Starcraft II Technical Support

27 Dec StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide Hello everyone! I've noticed quite a few people asking for help with low fps issues in StarCraft II. There are many factors that can affect the frame rate of the games you play and often this issue can be resolved by doing some basic PC housekeeping and walking through some basic troubleshooting steps. Instead of repeating myself, I've decided to write a guide to help those who are experiencing low frame rate issues in the game. The PDF guide can be downloaded here. StarCraft II Low FPS Troubleshooting Guide (PDF) https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4D10C7FFE477F2D1!391&authkey=!AJyeTw3RV0ZXoR8&ithint=file%2cpdf It contains a set of basic troubleshooting tips that may help fix low fps issues in your games. It also covers the NVIDIA video card software settings as well as the StarCraft II in-game settings. I've copied the basic troubleshooting tips from the guide and pasted it below. For the non-tech savvy users among us, I've also included easy-to-understand step-by-step instructions for each troubleshooting tip, which can be found in the PDF document. Without further ado, let's get started. 1. Update Your Video Driver The latest graphics card drivers can sometimes provide a large boost in performance. To ensure the best graphics performance, it’s a good idea to keep your video driver as up-to-date as possible. 2. Reset Your Video Driver Settings If your graphics driver is already up-to-date, try resetting your graphics driver settings. Improperly configured application profile settings can cause low fps and resetting them to default values may help improve your frame rates. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/reset-video-driver-settings 3. Update The System Drivers Keeping all of the major system drivers (chipset, audio, network etc.) up-to-date is essential to the performance of your system. 4. Update Your Operating System Use Windows Update to keep your Windows computer up-to-date with the latest patches, bug fixes and performance improvements. 5. Perform a Clean Startup Some applications and services may interfere with StarCraft II. By performing a clean startup, you can determine whether a background program or service is the source of the frame rate problem. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications 6. Adjust Visual Settings in Windows Disabling many of the visual enhancements and graphical features within Windows can improve your system’s performance. 7. Check Your Power Options In Balanced and Power Save mode the CPU may not be running up to its full potential all the time. Enable High Performance mode to run the CPU full throttle and maximize system performance and responsiveness. 8. Check Your GPU’s Power Management Mode Another setting to consider is the graphics card’s power management mode setting. If it’s set to ‘Adaptive’, it may run at a lower frequency to conserve power. Setting it to ‘Prefer High Performance’ can increase the frame rate in your games. 9. Disable Windows 10 Game DVR If you face any performance issues while playing games, and if you don’t have any need for it, try disabling Windows 10 Game DVR. 10. Configure or Disable OneDrive If OneDrive is enabled your frame rate may drop if OneDrive synchronizes the folder while you are playing StarCraft II. If you are having frame rate issues and OneDrive is enabled, configuring or disabling it might help. 11. Set Windows for Best Performance for Programs While the ‘Adjust for best performance’ setting in the Advanced System Properties is set to optimize Windows for best performance for programs by default, it is worth checking this setting to ensure it is still the case on your system. 12. Optimize Your Hard Drive Optimizing your hard drive can aid in improving the frame rate in StarCraft II, especially if game assets like textures, models and shaders are loaded at runtime. 13. Check for Overheating Components CPU’s and GPU’s can throttle down performance to compensate for the heat. Make sure your system isn’t overheating. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/check-for-overheating-cpu-or-video-card 14. Scan for Viruses and Malware If the system is running slowly, there is a possibility that it’s infected with a virus or malware. Scan your computer for virues and malware to ensure it’s still clean and not infected. Support Page → https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/running-a-virus-scan 15. Check for Problem Devices Check for problem devices to ensure that there are no conflicts between device drivers or problems with any devices on your system. 16. Disable NVIDIA ShadowPlay & Streaming Service Increase your frame rate and save precious CPU cycles by disabling NVIDIA ShadowPlay & NVIDIA Streaming Service. 17. Temporarily Disable Your Sound Card Disabling your sound card will help you determine if the sound card is the root cause of the low frame rate problem. 18. Check for CPU Hogs Programs that require a lot of CPU resources can slow down your computer. Look for resource wasting programs that you can shut down to free up CPU cycles and check your computer’s CPU usage while playing StarCraft II. 19. Turn Off Search Indexing in Windows Windows Search Indexing is constantly running in the background. For users with a slow computer it can be benificial to turn off Windows Search Indexing. 20. Enable Intel Turbo Boost If your CPU supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology, it can run faster than the noted speeds. Enabling Turbo Boost will result in increased performance in applications and games. 21. Use High Performance Discrete GPU To ensure your games take advantage of the faster graphics card in your system, set the preferred graphics processor setting to the High Performance Graphics Processor. 22. Exit Blizzard App When Launching Games In rare cases, the Blizzard App can cause high CPU load. If the Blizzard App is causing high CPU load on your system, set it to close itself when it launches a game to improve the frame rate in StarCraft. 23. Disable Superfetch Superfetch tries to improve performance by predicting which applications a user is likely to launch and preemptively loads them into RAM. Some players have reported improved game performance with SuperFetch disabled, so disabling it may be worth a shot if you’re experiencing in-game “stutters”. 24. Enable or Disable AMD Turbo Core AMD Turbo Core allows the processor to dynamically adjust the CPU operating frequency. Some users have reported better performance with AMD Turbo Core enabled, while some others have claimed that their fps drops stopped with AMD Turbo Core disabled. If it’s already enabled, try disabling it. If it’s not enabled, turn it on and see if that helps. Please keep in mind that while the suggestions listed above and the ones listed in the PDF document may help improve your PC's performance, they will never be able to improve it beyond the limitations of your system's hardware. If you're still experiencing low fps after that, I'd recommend running a system benchmark (e.g. PassMark) and compare your computer’s performance with the online results to ensure your system is running at the correct performance speeds. Good luck, and happy StarCrafting! Changelog ========== April 19, 2018: Removed outdated steps. May 13, 2016: Initial document release. May 19, 2016: PDF download link changed from Twitter to OneDrive. May 20, 2016: Added "AMD Turbo Core" and fixed typos.Deanx17 27 Dec
04 Oct 2017 COMMON CONNECTION AND LATENCY ISSUES - PC/MAC Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpTiogaradh5 04 Oct 2017
17 Feb 2015 Common Issues & Fixes Hot Topics Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for current service status. For known in-game issues, see here. Windows 10 Windowed Mode KNOWN ISSUE: Resizing the game in 'windowed' mode can cause display and mouse issues. Ingame Performance Issues Please check the new minimum system requirements and update your graphics drivers. Common Issues & Workarounds Click on the type of issue you are experiencing for advice on how to resolve: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck /slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors/DVDs etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Regular disconnections/Unable to connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS/Freezing etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the article, please read this post on how to create an effective thread.Natryndon0 17 Feb 2015
17 Feb 2015 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct.Natryndon2 17 Feb 2015
19h Max resolution for SC2 Recently I bought a new 34'' Widescreen monitor. All ready and excited I launched SC2, only to find out it did not support the new 3440x1440 resolution that my new monitor had. A little bit disapointed, but.. fine. Today I re-installed WarCraft 3, only to find out that a game from 2002 did support the higher resolution. What's up with that? Why does SC2 not support it?TJL9 19h
19h Crash on startup So after a fresh install of windows, my game cannot make it past authenitcating. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps regarding crashing to desktop but it did not help.Marc6 19h
22h Please fix the "Entering Lobby" bug Step to reproduce: 1) Enter an Arcade mod, leave before the end ("Victory" or "Defeat"). 2) Try to enter another Arcade mod or create a lobby. 3) You're stuck until you're logging out or exit the game. The bug is here for a looooooooooooooong time and it's the most annoying one. Could you please finally do something about it? ThanksNucreum0 22h
1d Stutter with Great internet/specs I have 7 cores/Nvidia GTX 1070TI I have tried to pathping/trace I have tried running compatibility mode with windows 7 I have tried running it as 32 bit w/without compatibility I have lowered graphics (Was not the issue anyways) Can anybody help, I would really like to enjoy this game, its a bit hard to with constant lag stutters. ...Physcozerg1 1d
1d Hotkey profile gone Hi Blizzard, I've changed a lot of hotkeys, and every time I get notified that my hotkey profile is stored online, and available from any computer. I now installed sc2 on my new computer, logged in to my account, but my custom hotkey profiles are gone. 1) Is there a way to retrieve my hotkey profile? 2) If not, is there a file or something I can move from my old computer? Cheers /CascadeCascade13 1d
2d Bought HOTS Physical copy but code already claimed? Hi there, I was wondering if since the WOL campaign is free if I could just buy the HOTS game, I've already done so but the authentication key won't get claimed. Did I need to have bought the WOL game now to use the HOTS game?Keesh1 2d
2d Problems with APM counter - remastered skin Hellow, I met a problem with not working APM counter during the game. I have chosen the remastered version of my interface in game but for some reason the APM counter always show "0". Basically I would like to have an option to see my APM during game, without using some kind of 3rd party application. Is there a possibility to have that kind of APM counter in sc2, am I doing something wrong and that`s the reason why it is not working properly, are there some kind of special options that I could not find? Of course I tried to check every options in game several times without success, I was also searching a bit on forum and also trying to find some kind of tutorial on YT but didn't work out. Here is link to the image. https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/2068/sHgIjf.png Thank you for help. Best regards, Soul P.S. If someone want to answer to this topic saying why I need APM counter in game, than please save it for your self. The topic is not about using it or not but about having an option to see it when you need.SoulOfDark2 2d
3d Mouse Click stops working Hi I've recently just started palying the game again after a few years out. I'm playing on quite a dodgy old laptop with an Intel HD3000 graphics card (I only mention this because I have a feeling poor performance may have something to do with the issue). As I'm playing, left and right mouse clicks become more and more unreliable. Hovering the mouse of a unit will highlight the unit but I'm unable to select it by clicking. If I click a bunch of times it will eventually work. Moving workers in vespene geysers is particularly unreliable for some reason. I'm using Windows 10, all graphics settings in SCII are at their lowest. The laptop is connected to a monitor which means the game is possibly trying to run at a higher resolution than I have windows set to (I don't really know if that's a thing, I ain't technically gifted haha).Jockmcplop0 3d
3d Sound issues since Windows 10 Dear i've seen some posts before about starcraft 2 and sound problems. I tried alot of the workarounds allready without succes. I'm using a headset tried usb and bluetooth but both have the same issue. when i start the game everything is fine, after a while i'm getting static, and it grows worse untill eventually all the sound disapears after i shut down the game i take the issue also to windows. Before the game everything is fine, and i only have it in starcraft 2. tried repairing my files, dx diag finds no issues, i have the latest drivers. Also checked the enhancements (loudness equalization)of the device and unchecked allow applications to take exclusive control of the device. I also turned off the diagnostic service in windows 10 but i have no luck in fixing the thing anyone got any ideas?Deathstroke2 3d
3d Auto-casting with rebound grid keys Auto-cast abilities (such as SCV's repair) can be toggled on and off by pressing Alt + ability key. I use a grid (QWERTY) key layout, but I want to rebind the repair key ("C" by default) to, let's say, "V". But when I press Alt + V, auto-cast doesn't toggle, and when I press Alt + C, it still does work, even with a hotkey rebound. The auto-cast is stuck with "C" and I can't find separate binding for auto-cast anywhere. My question, is there a solution for assigning repair auto-cast to Alt + V or any other key or combination?Parapheen0 3d
5d Drag scroll jump bug Windows 10, i7-8750H, GTX 1050, SSD Samsung MZ-76Q2T0BW. Drag scroll randomly jumps huge distances. Reducing mouse polling rate to 125 helps a bit, but it is still unplayable. ----- Rebinding "Drag scroll" to a keyboard button does not help. Changing mice and usb ports does not help. Changing windows cursor settings does not help. Changing windows compatibility settings for sc2 does not help. (High DPI settings, disable fullscreen optimizations.) Changing in-game graphics to the lowest or the highest does not help. Enabling/disabling Vertical Synchronization does not help Enabling/disabling "Reduce mouce lag" does not help. Changing priority of the starcraft process to the lowest or realtime in task manager does not help. Changing processor affinity for the starcraft process to a single cpu core does not help. Disabling Nvidia in-game overlay does not help. ----- Same issue with more details on US battle-net: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20771107519 ----- A video demonstrating this bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap19Ftq610g ----- Same issue in LiquidSnute's twitter: https://twitter.com/liquidsnute/status/949682788105687043?lang=enkoR0 5d
13 Apr Can not reach... Can not request issue. Filled in all, but I can not request my issue. (game offline). If I can not fill in and send, then I want to send to page "can not send". But where is that page?! :) Really annoying not be able to get information/help! Is this info coming forward? I do not know....Bandit1 13 Apr
12 Apr test a test please eraseBlowDevilUp1 12 Apr
12 Apr Low microphone level in-game I have a Steelseries Arctis Pro 7.1 headset and the microphone is very low in-game. There is no issues with the microphone since discord and other applications doesn't have this problem. I have tried to mess around with the settings both in-game and in windows without any luck so far. Anybody have a solution?Frederik1 12 Apr
12 Apr Received previously earned achievement again. The Feats of Strength achievement for purchasing a co-op commander Karax was on my account for a while since I owned him previously, but today I received a notification about this achievement again. Thought it's just a visual bug, but the achievement has actually shown in my recently acquired list on 11/04/2019, and it has overwritten the previous achievement in the category itself, as there's only one. I think it may be somehow related to issues with the 100% campaign achievements added yesterday, which I didn't receive yet for whatever reason, but that's just guessing.ḺiXyFØx1 12 Apr
12 Apr Game randomly started stuttering Out of nowhere the game now stutters every 10 seconds or so for about 1 second i have not changed anything on my PC in the morning it was fine and now it stutters.When it does my GPU drops to 0%. Its only starcraft 2 CPU and Ram are fine My hard drives have plenty of space I have updated all my drivers Its not an overheat problem iv reinstalled the game I have disables all overlays Specs: 6GB Nvidia 980 TI AMD Ryzen 5 1600 16 GB of RAM @ 2933MHz halpDarkZephyro4 12 Apr
12 Apr Twitch prime loot I got the first one, but Swann: Machined Bundle still didn'a appear ingame...Itharael1 12 Apr
15 Apr No Feats of Strength after Patch 4.8.4 I completed every campaign on brutal, got every campaign-achievement and completed every Nova mission and accompanying achievement. According to the Patch Notes for Patch 4.8.4 I should have gotten all Feats of Strength associated with this. Yet, they do not show up when I log into Starcraft II with installed Patch 4.8.4. I tried logging out and in, no change. I'm on the European server if that makes any difference.iago9 15 Apr
10 Apr Bug report (Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm Campaign) Hi! I found a bug in Sc2: HotS Campaign at mission 2 (Back in the Saddle). When Kerrigan and Raynor have to defend the Tram Engines, the HP at the top of the screen (when any unit hit the tram) drops instantly -300 HP.Crafting3 10 Apr
10 Apr Bug report co-op after 4.8.4 After this new update, Vorazun's recall in co-op does't work ... After i used it, my units only got transparrent :) I got a print screen but i don't know how to post it ..Jonaka1 10 Apr
09 Apr Fake mobile game advertisement on Instagram Just came across this rather funny ad on instagram on a random game called ''Zombie Strike'' ... that zombie looks awfully alot like Kerrigan... i don't know i might be wrong you guys should take a look.. I don't think they asked Blizzard for permission either. screenshot: http://prntscr.com/n9608s This might not be the place to post this, but i just wanted to bring this up.DoctorThrax1 09 Apr
09 Apr Mouse inactive Since updating to macOS Mojave, now v10.14.3, the game will load but the curser stays in the top left corner despite any mouse movement Any suggestions?Krylos1 09 Apr
11 Apr No Exp from Co-Op mision Hello When i finish Co Op mission, sometimes i have to wait for game results.. and they never come. Clicking leave, i not get any point from the game.TimelessOne1 11 Apr
06 Apr Missing map - need to get it online ASAP Suddenly, the map named "Big Game Hunters (No-Unit-Limit)" is gone in the EU server and unable to play. It is created by Ramires. Can this great map be recovered ASAP? So many people are missing this map. map link - battlenet:://starcraft/map/2/139263WirY0 06 Apr
04 Apr "UNABLE TO OPEN SAVED GAME" - CAMPAIGN Continuation of this thread https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/17615643845 Bug still exists, can't get !@#$ done in the lotv campaign. Will there ever be a fix?rekuzar8 04 Apr
04 Apr Constant Disconnects @ 6mins 30 secs in VS games I constantly get disconnected at 6 mins 30 secs (give or take a second) Havent anything non standard in hosts files Have tried a repair and reinstall. restarted PC and network equipment WinMTR as follows |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | 192.168.3.1 - 96 | 104 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 100 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 100 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | 128.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk - 0 | 498 | 498 | 6 | 9 | 96 | 6 | | core1-be1.colindale.ukcore.bt.net - 0 | 498 | 498 | 6 | 9 | 92 | 6 | | 194.72.16.114 - 0 | 498 | 498 | 6 | 11 | 92 | 6 | | No response from host - 100 | 100 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | ae1-br01-eqld5.as57976.net - 1 | 494 | 493 | 13 | 29 | 432 | 13 | | et-0-0-2-br02-eqam1.as57976.net - 3 | 441 | 429 | 12 | 85 | 4180 | 13 | | et-0-0-67-pe02-eqam1.as57976.net - 2 | 478 | 473 | 13 | 17 | 104 | 14 | | 185.60.112.157 - 2 | 478 | 473 | 13 | 17 | 104 | 13 | |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______| WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | 192.168.3.1 - 12 | 347 | 307 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 102 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | 129.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk - 99 | 103 | 2 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | | 128.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk - 0 | 505 | 505 | 6 | 10 | 96 | 6 | | core1-be1.colindale.ukcore.bt.net - 0 | 505 | 505 | 5 | 10 | 96 | 6 | | peer1-et-0-0-1.interxion.ukcore.bt.net - 0 | 505 | 505 | 6 | 10 | 96 | 7 | | No response from host - 100 | 102 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | ae1-br01-eqld5.as57976.net - 2 | 485 | 480 | 13 | 30 | 443 | 13 | | et-0-0-2-br02-eqam1.as57976.net - 3 | 452 | 440 | 12 | 72 | 4706 | 13 | | et-0-0-67-pe01-eqam1.as57976.net - 1 | 501 | 500 | 13 | 17 | 103 | 13 | | 137.221.66.41 - 0 | 505 | 505 | 13 | 17 | 103 | 14 | | 185.60.112.158 - 1 | 501 | 500 | 13 | 17 | 104 | 14 | |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______| WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | 192.168.3.1 - 24 | 256 | 197 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | 128.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk - 0 | 491 | 491 | 6 | 10 | 98 | 7 | | 195.99.125.136 - 0 | 491 | 491 | 6 | 10 | 98 | 8 | | peer2-et-0-0-4.slough.ukcore.bt.net - 1 | 487 | 486 | 6 | 12 | 105 | 7 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | ae1-br01-eqld5.as57976.net - 0 | 491 | 491 | 13 | 30 | 432 | 31 | | et-0-0-2-br02-eqam1.as57976.net - 3 | 438 | 426 | 12 | 76 | 4706 | 13 | | et-0-0-67-pe02-eqam1.as57976.net - 0 | 491 | 491 | 13 | 17 | 104 | 15 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 99 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______| WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider Thanks in advanceekoh1 04 Apr
31 Mar Nothing works: 'not available while ...' The game launches normally, but once in the game, I cannot play anything. The 'ranked' button is grayed out and stays gray forever. I cannot join any arcade either. The only button I can press is 'unranked', but after being pressed it also goes gray, and I now get the infamous 'not available while initializing game mode.' I have tried multiple things listed on these forums, like resetting network connection, scan and repair, adding ports, deleting bnet folders, etc. Nothing helps. EDIT: Disabling the firewall and antivirus does not change anything.Sinus3 31 Mar
30 Mar Can't level up Master lvl in Coop Before the last patch I could level up to Master lvl 93. But now, since the Warchest tab has dissapeared from the collection tab, Xp earned is shown with all the bonuses, But now there is a msg "You are at max lvl - 90" You cant ascent further" ???????? Pls fix this !RAVIATOR0 30 Mar
30 Mar Can't save game I've looked through a whole lot of posts now, some years back and apparently there's still no solution. My error is like those that many reported - I can save the game in the sense that the game still produces files in my documents folder, sometimes it is successful, sometimes it isn't, but there's no consistency to it. I have taken full ownership, I'm playing on an administrator account, I have tried deleting the folder and the recreated one has the same issues and nothing has any consistent answer. I can't understand how after so many years there's still no solution or any real effort to fix this. I know it's not about permissions because if it was permissions then I wouldn't be able to create those not working 3mb saves in the first place.Zero6 30 Mar
28 Mar Game keeps dropping Yo! After starting to play SC2 again a couple of days ago, I have struck a problem today where the game keeps dropping randomly during games. Typically about 3-4 minutes into the game I lag out and am prompted with the "waiting for server" window before being kicked out with a defeat to my name, quite annoying given my relative success in games. For the first couple of hours this happened every 3rd-4th game, but now it has happened 4 games in a row. I've tried rebooting hoping that would solve the issue, but it kept me going for 1 game before returning to old sins. Worth noting that this happens with no appearant issues with any other service than SC2. Is this some kind of known issue? Potentially with an easy solve?:) Help me please:')Aimless5 28 Mar
28 Mar Mouse lags with keyboard presses I already lost several games because of my mouse lagging when a keyboard key is pressed. It seems to be related with switching the game from windowed mode to full screen mode. I never had this issue with HotS. I'm playing the game on a Macbook pro OSX 10.10.5. Any solution?Legion10 28 Mar
26 Mar Eliminated from tournament and MMR reset to 0 I was eliminated from a tournament before the game started, and after that my MMR was reset to 0CherryOnTop1 26 Mar
24 Mar War Chest: Katowice 2019 purchase period Hey, I wanted to buy the War Chest: Katowice 2019 but it seems that is now unavailable! I had in mind March 14th being the deadline as mentioned in https://warchest.starcraft2.com/en-us/ Is this date wrong? Will it be available again (before just the skins become available later this year)? Best wishes, PS. I hope I posted this in the right forum section.Mattfurion3 24 Mar
22 Mar CLIENTSIDECACHE_READ_BAD_HASH Just installed the game, tried to search for a match and this error pops up. I looked through a bunch of forums/fixes and nothing worked and resorted to creating a new topic about this. Please comment your ideas.Derangd1 22 Mar
22 Mar Stutter on "Dark Whispers" Hey. I get this serious stutter every two seconds or so on the aforementioned single player mission (First Protoss prologue mission). Starting roughly the moment Kerrigan's base is revealed and her army attacks. The stutter stops completely when she is finished with her attack, and her base is covered by FOW again. The stutter is not connection related, I went offline and it does the same thing. Played through both WoL and HotS with no problems at all. And also played through this same mission and the Protoss campaign a year earlier, with absolutely no problems. For now it seems mission-related. I've tried a couple of solutions, like running the 32-bit client, running in windowed fullscreen, disabling all unnecessary background programs and services etc. All the latest drivers are installed. Graphics settings have no effect on the stuttering. Also tried the "scan and repair" -function. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, since nothing obvious seems to solve this particular issue. Intel Core i5-2320 - 8GB GTX-560 TiBloodInEyes1 22 Mar
04 Apr Translate game to new language Hi! In my opinion, it would be really awesome, if the game could be translated to other languages, or atleast give them a title, to let those try out StarCraft II, who doesnt speak english.Crafting2 04 Apr
21 Mar StarCraft 2 is crashing windows 10 (1709) PC I have tried : Running in 32 bit mode, running in compatibility mode, running SC2Switcher.exe (which throws up “an error occurred starting StarCraft II. please try again (error 5:740)” unless I run in admin mode. I have also tried dropping the CPU affinity (on both switcher, starcraft2 & battle craft launchers). I have tried all the documented work arounds. Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 – Alienware Aurora I am a little annoyed to say the least as my laptop doesn’t experience this crashing which wipes the whole pc out the only option is a hard switch off NO OTHER GAME does this! Nothing appears in the logs either. Is there a solution coming or available or do I ditch Battlenet ? I’m not risking the pc hardware to these critical failures – this has been going on for a while (multiple versions of battlenet & starcraft)Bryn3 21 Mar
17 Mar Online profile view incorrect Hey everyone, I noticed that when I want to view my profile online, the information there regarding the achievements is incorrect. Even the portrait doesn't match. Is it a bug or can I fix it somehow? Thank you for an answer ;)SkrvSn1 17 Mar
14 Mar No mouse pointer on Mac No mouse pointer Mac Book Pro 2017Lunatik2 14 Mar
14 Mar Battle.net Account Locked - Action Required‏ ... I just want to ask if anyone else on the board has had this experience before, and if so, is it something I should actually be worried about?Pamyu9 14 Mar
13 Mar Good computer, internrt, still lags I have computer that should handle sc2 in ultra no problem, yet i play on low and get lag. I have great internet with checkpoint router that cost 900$ Yet i STILL LAG... its like 4 games all good then 2 games lags... Oh i also stream on twitch... Help please..avilo7 13 Mar
13 Mar Entering game bug Hello, since about 2 weeks I'm facing a problem. Whenever I played a game of Direct Strike and attempt to enter a second game, I can't connect. My console just shows: 'connecting to lobby', for ever.. nothing happens. I also can't cancel joining the lobby, I just have to wait. What works for me is closing the client or just logout and re-log. This issue is new to me. Problem: the game doesn't connect to a lobby whenever I played a game. I have to restart starcraft or re-log into my account. I hope this can be fixed! :D Greetz, BenSaerephiox2 13 Mar
10 Mar Can't post on the US forum Good day, When trying to post a bug here I was redirected from to the US forum. I created an in-game character for the Americas region, and played a game. However, I can't properly log in on us.battle.net/forums . This means after logging in, on the upper right it still writes "My Account" instead of my id. Or, sometimes it seems like I'm logged in, but when hovering over "+New Topic" it still says I need to create an in-game character. Did contact support (ticket via my account) and they told me they can't contact the tech team directly to help me with this, however they hope my issue of not being able to post will be solved. I've seen several users on the US forum mentioning they're from EU, so the problem is not general. Whom could I address in order to point out that from my account I can post on EU, but not on US? Thank you! PS: Please don't tell me this issue should be mentioned in the bug section on the US forums :)IcyPurple4 10 Mar
10 Mar AN UNEXPECTED FATAL ERROR OCCURRED I see that this problem happened 3-4 years ago. When I try to start a game it give me this fatal error with diferent report ID. So any1 could help me with that?MicroPillow12 10 Mar
08 Mar War Chest disappeared I just got the Katowice war chest yesterday (well, the Terran part) and according to the site I have until April 11th to complete it, however it's disappeared completely from my client and I have no way of checking if I'm getting XP for it now. Any way to get into it? I can't find one.Amtiskaw3 08 Mar
08 Mar No sound Hello, When I launch starcraft 2 there is no sound although I have no sounds issues on any other games or softwares. I have checked the sound mixer and everything is fine. I am using a bose soundlink wireless headset and everything has always been fine with the sound since today. The only thing I changed today was that I paired a bose soundlink III to my computer. But since when, I have uninstalled this device and I still have no sound. I don't have any razer synapse software installed. Also, when starcraft 2 runs it stops any other sound running (from spotify or any other software for example). Any suggestions would be welcome, Many thanksDeus6 08 Mar