StarCraft Remastered

27 Mar 2017 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the StarCraft II discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of StarCraft II with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the StarCraft II community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://forums.battle.net/forum-coc.html), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The StarCraft II forums are for discussion of topics directly related to StarCraft II The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to StarCraft II or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum code of conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.Nakatoir0 27 Mar 2017
01 Feb PATCH 1.22.3 NOTES Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors, Patch 1.22.3 has arrived. Welcome to Season 3! Features and Improvements New Zerg themed ranked play rewards. S,A,B,U rank portraits and frames. Map pool update: (2) Cross Game 1.06 (2) Overwatch 2.2 (3) Medusa 2.2 (4) Circuit Breakers 1.0 (4) Fighting Spirit 1.3 (4) Ground_Zero 2.0 (4) Colosseum 2.0 Ranks: S Rank – Top 1% of players A Rank – 7% B Rank – 21% C Rank – 21% D Rank – 21% E Rank – 21% F Rank – 8% (Note: For the first two weeks ranks will be MMR bucketed based on last season's data. After which we will switch to the percentage-based breakdown above.) Other Overhauled replay information screen and replay file name format Friends presence notifications can now be toggled on and off with the chat commands /f on and /f off /dnd will also ignore presence notifications from friends. Additionally, when /dnd is now toggled feedback will be provided as to whether it’s on or off Added /f o as an alias for /f lo Re-enabled disconnect stats Bug Fixes Fixed a bug introduced in last patch which caused replays to go out of sync when any player left the game. Note * existing replays created under that patch will not be repaired – they will remain broken GLHFKheluriel0 01 Feb
23 Mar Matchmaking Queue Times Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors, We have rolled out updates to our matchmaker that should relax maximum queue time. Three minutes after initiation, the matchmaker should now look further afield more and more aggressively. As always we look forward to your continued feedback.Kheluriel0 23 Mar
1d StarCraft owners free Remastered. Dear, Blizzard. Me and many other people already own the StarCraft Anthology pack. Why in the name of God do you make us PAY FOR A REMASTER (again) ? Couldn't you be more reasonable, like those who already own the StarCraft Anthology to get the REMASTER for free ? Those who don't own the Anthology Pack via buying should pay for your Remaster. It's completely stupid to buy something AGAIN if you already own it. Is the company that MONEY HUNGRY ? Is this the way you want to make money and treat your customers ? If you REALLY LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS/ COMMUNITY don't make this stupid move of making people buying something they already bought and own.Kaszberg29 1d
07 Feb Whats a good EPM or APM? I had 35 - 40 apm most games, not sure how good or bad that is, most missions cleared in 1 hour or lower. Im a pretty casual player, just running trough the story missions. Havn't used any hotkeys yet, mostly clicking on buttons. Just interesting to see how i compare to other players of the game.Tiamat2 07 Feb
31 Jan SC3 STARCRAFT 3ilmer8 31 Jan
13 Jan SHIFT QUEUE COMMANDS Hello, I would like to ask for your help with an issue with shift-queue commands in Remastered. I asked this in technical support but there was no reply. When playing the pre-Remasterd SC several years back I was able to shift-queue buildings (e.g. Probe "B" -> "P" -> press and keep holding shift -> "left click" -> "left click".. This would allow me to issue multiple buildings. Now it doesn't work anymore. I can queue up move commands / repairs.. But everytime I add building to the queue the queue gets disrupted and the worker starts building only. Also the outline of the building you see before you place it is not present while holding the shift key after placing the first building. Please help me. I have no idea what is causing this. I might be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out :-D. Thank you!Ashimmu0 13 Jan
09 Jan orlan support center ORLAN SUPPORT CENTER, MY MISSION IS TO DESTROY ORLAN SUPPORT CENTER, I DESTROYED THE 3 SUPPORT CENTER HOWEVER, ORLAN KEEP ACCUMULATING POINTS, SO WHAT IS THE SOLOUTION ? tHANK YOUVIDVIDE0 09 Jan
26 Dec Problem with custom map Hello, i am creating my own custom campaign map for a while, and it started crashing today, yeah it did this more times but i always found a way how to fix it but now i am lost. I am using newest version of starcraft remastered and sdmcraft 2.0 for map creation. THe error code i get when game crashes is this : A2DA6B76-D5CD-439A-8F1E-75A0A2D9EAD4 If someone knows how to find the crash log of the game or how to find the reason why it keeps crashing, please respond to this (english is not my native, i hope u understand at least the main point)georgecz0 26 Dec
15 Dec Starcraft Remastered and Diablo II Hi there guys, how can I get StarCraft remastered for free and Diablo II and the Expansion for free? I am a loyal fan of BlizzardGordon1 15 Dec
13 Dec PATCH 1.22.2 NOTES Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors, Patch 1.22.2 has arrived! Features and improvements Added code to penalize ladder game dodging Players will now receive a sound alert when someone joins a game lobby EUD: Added support for euddraft’s Unlimiter plugin Bug Fixes Fix for IGR leaderboard dropdown in an IGR environment Fix for HD Jungle ramps Fixed instances where game settings were not being saved properly to the cloud (Thanks to the forum member "Pete" for helping us debug this) Fix for /stats on invalid users Fix for sending friend requests in LAN game lobbies The BlizzCon 18 console will no longer leave graphical artifacts on screen after switching to a new console option Multiplayer profiles will now default to whichever character was previously playedKheluriel0 13 Dec
11 Dec map scraps pewd vs Tseries https://ufile.io/ce5dhNewNasa0 11 Dec
01 Dec Please fix this! Mouse clicks blocking keyboard inputs! This issue is really annoying and I'd hoped that Blizzard would fix this in remastered. Basically when your mouse is pressed down the game ignored keyboard inputs. It makes the game feel really sluggish and somewhat broken to me. It's the only thing really bothering me with an otherwise pretty perfect game. I'll link the Team Liquid thread on the same subject: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/520707-mouse-clicks-freezing-blocking-keyboard-inputslabars1 01 Dec
28 Nov Remaking this game to WC3 reforged standards? It is really annoying that warcraft 3 gets such a beautiful remake while this game got the short end of the stick. Why not give this game the same treatment as WC3 reforged? =( Think they will make a cleaner version for this game after WC3 reforged?Plague1 28 Nov
09 Nov why not make sc remastered attractive? hey, i dont get it why you would make a remastered version thats not attractive for players to play it again. the few players are split on 100 different servers with bad latency like in the past. shouldnt it be possible to make like 1 server with lan latency so players can enjoy the game more (icc achieved that like so many years ago) implement a 2v2 or maybe even 3v3 ladder and get 1 big community instead of 7 small.doChi1 09 Nov
08 Nov Remastered?? Are you kidding?? Okay, I was super excited. Starcraft 1 has been a big part of my adolescent years.... when I saw it was being remastered, I was over the moon and pre-ordered... Tried it now... Blizz.... are you kidding me? I'm used to great quality from Blizzard, and the graphics don't disappoint, great job. But the freaking gameplay??? I knew it was going to be Starcraft 1 "but pretty", but it's ridiculous that you haven't fixed basic stuff!!! e.g. Why can't I set the hotkeys for the camera??? Why was that not fixed?? e.g. Why rally points onto resources don't automatically make the unit start gathering??? what the hell Blizz??? I just can't play it now... you broke my heart... </3SuperSalad34 08 Nov
03 Oct 1.22.1 patch notes [Updated: October 03] Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors, Patch 1.21.5 has arrived! Features and Improvements Updated the Frontier League Map pool to replace Jade and Match Point with ASL Season 5 maps Transistor and Gladiator. Red vs Blue is now the default player colors for Top vs Bottom multiplayer 1v1 games. Optimized Battle.net player profile performance. Streamlined basic chat command help by listing all available commands when the user types /help. Multiplayer setting including the game name, map file, game type, teams, speed, and turn rate are now preserved even after a player re-logs. Bug Fixes Fixed a crash that was intermittently happening upon launch. Fix for player receiving “Error# 112 Storm Error” after attempting to load saved custom games. Character data such as time played, and overall stats were carrying over if players created profiles using the same name in different regions. Additionally, we have relaxed the matchmaker to search globally faster and more aggressively from an MMR standpoint. Join the conversation here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20762226078Kheluriel5 03 Oct
10 Sep More mulitiplay players To make the starcraft game available for a larger scale gameplay. With a larger map, and definitivly, more players than the 6 on 6 standard. Maybe 100 on 100. If you understand my tought here.Suverinity0 10 Sep
05 Sep Offline mode Hello, Is there a way to play SC2 in offline mode.I remember a while back there was an option.The problem is that write now I am traveling a lot and thus don't have a stable internet connection or any connection for that matter.I will be happy if there is some way to play at least the campaign and vs AI. Any support will be appreciated. RegardsDuality1 05 Sep
17 Aug Whats the point? Whats the point of adding leagues if ranking system puts me against players that are 2-3 leagues higher than me? Iam currently E and in about 20 last ranked games Ive played, most of my opponents were C-B. THIS IS SO INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING I WOULD RATHER NOT PLAY AT ALL or wait 30 minutes for player of my skill than get absolutely wrecked once again. There should ingame button that says "dont pair me with player that are X mmr points higher then me".Maykie1 17 Aug
21 Jul is 2v2 in yet? is 2v2 in yet?Rampage2 21 Jul
03 Jul Patch 1.21.3 notes Features & Improvements Updated the global matchmaking algorithm to heavily favor more latency performant matchups. Join the conversation here. Revised custom game map distribution with cloud support. peer-to-peer downloads will only occur if the player is unable to obtain the map via the cloud. Optimized custom game packet re-sending if we detect poor connectivity between players. Revamped the lobby latency display bars to more accurately represent latency between players. For additional information please see this post. Added dynamic turn rate support for custom games. DTR is now the first option on the turn rate slider. Optimized the performance of the matchmaking game results screen. Doubled the CCMU bullet limits to 400. Additional EUD map support Added the following characters to the allowed rebindable hotkeys: ' ; . , \ [ ] Bug Fixes The /f la command now displays the current User that is logged in rather than combing both the previous and the current Users' friends.Kheluriel1 03 Jul
03 Jun Custom campaigns for BW? Can anyone recommend some good custom campaigns for Brood War? I've already played through Blizzard's Enslavers 1 and 2. I'm starting Antioch Chronicles, and while it is really well done, it's so old it doesn't even use Brood War content.DeadWombat1 03 Jun
13 May StarCraft: The Tune Hello! Back in days I made something, maybe You would like it. Tune with StarCraft 1 and Brood War samples. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x996wrzIqPg Regards, NaxxNaxx1 13 May
05 May 1.20.11 Patch Notes v1.0 Features & Improvements • Improved /f m to include modern Battle.net friends • Players will now get notifications when friends enter, or exit Battle.net & enter games. • Players will now be notified after using /f r to an invalid user. Bug Fixes • Fixed an issue where the refresh button was causing game to be listed more than once. • Fixed a crash related to accessing cloud maps in the create game screen. • The turn rate for custom or unranked games in multiplayer will now be preserved rather than defaulting back to 12.Kheluriel6 05 May
16 Apr Retrieving cloud replays Hi! I am trying to retrieve a bunch of replays (for Starcraft: Remastered) that should have been saved to the cloud but I can't find any of them. The weird thing is when I played just the other day I found all of them and could watch them, but now it seems the folder is completely empty when browsing from the game. Any idea what I need to do? Can I force the game to try and download the cloud replays somehow? Thank you!ToWelie0 16 Apr
01 Apr How to report typos to fix How do you go about reporting typos in this game? I've noticed the tiniest of tiny typos in the secret Brood War mission. During it, Duran says "its" (i.e. possessive) but the transcript on screen says "it's" (i.e. contraction). I'm sure Blizzard have got bigger bugs to crush, but perhaps they can backspace one character while doing that?Magma0 01 Apr
31 Mar Feedback Request – Hotkeys The ability to customize your hotkeys is coming to StarCraft. After you've read through our blog previewing these features, let us know what you think about these proposed changes. Thank you!Katriedna11 31 Mar
29 Mar full screen dont open starcraft in fullscreen on my crt monitor samtron 78 bdf (black screen) only work in windows mode / https://imgur.com/a/5K9V1jumu0 29 Mar
19 Mar Patch 1.21.4 Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors, Patch 1.21.4 has arrived! Features and Improvements As part of StarCraft’s 20th-anniversary celebration, we’ve added another unique console to Remastered. The skin can be enabled via the game options menu. We really hope you enjoy it, and we thank you for your continual support over the last 20 years. https://starcraft2.com/en-us/sc20 Added Turn-Rate 20 and 24 support Optimized performance of the interface elements for Gateway, Registry, Ranked Info, and Leaderboard Screens. Bug Fixes Fixed an issue causing ranked matches to frequently fail and re-queue. Crashes occurring during the join game process. Mac oversized cursor on Retina displays. Turn rate not displaying Fixed an issue where typing in Japanese and Traditional Chinese would cause a disconnect. Removed the Linked Profile option from the UI.Kheluriel1 19 Mar
13 Mar Collector's Edition Hi If i would buy Collector's Edition from Asia, would i be able to use that cd-key on EU servers?Yaro0 13 Mar
11 Mar Mapmakers are !@#$ The mapmakers are complete !@#$ in broodwar. Several maps has unfair starting positions. 1. Some positions can be mannered pylon, while some are immune. 2. Some positions mine minerals slower WTF is up with that? How hard is it to fix these things? HOLY %^-*!!!! I even saw a map where the starting positon needed 4 ON THE !@#$ING GAS Can blizzard make sure things like this doesnt happen? Because this really pisses me off.Dirtybag1 11 Mar
11 Mar Acheivements and campaign progress lost Acheivements and campaign progress lost It been a long time i have loged in but i lost all campain stuff and upgrades ?MyCupOfTea4 11 Mar
09 Mar Anniversary UI Skin Hello, Does anyone know how to access the 20 year anniversary UI skin for remastered ? I do not seem to be able to find any options that hint towards customization. CheersMiNi5 09 Mar
08 Mar Anniversary UI skin. I logged in but I don't know how to apply it. Can anyone help, please?Llouthe3 08 Mar
07 Mar SC20 Reward / 1.21.4 Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors, We’ve run into an unexpected issue while preparing to deploy patch 1.21.4 and will need to delay its launch. Because of this, the SC20 console reward will not be available until we push this patch. We’re hard at work to get these issues fixed as soon as we can and we’ll update this thread when we have more information to share. Thanks for your patience!Kheluriel0 07 Mar
23 Feb Bombastic StarLeague Hello Guys, I would like to let you know about event I'm organizing. Name: Bombastic StarLeague Format: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/bw-tournaments/531442-bsl-proleague-format-2802-deadline If you have any questions or would like to help, please let me know:)DiDeK0 23 Feb
30 Jan 2018 I'm on Windows, why the Bonjour notification? When I logged on on the EU Gateway today, Starcraft prompted me saying that the full network functionality may not be available as long as I don't have Bonjour installed/activated. I'm not using any Apple Devices on my PC. What is this about?AarynGenD2 30 Jan 2018
24 Jan 2018 Patch 1.21.1 - Updated 24 JAN Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors, Patch 1.21.1 has arrived. Features & Improvements Expanded EUD support to additional maps Improved latency for matchmaking games by preferring hosts that are not proxied Bug Fixes General EUD map Random Tower Defense will allow max players Battle.net The Chat Menu will only display one BattleTagID after sending multiple whispers to the same Player Fixed /users and the message of the day stats Fixed /ignore Compatibility Fixed an issue with Mac retina displays where the game would open in a very small window Fixed an issue where integrated Intel Graphics cards were not displaying certain sprites correctly. Kheluriel1 24 Jan 2018
22 Jan 2018 StarCraft R won't load... Game updated yesterday to version 1.21.2.3514 while I was playing it. In the middle of update my game stopped. I have waited for update to be finished, and after that game won't load. When I press blue Play button, it goes to state "Launching...". After that it goes to "Playing Now" state, where version text is changed to something like "Game is running.", and at the end it goes again at the beginning "Play" button and game doesn't start at all. I played this game for 2 weeks (I think I was at the 9th mission with Protos in original game) without any problems until now. Anyone have the same problems. ThanksZordan1 22 Jan 2018
19 Jan 2018 1.21.2 Patch Notes Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors, Patch 1.21.2 has arrived! Features & Improvements In our continual effort towards improving network latency we have implemented STUN NAT 2 support. This should drastically decrease the amount of people being proxied, so most players will no longer need to tinker with their router settings to forward port 6112. Once again we’ve updated our turn rate algorithm. It now determines the most optimal starting turn rate rather than starting at 16. Turn rate will now be displayed in the top right corner of the screen. Ctrl+Alt+T can toggle the feature on and off. FPS can now be toggled with Ctrl+Alt+F Various improvements and bug fixes in the EUD emulator including support for additional maps. Join the conversation: Network latency improvements: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20760836407?page=1 EUD: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20759418488?page=6 Kheluriel0 19 Jan 2018
25 Dec 2017 SC Remastered Users + BW Users Co-Mingle How come it doesn't seem to be possible? My cousin doesn't have SC RM, but I do. Still, can't I play with him somehow??crystalnips0 25 Dec 2017
19 Dec 2017 Question for SC2 free I have bought WoL and HoTS. I just want to know if I will get Legacy multiplayer units now unlocked, but the campaign needs to be bought with $? I want to get back into ranked multiplayer, but I dont know if I'll have legacy units unlocked.Bugermancer5 19 Dec 2017
18 Dec 2017 BWChart no longer works with recent patches! :T What do you guys use now for the analytical goodness of your glorious games?Kknewkles0 18 Dec 2017
11 Dec 2017 Bring 12+ Select Option for SP Campaign! Is it really that much a sacrilege for retro nerds if there was an option to enable the 21st century when playing alone ? Here are some points to consider: 1. How I play alone does not affect or concern other people. (no pun intended) 2. There is a cheat code that makes you invincible, but no way to remove an illogical handicap... am I the only one to smell the irony? 3. AI can command more than 12 units at once. 4. I paid for my copy, so the devs should at least CONSIDER my request, which is sound and rational, at least in my opinion. Come on, let's see the how much the fingers down tally rises.keops1 11 Dec 2017
08 Dec 2017 Patch 1.21.0 Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors. Patch 1.21.0 has arrived. This patch was focused on enabling EUD , updating the CCMU variables, improving our turn rate system, and introducing a brand new map pool for the current Frontier League. Features & Improvements EUD Added an EUD “Extended Unit Death” emulator that supports hundreds of EUD offsets for custom maps. This is something that we have been very excited to deliver for StarCraft Remastered and hope you all really enjoy it. For additional information on EUD please visit our blog: (Link) CCMU “Cannot Create More Units” Brood War enthusiasts can rejoice in the glory that is updated CCMU variables. We have raised the limits of sprites & bullets that can be spawned in game! Additionally, we have added an option while creating a game that allows players to adjust the CCMU limits back to their original limitations. Map Pool Updated the current ladder map pool in the Frontier League to: CircuitBreakers1.0 Fighting Spirit Match Point Longinus II Neo Jade Tau Cross Destination Turn-Rate We have updated our turn rate algorithm to be smarter and better than ever. The new system is more meticulous at determining if the turn rate needs to be lowered and will even increase it. Replays Players can now view their own replays from the profile screen. Bug Fixes General Changes made for Game Speed, Key Scroll Speed or Mouse Scroll Speed should now persist after patches. Pressing U now only toggles replay speed after Alt+Tabbing in and out of the Replay session. The + and = symbols are now working correctly within chat. Battle.net /where and /whois commands are now working correctly for those that are Blizzard friends and non Blizzard friends. Fixed an issue where some player and race settings couldn’t be changed in the Single Player lobby. Players that navigate rapidly through the client menus will no longer hit a black screen state. Compatibility Fixed a crash on Mac occurring when joining a Multiplayer custom game. Known Issues: Save game is disabled for EUD maps Replays will not be saved for EUD maps A big majority of EUD maps are supported except for maps that change the SCR graphicsKheluriel0 08 Dec 2017
06 Dec 2017 Why no acknowledgement for Random players? No portrait rewards for playing random and the ladder just display the most played race, even though there is a random option for playing ranked. Climbing the ladder is more challenging when playing random and so it would be nice if that would be acknowledged. Thoughts?stereomike1 06 Dec 2017
06 Dec 2017 Can I invert mouse in SC Remastered? Is it possible to invert camera's movement, when I move it with mouse mid-button? Mouse up - camera down, mouse left - camera right, etc.neon1 06 Dec 2017
03 Dec 2017 Map in classic graphics with terrain turned off There's an error with the minimap when playing in classic graphics. Reproduce it by picking Protoss, choosing classic graphics, and turning minimap terrain off. Instead of the minimap being black, it has a bunch of gray on it which makes it hard to see the dots on it.Aldea0 03 Dec 2017
01 Dec 2017 blizzard should add lan back as it is now it requires bonjour which is a virus. what they could do instead is to add an offline mode which can be activated only from the app. that means that people have to be logged in.andreasasp2 01 Dec 2017