Multiplayer Discussion

26 Jul 2010 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the StarCraft II discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of StarCraft II with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the StarCraft II community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://forums.battle.net/forum-coc.html), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The StarCraft II forums are for discussion of topics directly related to StarCraft II The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to StarCraft II, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum code of conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules. Xordiah0 26 Jul 2010
14 Mar Multiplayer Introduction Starcraft II is a Real Time Strategy (RTS) game and, even if it has an amazing single player campaign, its best part is the multiplayer. Starcraft II was build from the beginning to be an e-sport. How you can start? This topic wants to be an introduction for new players, here you will find useful links and hints. First, if you are totally new to RTS, you should play the singleplayer campaign. Its storyline is gorgeous and you will also be able to learn some basic mechanics of Starcraft (like resources gathering, how to build up bases, units and so on). You can discuss about mission, lore and topic related to singleplayer, in this section: --> http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/11819/ After this you should do Challenges. Challenges are 9 in total, they are a singleplayer experience and they are here to be a bridge toward multiplayer. Each mission has 3 different objectives, if you complete all of them with a Gold award you will acquire a good amount of experience with units, races and basic multiplayer's mechanics. Don't worry if you will have to repeat some of them, this is normal, challenges are not meant to be easy. More you practice, more you will learn. More information about this, here: --> http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/1834019 Now you can start to play with and against other human beings. My advice is to chose one specific race and play mainly with it, so you can focus on its unit, building, strategies and you will learn more faster how to play. When you hit for the first time the Multiplayer button you will have the option to play 50 matches in a Practice League. You don't have to do them all, you can just play a bit here so you can choose your favorite race. Remember that in this league the game speed is slower than normal and maps have some variants to help you, so this is not a real environment, don't focus too much. Use this time to try each of the 3 races and choose what you like most for the real ladder. You can have more information about races and units, here: --> http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/game/ If you are looking for a complete list of FAQs about Ladder and League, just go there: --> http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2418222057 The most popular league is the 1v1. A bloody duel with another player. This is also the most difficult, so you should play here only when you will have some experience. My advice is to start form 4v4 and 3v3, where you are with other allies. They can help you and you will not have all the match on your shoulder. The most fun thing is to find some friends and play with them regularly. There are a lot of way to find someone, you can use this forum, in-game chat system, official fansite website, or you can bring to Starcraft II some of your real friends! The first matches could be a bit frustrating, but after few games you will learn the basics and more positive results will come. Another important aspect is the language used by us. Often we use a lot of neologism and acronyms, here you can find an helpful list: --> http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/47685 --> http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/273068Ligario29 14 Mar
08 Jan Starcraft 2 tips & tricks I thought it would be nice to have a list of the various tips and facts about the game that are not widely known, but can be very useful in game. Here's what I have so far : Control : * Backspace cycles through all your command centers/hatcheries/nexuses. * Ctrl+click a unit selects all units of the same type currently on screen. * Ctrl+shift+click selects all units of that type on the screen and adds them to your selection. * Ctrl+F1 selects all idle workers. * Shift+number adds the currently selected units to the control group. * Rally points can be set on units. * Rally points can be queued to have the units follow a certain path when spawning. * W selects all warpgates. * Ctrl+Alt+Click on the main screen sends a signal on the minimap. * Use Alt+Key to turn on/off autocast abilities without using the mouse. * You can repeatedly use an ability by keeping its hotkey pressed. Works with spells (Psi Storm, EMP, Fungal Growth, etc) as well as unit production keys. Gameplay : * Unburrow can be set to autocast. Useful for transforming Banelings into landmines. * Burrowed Banelings can be detonated manually. * Spawn larva can be cast on the minimap. * EMP can be cast on buildings like Command Center and Nexus. * The mothership cloaks buildings. * Chronoboost affects warpgates reducing the Warp In cooldown from 15 seconds to 11.25 seconds. * You can cast Chronoboost on the minimap * Mules can repair. * Roaches can burrow under forcefields. * You can feedback and EMP Point Defense Drones. * Spawning creep tumors can be cancelled, restoring the energy. * You can stimpack units inside bunkers. * Colossus can be loaded into transports. * SCVs with auto-repair can repair mechanical units inside medivacs. * One on one, an unsieged tank beats a sieged tank. * Fungal growth reveals cloaked and burrowed units. * EMP temporarily reveals permanently cloaked units. * Banelings are not light units. * Hallucinated units grant vision. Use it to scout or look over cliffs. * You can use abandoned enemy Tech Labs and Reactors with your own buildings. * Workers that are going to collect resources or return cargo enter a special no collision mode which allows them to pass through other units (even enemy). Trivia : * Units will say additional dialogue if clicked multiple times. * Repeatedly clicking on a critter will make it explode. * Hatcheries/lair field of vision shrinks when they're mutating. * If you build two Nydus Networks, they will be connected. * Hatcheries provide 2 supply. * Using Neural Parasite on a egg will kill it. * The Nydus Network has a capacity of 1020 slots, or 255 units, whichever comes first. Micro/macro : Moving drop tip : to perform a moving drop, move your transport to a location, press D, and click on a transport. The transport will drop units below it while continuing to move. Do this for each transport. Useful for : baneling drops on a Terran bioball army, or for spreading your troops to avoid splash damage. Tutorial : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWjRvzrFpFo Zerg macro tip : put all your queens in a control group, then when the time to spawn larvae comes, select the group, press shift+V and click all the hatcheries on the minimap. The queen closest to each hatchery will spawn larvae there. Sending your workers to gas tip : select 6 or more workers from your mineral line, then using shift+click remove portraits until you have exactly six. Right click on one of the geysers. Next remove 3 more portraits and send the remaining workers to the other geyser. To avoid losing any already-mined minerals after right clicking the geyser press C to return cargo. The worker will then automatically return to mine the geyser you clicked. Command queuing tip : any ability can be queued. This allows some combos like queuing move+blink on a stalker, or move+siege mode on a tank. However you can only queue abilities that are currently on the command card. For example, you cannot queue unburrow+fungal growth on a burrowed infestor, even if fungal growth would be available when unburrowed. Baneling morph is the exeption to this rule and will be executed as soon as the command is clicked. Field repair tip : you can drop mules on the battlefield to perform emergency repairs on units like battlecruisers which would take too long to bring back to the base. Marines vs Banelings tip : The least APM-intensive way to micro Marines away from Banelings is by "patrolling" - (P + click) them away. This causes the closest Marine to stop and shoot while the others are still running away - then next marines only stopping when they get in range - and so on. This will reduce the Marine casualties since they don't get clumped up and die in one massive acid explosion. Please comment with your own tips and I'll add them to this post!vic157 08 Jan
10 Jun LADDER and LEAGUE: Everything you need to know There are always a lot of questions about Ladder, League system, Division and how they all work. Some months ago I did a first version of this FAQ, but since I need a lot more space I've made a whole new version. :D Every answer is verified. If you have other questions, just add them with a replay and they will be added. ;) INDEX LEAGUE AND DIVISION: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2418222057?page=1#2 PROMOTION AND DEMOTION: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2418222057?page=1#3 WIN/LOSS RATIO: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2418222057?page=1#4 BONUS POOL & NEW SEASON: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2418222057?page=1#5 USEFUL LINKS: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2418222057?page=1#6Ligario179 10 Jun
14h Looking for a Co-Op partner Dear All, I am looking for a co-op partner or partners. I really like the co-op mode and if you are playing it and enjoying it as well and need a partner or think it would be better to have a partner, please contact me. Best, ramms (buckstabu)buckstabu0 14h
22h PvT against Hydra on Third base timing. Looking for advice from Diamond+ players please. What are you protoss players out there leaning to when getting splash against this? Disrupters, HT or Colossus? Please don't ask for replays and say macro is more important blah blah. This is a question on composition. Thankyou for your time!LoneWolf1 22h
1d Blizz please maintain your game! Salty salty salty with pepper. Starcraft 2 is the best game ever released imo but it is sad that blizzard doesn't take care of their game. At least do some effort to keep it alive! 1) They should patch much more frequently. Does not have to be big patches at all. 2) Almost all the maps in LotV are horrible. Especially team maps. A good team map has the allied players starting close and at least 2 easily accessible expansions per player. Almost no maps fullfill these SIMPLE criteria! It's not good to have separate starting locations because rushes are the only viable strategy even if you prefer macro. Since the map design is so weird and you have to walk around half the map to defend your natural or to help your ally AIR UNITS are way to strong. They can just fly back and forth forever and you can't do anything with ground units. I don't think skytoss is op, it's the maps that make it op. 3) It's not fun to get +2 or +4 or +12 or +1 or +0 (LIKE WTF) mmr in master2/master1 teamgames when you win and then when you lose 1 game lose -127 points. Why even bother playing if you need to win more than x10games than losses just to keep your mmr steady? Isn't a 3 to 1 winrate good enough in high masters?!?! 4) Now AGAIN you have destroyed the score screen by making it impossible to view a players profile and then go back to score screen to check next player. Pressing cancel profile now makes you go directly to main menu so in a 4v4 team game if you want to check every player's profile you have to open your replay menu SEVEN TIMES?! Salty salty salty with pepper. Ps. Only good thing I can say that blizz has done lately is the Review function. Good job on that. But then again, according to your logic you need to do 10 good things for each bad thing to keep it even. So it doesn't count. Parsi out, CheersParsimonySWE12 1d
2d Bring Back Old Chronoboost So I just got back into LotV and realised that they've done a 180 on the Chronoboost mechanic. No longer can you stack up chronoboost and chrono multiple buildings at once. And no longer is it something you commit a small amount of effort to every 90 seconds to get right. I really don't see any benefit to the new version apart from making the game less APM intensive, something which Protoss already didn't have much of an issue with (no injects, no mules, no scans). Does anyone actually like the new mechanic? What do you guys think of bringing back the old chronoboost? I know it's a long shot, but I really miss the tactical choices and mechanical skill the old chronoboost allowed. Unless someone (including Blizzard) can give me a good reason why this much simpler mechanic is superior, I think we should at least try to get this mechanic back to its original glory.XenoX3 2d
4d Nerf those usless fuking terrans Theyre are to much op, wtf, i mean just fuking spamm units, spamm units cause ya, cheap and op, no mater what do as protoos you lose vs mass terans, and yeah, i played terans gold 3 in a less than 25 games, cause ya, op mass spammLurr12 4d
5d League achivement If you got to GM in archon but due to mmr decay your'e not down in master 3 will you get the achievement for GM when season ends or for master? My guess is for master, but i wanna prove my mates wrong !NitchBigga0 5d
16 Jun . Can you please add the option to disable ingame chat ? waiting for this for so longspaz8 16 Jun
15 Jun Looking for SC friends! Anyone here aged about 30, platinum/diamond level fancy adding eachother as casual practise partners? Could smash some twos or threes too. Bit of a strange request I know but I feel like Starcraft is a little empty for me at the moment and wouldn't mind it being a little bit more social. I work funny shifts and I'm currently watching more than I'm playing but I think that is down to being burnt out from constant ladder. Hit me up if you're singing from the same sheet here.LoneWolf2 15 Jun
14 Jun 2v2 ranked teammate wanted :D So I've only recently gotten back into ranked play on Starcraft 2, I'm a Diamond/Gold Zerg player in 1v1 (EU). I really want to find a 2v2 partner, my girlfriend plays with me, but we can only get into Gold 3/2 before the difficulty is just too high for her. I play 1v1s a fair bit, but I just find it really boring compared to team games.HDee1 14 Jun
13 Jun Which commander to level to 15 next? I have 3 commanders on 15 right now: Raynor, Swann and Nova. Vorazun is at level 7. Should I level Vorazun to 15 too and then be done for it for a while and concentrate on a high mastery level? I want to be able to beat the toughest mutations on Brutal consistently. Also, which commanders are in your opinion the strongest right now?AarynGenD0 13 Jun
12 Jun Any way to ban zerg players from 2v2 or team? I am tired to lose games cause some !@#$s play the most usless faction in this game and get crushed in less than few minutes, every time is lost when i have a zerg in my team and from miracle i win al the other ones, why they still play that usless faction if they still lose 90% of theyre games? I looked to a zerg guy in my team few days ago, 23 lost games streak, with a %^-*y zerg, and his still silver 1. managed to paltinum in 1 v1, cant get even gold with this !@#$s zergs in team.Lurr4 12 Jun
11 Jun Balance Report TvZ In regard to the complaining of many Zerg players about the TvZ, I played some games to see if it's true. Indeed, there is a discrepancy in the economic value of the game. A Terran player with 16 workers and mules on 2 bases, has the same Eco like a Zerg with 32 Drones! Yes, the economic advance is so high that the Terran will overrun the Zerg after 7 min. Is Terran now the new Zerg? Probably yes!Avalon11 11 Jun
11 Jun Dehaka in Co-Op I've had some ideas for a while, was going through the forums feeling bored and I thought I'd post them. I'm not saying "blizz pay attention, I want this in the game", all I'm saying is "what the hell, let's have some fun". So I'm just putting this out here, see what the response is :D Key features > Primal Zerg - Units that evolve during the battle > Dehaka, the Primal Pack Leader - Controllable unit on the field > The Essence of Zerus - Global abilities > No fancy morphing like Abathur and no upgrades either. Dehaka is no evolution master. The level one talent would be: Primal Zerg Units gain 1 essence for each 1 supply worth of enemies killed. Zerglings evolve into a more powerful version (+5HP/+2 attack/+1 armour, gain adrenal glands) upon gaining 1 essence. Dehaka starts with a Hive (40 supply) surrounded by a primal spawning pool (can spawn zerglings directly, replaces the visual of creep) that spreads no creep and spawns no Larvae. Instead, Dehaka's units birth rapidly one by one (like Terran/Protoss production). Before I get into other talent suggestions, let's get an idea for what his units would be: 1. Drones (duh) work like any other drones. Idk. Maybe a colourful teal & orange would be nice 2. Primal Zergling - 45 HP, 6 damage (8 after 1 kill), 0.7 atk speed (0.5 after 1 kill), 4 movement speed, uses primal zergling with no back ridge model, and with 1 back ridge upon gaining 1 essence, slightly bigger 3. Primal Roach - 160 HP, 1 armour, 20 damage, 1.6 atk speed, 2.5 movement speed, uses primal roach model 4. Primal Hydralisk - 100 HP, 16 damage, 0.8 atk speed, 2.5 movement speed, uses primal hydralisk model 5. Primal Ultralisk - 400 HP, 2 armour, 25 single target damage, 0.6 atk speed, 3 movement speed, uses primal ultralisk model, cost reduced (250/150 or so) 6. Primal Mutalisk - 120 HP, 9-3-1 damage, 1 atk speed, 4 movement speed, uses primal mutalisk model 7. Primal Guardian - 150 HP, 30 damage, 2 atk speed (ground), 10 damage, 2 atk speed (air), 2.5 movement speed, uses primal guardian model, 150/200 cost, spawns directly from hive 8. Swarm Host - 160 HP, 1 armour, 3 movement speed, identical to Abathur's (don't have stats on wikis for this one :P), 200/100 cost 9. Primal Hive - 1500 HP, 1 armour, 10 damage, 1.5 atk speed, 2.5 movement speed (ground and air), can spawn units just like the main hive, 200 minerals, provides 20 supply, drones can bring minerals/gas to it 10. Dehaka - 600 HP, 3 armour, 20 damage, 1.5 atk speed, 2.5 movement speed. Abilities: > Drag (like a Viper's Abduct), > Dark Swarm (A combination of Dark Swarm and Plague Defiler abilities, and Dark Swarm from Heroes of the Storm - deals 200 damage over 10 seconds while reducing damage by 50% in an area around Dehaka), > Isolation (Blinding cloud from Vipers, detects units), > Adaptation (units around Dehaka heal 100% of the damage they take over 5 seconds) > Dehaka's life (+10), life and energy regeneration and damage (+1) increase after each essence gained. Now for the talents, so you have a better understanding of how awesome this could be: Level 2: Locust Swarm - unlocks the Locust Swarm ability (similar to The Crucible campaign mission ability that spawns locusts from the primal pool surrounding the main Hive) Level 3: Essence collector - Roaches, Hydralisks and Mutalisks evolve upon gaining 2 essence. > Roaches gain +4 attack/+2 armour, roaches regenerate life faster than other units and gain the Crashing Charge ability (after a 0.5s delay, the Roach charges forwards and pushes back any units at the target location) > Hydralisks gain +2 attack/+2 armour/+1 range, hydralisks attack more targets at once (similar to Zagara's Medusa Blades) and gain the Spine Volley ability (deals damage in a cone in front of the Hydralisk over 2 seconds) > Mutalisks gain +2 attack/+2 armour, bouncing attacks no longer deal reduced damage. In addition, Mutalisks periodically throw Glaive Parasites that don't bounce, but deal increased damage Level 4: Elongated tongue Upon gaining 10 essence, Dehaka's drag has increased range Level 5: Carrion Locusts Upon gaining 3 essence, Swarm hosts spawn 2 additional locusts and 2 flying locusts (to a maximum of 6 locusts at any given time). Flying locusts are faster, deal 50% more damage, but have 25% lower life and duration. Level 6: Swift Pursuit After every kill, Dehaka gains a temporary movement and attack speed increase Level 7: Improved Hive Primal Hives now provide 40 supply each Level 8: Essence Devourer Ultralisks and Guardians evolve upon gaining 5 essence > Ultralisks - gains +5 attack/+4 armour, attacks gain 20 splash damage and Ultralisks gain the Primal Roar ability that lowers surrounding enemies' armour to 0 > Guardians - gains +10 attack/+2 armour/+3 range, attacks deal splash damage and slow enemies in an area Level 9: Paralysing enzymes - Upon gaining 20 essence, Dehaka's drag stuns for 5 seconds Level 10: Evolution Catalyst - unlocks the Evolution Catalyst ability that evolves all of Dehaka's units once one by one. Dehaka gains 10 essence. 600 second Cooldown Level 11: Feeding Frenzy - Upon gaining 30 essence, Dehaka's drag also drags units around the target Level 12: Apex Predator - Evolve the zergling a second time upon gaining 3 essence (2 additional essence from previous evolution), uses primal zergling model with 2 back ridges, noticeably bigger > Zerglings gain an additional +10HP/+2 attack/+1 armour and a Frenzy ability that increases their attack and movement speed by 100% for 5 seconds every 15 seconds Level 13: Essence Claws - In addition to gaining essence himself, Dehaka's kills distribute essence to random units in his army Level 14: Eternal Mother - Swarm Hosts evolve once more upon gaining 15 essence (an additional 12 after the previous evolution). Can only have one Eternal Mother active at one time. She periodically spawns 6 ground locusts, 4 air locusts and 2 creepers (on a 10 second Cooldown) that explode and deal damage in an area. Has an Acidic Saliva ability that deals consistent damage in a target area. Detector. Level 15: Change is Survival - Isolation slows units and spreads during its duration, Adaptation increased to 200% healing. Mastery Levels: Tier one: Unit spawn rate -0.5%-15% or Increased unit movement speed +1-30% Tier two: Locust Swarm additional locusts +1-30 or Random unit evolution chance +0.5%-15% Tier three: Dark Swarm effects +3.33%-99.99% or Dehaka can move while burrowed, knocks enemies back when emerging +1-30s Notes: > I imagine the next official commander will be terran. In any case, the next Zerg commander will probably be Dehaka > The numbers are of course not balanced around anything. They just look usable mostly or (in the case of unit stats) have been used in the campaign. > Dehaka's buildings would include Primal Hive, Extractor, Roach Warren, Hydralisk Den, Spire and Ultralisk Cavern. Like with the units, I imagine Blizzard would make nice recolours like they did for Alarak and Fenix :D > I didn't used the Zerusian Spine building and Ravasaur unit simply because I personally don't like their design. Not the best reason, but what can you do. > I also have similar fleshed out ideas for an Izsha commander. Will post if people find this one entertaining.MHM0 11 Jun
10 Jun CO-OP Content Man, I'd give my left nut for some more co-op content.Pubicbear4 10 Jun
02 Jun Is there any way to play the april fool mutation again? I like this map. Yeees, it is unbalanced but still funny. Is there any way to play it again? Eg. add it as normal map like "Void trashing" or to the custom mutation menu as selectable map.vGǂIsti3 02 Jun
02 Jun Arcade games reset?? From one day to the other, all my arcade stats reseted. In mineralz evolution and desert strike (and I guess every game) stats dissapiered. I've only my probe... What happened?Zsolti8 02 Jun
02 Jun Player stayed in game after last building destroyed So, me and a friend played a 2v2. One of the enemies SURRENDERED as we rushed him early so we didn't bother with his base any longer. We proceeded to destroy the other enemy. Upon destroying his last building, he was revealed and the reveal showed no buildings but... he did not lose. Instead he had rebuilt the other player's economy since he now had control over his units and defeated us with it. What happened? Did his ally's buildings keep him alive? He had no buildings left whatsoever, I checked the replay multiple times!Hamau3 02 Jun
02 Jun Co-op Abathur unit suggestion: infestor Given that Abathur is the only zerg that can make ravagers, infestors could complement his ground army very well, making roach-ravager-queen- infestor a viable tech choice. Ravagers are pretty much useless once you get access to higher tier units at 15+ levels right now. Plus, it would be so much fun and refreshing to play groundMrOatmeal3 02 Jun
02 Jun An idea for Dead of Night map Hello everyone I wanted to share an idea for this Co-op map. Since this map has only one base per player, and no expansion bases, and yet each base has more minerals and gas than usual, my idea is this : How about a bounty for every Choker, Spotter, Kaboomer and Stank killed ? (Kaboomers killed get 50 minerals and Stanks get 300, maybe ?) This extra income could become useful in the early and late stages of the game. But then, the point of this map is to be quick, right ? Anyway, it was just a thought :D Is it worth it ? It could be fun :) Thanks for reading :D CheersZERGB2 02 Jun
02 Jun Remove detection from Kaboomers and Chokers Too much detection units in this map.Daemonfeuer2 02 Jun
02 Jun team game matchmaking suck Right now if i win or i lose in team game,its not my fault or because i played good! I dont play this game a lot in fact i only play casually some team game and a lot of time i have to get ally that cannot play at my level or on a good level,im master 2 on team game and a lot of time i get noob that get fast 3 base with toss and no unit even if enemy is rushing and i tell him they are rushing,or noob void without defense or 3 zealot 6 min mark,thing like that! Ok i cant blame the player because it's not their fault if they cant play they are learning,but blizzard why almost every game i have to lose because u cant make 2 balanced team? Or it ez lose or it ez win,rarely i find an even match!Jaf1 02 Jun
02 Jun Co-op Difficulty I've been leveling some commanders in Co-op, and have yet to see anyone playing at a higher difficulty than normal, even when they have 50 mastery levels. Is this still going to be the case when I start hitting max level and switch to brutal rather than normal or hard?Firth5 02 Jun
30 May tosh for co-op commander i think tosh could be a good addition to co-ops commanders what does anyone else think?Richard1 30 May
29 May Do co-op mutation repeat? Sorry if I couldn't find it if it is anywhere, but, do they repeat if we can't do one after a time, because of personal life and such? do co-op mutations repeat after a time?TheLightning1 29 May
27 May My Matt Horner Idea Horner Co-op Hero The commander of the dominion military. As such he has access to all of the most powerful arsenal of the Dominion. He also can summon a few commanders onto the field of battle. These commanders are veterans and are considered some of the best warriors of the Dominion, having survived countless battles and wars. Units: Marines Medics Spectres Warhounds Diamondbacks Here's where it gets interesting, his air arsenal (which can be built at a starport): Leviathan Battlecruiser: This is a very old class of battlecruiser. They are the weakest, yet least expensive. Behemoth Battlecruiser: Basically the SC1 class battlecruiser. Great for single-target damage. Minotaur Battlecruiser: Basically the SC2 class battlecruiser...but with more missile batteries (basically the same amount as in Nova's campaign, if you upgrade the BCs with special ordanace, which gives it more guns). Slightly more expensive then the normal SC2 battlecruiser. Gorgon Battlecruiser: The Gorgons you can call down in Nova Covert Ops, but weaker (in terms of HP and Health, but not too much), but you control them. These are super expensive, but can deal quite a bit and can give good support in an army. Can only have one at a time. Calldowns: All these are CPU controlled and rain havok in an area you call him down to so long as you have vision. After its health runs out or a certain amount of time, it "despawns." Tom Kazansky in an Archangel Gui Montag in the Odin Magellan in a Pirate Capital Ship (which also has Science Vessel-like support abilities. IE. Can irradiate and heal mechanical units, as well as summon a barrier on itself). Matt Horner in Bucephelus or White Star Gorgon Battlecruiser (can be either 50-50 chance, they are identical in stats, only difference is their name, stronger than the Starport version). Also you can only summon one of these at a time, and it will cost a certain amount of resources. When one of the summons ends, it has a bit of a cooldown (maybe a minute or so) before you can summon another. Also, you won't be able to summon the same one again if it lost its health (maybe for about 3-5 minutes). Basically the idea is expensive, but powerful. Thoughts? Anything you guys would do differently?Collater0 27 May
27 May Swann - what changes are needed? I recently started playing COOP missions and the commander i liked the most was Swann. I just find him very fun to play as and the Normal/Hard missions aren't giving me any problems. But i read in many threads/forums that Swann is one of the worst Commanders right now :( So i wanted to ask more experienced players what is wrong with Swann and what changes you think are needed to make Swann a much better commander?Stratos3 27 May
27 May Scythe of Amon badly designed? There is couple of reasons and all of them are purely cosmetic but in my opinion important because the mission as it is now breaks logic. 1. Timer, because of it this mission is almost clone of Rifts to Korhal. Also it makes little sense as Slivers are points through VoidShade is draining energy. Adding timer after destroying Sliver makes very little sense, logically VoidShade should awake when it drains enough energy. Energy should be displayed in some way and just the more Slivers are active the faster it will awake. The more and the faster you destroy them you will have more time for others. You may argue that it is almost identical to how it is right now but there are huge differences. You would have to plan to take all of them, not just wait to 2 min mark and 'a move'. If you didn't go high eco and rushed 2 or 3 Slivers you could have more time for the final 2 as energy would fill a lot slower etc. 2. Bonus objective, protoss have really easy access to teleportation and fast traveling ship technologies. As it is now its just a joke (it would fit for terran or Zerg when using nydus isn't possible for some reason). More sense would make clearing some kind of warping beacon or for example reactivating some crystal formations to restore damaged psi matrix. It just don't fit here. 3. Basic idea of the mission: Gameplay is very nice, but it has is wasted potential. The whole Slivers and VoidShade idea would make for great bonus objective for other mission. You could have very demanding main objective but also if you don't destroy Slivers in time a very strong hybrid (maybe with some escort) will spawn and rush at players base. Also i would like to see some terrain destroying like in epilogue, what do you think guys? Blizzard just produces stuff for masses and i can't blame them, but great games and designs are created when you use at least little logic and consistency.SpyroMalin8 27 May
24 May More players for co-op Just curious, I don't know if this came up before, so I put this out there: How would people feel about 3- or 4-player Co-op missions on larger maps? I am not talking (x)vs(x) / North vs South multiplayer; I mean co-op/ mutation as it is, but on larger maps with more players (and maybe multiple enemies to make up for the additional players)?STA2 24 May
23 May Should I buy LOTV I used to play ladder in WOL, but quit after buying HOTS. I've been watching plenty of LOTV matches lately and I have been considering to buy LOTV only for ladder. I was top Plat in 1v1 in my North America account during WOL. Is it worth $40? Or will I quit soon after? BTW, I quit HOTS because it placed me in silver league and I just hated the game design. Thanks in advance.Professional11 23 May
23 May Mutation rewards What about making more interesting rewards for completing mutations. Like you get an achievement for completing it. But also for what commanders you've completed it with.. Would be nice to have a page, to go into an see what mutations, ive completed with what commanders both as me and ally and what difficulty.RMJ0 23 May
23 May Coop AI Comp: Bane scourge viper - Cool your jets Blizz That's it. If you play coop, you know what I am talking aboutMrOatmeal8 23 May
21 May Co-op LotV mission Brothers in Arms and SC Protoss mission 10: Eye of the Storm will be AWESOME Co-op missions!STA0 21 May
20 May Merge Americas + Europe servers TitleZetta1 20 May
18 May Co-oP - Miner Evacuation Greetings! Whenever I play this newest map and complete bonus objectives, at mission end I get +1978 XP instead of the 2000 like on all other maps. I think this is not supposed to be like this. Could this be fixed, please? Thanks in advance!Mazso5 18 May
18 May Im new and constantly losing every game. Any tips? Im a new silver player and Im using some simple terra builds focussed on medivacts and infantry rush until min 10 and attack ( 1,1 upgrades and stim +shields). Ive played like 10 games with my friend yet who also is completely new and doing the same build like me. I dont do everything right but im still not bad and doing fine i guess, but the enemies i have to face are always gold and platin and keep defeating me EVERY game besides one :) Yes we really managed to win a game.... I hoped to get ranked as bronze and starting with also new players, but even if i lost the first 5 games i got ranked as silver... wtf? Is it just me or does sc2's matchmaking suck so hard? Its really depressing and im rdy for any tips :)DwarfyLP22 18 May
18 May matchmaking 3v3, 4v4 Helle blizzard, I would like to tell you that your matchmaking in 3v3 and 4v4 is suck. Iam in master but i barerly holding there because i play with silver-platina vs master or diamond .... and when i lose with this ppl i usually lose -60 - -70 mmr and if i win i get 1 , 2 or 0 mmr ... other of my friends dont have any problem so i dont know if my account is somehow magickly infected or whatever but i'll be glad to fix this thanks.Sunshine4 18 May
17 May Co Op Suggestions Hey guys! 1)So i thought about those commanders reaching to level 90 mastery and all is left is to play for fun till bored, so that where the fun starts- customazion of the commanders like in HoTs kerrgian abillity panel which you can change in every mission to suit your situation, so in co op terms is soley for varieties of style combat and fun 2)Abathur's mutalisks upgrades are completely useless ( to me atleast) why should i pay so much for 3 upgrades while i got guardian and devourer to do such a great job? I think those upgrades belong to kerrigan's muta 3)Protoss and Terran got automated gas harvest ( vorazun, nova) while zerg got nothing, i think abathur should get it since he is the "top tech" zerger among kerrgian and zagara 4)Alarak as much as i like playing with this commander, still some improvments to be made, for example: Artanis got full supply on level 15 which reduces the need to build pylons for probes Karax got chrono boost by 500% and pylon construction instantly to build probes Vorazun got the Dark pylon to deploy to get instant supply and automated gas So im saying alarak compared to those have nothing so im thinking he should get enhanced probes to harvest minerals more quickly (speed harvest or value harvest) or some kind of special ability to transfer the minerals to gold minerals for 1 min or something like that What do you guys think?Starbringer1 17 May
16 May New ladder placement MMR & rank Hi :) I'm an EU player and am trying new strategies. I didn't want to do it on neither the ladder nor the unranked so I decided to go on the NA ladder for fun. After the first 5 placement matches I got placed into plat 3 with MMR of little more than 4k which should put me into diamond 3. I read a post where it was explained that this is just a provisional placement and my MMR should settle down after like 25 matches. Also it was mentioned that the rank climbing would be different as well. Can any of you guys, who has experience with this, explain to me in detail what's the rank climbing and mm going to be like? I.e. how much more do I have to increase my MMR to get placed into a higher rank? And also when will the actual rank MMR ranges apply to me? Cheers PS: It seems that NA is way easier than EU. I've seen really low level plays, limited splits against banes, no dodges on biles, etc. and was able to do 4-1 vs diamond players, whereas I'm only gold 1 on the EU :D Also it looks like there is a lot less cheese than we have on the EU and in particular in ZvZ, which caused me to lose a lot of games recently.Liamus1 16 May
15 May Fenix Unit Composition Ive yet to find a reason to build anything but scouts and carriers when playing Fenix. His ground based army just takes too long to get out or is just weak, as i find myself losing in ground vs ground on brutal. But let me explain: First regarding maps: Dead of Night & Miner Evacuation - The way i see it, its either colossi or scouts. His colossi are basicly fodder for banshees & abberations, since they lack the power to kill said units quick enough. Since scouts do bonus damage vs light ground units, they are practically made for those maps. Temple of the Past & Oblivion Express & Vermillion Problem Those are the kind of maps where you have to fight the AI coming towards you. I grouped those together because on all of those maps you have to fight the enemy in somewhat of a choke. Most ground units tend to clump up during those fights, making them vulnerable for AOE Dmg. Rest of the Maps All of the other maps do have some sort of base you have to push into, guarded by alot of hybrid/high tier units. Just as an example. lets say the base is filled with a bunch of carriers. Fenix only AA ground unit is the adept. But those - while their dmg is great - are quite fragil, making any sort of mass adept build pretty hard. Looking at things the other way around, based on enemy compositions: Robotoss - Either colossi or disruptors pretty much wreck any army of zealots& adepts, leaving possible immortals unprotected. While fenix own disruptors are a thing for that, ill tend to lose alot more units going disruptor than going scouts/carriers. Skyterran - Adepts get wrecked by liberators, no questions asked. Pretty much mandatory to go scout/carrier, but still one of the harder enemy comps to play against Bio terran - Pretty much the same things apply as i mentioned for the infested missions. Mech terran - Immortals are a thing, but you still need a bit of AA for battlecruisers/liberators. Skytoss - How do you beat carriers? by having more carriers Biotoss (?) - talking about the zealot/stalker build the AI runs. Robo may be a thing, have not played this comp recently to say anything more Zerg - Its either bane scourge viper, roach hydra, or skyzerg. I refrain from doing anymore ground based armys against banelings. Scourges are not that hard to deal with for a carrier, and against roach hydra its disruptor vs air again. Skyzerg is pretty much the only comp where i would go ground, but since those feature corruptors and brood lords, (armoured), scouts are still an option.Killercat4 15 May
15 May Fenix feedback Hello! I have noticed that after I used Fenix's abilities it is hard to click on the targeted unit. I hit a Hybrid reaver with all I had, then tried to check his life and I had to click on it at least 3 times until I could select the unit. In the unit description the Adept is shown as if they can attack only ground units. But in game, they can attack air too. Adept's anti-air is good, otherwise there would not be a-a ground unit except the sentry (or how it's called) which has a low attack.Mazso8 15 May
15 May Poorly designed Protoss! The race has been poorly designed! The Zealot is a useless and obsolete unit. It would need some protection again own HT's storm to get it back into the game! The Protoss units are to expensive due to the damage they do! The economy is much weaker than for the other races. Terran's Mule and Zerg's ability to fast drone up they own economy are making it hard for Protoss to stay in game (In regard to the lower mineral count in LotV) Playing Protoss was always harder but now it's ridiculous to keep things alive! A consequence of this are: - None Protoss are going right now into late game. - Cheese is your main tactic to kill an opponent before he kicks you out in the late game. - PvP are mostly the same. Cannon rush into cheese.Avalon3 15 May
15 May One suggestion for a matchmaking improvement. Let's say you are a bronze player. Right now the game is making you play against opponents who are gold, plat or even diamond to test your skill. If you can beat them, then you get promoted. The problem is that being a bronze player you can't learn anything playing vs plat or diamonds because the game ends before even you realize what's going on. The only thing you get is frastration. My suggestion is the following: You start bronze. Since you are bronze, you are playing ONLY against bronze players. If you win more than you lose, then you get promoted to silver. From now on you are facing silver players. Again, if you keep winning, you get promoted to gold and you are facing ONLY gold players. And so on. This is the only way for people to learn and have fair games. The same counts for all multiplayer games (2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4). The mixing of leagues in 2vs2, 3vs3 and 4vs4 is DESTROYING the game making it lose all its fun. Frastration for the bad players who have no idea what's going on in the game and frastration for good players who lose games having to face situations like 1vs3, 2vs3 or even 1vs4 or 2vs4. It's better to wait more minutes to find a decent game in matchmaking than to waste 20 minutes on a game that will only break your nerves.NoobAllies0 15 May
14 May Ladder system is Broken Ok so let's start from my point of view: I used to play this game in a year 2013 or so. After a break now i came back. After playing my first 5 placement maches i got place in a bronze league. Evrything would seem ok if not my MMR which is 3275. So long story short i am strugling to get out of bronze, because i am being matched against high gold players/low platinum players. This difficulty/ladder mistake/matchmaking system being broken happens not only to me, but to many players as well. In the topic i said that i know how to solve this problem and here it is: The league system is so you can know what league you are currently in, and so there shouldn't be a mmr in a league system. If you are, let's say, gold you should play only against gold players. If you are good enough you will rise to platinum, if you are not good enough you will drop to silver league. So Blizzard please either get rid of mmr in a league system, or delete all the leagues so then our mmr can determine who are we playing against. Thank you for reading. Sincerely, Mike the bronze player struggling to get out of bronze by being matched against plats and golds.Miky3 14 May
13 May Beware of Generalfax I tried to report this player by right clicking on his portrait and going through the report process but this person logged off before I could. Generalfax force attacked my base during a co-op mission " coz its funny ". Just a warning to anyone who enjoys co-op if you are paired with this person just leave and save yourself some time. I did record him doing this but I could not find the appropriate place to post said recording. I hope this saves someone the same frustration I have had.hurtumuchly1 13 May
12 May New maps, good idea I think new maps are a good idea, because promote macro game, and are more adapted to legacy of the void. Keep on the good work.Esadar0 12 May
12 May Dead of Night Hello! This map is wonderful! However, IMO it is far too easy even on Brutal difficulty. By this I mean mostly the destruction of the bases. They are too lightly defended. Plus, there is no bonus objective XP at the end.Mazso12 12 May