Custom Maps and Arcade

26 Jul 2010 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the StarCraft II discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of StarCraft II with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the StarCraft II community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://forums.battle.net/forum-coc.html), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The StarCraft II forums are for discussion of topics directly related to StarCraft II The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to StarCraft II, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum code of conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules. Xordiah0 26 Jul 2010
05 Aug 2010 Inappropriate map content While players are encouraged to share the maps they create through Battle.net, published maps are subject to review to ensure that they promote a fun and safe environment for all players. You can learn more about the StarCraft II content policy here: http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_GB&articleId=45600 If a map is found to contain inappropriate content, it will be removed from Battle.net and the map maker will be contacted via email. Should a player have any questions or concerns regarding a specific action, he or she is welcome to contact our support representatives by using the following web form: http://eu.blizzard.com/support/webform.xml?locale=en_GB If you see a player-made map that contains inappropriate content, simply right click on the map image thumbnail under "Details" and then select the "Report this Content" option.Slorkuz0 05 Aug 2010
19 May one guy which play one map play zombie arena 5hours/day There is a guy which play one map 5 hours / day, like 5 years now. I could understand if it were some complex map like mines and magic. But it is actually simple zombie arena, where after 20 minutes there is nothing to do. There are no more better upgrades and you wait to clear one wave 20 minutes and you can only increase attack by one and next wave couple more of hunread zombies spawn. He actually play only this whole life and he says he has fun. Most perplexing indeed. Life is strange.IIIIIIIIIIII0 19 May
17 May shared vision doesnt work I did it exactly how it is here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20755607354 I am player 1 and players 2 game shared vision towards player 1. And i have map initialization as event. No idea why it doesn't work. I don't have vision of player 2 when testing document. Also i want train marines for cost of 0. I went under unit -> barracks -> abilities -> train marine -> and there is already technology cost 0 minerals and it game it still requires 50. While i dont see any other fields that would change that. I will try maybe change bank and max supply than EDIT:i was able to view whole map by using "revealer", but now i have problem increasing supply limit doesnt work. I am making unit test map, since there is noone updated left. Even if i set it to 0 or 200, supply limit is still 12 wtf and yes i selected right player.IIIIIIIIIIII1 17 May
15 May Unbuildable plates What's the point of unbuildable plates? They just are there and do nothing from my point of view...CharlieSheen4 15 May
14 May no offline melee !! real disapointment No offline melee maps ? what the hell? for what am payed ? for 20 and more gb junk that takes space on hdd and can't run offline battles vs ai? where is SC glorius battles? how i can enyoy this game if from time to time there is no conection or how traveler can enyoi it ? internet cafe ?serius? it seems sc2 is dying slowly giving people hope then taking it away !!MercedesFans1 14 May
13 May Battle for Middl-earth mode Hi guys! Is there somebody who played Lord of the Rings the Battle for Middle-Earth 1? I loved base building mechanic there. It was really unique and worth to explore. Now I am playing with idea of creating SC II map mode that would simulate this kind of base building system with similar game-play ( slower than SC II, more units on scene, hero units with leveling mechanic ) Well basically copy of mechanic from bfme1 Finally my question. Is there anybody of you open to discussion about this idea and possible cooperation in creation such mode? I am aware of this idea scope complexity. Here are some games I made so far: http://fathillgames.com All in unity engine To be honest my experiences with CS II editor are basically none. Yet thanks to programmer background it will not be problem to learn.Nemam2 13 May
12 May Campaign AI isn't working. I've appeared a problem, when I creating a map such as "LIberation day", "Whispers of doom" etc. I wanted, when my units enter some region, zergs will dug out and attack them. I realized that for this you need to enable AI campaigns, but an error occurs when checking the map: "Scri: Trigger Error in 'gt_AI_func': parameter out of bounds in 'DifficultyAPM' (value: 32 min: 0 max: 31) Near line 244 in AICampaignStart() in TriggerLibs/BaseAI.galaxy" Who knows what it is and how to fix it?artpronik0 12 May
11 May Custom announcer problem in arcade Recently i bought the Lowko announcer, I like playing arcades, mostly Monobatles, and others. However even when equipped in this arcade the announcerd does not work properly. Why? Should be working no matter the game type, money well spent right? What can i do?MrKilljoy2 11 May
09 May Psycho mc´s the last stand dought Can anyone tell me where to find a guide on unlocking tauren comando hero on The Last Stand arcade game?DarkDama4 09 May
06 May Premium map Hello ! I was wondering how does a map become eligible for premium content ?Acaraco0 06 May
05 May how can i remove an art mod i added the nova covert ops(art mod) without knowing that it was bugged(everything gets dark when it is present). i never used anything from it but, it integrated itself into my map. any attempt to remove stuff from it just adds more stuff. how can i remove the mod?andreasasp0 05 May
04 May StarCraft II Editor Questions StarCraft II Editor Questions Calling all veteran and aspiring map developers! Do you have any questions regarding the creation of player-made maps or usability of the StarCraft II Editor? If so, we encourage you to post your inquiries in this thread. As this discussion is only intended for questions related to the StarCraft II Editor and map creation process, for general feedback regarding the custom map system, we ask that you please continue to post here: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/566308153 Vaneras149 04 May
04 May [Solved] Editor: Dialogs for a single player Hello, I have a problem with "Dialogs": 1) I would really like to load from a "Bank" the name of an unit. 2) This bank is specific to the player. 3) This name would be displayed in a "Dialog". 4) I managed to display the names of everyone's units in the same "Dialog". 5) The problem arises when you have to display this "Dialog" for a single player: I can decide to display it for a particular team, but not for a single player (unless I'm mistaken). 6) I could isolate each person in a team (at least, I think) but I would lose the benefit of the teams... Is there a way to display a "Dialog" for a single person or do I have to do it differently? And, in any case, how should I proceed? Thanking you in advance and wishing you a great weekend! :) Best regards.Bhardaf1 04 May
30 Apr Starjeweled Elite mode tips?? Ok, i just spend over 11 hours straight trying to complete the bejeweled arcade game against an ELITE A.I. I tried so many different things, So far I've had the most succes with 3 ultralisks healing them up but i just can't seem to do it. Does anyone have any tips on how to do it? I tried looking on internet ofcourse, but I keep getting directed to the INSANE difficulty, instead of the ELITE difficulty.CptObvious9 30 Apr
29 Apr How do I set the icon for my Arcade Game? The editor says i cannot publish it without an icon.jordanslave0 29 Apr
26 Apr How do you add genres/tags to a map I was searching for it for so long, and maybe am just blind, but how do you add the genre things to your map? You know, when in arcade it says "RPG" or "SinglePlayer".erlsgood0 26 Apr
24 Apr Reviewing Maps in Arcade Since, you can review a map right after loading and exiting it, why not just save us the annoyance and let us review it without doing so? The game doesn't know that I've played the map yesterday or a year before, only knows if you played it before exiting the game or if I'm not mistaken before starting another map. I usually take notes of stuff and review after some time, not exactly after I finish/leave a game.AlexOdhin0 24 Apr
22 Apr Resize units I know this probably seems like a stupid question but how to you resize units when I tried to change the scale of the Odin's model to make it bigger the numbers reset to default does anyone know how to get it so it wont do that?NuclearCon11 22 Apr
20 Apr DEPENDENCIES COOP hide menu bar in game Hi all I have open in SC2edditor dependencies coop, to make something. I try in game to see what hapant, and menu buttons ar not there Like here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20749756946? txHiperyon0 20 Apr
19 Apr Can we link Arcade achievement to account? Hi. Just a weird thought but could we some how link arcade games achievement to our account? I mean arcade games got reward/achievement could we not put them to use and link it to our own account achievements? That way even if you lose your arcade game exact exp/biometric ID the game could restore it to latest exp that was received upon achievement status "general" Or, if all our precious arcade data goes whit .sc2bank could we figure out a way to virtually link it to our bn account? i think it would keep Sc2 arcade a lot more livelyHengaaja0 19 Apr
12 Apr Resources - Website down for maintenance All of the classic websites for battle.net have been down for like a week. An awful lot of the map editing resources link back to that site, and to this area: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/maps-and-mods/ It's down on both US and EU. Is this temporary, or are they just gone now? Is there anywhere it's backed up?wasniahC0 12 Apr
10 Apr Direct Strike statistic tool / replay analyzer Hello, I have developed a statistics tool for the Arcade Map Direct Strike which analyzes the DS-Replays and creates (among others) bar charts. Especially for the Commander mode you can see which Commander is the best or which Commander play best together. I have created a short video which explains the function: https://youtu.be/ZNlpdw57XFU The tool is a fan project and available as open source on GitHub (https://github.com/ipax77/sc2dsstats). If you play a lot and like Direct Strike it might be useful - have fun :)PAX0 10 Apr
08 Apr StarCraft II Scripting Language Any offical reference document for the galaxy scripting language by Blizzard except sc2mapster. Thanks. :DPlayer2 08 Apr
08 Apr Please fix the "Entering Lobby" bug Step to reproduce: 1) Enter an Arcade mod, leave before the "Victory" or "Defeat". 2) Try to enter another Arcade mod. 3) You're stuck until you logout or exit the game. The bug is here for a looooooooooooooong time and it's the most annoying one. Could you please finally do something about it? ThanksNucreum0 08 Apr
07 Apr AVOID CLAN NBJB If you play with any players from the clan NBJB beware they set private rules that they do not share and if any outsider does not follow those rules connected to the game you play then they will be abusive in chat. Abusive player found: <NBJB> TheTrooper <NBJB> GVVMonsterDrevinum0 07 Apr
06 Apr Missing map - need to get it online ASAP Suddenly, the map named "Big Game Hunters (No-Unit-Limit)" is gone in the EU server and unable to play. It is created by Ramires. Can this great map be recovered ASAP? So many people are missing this map. map link - battlenet:://starcraft/map/2/139263WirY0 06 Apr
28 Mar Starstrikers is alive ! Hello there, I just wanted to let you know that the soccer game Star Strikers is alive again. We created a relatively small inhouse group to play strikers daily. Our usual playtimes reach from~ 8pm - 11+pm CET/UTC+1 almost daily. [EU] How do I join in? The current map version 'Strikers Update'. We organize our games through a blizzard chat group and a SC2- chat channel called: 'The Star Strikers' Furthermore you can join the discord server: https://discord.gg/tuPWctJ Thank you for your attention and gl hf :).Panzerfahrer0 28 Mar
23 Mar Footstep Sound Hello there! I'm trying to have my hero play different sounds when moving, depending on what terrain it's currently on. I've got it working so far using model events and model swapping to switch sound when in different regions. But this is starting to turn into a problem as the map gets bigger. Is it possible to use physics materials or something to determine what sound to play? (Dirt, wood, stone, sand, etc.)SKRIK0 23 Mar
14 Mar Can't place units on specific locations on the terrain? So recently, I started a map in which a few marines and ghosts arrive at a small space station/airport. However, for some reason they can't be placed in - or walk through - areas of the station, which means they become stuck. I suspect is has something to do with 'pathing' or something like that. But I have not even touched the pathing-tool yet. The area in question is quite large (certainly large enough to fit the units), it's within the map borders, and there is nothing placed there that would prevent placement or walkthrough? Futhermore, units can be placed all around it. It's like there is an invisible wall or doodad that prevents any kind of placement. However, there is not. How do I remove whatever is not there??? Any advice?Armageddon1 14 Mar
07 Feb Zombie World: Legacy - ban discussion This post was made because of the disappearance of the 'Zombie World: Legacy' map from the Arcade. I am a returning player to SCII Arcade and the Zombie World maps and did not know what was going on. A lot of players (including me) are very sad to see the map be deleted without any notice or explanation. Following the reviews section of the remaining maps, it seems that the community around the Zombie World Arcade maps (Zombie World: Original, Zombie World and Zombie World: Legacy) is in an uproar right now, with players taking sides and reporting others left and right. From what I could gather from the posts is that 'Zombie World: Legacy' was a remake of 'Zombie World' and the latter is a remake of 'Zombie World: Original'. It seems that 'Zombie World: Legacy' has been banned for being a "stolen copy", although the details on how and why are not very clear.Scarecrow1 07 Feb
06 Feb Solved! Document Dependency header file Hi there, I've got probably a relatively simple question. however I wasn't able to find it on google or here. I've got the error; Document dependency header file is not available; (My mod name) I've got 2 of these errors. I am not sure why. Do I need to upload these mods to bnet? If so how do I make them correspond correctly towards the map? Is there maybe a location I need to put the mods? I am not quite sure what to do as theres very few explanations for this error if anyone would like to make a step by step guide on how to do so I'd appreciate it! Thanks again! EDIT: Solved!Xydia1 06 Feb
02 Feb Pathing / Partitioning maps So in older editors, I could just remove parts of the maps, so that there were for all intendes and purposes, not part of the playable map. It seems this has now been split up in dozens of different types of vision, pathing etc. (which is what makes the SC2 editor more powerful [a complete waste of most people's time]). I just want to split the map into 3 parts, whereas units cannot go from one part into the other without triggers under any circumstances. Any suggestions what the most effective way of doing this would be?Senf1 02 Feb
02 Feb Takeover a mod ? Hello, I will most likely takeover the mod of a German creator who'se going on other projects. I was wondering if it was possible to "transfer" the ownership of a mod to another account in order to evolve and update it? We are talking about a successful mod on EU servers, existing since the early days of sc2 and even more. We are a team to recover and grow the baby. How should we proceed? Any help from staff? Thank you!mmWeez2 02 Feb
18 Jan Need Help with "Unit - Any Unit dies" Again Hi, I created a Arcade Map where all Players get a unit out of 60 units I chose which I modifyed. Their goal is to kill each other and reach as first a set score. If a unit dies the triggering player gets a new one. First I tried without conditions... My Problem is that if some abilitys are used the player gets a new unit although their old one is still alive. It's like the ability says "Hey Trigger, I killed a unit" but didnt kill a unit. Later I tried with conditions but it doesnt work for all abilitys.... only for some. "Einheiten(X)" is a unit var which has all unit types which are allowed. With that I check whether the Triggering unit is an allowed unit or maybe the ability says "Hey Trigger, I killed a unit which isnt allowed" ...Then the owner of the triggering unit doesnt get a new one. Events Unit - Any Unit dies Conditions Or (Unit type of (Triggering unit)) == (Unit type of Einheiten(0)) (Unit type of (Triggering unit)) == (Unit type of Einheiten(1)) ... Actions Create 1 Unit.... I also thought maybe the trigger is ok so I have to edit the abilitys. But I don't know what and how I should edit it. One of the abilitys for example is the "Destruction Wave" from Alarak. I gave the ability another unit... maybe I forgot something when I gave abilitys to other units... but I dont know what. I think either I have to fix the trigger or the abilitys...Lúkémàkèr11 18 Jan
14 Jan Prologe Coop (3 player) Hello, just wanted to say that we released the Prologue Protoss missions, last week and have been busy at patching them up this week. You can find them on the arcade by searching for "Prologue Coop". We're also busy at work fixing the Heart of the Swarm campaign, there is one already on the arcade but it's not made by our team. For more info, please visit our discord: https://discord.gg/ZU4dXdzRaegLordDz0 14 Jan
14 Jan Editing Font Color How do I edit the font color for things like unit name, button name, tooltip text, requirement text in tooltips, etc.? Right now these colors appear to be based upon chosen race, but I want to make the colors the same no matter which race is chosen.MDoulos4 14 Jan
03 Jan Arcade/custom games not loading I love playinv custom arcade games from time to time and now that I've been wanting to play again the games are loading endlessly. I've been waiting for them to load for 10 minutes not but nothing... I've already done a reinstall but that didn't help. How do I fix this?GameDemon1 03 Jan
02 Jan Warcraft 3 maps Hello. Happy new year. 1) Can you directly play Warcraft 3 maps on SC2 game ? 2) Can you open Warcraft 3 maps in SC2 editor ? 3) What is the best way to recreate my favorite warcraft 3 map on SC2 ? By creating the map in the SC2 editor element by element from scratch ? Thanks in advance.SpyNight1 02 Jan
01 Jan Void Thrasher - Need Help to Delete "Terrain Square" Hi, I have another Problem. It's not a real Problem but its annoying. If I spawn a "Void Trasher - Static" on a random point in a region it looks very weird. I cant explain it good, so I took a screenshot https://i.imgur.com/RFO2r2I.jpg It looks like a square around the Void Thrasher. Does somebody know how to delete this "square"?Lúkémàkèr0 01 Jan
24 Dec Can I fix someone else's broken arcade game? Hello. A very good arcade game(eras zombie invasion) was broken by patch 4.0 about a month and a half ago. Many people enjoyed playing it, and really miss it. The mapper hasn't been around for a long time. I know blizzard doesn't have the time to fix arcade games, but Is it possible for me to go in and fix it? Lots of people would appreciate it. Apparently it's an easy 10 second fix. Thanks.SiDeWiNdEr4 24 Dec
08 Dec Entering Lobby arcade bug My game gets randomly stuck in "Entering Lobby" when trying to join games in arcade. I'm tired of having to close and re-open the client everytime. All other queues are grayed out so I can't do much but exit. Looking for solutions or just a faster way than having to restart the client every time.dadopornano2 08 Dec
28 Nov Cannot join lobby Since last patch it happened many times i cannot join a custom lobby. It just stays at the joining progess but i never enter, even though for the people already in lobby its displayed i´ve already joined. (When the game starts i wont be in) Its no internet connection problem, the actual loading of the map is done very fast. Happened mostly with custom map EntropyTD, but i doubt it can be map related. (Playing the map a lot, usually it works just fine) However, once it happened, it will happen 100% of the time until i restart SC2 and battle.net launcher. Just SC2 wont resolve. Any more information on that?TheCurse0 28 Nov
24 Oct Crap Patrol 2 Strategies/Tips/Rants Sup folks. Really enjoying Crap Patrol but Google and forum searches for tips etc. have been somewhat iffy. If you have links I would be most grateful but I think a nice consolidated thread will be appreciated by a lot of noobs like me. Feel free to share starting tips for different heroes, pet peeves that noobs do and starting perks etc. Share freely. Noobs hate frustrating you as much as you hate being frustrated by noobs.Paladonic9 24 Oct
10 Oct Hi, i cant find the overwatch in sc2 arcade Somebody i trust very much told me overwatcher is a Blizzard game but i cant find it in the arcade games. Anyone else have this problems?ShiniGurui1 10 Oct
08 Oct Troll Special Forces. I recently found this map, and I like it a lot. But I'm kinda stuck on just grinding, so I thought I would ask about a few things on here :-)! First of all, could someone name some of the easy achieves please? I know that you gain a significant power at the start of every match by having a lot of these, so I would really like to earn some of the easy ones :D. Secondly, these Diablo Lord of Terror things that are scattered throughout the map, do they do anything? Do they give you an achievement if you kill a specefic amount of them? Thanks for your time, and I hope someone can answer my questions :-)!PinkyPunky11 08 Oct
30 Sep Map Editor - Login Hi, having a problem with editor, i absolutely cannot log in, i trying acount with email,battletag,no work. I try all passwords i have used and using now,still no work. I also try to Scan-Repair,also not worked. I want to try reinstall the editor,but cannot find where i can do it. Any tips or hacks? Thanks to all response.Podys0 30 Sep
28 Sep SCII RS MOD (Real Scale Melee), will it come back? As the title suggests. Is there a chance for blizzard or the original producer to implement this mod again into the game? I saw a video about it and would love to try it.Athanasia0 28 Sep
28 Sep Alla ricerca di compagni Buonasera, Sto cercando qualche amico, con cui esercitarsi in tattiche e nella macro o per partite nel tempo libero, premetto di non essere molto esperto, ma come si suol dire sono uno che sa giocare non che conosce le regole. Gioco terran lascio il mio tag. Vita99#2218MattyVita1 28 Sep
28 Sep Can't login to MapEditor Hello i have problem getting in the mapeditor. I put in my email and password but it says that the user doesnt hav ea battletag, i created one and its says that it cannot let me login. ill be happy for help!PandaPants2 28 Sep