Multiplayer Discussion

26 Jul 2010 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the StarCraft II discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of StarCraft II with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the StarCraft II community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://forums.battle.net/forum-coc.html), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The StarCraft II forums are for discussion of topics directly related to StarCraft II The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to StarCraft II, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum code of conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules. Xordiah0 26 Jul 2010
14 Mar Multiplayer Introduction Starcraft II is a Real Time Strategy (RTS) game and, even if it has an amazing single player campaign, its best part is the multiplayer. Starcraft II was build from the beginning to be an e-sport. How you can start? This topic wants to be an introduction for new players, here you will find useful links and hints. First, if you are totally new to RTS, you should play the singleplayer campaign. Its storyline is gorgeous and you will also be able to learn some basic mechanics of Starcraft (like resources gathering, how to build up bases, units and so on). You can discuss about mission, lore and topic related to singleplayer, in this section: --> http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/11819/ After this you should do Challenges. Challenges are 9 in total, they are a singleplayer experience and they are here to be a bridge toward multiplayer. Each mission has 3 different objectives, if you complete all of them with a Gold award you will acquire a good amount of experience with units, races and basic multiplayer's mechanics. Don't worry if you will have to repeat some of them, this is normal, challenges are not meant to be easy. More you practice, more you will learn. More information about this, here: --> http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/1834019 Now you can start to play with and against other human beings. My advice is to chose one specific race and play mainly with it, so you can focus on its unit, building, strategies and you will learn more faster how to play. When you hit for the first time the Multiplayer button you will have the option to play 50 matches in a Practice League. You don't have to do them all, you can just play a bit here so you can choose your favorite race. Remember that in this league the game speed is slower than normal and maps have some variants to help you, so this is not a real environment, don't focus too much. Use this time to try each of the 3 races and choose what you like most for the real ladder. You can have more information about races and units, here: --> http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/game/ If you are looking for a complete list of FAQs about Ladder and League, just go there: --> http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2418222057 The most popular league is the 1v1. A bloody duel with another player. This is also the most difficult, so you should play here only when you will have some experience. My advice is to start form 4v4 and 3v3, where you are with other allies. They can help you and you will not have all the match on your shoulder. The most fun thing is to find some friends and play with them regularly. There are a lot of way to find someone, you can use this forum, in-game chat system, official fansite website, or you can bring to Starcraft II some of your real friends! The first matches could be a bit frustrating, but after few games you will learn the basics and more positive results will come. Another important aspect is the language used by us. Often we use a lot of neologism and acronyms, here you can find an helpful list: --> http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/47685 --> http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/273068Ligario29 14 Mar
04 Aug Starcraft 2 tips & tricks I thought it would be nice to have a list of the various tips and facts about the game that are not widely known, but can be very useful in game. Here's what I have so far : Control : * Backspace cycles through all your command centers/hatcheries/nexuses. * Ctrl+click a unit selects all units of the same type currently on screen. * Ctrl+shift+click selects all units of that type on the screen and adds them to your selection. * Ctrl+F1 selects all idle workers. * Shift+number adds the currently selected units to the control group. * Rally points can be set on units. * Rally points can be queued to have the units follow a certain path when spawning. * W selects all warpgates. * Ctrl+Alt+Click on the main screen sends a signal on the minimap. * Use Alt+Key to turn on/off autocast abilities without using the mouse. * You can repeatedly use an ability by keeping its hotkey pressed. Works with spells (Psi Storm, EMP, Fungal Growth, etc) as well as unit production keys. Gameplay : * Unburrow can be set to autocast. Useful for transforming Banelings into landmines. * Burrowed Banelings can be detonated manually. * Spawn larva can be cast on the minimap. * EMP can be cast on buildings like Command Center and Nexus. * The mothership cloaks buildings. * Chronoboost affects warpgates reducing the Warp In cooldown from 15 seconds to 11.25 seconds. * You can cast Chronoboost on the minimap * Mules can repair. * Roaches can burrow under forcefields. * You can feedback and EMP Point Defense Drones. * Spawning creep tumors can be cancelled, restoring the energy. * You can stimpack units inside bunkers. * Colossus can be loaded into transports. * SCVs with auto-repair can repair mechanical units inside medivacs. * One on one, an unsieged tank beats a sieged tank. * Fungal growth reveals cloaked and burrowed units. * EMP temporarily reveals permanently cloaked units. * Banelings are not light units. * Hallucinated units grant vision. Use it to scout or look over cliffs. * You can use abandoned enemy Tech Labs and Reactors with your own buildings. * Workers that are going to collect resources or return cargo enter a special no collision mode which allows them to pass through other units (even enemy). Trivia : * Units will say additional dialogue if clicked multiple times. * Repeatedly clicking on a critter will make it explode. * Hatcheries/lair field of vision shrinks when they're mutating. * If you build two Nydus Networks, they will be connected. * Hatcheries provide 2 supply. * Using Neural Parasite on a egg will kill it. * The Nydus Network has a capacity of 1020 slots, or 255 units, whichever comes first. Micro/macro : Moving drop tip : to perform a moving drop, move your transport to a location, press D, and click on a transport. The transport will drop units below it while continuing to move. Do this for each transport. Useful for : baneling drops on a Terran bioball army, or for spreading your troops to avoid splash damage. Tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWjRvzrFpFo Zerg macro tip : put all your queens in a control group, then when the time to spawn larvae comes, select the group, press shift+V and click all the hatcheries on the minimap. The queen closest to each hatchery will spawn larvae there. Sending your workers to gas tip : select 6 or more workers from your mineral line, then using shift+click remove portraits until you have exactly six. Right click on one of the geysers. Next remove 3 more portraits and send the remaining workers to the other geyser. To avoid losing any already-mined minerals after right clicking the geyser press C to return cargo. The worker will then automatically return to mine the geyser you clicked. Command queuing tip : any ability can be queued. This allows some combos like queuing move+blink on a stalker, or move+siege mode on a tank. However you can only queue abilities that are currently on the command card. For example, you cannot queue unburrow+fungal growth on a burrowed infestor, even if fungal growth would be available when unburrowed. Baneling morph is the exeption to this rule and will be executed as soon as the command is clicked. Field repair tip : you can drop mules on the battlefield to perform emergency repairs on units like battlecruisers which would take too long to bring back to the base. Marines vs Banelings tip : The least APM-intensive way to micro Marines away from Banelings is by "patrolling" - (P + click) them away. This causes the closest Marine to stop and shoot while the others are still running away - then next marines only stopping when they get in range - and so on. This will reduce the Marine casualties since they don't get clumped up and die in one massive acid explosion. Please comment with your own tips and I'll add them to this post!vic158 04 Aug
10 Jun LADDER and LEAGUE: Everything you need to know There are always a lot of questions about Ladder, League system, Division and how they all work. Some months ago I did a first version of this FAQ, but since I need a lot more space I've made a whole new version. :D Every answer is verified. If you have other questions, just add them with a replay and they will be added. ;) INDEX LEAGUE AND DIVISION: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2418222057?page=1#2 PROMOTION AND DEMOTION: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2418222057?page=1#3 WIN/LOSS RATIO: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2418222057?page=1#4 BONUS POOL & NEW SEASON: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2418222057?page=1#5 USEFUL LINKS: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2418222057?page=1#6Ligario179 10 Jun
5h Carriers unstoppable for terran in 4.0 I do not know what was the logic behind changing the raven, but a big thanks for taking away the skills of the single terran unit that was capable of at least ATTEMPTING to stop carriers in team games! Almost every team 3v3 or 4v4 game at least one of the protosses goes air - which is no surprise. A single carrier army can kill 2 full anti-air armies without a fuss. I watch a lot of streams and as such I learned how to counter this bs of a strategy in 1v1, e.g. Nathanias has presented a viable combo of widow mine battlecruiser composition which is quite good against this sort of mass cheese one-click-attack-button-army, not perfect, but quite good. However, it works on 1v1 maps where the terrain is not as varied as in those huge locations where toss can literally stay out of reach of all terran ground units - including mines - and jost pop entire bases without getting close. Vikings are a joke against carriers. And then I discovered the raven, the single unit whose seeker missiles gave terran a chance of winning. Still, a skilled protoss could warp out using the mothership before the missiles hit the target - which is a fair thing - but at least there was a chance of getting the kill. You replaced the single skill that I personally know that was capable of countering the stupid strat that has been ruining the team ladder experience for large numbers of players for years. Increasing the mineral cost for interceptors does not change anything since most people sit on thousands of those in late game anyway. The funny thing is I do not have those problems vs toss playing zerg as corruptors, infestors and a viper or two do a decent job against carriers. Maybe zerg players have a different opinion on this but so far this worked fine for me. It is a shame I have to switch to a different race just to be sure I can find a counter for anything in the game, but I love my terran, I do not want to quit, played over 3.5k games as terran and only a few hundred as zerg, I do not even know any builds for this race. I am fed up, furious and simply upset. I know it has been just a few moments since the patch went live, but it is the same stupid thing over and over again with every update. It is not a problem to find a coutner for anything else with every new update, just this single strategy. My fellow terrans, if there is anything you think is viable in the current build against skytoss, I would appreciate your comments. Still, I hope Blizzard introduces some meaningful changes to the carrier (5 gas for each interceptor?) as I am sick and tired of fighting skytoss nearly every single match with little to no chances of success. Have a pleasant evening all.Elebril11 5h
7h This may fix new Protoss cheese. Add range on chrono boost so that protos will still be able to boost his gates etc. but normal range would hurt protos a bit so look picture. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RI_Q8yhbq0NanVNmh_ScwQcN0lXrRwg0/view?usp=sharing And you could also add shild battery range based on nexus position so that toss would have to make nexus on enemy's natral to cheese him but shild in late wouldn't be fun to use. And shild battery should not have full energy when warped.FeatherP6 7h
14h Ravens - REALLY HI, Scrambler missle sucks donkeyballs. Can we have the seeker back? k thxCrimson3 14h
18h cant access war chests, why? i bought the first war chest, and cant seem to access it anymore, dont even see a option for it. where has it goneSpungeBobEU1 18h
18h Dehaka seems to be broken Did the random mutation on my Dehaka and he kept dying just standing in my base. Health would go down slowly, i'd revive him and health goes down again. Could a mutation be that retarded?Frits1 18h
1d co-op suggstion: experience bonus my suggestion is to add a base destruction bonus that is calculated based on how much of the enemy base the player destroys. i have noticed that players often destroys the enemy base so it would be helpfull if a bonus was awarded. another bonus that would be useful would be an MVP bonus. that could encourage players to play well.andreasasp7 1d
1d i keep getting miner evacuation every time i choose kerrigan i get miner evacuation. it is impossible to win without dehaka or abathur because other hero units is not available until the ships start getting destroyed. abathur`s roaches can handle the infested while dehaka becomes available sooner. i have now gotten miner evacuation 4 times in a row.andreasasp7 1d
1d Shield Battery They made it for Protoss can defend early. I dont think so.... At least give some extra energy or not from cybernetic core only gate.MORGOTH0 1d
2d 4.0 chrono boost has anyone done the math ? how is it standing compared to previous passive lotv and active wol/hots im pretty sure that incontrol during lotv beta said the passive at that time was overall better than hots active, which at that time was longer but weaker than current active simply put: nerfed or buffed ? it certainly requires apm now which is another resourceProskill1 2d
2d WOL and HOTS matchmaking gone So now you force to play LOTV only and I don´t want to. Today I have some great 2v2 games on WOL. Who would know that was the last one. What to say. All good things must come to the end. After 7 years and more than 9000 played games of this fantastic game I cannot play it any more. It was great to be part of this community. So good buy all, time to move on.Xandar13 2d
2d FIX THE IMBA OP PROTOSS vs T Protoss units are too strong vs terran ... the stalkers need to go back .... terran armies just melt , fix this bull!@#$ match up .. terran is a jokeMvP0 2d
3d Auto-kill Achievement bug. Hello achievement called auto-kill : Using Auto - Turrets , destroy 20 worker units i an Unranked or Ranked game. This achievment is location is Achievements > Versus > Unranked/Ranked. Now the bug is you cant use Auto - Turrets on Lotv expansion and also you cant expansion mode on unranked or ranked games so you cant did this achievement. So i got 250/260 achievment points on his category because i cant did the Auto-kill. Any ideas ?GUEVARA0 3d
3d Allow Co-op commanders in vs. A.I. skirmishes In my head it would work similar to how commanders worked in the Command&Conquer games. You either play as a default race or as one of the co-op commanders (Raynor,Kerrigan, ...) with their specialized abilities and limited unit selection. Otherwise it's the same vs. A.I. lobby with custom player colours, free map choice and so forth. There is no need to balance it for competetive matches if it's restricted to VS AI skirmishes only. However, the big plus would be the community would be able to create and play their own scenarios, play with any amount of people or just enjoy stomping a big pile of brutal AIs with their level 15 commanders once the available co-op missions became stale. You could also restrict special commanders to human players in order to save AI development time. I genuinely don't know whether suggestions mean anything in this forum but I really hope you consider this apparently relatively low effort ("just" porting it over) for huge impact (all the variety you can wish for) change!Kytherean12 3d
4d Holy Macromony Ok! Has anyone achieved this one? If yes how?! I must be stupid but I'm 100% sure that I should have already done this. Tried with Strike Fighter Platform, few BCs and ravens the rest I spent on Han's supply - nothing. Than I was spamming only BCs (like 6 of them), 8 vikings and one raven as Horner's supply; Han's supply - 38 widow mines and 5 Assault galleon with drones in Void Launch (drones are 6 supply for every Assault galleon which means 30?) Drones doesn't count? Strike Fighter Platform doesn't count? I mean am I doing something wrong here or this thing is broken?AlQaholic7 4d
4d Did ladder just get way easier? Patch 4 just got released and along with that came a new season of ladder. I was gold tier 2 this morning and it took me some months to get there from tier 3. Now I got to platinum tier 3 in one day! I've lost like only 2 games since the patch and my MMR has gone up by about 200~300. Can't help but feel a lack of accomplishment though, as I suspect something funny happened to the ladder. Anyone know what's going on?ElementSix0 4d
4d alarak suggestion alarak only gets air units when he summons his death fleet. my suggestion is to make the destroyer available as a stand alone unit in addition to still including it with death fleet. for example on level 10, same as the death fleet. it would not require a lot of work either as the model for the tal`darim stargate does exist.andreasasp11 4d
4d Part and Parcel Issues Hey there! Am I the only one who thinks this map is extremely stressful and no fun at all? Right att he beginning you struggle with several attack waves, an 8000hp train that moves through enemy territory and also you have to collect these 70 parts EVERY SINGLE TIME AGAIN. I've not beaten this map on hard so far, it is just WAY too !@#$ing hard. Even on Casual it's harder than most blizz maps on hard difficulty which makes no sense. This scrap mechanic is the the worst thing on this map, the second thing that is so annoying is the first bonus that is nearly impossible to achieve.Ionschatten3 4d
4d An appeal from and to all WOL / HOTS players Dear friends, Some of you might know me from playing WOL and HOTS on the EU and NA ladder. Like most of you (so I assume) I was quite shocked logging in yesterday to find out that the WOL and HOTS ladders have been removed entirely. Until we remedy this catastrophy through protest (we shall stop at nothing) I am setting up a mailing list so we can all join a groups for the respective game on battle.net . I will provide details to the list shortly here and the group is called "HOTS WOL Players" on battle.net. Please join up so we can continue to play the game as we enjoy it in custom games. I think we should try to make the best of a bad situation. To Blizzard and others asking what the big deal about the ladders removal is: Some of us enjoy playing 2-3 hours of starcraft II on the weekend after a long workweek to relax. LOTV does not allow you to relax. I've played enough LOTV up to a high level to know that for me as a 34 year old the game is too taxing to really enjoy it like I have the previous editions. For my older brother or other friends I play with (in their late 40s) LOTV is entirely too taxing and intimidating. None of my closest Bnet friends have taken to it. Yes there is coop, but you know what, they haven't taken to that either. There were roughly about 50000 people still playing wol/hots and from one day to another their joy and passion has been stunted. There were some dudes playing 800 1v1 wings of liberty games per season, and they were serious about their ladder. I'm absolutely positive more people were playing HOTS/WOL than archon, yet archon remained. I don't really care in what shape or form, whether its ranked or unranked or simply 1v1 and 2v2 but I ask you to reinstate Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm ladder in some way. Thank you. Everyone in favor, pls bump accordingly.ƗƧƩẊƳƁƛƆƘƗ6 4d
4d The Horners are absolutely amazing +Guide If they made a campaign revolving around the two of them I'd play the everliving everything out of it. I loved them back in WoL/HotS, but now that I can hear Mira flirting and Matt staying cripsy professional in a stalwart display of denial... aaah it just brightens my day. Also Mira's Assault Galleons shame Carriers at being carriers, which is adding insult to injury seeing how they got nerfed (again). And the C&C/RA feel of the Strike Crafts is heartwarming. They're seldom worth the effort (spending that gas/supply on air units is arguably a better idea). Lastly, that Reaper pistol damage... really? But then again, they can open portals to the elemental plane of grenades so it kinda balances out.SirPancake3 4d
4d Stronger Death Chance? Hey, I just hit level 15 with Han and Horner and wanted to allocate my mastery point when I saw that one of the Power Set 1 abilities is "Stronger Death Chance" with a Tooltip that says "Grants chance of getting an improved Death effect". Can anybody explain to me what that's supposed to mean? It's not really self explainatory :-/ Thanks in advance!Metathron1 4d
5d F2P for coop is utter !@#$e. Having too many plonkers around with lvl 1-5 commanders playing hard & brutal. Newbies, no idea how to play those commanders + no idea about this game and missions. Well done Blizzard! This is the stupidest thing you've ever done!AlQaholic9 5d
5d Fenix feedback Hello! I have noticed that after I used Fenix's abilities it is hard to click on the targeted unit. I hit a Hybrid reaver with all I had, then tried to check his life and I had to click on it at least 3 times until I could select the unit. In the unit description the Adept is shown as if they can attack only ground units. But in game, they can attack air too. Adept's anti-air is good, otherwise there would not be a-a ground unit except the sentry (or how it's called) which has a low attack.Mazso13 5d
5d Random choose on Co-op missions After i finish playing a random commander mission the menu goes back to choosing a commander instead of continuing with the "random" selection and thats rly frustrating and inconvenient. Is it possible to improve the interface on that part ?GUEVARA3 5d
5d XXX XXXAvalon1 5d
5d Spray in Coop Greetings! Since the last patch was released the selected spray doesn't work in coop mode. Dunno about other multiplayer, 'cause I dont play them. But it was so nice back in the days, when I signalled my ally with a cheese. ^^ Could this be fixed, please?Mazso1 5d
5d something needs to be done about treason i have now played 2 co-op games where my ally have attacked me. in one, my wrath walker was reduced to almost no shields but it was worse on the other one where the player destroyed my workers(not the same player). my suggestion is this: when a player attacks another the game ends in defeat for the attacking player and in victory for the attacked player. that way, no players gets punished for being attacked but rather for attacking others. for suggesting an attack the game ends in defeat for the writer of the message and victory for the other.andreasasp10 5d
6d strike fighters cost too much i never use them because they cost gas which i need for stronger units. there is 2 ways to fix that. one is to increase gas production. the other is to remove its gas cost.andreasasp2 6d
6d WTF JUST HAPPENED MMR CHANGE!? I GET DEMOTED FROM MASTER TIER 1 RANK 1 TO BRONZE TIER 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? https://imgur.com/6bpCyVl 0 MMR ?! https://imgur.com/tuCPfvyZetta7 6d
15 Nov Matchmaking queues are currently unavailable? Looks like the servers are down ? Login ones seem fine. Coop and multiplayer games are down and stats page :( Please fix, need to play more games, it's Sunday! #FeelsBadManRenovatio3 15 Nov
15 Nov Too Much Mira... I love the new coop commander for game play as I think they are amazing and very unique. However, I did find that it is less a Matt Horner commander and more a Mira Han commander. Blizzard said that everyone wanted a Matt Horner commander but it felt wrong to add him without Mira. To me this feels like Matt should be the main person here and Mira takes a backline. I have no problem with Mira's units being the baseline ones as I love how fun it is and I love Matts battlecrusiers. The issue I have is that the only person you ever see in game is Mira in the corner when you select any unit, the commander picture is Mira and most of the voice lines are Mira. I would like the Matt voicelines to be more prominent than they are now and I would like to have Matt in the corner when you have any of his units in the unit group as it gives you Mira early on and Matt later on. This would feel right and be more like the Matt Horner commander that so many of us wanted.ConShrekster0 15 Nov
15 Nov Liberators too universal I realy dislike the units such a liberator - no tech lab requirement so can be massed and easy obtained - huge antiground DPS ( 23 / supply) with big liberation zone - splash air damage - air unit Same cost and supply as disruptor , seems ridiculous So what to do a) add targeting delay, before shot - liberation zone can be quickly passed w/o damage taken with fast units - to compensate this liberator shots have same effect as marauders concussive shells b) change requirement to tech lab - can not be massed c) reduce ATG atack to something like old void-ray - light atack that increase damage over time IMHO: T has too many instant high-damage weapons (tanks, liberators, widdow mines)Murkhach1 15 Nov
15 Nov Matchmaking is (still) broken.. Played 5 games today all 2-2, random allys 3 on europe, all 3 totally unfair, so i switched to usa and played 2 there, 1 afk ally and 1 guess what? yes unfair.. So i don't feel like playing anymore today, maybe i'll try again tomorrow, but i don't enjoy this at all so only a matter of time i stop (again) for a year+. Something so simple and u manage to completely mess it up to the point that people stop playing, really sad. This is not just today, i get these games at least 80% of the time now, really not enjoyable.WhiteWidow7 15 Nov
14 Nov Next CO-OP commander Who would you like? I would like Talandar (Robotic Fenix) or somebody from Terrans. Any other suggestion?DEU32 14 Nov
13 Nov SC2 Free to play: 5 years late Since 2010, blizzard takes little steps on all game areas. They took 2 years to delete swarmhost. They took almost 1 year to remove tankivacs. And now it took almost 4 years to make it for free. I mean 4 years because WOL is really the game. Expansions are no-work addons and new units, using same tools. We´re paying really for the 1vs1. Now the game is on a awful state. See protosses. 2 years and players and protoss pros plummiting on the statistics. The semifinals: TVZ, finals: ZVZ. You even know that partinG started playing early this year again and left it again because of the ridicolous situation ?. And now finals are ZVZ. And the following patch is even worse: Protoss has no tools to defend early Z agression until you go to forge like HOTS and blind robo. Try to go 2 base muta against a protoss. it´s an easy win. See Harstem loosing to Stephano´s 2013 swarmhost style using spore/mass infestor. He made a 200/200 carrier and 5000 Mineral bank and lose to this. And terran... liberators... 1-a? Why use a ? Plant and bait. Ez win. Honestly: no tools - balance - less tools. WTF? Protoss players: left the game Protoss pros: no motivation since people like Special can make it to Blizzcon SF. And now the game is free to play, guess what: no one will choose protoss from the start, added to early game nerf: Two race game. Enjoy it. PD - Cheaters made it again with your RAM adresses on a well known web. Change it on the next patch please. Send me an email and i told you the URL. ThanksTwoRaceGame6 13 Nov
13 Nov Team matchmaking is a bad joke and you know it Random teams versus premade teams [Check] Unranked players versus/with Ranked players [Check] Cross league matchmaking - also known as Diamond vs Platinum or even Master vs Bronze [Check] Unfair or even ridiculous stupid matchups [Check] Win percentage has no effect of opponents or allies [Check] ELO-rating prison - hardly impossible to get away from your forced rating [Check]VinkuLelu5 13 Nov
13 Nov Zerg OP in PvZ Every game pretty the same Bo from Zerg. Mass lings (3:40) into mass hydra (5:20) 3rd base after 5:30 and massing up drones to a higher superiority economy. Meanwhile, the Protoss sits on 2 bases and can't expand because of mass lings in front of the 3rd base location. Zealosts are useless without the charge update. Voidrays can't defeat hydra. Immortals haven't the shield ability to stand for long. Stalkers are right now weak against hydra and lings. How do you match up against Zerg? I try to make timing attack on 5:25 but it's mostly to late for me to do anything.Avalon12 13 Nov
12 Nov Time for new rule on Match Making System How it is possible i'm searching 4v4 team mode, random game on HOTS and when i find a game i'm playing with qpublic player in my team. He is loosing game for purpose every time (when he is playing with me in same team). I'm reporting him every time he is losing for purpose or he is away from keyboard. I realy dont know how many times i reported him already - 10-20? Maybe more. And still he is playing with me and loosing more. Why? What for - to loose more? To irritate me more? How i'm able to win a game alone vs other team or at least 3 vs (4+1)? qpublic (0 APM on the match) battlenet:://starcraft/profile/2/16979139115712774144 MiguelJavier (12 APM) battlenet:://starcraft/profile/2/9747614847356370944 Here we go with replay stats: http://sc2replaystats.com/replay/5676354 and replay file: http://sc2replaystats.com/download/5676354 I think maybe it's time to implement rule on Match Making System (Team Making System) to stop creating team with players who added them self to ignore list. And maybe some special penal picture that was given to the player in which the report for passing the matches would be confirmed.dawciobiel10 12 Nov
11 Nov Diamonds in Silver (MMR abuse) = No new players I am really tired of playing with guys from diamond/master league that quit (after 1-2 sec) like 10-20 matches in a row to stay in gold/plat. Other guy loses 5 qualification matches (also by qutting) at beginning of season and then starts from Bronze. Such matches are now ca. 20 % of all my games. Reporting gives nothing. Looks like amount of active players is soo low that noone wants to ban them because then there will be even less active accounts. But how can you keep new players if they cannot advance in league or at least have a matches with players with similar skill?Wizu8 11 Nov
11 Nov Protoss New Early Game Defense Hi im looking to get ideas on defending early game as protoss using the new shield battery. Should i throw it down with every opening or use it only when im expecting aggression. Can i use it to wall off against zerg. Also wondering if any1 has tried cannon rush with shield ??Chronic0 11 Nov
10 Nov Legal Cheating by Blizzard Mules are cheating items to buff your economy!Avalon2 10 Nov
09 Nov Protoss Should i still learn Im a returning player who is curious to see if there is any point on learning protoss atm or waiting till msc has been removed.Chronic8 09 Nov
09 Nov Protoss game play is trash! A mix up of 3 Tanks, marines and liberators. GG after I see that! There is nothing you can do! So much dps! And your only Tank killer (Immortal) is trash after the nerfed the shield! The issue is not to buff Protoss again, no! There must be a nerf of Terran and Zerg in a way Protoss players can get back into the game. The balance path is moving in the wrong direction! Wow Blizzard you really like to destroy your games!Avalon5 09 Nov
08 Nov LOTV is dead, right? I hate the game since HOTS finished. Its not SC2 anymore. I just checked the stats, worldwide, there are only 79k people playing multiplayer. End of HOTS was 350k and of course, the start of SC2 was about 3.5 million. I'm a semi-pro player, beat Harstem and many pro gms etc. always tippy top master / GM etc before. Now its just spam units and hope. So little strategy, so little fun. I quit SC2 as of now. Anyone else lost the will to care? FoxFox119 08 Nov
08 Nov SC2 Legacy wait too long multiplayer SC2 Legacy multiplayer , can somebody tell me why we are supposed to wait more than 5 mn for a multiplayer game rank or not rank 4 vs 4 in french Country ? Is there no more player ? Starting to go for other game instead of SC2 ...marcus2 08 Nov
08 Nov It's normal to lose if you are Protoss! look above!Avalon1 08 Nov
07 Nov Test matchmaking So apparently this doesnt use our 1v1 ranked MMR to match us, another home run decision there blizzard. I must admit i really enjoy trying to learn the new, albeit !@#$ changes and constantly playing people 2-3 leagues above me. makes for great, fun gameplay. This was the last blizzard title i actually bothered with, looks that wont last long either, well done.Fancyfootwrk0 07 Nov