is terrible, drops under 30 in lategame and aracade 1fps. While in hots it was fine... Great job platypus game, this game ran on 8800 geforce and core duo on 60 min. My gpu is running only on 324 mhz while in the game. And i have 4.1ghz intel i7 3770. GEforce 780, 1600mhz ram.. And using prefer maximum perfomance. And gpu load doesn't exceed 32%. BTW there is new option in variables.cfg graphicapi, i wrote there direct3D11 and it didnt rewrite upon launch. I though starcraft 2 doesn't support more than d9. Did anything changed ? Question does nvidia control panel settings apply. Unless you pick sc2 exe v 44910 or how did that call. I know you have to do that for anti-alising to work. If could someone answer this could be nice ty. I have much more perfomance since i increase details for cpu heavy stuff and other leave on lowest now 690mhz and spike to 70% usage i think. Stil in hots perfomance used to be much better 60 min almost. even in 200/200 fights!!! Ah no i though i may have more fps but now, still 28 fps in fight lategame... You get more cpu,gpu usage, but playing on higher details so exaclty same count as on lowest... Lol watching polt stream and at 6 minute mark already drop to 47 fps. And he has to have powerfull pc, like at least 1080 and i7 overclocked right and highspeed ram. Right ? I am interested when he will be in 200/200 battle.IIIIIIIIIIII29 25 May
25 May 7 games, dropped from 2... So since 2 seasons the game became unplayable for me, random drops are destroying the fun of the game. Its extremely not fun when you play very long game and you getting dropped from almost won game. My internet connection is perfectly fine, i did all the network troubleshooting you have there, i tried to repair game. Its all for nothing. There is no other multiplayer game that have any problems with my connection. Please fix this, i want to play the game again and dont worry of being dropped. I even tried to connect to different internet connection while "recconecting", and its not working.Peaceul2 25 May
25 May problem..... Dear Bliz...i change from win 7 to win 10 64 bit and i lost all of my progress...plz help...im level 0 everywhere...ty.ALUDRAS3 25 May
24 May BUG - enemy comps broken. Enemy comps only spawn as sky terran, stalker-dt-disruptor, and ling-bane-swarmhost. Enemy co-op spawns are still broken in co-op. Is there any update on this ?Grifthin0 24 May
24 May HotS Campaign Hotkey Bug I have a custom Hotkey setup where Patrol is mapped to Q. This conflicts with Kerrigans Kinetic Blast ability. When I remap Kinetic Blast to "C" it still shows up on the interface as "Q", but neither Q nor C activates the ability.Achelis4 24 May
24 May Can not post to forum Can not post to forum. I see "please convert your account", but I dont see any information, how can I do it. How can I convert starter-edition-account to full-account? What I need to buy? Full campaign trilogy, or one commentator, on one skin? And where I need to buy it? Give me a link a full Information, what I need to do to convert my account?TarasB3 24 May
24 May starter edition I have purchased this game last year and today when i log in it gives a message to upgrade now from starter edition. My profile summary is still there but i can not start a match on ladder as it is locked. All the replays and campaign missions are there but it says starter editionBroberg6 24 May
23 May 'ATTEMPTING TO RECONNECT...' ISSUE Unable to play some games diconnected without reason - I have 200MBPS symetric fiber optic ... well I was playing starcraft like in 2011 and now was about to try it ... but I see this issue is not fixed so time return to things that work? I should play lol instead of starcarft ? my game stuck in background while Im writting this game client never reconnected me so maybe ist time to uninstall :)Jake3 23 May
22 May Install previous Version (4.8.6) of SC2 Hi, i have just updated my SC2 to version 4.9 today. The problem is that, i have bunch of version 4.8.6 replays in my PC and it is uncomfortable to disconnect the server, log in to the game, watching replay, log in to the game again, clicking the replay then disconnect the server, watching replay... is there any possibility to install the old version of SC2 to simplify the process? Tks,Daemonjäger0 22 May
22 May Internet and Bright problem Hey! I have 2 prolems with sc2 1 is that my internet is very very slow when i play co-op and second problems is when the co-op game shines the floor and everything is brighter (here is an image of my problem https://ibb.co/ccX23SC )CrazySOS5 22 May
22 May Bug - Swarm Hosts! 1 sec ago Hi, This bug has affected my version of the game all of last season but it's not a terrible one. Nobody seems to have picked this up for the new patch though so here goes...... When producing Swarm Hosts from Larvae everything is perfect if you leave some Larvae remaining. Using all available Larvae to make Swarm Hosts results in the cursor switching to the Attack model when actually I'm just trying to rally them to a part of the map using a right-click. The Attack cursor appears instantly once the last Larvae goes into its cocoon and is immediately noticeable when you then try to rally those cocoons to any part of any map. Only Swarm Hosts seem to be affected.MrHappy0 22 May
20 May "not available while initializing game mode" Hello.. Yesterday after a match my game stopped working, i can play the campaign but multiplayer stoped working. i can see the custom rooms but they have no pictures of the game or the names of the players and i cant join none of them.. When im trying to play co op the ready buttom is grayed and i cant press it. when i put my mouse on it, it says : " Not available while intializing game mode". ( Same for versus) .Snuper20 20 May
19 May Starcraft II for Mac after Patch 4.8.6 crashes Starcraft II for Mac after Patch 4.8.6 wont start. === Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000 Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY === Please fix it.TheEnd12 19 May
17 May Campaign progress stacked Hi, Playing the Legacy of Void campaign everything seemed fine until mission 9. After that, to continue with the campaing after closing the game I had to load a saved file. The progress of the game didn't appear in the campaign lobby, there I always saw the mission 9. When I finished the game (always loading from a file) I got all the achievements but still showing the "mission 9" in the lobby, and if I click in "Continue", I start in the mission 9. In consecuence the campaign is shown unfinished, I cannot access the Master Archives, neither the Epilogue. Please tell me how to fix it and that I don't have to replay everything again. I’m using Mac, by the way. Thanks in advanceDangior1 17 May
17 May Graphics device is not available at this time. When I try to start the game, this window is appear: "Graphics device is not available at this time. Please try starting StarCraft II again, or restarting your machine. If the problem persists, for more info consult our support webside at http://blizzard.com/support." [Reopen] [Close] I played SC2 last week and there was no problem with it. Is there any way to solve this problem?Tomi2 17 May
17 May Graphic issue Hello Im having an issue with the graphics when i load up and play the game. Strange bright spheres appear in the top left corner. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/556519671428284416/578189086074863626/video.mov https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/556519671428284416/578189172565737503/video.mov I hope you can view the videos from these links. PC is brand new, literally installed a new copy of windows y-day, new drivers , new MB and CPU, fresh install of SC GPU is 2080ti Asus dual. After they appear screen goes black im forced to alt f4 the game and i need to reboot the PC as it starts lagging like crazy , can barely move the cursor Thanks in advanceEvulchibi2 17 May
17 May bad performance i am having huge fps drops and bad performance, my previous post got unanswered. I disabled to hyper-treading and overclocked my cpu at 4.3ghz, but still i don't have even 60fps. Intel i7 3770 4,3 ghz ram 1600mhz geforce 780 game on ssd windows 10 64 bit I read tweak guide in pinned post and tried almost everything alread, i am playing on lowest possible both in drivers and in the game.IIIIIIIIIIII10 17 May
17 May Starcraft 2 no users folder or any file. ( SOLVED ) I need to change the resolution in windowed mode because Starcraft 2 in windowed mode got no option to change resolution so I wanted to change it manually. But in C:\users\USERNAME\documents\ No Starcraft 2 folder or anything about starcraft 2. Also I checked other folders like appdata local or roaming or all users or public or default I scanned my entiry disk already for the variables.txt and still good result. Can someone help me to find out wat happened with my game? It is a fresh installed game like 4 weeks new.ICEMAN4 17 May
16 May There is a problem with the download cache So i decided to go back do sc2 just to find out that most of maps don't work for me. When i try do download them an orange box pop out saying that "There is a problem with the download cache. Please restart the game and try again." and it didn't solved the problem, nor deleting cache file, reinstalling or repairing the game.WeedCloud3 16 May
14 May no offline melee !! real disapointment No offline melee maps ? what the hell? for what am payed ? for 20 and more gb junk that takes space on hdd and can't run offline battles vs ai? where is SC glorius battles? how i can enyoy this game if from time to time there is no conection or how traveler can enyoi it ? internet cafe ?serius? it seems sc2 is dying slowly giving people hope then taking it away !!MercedesFans1 14 May
13 May Is there a way to fix the huge lag I get in Senegal? Hello, I've been trying to get into Starcraft but it's pretty much unplayable due to lag, I've tried logging into different servers but it still very bad, I often get to play normally for like 10-20s normally but it goes back to lagging not long after, I tried to follow a few steps (https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/116109?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=solution) I've seen linked for similar problems but with no luck, what do you recommend me to try?wustenqualle1 13 May
12 May There was a temporary problem with your request All players seem to have been having this problem on EU servers throughout the day, forcing players to different servers, nobody seemed to be posting about it so I thought I would. Anyone know what's going on with the EU servers lately?Haggis1 12 May
12 May Cannot join or create custom games/lobbies Unable to join custom SC2 games or create new lobbies. Getting errors about my version being out of date or there being a problem with my request, but I have been playing successfully for the past few hours and seem to be on latest version. What gives?befok3 12 May
29 May Buy annoucer then still multiplayer lock Buy annoucer but still have 10 games each day to play for unlock rankedIIIIIIIIIIII1 29 May
11 May Random in-game disconnects Hello dear Blizzard, lately I am experiencing random dissconnents from ladder games, and it is becoming really annoying, espically when you are winning the game and suddenly the game just shows you "attempting" to reconnent. Thats very stresful at Grandmaster lvl play. I am not experiencing any kind of network issues during this. Everything is working properly, no spikes in ping whatsoever at other sites. Is there something you can do to help me fix it? Its already like a 10th loss I have just because of disconnect with no network problem. Its not funny anymore. Thank you. PS: I have asked some other players in my friends if they do experience such thing, and some of them acutally experience it aswell. So I dont think there issue on my side.Rainmaker4 11 May
11 May Ingame items unavailable on europe server I ordered the TotalBiscuit commemorative bundle a fair time back, but only got around to try using it now. To my shock i find that it is bought for the US region, and not Europe. Should this even be an issue? Anyone know a quick fix for this?Zasz2 11 May
11 May Arcade not working When i try to create lobby for anything else than direct strike, i see error global timeout.BrutalTralb2 11 May
10 May Stutter fest on high end hardware Last played this game in 2016 was smooth as silk. Now on a 8600k clocked at 4.8ghz and 1080ti this keep stuttering typically in battles. playing solo campaign. Which settings may help this? thanks. cpu and gpu are both nowhere near been maxed out. I suspect may have frame pacing issues in buggy code of game.chrcoluk2 10 May
20 May 2v2 ranked 0 with 0 MMR in an empty Platinum division Hi! I have a problem regarding ranked games and league placements. I was redirected here from a ticket. It just so happened that after me and my friend won a ranked game we couldn't see our MMR, MMR gain and league progression in the score screen and since then we are ranked 0 with 0 MMR in an empty Platinum division (Zamara Omicron). It's also saying that we are both Terrans although we play as Protosses. Playing another ranked game didn't seem to fix this. Could someone please have a look at this? I posted some in-game screenshots in ticket EU66191185. Edit: Also, it's been like 2 days since this happened.Lies2 20 May
09 May European authentication server down? Me and my friend we're playing sc2 earlier today and now both of us can't connect to the game. We're just getting stuck at "Authentication".Qualphey8 09 May
09 May [Solved]Launching in resolution bigger than my screen Steps to reproduce: 1.Launch Starcraft 2 from the battle.net launcher(press play) 2.Wait for game to launch Expected result: Game launches and all is fine Actual result: Screen gives an error of input not found because the resolution is higher than my native one(found by checking variables.txt). Relevant System Info: Windows 10 pro that I have recently reinstalled(without reinstalling starcraft itself,although overwatch seems to be working fine I just had to point battlenet to the game folder). I meet the min requirements Im fairly sure(Ryzen CPU and gtx 1060 with 16gb ram and plenty of free HDD space;monitor is an old acer 1366x768). What I've tried: -Launching battlenet as admin. Changing values in variables.txt files found under "Documents/Starcraft ll" But they get overwritten on game launch.Even if I make the variables.txt file as read-only it doesnt seem like it applies the fix. -Doing the same after reinstalling starcraft 2 through the launcher(up to optimal leve,now its stuck in "Initializing" state even after restarting battle.net) P.S. This might seem like an XY problem because I have no idea of any other reason for this sort of behaviour(screen says "input not supported" when launching game).If there may be another issue I am unaware of please do tell.Artanis3 09 May
07 May Can't download and install starcraft 2 Hi, I'm trying to download and install starcraft 2 using the blizzard launcher/installer. I have opened the launcher as administrator and after sitting initialising for maybe 5 or 10 minutes it come up with an error message saying I should run as administrator when installing. I have also tried restarting the computer after deleting the battle.net folder with no change. What can I try next to get it downloading and installing. I have also recently managed to update hearthstone and so the Internet connection etc is fine. ThanksNoremac4 07 May