Tactics and Strategy

23 Nov 2015 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the StarCraft II discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of StarCraft II with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the StarCraft II community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The StarCraft II forums are for discussion of topics directly related to StarCraft II The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to StarCraft II, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum code of conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.Nakatoir0 23 Nov 2015
16 Jan Protoss Mega Thread Welcome to the protoss mega thread. Use this specific thread to have any of your questions about all things protoss answered by your fellow players!Nakatoir51 16 Jan
19 Sep Terran Mega Thread Welcome to the terran mega thread. Use this specific thread to have any of your questions about all things Terran answered by your fellow players!Nakatoir23 19 Sep
17 Nov 2017 Zerg Mega Thread Welcome to the zerg mega thread. Use this specific thread to have any of your questions about all things zerg answered by your fellow players!Nakatoir23 17 Nov 2017
8h Back to SC2 LotV after 4 years. Pls Help Hi everyone, Becoming a dad of 2 children and other rl issues, I had to stop playing SC2 back in 2015. Now I find myself having some free time and I started practicing again as a Terran but I simply can't keep up with all those changes. For the record I was a top Platinum player playing against Diamond and low Master's players that never got the promotion to Diamond due to season locks. My skill against Terran was fine. Against Zerg I had 0 problem and against Protoss, it was a nightmare. I just could not figure how to win those guys. Now, I want to come back but I can't find a build order for each matchup somewhere. I can't find a decent Terran in youtube to learn all the metagame. I used to watch Day9, Halby's videos and read TL forums. Now everything has changed. They don't even play SC2 anymore. Can you point me to the right direction guys? I need specific build orders for Terran that are not cheesy and prepare you for long macro games and good youtube videos that are Terran oriented with good analysis of what they do and why. Thanks in advancewrathchild4 8h
22h Mine Once -> do something else So I wonder how do I stack orders telling a probe to [mine something -> return cargo -> do something else] when the return cargo hotkey is hidden until the probe have something? Is there some way to unhide the return cargo hotkey or is it supposed to be like this? I wonder because it would be a great way to macro.Lodrak2 22h
2d Use separate MMR for team off race ? I don't understand why blizzard uses the same MMR for team matchmaking. Are you guys dense? How can you expect a person to be the same MMR and play at the same level unless they earned it? I am forced to carry kids that off race , it's a waste of time . Please fixCoach0 2d
2d Use separate MMR for team off race ? I don't understand why blizzard uses the same MMR for team matchmaking. Are you guys dense? How can you expect a person to be the same MMR and play at the same level unless they earned it? I am forced to carry kids that off race , it's a waste of time . Please fixCoach0 2d
5d ZvT: BC...??? Hello mates, Can you explain me how to deal with BC ? 90% of the time i'm aware of a 1/1/1 by the time i got decent drones (1st full w/ gaz and 2nd mineral full), 2 air defense in each mineral line, while still haven't been able to get enough ling + bane to deal dmg on a wall garded by a single tank, while not being able to nydus (rather time or good scouting), the first BC pops, kill one of the defense, kill the queen (even if healed by another), 3/4 drones and leave By the time i try to get either air-air unit or ground-air unit (who are killed like the were nothing), the 2nd pop and repeat the action... with the 3/4 drones killed each time with a queen i fell down piece by piece without being able to do something What's the solution to what appears to me as completely imba ?Tik2 5d
17 Apr Returning players asks for help Hello everyone! I have returned to starcraft 2 and I see that a lot of things have changed in LotV since HotS f.e.: Thors are now really good against broodlords and ofc the new units which I have absolutely NO IDEA how to use and what they are good against. I somehow ended up back in T3 diamond after few games winning by my old-schooll builds (hellion opening into expo into mech for example) and trying to macro. So after a few days I got promoted to T2 diamond and this is where I got hit in the face terribly...I feel like my macro is really bad and insufficient and I am having trouble dealing with enemy compositions. I feel like I am a REALLY BAD player because I just dont know where to start/which element of mechanics of play should I start improving (macro? / builds? / units compositions?/ all of it at once?) You see, these are my most common probles and questions I would like to get answered: Any general tips for newcoming player into lotv? What are good compositions for terran vs other races and which units should I assemble (with the new ones)? How many workers should I make every game? I somehow always end up making around 60 (20 for three mining bases) How do I improve my macro? I can see my opponents expanding really fast but not greedy...when I do the same, I have troubles securing my expansions f.e. I have MMM with ghosts and protoss has his ,,deathball" - collosi, HTs, and man....those chargelots! I read you have to have a lot of marines against chargelots but my army (even if I split) always ends up evaporating and I cannot reassemble my army fast enough and I always end up losing my expo and army...sometimes even the whole game... How do I improve my mechanics as terran player? Should I drop more? Should I multitask a lot and try to attack more places at once? I know this sounds so bad when terran player is asking these things but when I was about to try this I always felt like I am not fast enough for this kind of thing... P.S.: You see: back in the days of HotS when I had similiar problems, a lot of players told me that I should just switch to protoss because terrans were really weak at that time. So I did and with stalker colosi and basic macro and mechanics I ended up making it to top diamond in about 50 ladder games and even beating some masters. I know this sounds rubbish but even some of my friends keep telling me that I have the heart of protoss. To sum it all, I will appreciate every advice you guys could give me...I know I know that I should GIT GUD (I played Dark souls, yes), but please...I am asking for your help Your loayal starcraft 2 fanškopek2 17 Apr
11 Apr Help for 16 hatch 0:48 Hi everyone, i've seen many pros, when playing zerg, being able to put the hatch at 16 supply at the timing 0:48, while no matter which drone i pick, at 0:48 i simply do not have 300 minerals, i always get the hatchery around 0:51 There is something i'm missing? some hotkeys or some tips? or anything else? ThanksFinal0 11 Apr
29 Mar PvX defending first attack Hi So I am a rookie player that played every race a little bit in ranked and then decided on P. If I manage to survive the first enemy attack without too large losses I win the game around my elo always. However if the enemy decides to attack I usually end up with fewer forces then them. Are there any sort of benchmarks how many units of what type I should have at any given timepoint (e.g Minute) so I dont die up to plat aggression? I am not a Plat yet, but for now this would be the goal. My macro seems fine, I figure that this is why I win late games in Gold; i just have twice their economy and still better spending. Its just the early game that instantly makes or breaks me. Any help or advise?Aratek3 29 Mar
29 Mar cannon rush pvz Is it even worth it. I saw it in pro games, only on maps when u can block space by 2 pylons and than build inside 2 cannons, otherwise no. I do one more variant when i block space with 4 pylons and inside 2 cannons, if drones don't get in it works. But if i place pylon before hatch outside overlord range, it almost never work, zergs to paranoid and move overlord from hatchery or send 2 drones to scout. Is there any other way to cannon rush, i heard you have to cannon rush every game in pvz otherwise you lose free advantage, but it doesn't seem that good.QUITimMaster2 29 Mar
29 Mar PVT Carrier Swarm. Good Evening All! I started playing last season and have been having fun in the ladder. I played plenty Single player but now want some good games vs players. I have trouble with 2 match ups but I only need help with one. I understand that I should get into their base early but it's tough once they wall off and just make a safe zone. Carriers :( How does a zerg match up vs mass carriers? I have tried infesters with Marines and they just focus them down and then deal with the infested marines, I have tried mass Corrupters too and Hydra with +1 Range. How to I crack them open before they have enough to A left click with carriers? If I assault the base I take many losses to defenses and then they can just push across map before I recover my forces? If I can't crack them open then is there any ways to deal with the Mass Carrier? They seem so absurd and out of every loss I endure mass carrier feels most painful and simple for my enemy to execute. I am not very good in general but I do try. is Mass carrier something you need mad skills to deal with? Should I just transition to Protoss? Thanks a Bunch PhageXPhage2 29 Mar
29 Mar Carriers imbalanced and broken MM How do you counter mass carriers as terran ? Please show a video where terran actually wins vs mass carriers. This game is stupid and also the matchmaking balance doesn't exist. The other night I had 2 diamonds+ 1 plat vs Me (diamond) and 2 golds , how does that remotely make sense? This is why blizzard is losing fan base same with overwatch, they don't make good games anymore. Will never buy another blizzard game again. Let's watch this company slowly die and short their stocks that made me alot of money actually. Also they actually do pay people to go on forums to tell you that you are wrong and to "git gud" funny.Coach5 29 Mar
29 Mar Are carriers actually OP? Before you say "whiny plat noop F2 zerg player xDd !@#$", hear me out. What I mean with OP is that they are viable in every situation, and with kiting they can 1v1 every unit in the game. Even a battlecruiser or a thor. Also, they arent that expensive. Compare them to battlecruiser in price. I would compare them to brood lords, but carriers can attack both air and ground. I hate cannon rush, but its not OP, Im just too slow and overreact to that. Mass battlecruisers arent OP because A . they are really expensive and B. they can either go all in, allowing you to base trade (unlike carriers being able to be recalled by one click), or save their teleport to go back to base, allowing you to proceed. So yeah I think carriers are OP, and just calling me a noob and telling me l2p without giving any advice wont really change my mind.Sargas18 29 Mar
29 Mar TVP Balance, please? Why is this game so much in toss favor in TvP match up and when we will finally see some balance changes fixing this each patch worsening issue? I am diamond 2 and I have 55% win-rate in both TVZ and TVT but only 28% in TVP. I don't care that I am not pro SC2 I don't think to be able to defeat protoss I need to be pro player or at least way above his league. This simply unfair and making the game very frustrating.Neroad14 29 Mar
13 Mar Can we just get a new RTS Blizzard I've been so fed up with the state of games since 2016 I cant find anything that takes my interest like starcraft and warcraft did to me.. I dabble with new games everyday and nothing is fun its all micro transactions and Battle royal i'm so over it and the fact WC3 Remaster dont even have a release date makes me sad since Starcraft is unplayable for me now always initilizing game mode forever. But yeah what do you all think? If i could get back onto a stable version of Starcraft like it was before it went F2P then maybe ill be back but until then im just stuckWindrunner5 13 Mar
09 Mar Looking at the minimap Hi, I have been playing for some time Starcraft 2 but I am unable to look at the minimap. I know it's very important to do it but looking at two places at once seems tricky. How do you do it, guys?Alfred1 09 Mar
28 Feb What is the mech play vs protoss? Hello, I just watched a guide about it from 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nbMJgaj3uQ He starts with some cyclones, which is still a build I saw from Kelazhur in GSL this year who uses 4 but then transitions into bio. The guy in the video basically uses mass tank, hellbats, some viking later adds liberator with fusion core to force stalkers. Vs certain late game compositions/transitions he would add ravens/thors/more Vikings/or more liberators or mass BC+decent raven count (see video...) Thanks for the help. I was struggling vs Voidray/Carrier (and not scouting it perfectly assuming at least some ground units which there weren't after the initial blink stalkers), but that game I had 1 base fewer and less supplyTsetu0 28 Feb
11 Feb Is the balance a joke?! From the WCS 8 to 4 race, the Terran player is so hard to win. There is no Terran player in best 4. The zerg is too strong. Why not the balance group delete the Terran? After 2016, the baneling has been added 5 more in life. Is this a correct buff? Now, in the next balance pitch, why the SCV will be easy to choose? The works' hate value is less than other units is very normal, or WHY not the balance group debuff the queen's air weapen diastance? Do not let all Terran players LEAVE the game! We love starcraft 2 !!! We want the balance and funny!ilovemywife7 11 Feb
24 Jan Spreadsheet analysis for Starcraft Hey! Started trying to work on strategic analysis in Excel for Starcraft. I've been wanting to try this for a long time, to match the number of resources that you have with the theoretical number of units you can build. I want to do this to simulate the maximum number of units each strategy could produce. The spreadsheet could be used as a benchmark for live in-games scenarios to determine if you're playing well or not. Anyone have any thoughts on this, or know if this has already been done? I got started a bit, but I quickly realized that there are so many contingencies which makes it hard to actually do this sort of thing. I thought at first that I'd do some kind of matrix-analysis, but perhaps it's better to use a time-series simulation?Threshalon1 24 Jan
07 Jan terran vs banelings how to beat em without proper micro game ? i usually play bio army terran with siege's and liberators as support. everytime i play vs zerg he owns me with banelings, everytime, i see zerg go early expansion with full drone production nothing i can do about it. everytime banebane bane and spalsh my army is dead, i've tried to micro splitting them, shoot and run tactics anything nothing works, zerg gets early expansion with full drone production and nothing i can about it. any tips ? my biggest annoyance is that my army shoots lings as prio, i'd have to single targets banes wich is impossible !Juomari12 07 Jan
07 Jan Looking for useful race-mains videos Hi, does anyone know of any good sc2 players who also released interesting guides about the races they play? About the zerg I know about lowko, and personally I think he's really good and his videos are really interesting, I'd say I've learned a big deal about zerg mechanics from him. But I struggle to find similar channels for the other two races, which I also would like to learn how to play, as much as I can (still zerg for life tho). So if anyone as any recommendations, especially regarding protoss players, 'cause I'd like to learn them first, then terrans. Sc2 tutorials and videos are ok, but I think you really need to watch a couple of good players, in order to understand key mechanics that are essential to each race's gameplay.Maso3 07 Jan
07 Jan Dear Blizzard add plz mech creep to Zerg We got mech Z skins for units and buildings, but the creep remains bio. It looks weird, please add a creep to the Warchest, which would fit the concept. Thx.Egortex1 07 Jan
07 Jan I quit -THIS IS SO DUMB I'm out. My win rate in tvp is 55% and in Pvt its 78%. 4600 mmr with protoss and 4850 with terran. It's ridiciolous how terran is execepted to micro liberators, bio, ghosts and ravens at the same time while if u stand in storm for 1 sec you're dead. When protoss literally jsuit a moves and spams storms. You don't even get punished for a moving anymore since they gave templars an attack. TvP might be balanced at GM level if that but it requires so much perfection for terran to win any game where protoss just turtles to a death ball. Haven't lost a single macro game in the 78% win rate. Due to shield batterys early and mid game pressure is pretty irrelevant to. Terran requires you to play like a god to win. Protoss requires you to a move and recall if you !@#$ up your a move which is hard to do and just warp in to defend bases you dont even need to take your army back and if they doom drop like in wol ah just recall and their stuff. I understand the game being balanced around pros and gm but it takes the joy out of everyone who isnt that. I dont think any terran enjoys plyaing vs protoss and my win rate is lower vs zerg but its a fun dynamic match up. Protoss is a poorly designed race which is not interactive or fun. You might say just play protoss then but I dont enjoy protoss due to it not being interactive and I dont enjoy turtling until I know I win. If zerg rushes into 5-10 tanks there are consequences while for protoss chargelots just does fine regardless. With disruptors and storms terran can lose all of their bio in a second while terran has no equivelent. Liberators do high damage but only at 1 unit at the time. Disruptors and storms can KILL 30-40 supply in 2 seconds. Peace out. Is there any terran who enjoys this match up anymore. I used to in wol and hots cause atleast then we had some early game pressure. A terran player at heart who cant put in the time to have grand master level micro which is on me but its unfair how so much is required for the other races. Terran with micro and zerg with how to spend larva while toss is a linear death ball piece of garbageAce9 07 Jan
06 Jan Masa vs Scarletts, T is pathetic Alright, seems like Blizzard needs some lessons about RTS games. What's a "Rush": it means you go kinda all-in in the first mins of the game, spending a lot in buildings/units to kill your enemy, slowing down your eco. ALL KIND of rushes have a drawback, if you fail it, your enemy probably has a better eco, giving him advantages for late game. You rush as Zerg and fail? you're pretty dead. You rush as Protoss and fail? you're pretty dead. You rush as Terran and fail? NOTHING HAS CHANGED. In addition if you spot in time the rush you have time to def. But you have 0 chances to spot fuking 2barracks which can be anywhere around the map. I watched tons of pro games, and i swear this is maybe the !@#$test game i've ever seen. A dumb terran from nowhere (who the fuk is Masa?) wins vs one of the best zergs of the moment, how? Perma rushing. It never happened, 5 rush-games in a row, AND STILL WINS. Scarlett changed her build starting pool first, risking a lot, cuz (ofc) if she "rushes", making lings too early, the terran spot it (sending the SCV), he bunkers up and the rush fails, giving advantage to the Terran. Luckly the noob terran rushed all games, BUT THIS IS PURE "LUCK", if retarded Masa didn't rush, Scarlett would have been in a sligh disadvantage. Let's talk about %^-* barracks. I compared it with other rush start (14 pool, proxy toss), conclusion: they don't lose anything, just some marines. The barracks can fly back, so you don't lose those 300 minerals. (if protoss !@#$s up his rush they are gonna lose all) The bunkers are the main problem: too cheap, too much health, THE SALVAGE BUTTON: you spend 100x3 bunkers, NO PROBLEMO, salavage them and in total you spent only 25x3...... Total loss: usually you send 2 scvs, some marines (generally are 8-10) and 25*3, total: 575... it is nothing compared to toss rush, in addition to defend against this dumb start, zerg has to spend nearly the same amount or more! it's a pain in the %^- for the zerg to micro, even scarlett has problems to def it, i'm master 3 and it's even harder: "but you are vs master 3 terran gnegne" even my dog can play that *!@# strategy and win It's a fact, it is unbalanced. Solution: bunkers cost 100 --> 125, you can't salvage them. So that bunkers stick to their role: TO DEFEND, NOT TO ATTACK.Erkondium6 06 Jan
29 Dec SC2 Disconnection issues For the last 4 months, i have been bumping into the same problem over and over again... I get a short lag spike and suddenly, my game freezes and the surrender screen pops up... It has never reconnected me, not even once... Actually it closes but a few seconds later(the game is still frozen)it pops up again. The only time i reconnected was when my battle.Net also disconnected and then reconnected. CPU usage is 40/56% gpu is 76% and i have 1gb of free ram... Any idea how to fix it?BrRIGHT0 29 Dec
27 Dec Countering Tempest? PVP Any idea how to counter mass tempest? In the new patch it seems the only way to counter it in a PVP is to mass more. Voidrays are slower than Tempest and get kited. Phoenix don't do enough damage to beat the tempest.Laidvan0 27 Dec
30 Nov Achievement Distorted Reality Hi How do I reach achievement Distorted Reality(Capture 50 enemy units with a single Vortex in melee game.)When I play melee game I can't find any Vortex even in mothership.hitmen2 30 Nov
01 Nov ZVT TURTLE Can someone tell me how i can early harras terran when he is turtling in his base with tanks turrets, on this maps you have main and natural that close to eachother so i can't even make nydus because terran can jump with his army into it in 2 sec. For now i am taking next bases and play makro games but beating terran with 200/200 thors, tanks 3/3 is very hard and i am loosing most games, even gglords cant win against this :PSandro2 01 Nov
01 Nov Zerg very late composition Hello there ! I am posting this hoping experienced players might be able to enlighten me. I did search for similar topics and was quite astonished for I was not able to find answers to my questions. Please be certain I do question both the relevance of my question and my forum digging skills... I will take my chances anyway and proceed. The question to address is : "What could a very late game Zerg composition look like ?" Here you might start thinking "wow, this guy didn't understand the first thing about RTS games... this is about adapting you strategy every second of every single game !". Very true. However, what would be a good benchmark ? So here is what I was thinking about, based on following assumptions : - Very late game, both contenders have 5+ bases. - The opponent's army is rather heterogeneous. - None has significant economic lead over the other. - As a Zerg player I already have a decent number of sporulers and spines, and decent creep spread. Composition : *70 Workers *7 Queens *36 Zerglings (Run-by / flesh to be butchered and protect the bulk army) *12 Banelings (Splash damage) *16 Hydralisks *5 Infestors *7 Corruptors (To protect Broodlords from air units / re-make lost Broodlords) *6 Broodlords *4 Vipers (abduct, blinding cloud, anti-air) That should make it 200 pop'. Now again, versus heavy ground army we might instead throw in a couple ultralisks, some lurkers, more banes... Versus heavy air army, more hydras, corruptors, vipers... Also I did not mention important points such as Overseers, droperlords and what-nots, but this is more about the 200 pop' composition. As a guideline, would that sound fair ? Or is there something intrinsicly wrong with that idea ? Thanks a lot to anyone reflecting on that and providing feedback ! Have a nice time, Cheers !Zäelià2 01 Nov
26 Oct Carriers Vs Terran the protoss doesn't even need mass carriers. once they have carriers foot in the door its hard to push even that out. its broken from the top down. I know they say kill protoss before he gets there but thats dumb. better play desperate or you'll lose this broken game for sure!!! same with zerg. better not let them mass outta control its up to you mr terran. better be desperate or suffer the fact that your race doesn't carry its weight.CaptSchmidt4 26 Oct
27 Sep arcade lobby kick idle time how long it takes before you get kicked from arcade lobby ?? Increadible annyoing, if you host something and get kicked from your lobby while alt tab...DZDZDZDZDZDZDZDZDZDZDZDZ0 27 Sep
26 Sep PvT: Is there any counter to battlecruisers ... other than not letting him get there, that is? I fail to see any. It was hard enough even when HT could still feedback cruisers, but with the recent patch they no longer can (because cruisers no longer have any energy). The units that should work in theory fail in reality. - Stalkers have overall too little firepower to work. They are also susceptible to being taken out from range by means of yamato. - Void rays will be yamatoed before they can even get in range - Tempests do not fill even this single role they appear to be designed for, because despite their bonus vs massive air, these as well fall to yamatoes much faster than the cruisers fall to their fire. They also cannot kite BC because despite their recent speed boost, BC are still equally fast. If the P goes all tempest and the T goes all BC, T will win. - Carriers are susceptible to the high BC armor and, of course, yamato. I hate whining, but I would really be thankful for any reasoning what P can do vs battlecruisers without getting beaten up real hard. Is the only chance really an all-in rush in hopes to beat the T on his way to BC? That would mean that P can no longer play a booming strat vs T because that would be an autolose if the T decides to go BC (seeing that a boomer cannot rush due to lack of early army).DeathAndPain10 26 Sep
26 Sep Unbeatable 2v2 strat?? Hey guys :D I hoped that someone could help me against this strat in 2v2, its basically proxy carrier rush, and i think one gives the other gas... https://drop.sc/replay/6945959 ThanksSgtMoon1 26 Sep
21 Sep Liberator in PvT Is there a "way-to-go" in PvT to play against liberators ? I have trouble against this unit, at any point of the game : - The glorious Libe/Tank push, proxied or not, on 1 base. The only reliable way I found to defend against it "stay on B1 and mass shield batteries". So I stop the push, and the Terran expands, MULEs & Marine stim a few minutes later and game is gone. - The same glorious push on 2 bases. Blink is useless as they have too much tank for it to work, zealots are just obliterated by the libe, storm cannot be finished. May be mass phoenixes, but this is a super specific opener, and I'd die to anything else. - In mid game, with storm and archontes available. Doesn't matter, the Terran just keeps slowly coming. The libe range is too high to be "poked" by stalkers, and storms cannot be wasted. Blink is even more irrelevant, as Stalkers are more or less a weak unit against everything else in Terran, and just die while hitting libe. - In late game : mass tempests is stupid, as it takes 6 tempests to OS 1 liberator, which is way too expensive in gas and too slow. While your tempests kill the libe, the rest of the army rolls over you, cause at least 1000+ gas and 20 supply are useless in fight with your tempests. Of course, I sometimes win. But this is because my opponent made MASSIVE mistakes during the fights, or just has absolutely idea how to macro. Otherwise, it doesn't matter if I simply produce a bit more, whatever my army composition is. ( I'm D2, of course I could macro better, but even in games where I have a noticeable macro lead it's irrelevant. It would be autowin if I had a waaaay better macro, but liberators, and Lurkers in PvZ are the two things that make me lose 70%+ games when facing them, while I'm way better to deal with any kind of other situation. ) Thanks.Aminumbra0 21 Sep
17 Sep Proxy Protoss Can you advise what can i do in this situation as zerg? Replay https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vFA33EKWQmbN3XCrKHnZOwPvIHFOCOF6Zodiac1 17 Sep
17 Sep ZvP Shield Batteries Why is it that protoss can win a game in grandmaster with only buildings? Is this intended?IIIIIIIIIIII2 17 Sep
15 Sep Is early game a coin toss? I'm zerg, at low diamond atm. Haven't figured out what the safe option is since you can't scout early enough for the cheeses, or should i scout immidiately instead of 13 drone. 13 drone seems to come too late for any cheeses. Secondly, it seems that I need to make my decision if I go pool, gas or hatch first before my scout arrives, so it seems somewhat pointless. Then again, if I go every time 17 gas 17 pool, or the other way around (which doesn't seem to be very effective), I feel like I get quite a lot behind. So far I'm just playing hatch first and basically gg'ing out when someone cheeses. Back in hots cheeses always lost if you made an early scout, and there was a 100% solid opening as long as you scouted. Seems so pointless to randomly select a build, since these games are best of 1 and I never see the same player again, so there's no mind games either. But maybe I'm missing something?MkVibes1 15 Sep
12 Sep Broken Economic Mule - legal cheating by Blizzard! Or you give everyone mule, or you abandom it from the game! Look the resources Diagram.Avalon9 12 Sep
30 Aug 1 vs 4 Harder AI ?? Go on then, how is it done? Beaten 3 Harder, beaten 2 Elite...... But the 1 vs 4 Harder AI is getting too annoying now. How did you do it?MrHappy13 30 Aug
14 Aug legacy of the void Legacy of the void main ,last mission, need help with some good tactic. I tried also in casual difficulty, i got to 60% in protecting not more. What is the tactic to defend from the big enemy and reach the 100%?tal9 14 Aug
13 Aug Tutorial demo AND guidance from pro players Good day, I am an expert StarCraft 2 player and have decided to start producing tutorial videos. My primary focus will be the Terran race. Yet blessed as I am with many years of experience and insight into the game. I still need to enlist the support of neighbouring players. It occurred to me to suggest links to two sample videos, where within my movements and techniques can be observed. I should have possibly posted this on the Terran thread but I was hoping to invite input from multiple players https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTyBGMXO5LY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6sdVm6Xme4 thank you in advance for your feedback!Pookie1 13 Aug
11 Aug 4-4 dead or just new patch do problem? 4 vs 4 problém. No balanced i like image upgrade or better sprays its more importent then multi players, but whot do balance 4-4? Iam Tired to play 4-2 max or 4-1. Mmr systém thx you now ok win about +25-30 lose -5-40 its ok.Some balanced need it thx you blizz. See you ManiacksManiacks0 11 Aug
03 Aug Protoss beatdown strategy I need an advice from better protoss player about my strategy.My strategy is to make gateway as early as possible,and after that forge and cynerbetics core,to start making an army as early as possible.And,when I have max workers on 1st base,I expand to a 2nd base,then soon to 3rd etc.And I put many photon cannons in bases,esspecially those where I expanded.And I just continue making army untill it becomes really big,and then just attack his bases with that one army and simply winNikola2 03 Aug
01 Aug Really Blizzard? So the new patch notes came out, and while I was expecting them to nerf carrier directly, they instead nerf Raven and Viper, further strengthening airtoss late game vs terran and zerg. Is this a joke?Sargas5 01 Aug
30 Jul Ghosts Just played another PvT against a turteling terran. Is there any good reasons I don't see any ghosts in theír army? I don't know the first thing about playing as terran, but against an army consisting mostly of carriers, archons and high templars it would seems like a good idea. I'm in the gold plat rangeTakila4 30 Jul
30 Jul Terran can't counter Mass Carriers I know this sounds like a noob question, but I am a Masters Terran. Current status of this game is broken: Mass carriers are uncountable by terran, no matter what units Terran use. Well, I know I know, the best way to stop Mass carriers is kill toss before he reaches this point. Stop him in early game!! Of course I know, I'm a Masters Terran! But this doesn't justify the fact that there is no way to counter Mass carriers from Terran. In 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, or FFA, it's very easy to mass carriers actually. Even in 1v1, from time to time (say, 5% of the time), Protoss can manage Mass Carriers too. The problem now is, once Protoss manages to mass carriers, Terran just dies. I don't see a way to counter it. The best approach I know by far is Mass marine + mines + turrets + thors with 30 scvs keep repairing. This way can't kill carriers, because mines + turrets don't move, but you can hold them off for a moment. All protoss needs to do is attack from a different direction. All other options won't work: Vikings: completely useless, even with good micro (focus fire) Liberators: Libs used to be very effective against carriers. But with last change. Interceptors are easy to build, and Lib's vs light damage is removed. So it becomes useless now. BC: useless, can be kited like an idiot. Thors + marines: with good economy, can hold for a moment, but will fail quickly. mines + marines: same as above. It only work when you have superior resources. Bascially you are trading marines with interceptors. Any other units?Fentoyal32 30 Jul
27 Jul Z : How to create drones without watching ? Hi, I'm new to Zerg and would like some advices : I have hatchery on hotkey 4 and I'm not supply blocked. If I press 4 -> s -> d watching something else (some scout for example), sometimes it successfully creates a drone, sometimes it fails (because there are 0 larva) but it will produce exactly the same audio sounds. Is there an audio way to be noticed when the drone spawning has not been launched ? Or do u have to quit micro/scouting and check unit count each time u try to spawn a drone ? Or just spam 4->s ->d so often it doesnt matter if it fails ?Tristan3 27 Jul