Starcraft Remastered Technical Support

28 Mar 2017 WELCOME TO THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT FORUM! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct.Madkipar2 28 Mar 2017
17 May Where is remastered Just played yesterday, tried today and it's old version with low graphics. Rebooted pc, logged out and still no remastered. Any issues with servers? Thanks DulisDulis4 17 May
10 May Already Running when I try to load up Startcraft remastered it says its already running, I tried turning pc off and on didn't work and It wont let me uninstall because it is running. any ideas? :(Mike6 10 May
16 Apr Can't join games Hi, most of the times I'm not able to join any games, whenever I select a game, the page freezes then a message appears "Unable to Join Game". sometimes it takes me to the players page, but it shows just blank with no team info on it, a new message appears in a while "The game host has left" while actually the game is still exists in the games list and the number of ppl that are joining this particular game is increasing. I'm located in UAE - Dubai using my Europe account. it was working before, I was facing the same problem but less frequently.Aldehyde8 16 Apr
06 Apr Starcraft doesnt start So i downloaded the normal Starcraft (not the HD version) and when i press PLAY it changes the resolution of my screen and pops an error wich has the following text -Attempted to run in 256 color mode.Please verify that compatibility settings are disabled-. Then when i press ok or close the error it reverses back to normal resolution and nothing happens. Like i didnt press the PLAY button. Please HELP.Danithebear10 06 Apr
05 Apr NEW GRPAHICS HI GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP - I AM UNABLE TO SEE THE NEW GRAPHICS ON STARCRAFT REMASTERED - I PRESSED F5 BUT IT DOES NOT WORK. AND ALSO THE GAME OFFERS ME TO PURCHASE THE REMASTERED VERSION WHEN I ENTER THE GAME. BUT I ALREADY HAVE THE REMASTERED UPGRADE PLEASE ADVISE - THANKSkarron2 05 Apr
22 May Avatar progression points lost? It seems like I've lost more than 1000 points and a portrait that i had unlocked by playing ranked games. Are all points connected to my b-net account? I've recently renamed my b-net account, did that remove my points?mikok1 22 May
13 Feb Mouse stops working My mouse has stopped working when I launch SCII so I can't play the game - anyone got any ideas?fizzyelf3 13 Feb
31 Jan Two bugs in single-player missions Hello! First and easy is that in "Supernova" mission there is no 3. Protos artefact on the East megalith platform (closest to the enemy base with Vault). This prevents both mission goals to be fulfilled, achievements and scientific points (money reward) earned. And another, probably feature, is that when I fulfill 2 missions on Console, outside the main story rollout, I don't get reward for that (at least in scientific points and money). Please reply if second is just feature.nDmyonic4 31 Jan
12 Jan Keep being kicked out of BW HELP Hi all, I keep being kicked out of broodwar every 30 min or so.. its not a dissconnect with the timer it just says im "not conected with the server" and then when the game is finished it returnes me to the title screen and it logs out. i have tot reboot sc before i can go back online. My internet is fine never had any troubles besides this. I have reinstalled the blizzard app that diddent work either. Can anyone help me with this because its starting to be kinda annoying.SowNice3 12 Jan
12 Jan installing of new version I have brought the remastered version when it was first memtioned. how do I install it nowDreddthorne28 12 Jan
09 Jan orlan support center ORLAN SUPPORT CENTER, MY MISSION IS TO DESTROY ORLAN SUPPORT CENTER, I DESTROYED THE 3 SUPPORT CENTER HOWEVER, ORLAN KEEP ACCUMULATING POINTS, SO WHAT IS THE SOLOUTION ? tHANK YOUVIDVIDE0 09 Jan
22 Dec Shift queue commands Hello, I would like to ask for your help with an issue with shift-queue commands in Remastered. When playing the pre-Remasterd SC several years back I was able to shift-queue buildings (e.g. Probe "B" -> "P" -> press and keep holding shift -> "left click" -> "left click".. This would allow me to issue multiple buildings. Now it doesn't work anymore. I can queue up move commands / repairs.. But everytime I add building to the queue the queue gets disrupted and the worker starts building only. Also the outline of the building you see before you place it is not present while holding the shift key after placing the first building. Please help me. I have no idea what is causing this. I might be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out :-D. Thank you!Ashimmu0 22 Dec
15 Dec Black Screen with sound As title says when I start game I have black screen but sound is on and I can hear that I can navigate trough menu so basically game is working but without picture. Also the same thing is with Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 while more than 20 other game installed on my PC are working fine without any issues. Anyone knows fix for this??Witcher1 15 Dec
18 May Starcraft Remastered and Diablo II Hi there guys, how can I get StarCraft remastered for free and Diablo II and the Expansion for free? I am a loyal fan of BlizzardGordon2 18 May
05 Nov SC:R Settings not persistent Hey, for some reason my settings in SC:R are not saved between sessions for some time, specifically game speed changes from Fastest to one below that and it picks randomly between default and 20th anniversary UI. The strange thing is that the settings seem to be saved on cloud and do not get updated there; when I turn off my internet connection my settings persist, but when I turn them back on they get changed again after Brood War tells me it is "Downloading Settings" after starting. I tried changing the CSettings.json file manually and set it to read-only, this did not fix it. It worked for me before, does anyone have an idea why it does not any more?Poit0 05 Nov
21 Oct No full HD graphics (blurry textures) Hello, After installing the game, the graphics of a bad level are blurry, there is no clarity of units. If we compare it with the screenshots of other players, this is clearly visible. My configuration: Software: Windows 10 (last update) Last intel video drivers All up-to-date. Hardware: Intel Core i5 4460 , 8 GB RAM, SSD, video card Intel HD 4600 Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/9BxE3FB As far as I understand, the problem lies in the problems with processing HD-sprites on the integrated video card? How can I solve this problem - improve graphics? New videocard?int0 21 Oct
16 Oct Click in options cause freeze in macOS High Sierra Goodnight. I bought yesterday the remastered edition of Starcraft and when I start the game and clicking on options the game freezes. I use Mac OS updated last version and I tried to uninstall it, deleting the folder, but it is useless. Any help?LETRA2 16 Oct
08 Oct Still No saved games in SCR Hi All, SCR isn't saving games in the original campaign either to my PC or to the cloud. oddly no problems with saving in SC2. Tried changing regions, battle.net and SCR uninstall/ reinstall no difference and checking firewall settings. I had this problem since launch of SCR. I keep coming back after a patch and hoping its been fixed. Everything tried from Blizzard support but to no avail, any ideas? Thanks PathétiquePathétique1 08 Oct
23 Sep Cant save my game Hi, I cant seem to save my game? I have tried to edit save folder etc. Can anyone help? ThanksKnowles0 23 Sep
14 Sep 2018 [Co op] all levels reset All co-op hero levels are reset to 5 or below. Sucks big time if you've already unlocked mastery lvl 53 and now are forced to play trash tier heroes...Nash7 14 Sep 2018
22 Aug 2018 can't launch setup Hi, just payed for Starcraft: Remastered but nothing happens. Cant find where to launch the game.OneAboveAll1 22 Aug 2018
05 Sep 2018 Offline mode Hello, Is there a way to play SC2 in offline mode.I remember a while back there was an option.The problem is that write now I am traveling a lot and thus don't have a stable internet connection or any connection for that matter.I will be happy if there is some way to play at least the campaign and vs AI. Any support will be appreciated. RegardsDuality1 05 Sep 2018
06 May 2018 SC:R Launch issue I am unable to open the game while I am connect to the internet. I press the play button and the game does not open. However, If I disconnect the PC from the internet and open the game offline, the game will start just fine. Is there anyway to fix this?IIIIIIIIIIII3 06 May 2018
06 May 2018 HD Graphics greyed out HD Graphics greyed out on original StarCraft (Not remastered). I have a Radeon R9 980 with 4gb Ram. Any Idea'sDmanDoom3 06 May 2018
16 Apr 2018 Retrieving cloud replays Hi! I am trying to retrieve a bunch of replays (for Starcraft: Remastered) that should have been saved to the cloud but I can't find any of them. The weird thing is when I played just the other day I found all of them and could watch them, but now it seems the folder is completely empty when browsing from the game. Any idea what I need to do? Thank you!ToWelie0 16 Apr 2018
01 Apr 2018 How to report typos to fix How do you go about reporting typos in this game? I've noticed the tiniest of tiny typos in the secret Brood War mission. During it, Duran says "its" (i.e. possessive) but the transcript on screen says "it's" (i.e. contraction). I'm sure Blizzard have got bigger bugs to crush, but perhaps they can backspace one character while doing that?Magma0 01 Apr 2018
30 Mar 2018 full screen dont open starcraft in fullscreen on my crt monitor samtron 78 bdf (black screen) only work in windows mode / https://imgur.com/a/5K9V1jumu3 30 Mar 2018
15 Mar 2018 MacOS issue - Starcraft RE mouse issues After the latest battle.net updates (In last week and a half I believe), there is a significant mouse issue within Starcraft Remastered. I have tried numerous settings but nothing works. Tried in single player and online and there is no difference. The mouse seems to stick on certain frames and is just not responsive. FYI - Running a Mac Desktop 21.5 Retina 3.4GHz with 8GB Ram. I was really getting back into Starcraft Remastered and really don't want this to ruin it. Please can you help.ComHybrid2 15 Mar 2018
13 Mar 2018 Collector's Edition Hi If i would buy Collector's Edition from Asia, would i be able to use that cd-key on EU servers?Yaro0 13 Mar 2018
09 Mar 2018 Anniversary UI Skin Hello, Does anyone know how to access the 20 year anniversary UI skin for remastered ? I do not seem to be able to find any options that hint towards customization. CheersMiNi5 09 Mar 2018
08 Feb 2018 Error 3018 ? Hey there :) I just bought the Broodwar update But when I try to update the game, I get an "Error 3018" What the devil is an error 3018 ??? :) ChristofferChristoffer1 08 Feb 2018
27 Jan 2018 Disabled hotkeys Disabled hotkeys. All of them. All i can in game - LMB and RMB clicking. Scan does not help.GroBoiD1 27 Jan 2018
15 Jan 2018 starcraft dropout with WerFault.exe using a Clevo RU57, slightly older gaming laptop - just put windows 7 SP1 on it because vista no longer supported. I used Easydrive to find all the latest drivers and installed them. Diablo III works so it's not a driver issue? I am trying to use the oldest version of starcraft 1 with it (it worked fine on this machine back in the day) - but now even that has to connect to battlenet and do some sort of "upgrade" that then prevents it from launching. You click on Play in the battlenet window - it says game launching.... then nothing happens (suspect it is the up connection to battlenet server) - but it doesn't hang around long enough for me to analyse it - Can see on taskmanager that Starcraft.exe pops up on the "processes" tab, quickly followed by WerFault.exe then Starcraft dissapears...then WerFault dissapears...then the "play" tab re-illuminates in the battlenet manager window. Any suggestions ?BigBadMoo3 15 Jan 2018
15 Jan 2018 Very slow keyboard response Hi, I have a problem with very slow keyboard response. For example I cannot press 1a2a3a quickly, as only the first control group will move. I'm sure this is not a keyboard issue, as I tried on both laptop and external one and the issue is the same, while it does not occur when I play warcraft III e.g. Please could you propose any solution to this problem that does not allow me to play comfortably at all? Thanks. QuoteJendi3 15 Jan 2018
11 Jan 2018 CROWDS on Twitter - Season VI: Return of the Helpers To strengthen community-backed support for the upcoming World of Warcraft Patch 7.3.5, we're launching another season of our CROWDS initiative! If you have good knowledge of Blizzard games and services, in particular World of Warcraft, and enjoy helping other players ... by all means, keep reading, adventurer! CROWDS is a player-based support initiative that allows volunteers to help their fellow adventurers through Twitter, using an Android-based mobile app tied to our own social media channels. This app allows you to see and respond to tweets that are asking Blizzard for help. You can find more detailed information on CROWDS and how to use the app on our support site article. Regardless of whether you've participated in previous seasons or are considering to try it out for the first time, we're always happy to see more volunteers! Just like in the previous seasons, we've set aside a number of prizes to reward our best contributors. If you manage to outshine most of your fellow participants, you'll be able to choose from the following rewards: Hearthstone: Card Packs (x7) Heroes of the Storm: Loot Chests (x12) Overwatch: Loot Boxes (x11) StarCraft II: Co-op Commanders (pick any 2 and/or share StarCraft II: Announcers (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) with a friend) NOTE: Please be aware that using protected Tweets may prevent others from viewing your responses, disqualifying you from participation. Be sure to set your Tweets to public in order to remain visible and eligible for potential rewards!Hagut0 11 Jan 2018
08 Jan 2018 fan speed get super fast while playing the game online Every time I start a games on battle net. my computer fan speed increase so much until I can hear it loudly. I have new windows gaming Dell laptop computer with 4g video card, 16g ram and the newest i7 Intel processor. so this computer should handle SCR easily. during playing the windows task manager showing the GPU going up to 97 percent. I don't know if it is related to a fan speed. I have the same problem on my other 2 old computers and also on my friend's mac-book. can someone help me solve this issue? is someone having the same problem on his laptop?NorthernMan1 08 Jan 2018
04 Jan 2018 SC ends unexpectedly I bought the SC remastered week a go. Start playing ... but ever since the game go off in the middle of playing ... need restart it every time ... i send the problem to a support ... have no answer ... i will not buy anything from them in future ... waste of a moneyLEMUR1 04 Jan 2018
21 Dec 2017 Game exits after 1 minute of game Game keeps exiting. It doesn't give me an error messages or anything the whole game just exits about when I get my spawning pool done. I haven't played for a while so I downloaded the new sc patch and windows patch today. I tried the EUD thing. I joined some random match where everything was in korean and the match ended about 5 seconds in to it. I noticed all my hotkeys had disappeared. No problem, I found the txt file for grid hotkeys online and set it up again. Now every time I try to play match the game Exits to the desktop with no error message right around my spawnin pool has finished.hirvee2 21 Dec 2017
16 Dec 2017 Can't ignore player Sometimes (too often) in ladder games I need to ignore a bm player but most of the time it says "unrecognized user" when I try to do the /ignore command. I kinda just want to leave the game when I can't ignore. What can be done about this? Also, some people have names that basically can't be typed..Charlene1 16 Dec 2017
11 Mar 2018 Acheivements and campaign progress lost Acheivements and campaign progress lost It been a long time i have loged in but i lost all campain stuff and upgrades ?MyCupOfTea4 11 Mar 2018
29 Nov 2017 Game won't launch-previously worked Bought the game and downloaded just fine- not having that particular issue. I played the game the night I bought/downloaded, no problem. Go out of town for a few days, crank comp back up and download patch 1.20 and now the game won't launch. I click the Play button, says Game is running... no change for about 12 seconds then just resets itself and can click the Play button again to start the entire cycle over. I can't be the only one having this problem! Pretty frustrating that it worked the day I got it and now it won't. Oh well, any help appreciated.blueplums8 29 Nov 2017
16 Nov 2017 Several bugs using /w and /f a, f l b.net commands Hello! I use SC:Remastered and i have Many bugs on battle.net. 1) If anyone messages me using /w command I dont se that message and that who messages me see only text saying "Invalid user"! 2) nobody cant add me as friend using /f a command butterfly i can add them. 3) viewing peoples profiles dont work properly and games win/lose stats updates only after i reboot the hame. Pls helpGardenofLucK2 16 Nov 2017
25 Oct 2017 Battle.net log in issues in SC remastered Can't log in to Battle.net in Starcraft remastered. I just bought the game so I'm quite dissapointed not being able to play it in multiplayer online.Maelstream1 25 Oct 2017
20 Oct 2017 StarCraft Via Battle.Net App Since the recent Battle.net app update it now shows StarCraft and it says PLAY have they added the original free version to download via the app now or is it the remastered version, because it says Buy Remastered but PLAY and asks me to download 6.3gb for the game???Nakatomi1 20 Oct 2017
17 Oct 2017 Mouse Issues: box-selecting units Mouse Issues steel series (steel series sensei raw rubber surface) while in gameplay the mouse cursor has occasional troubles moving in the far right or left corners of the screen. main issue is that while box-selecting units the cursor seems to hit an invisible wall on the screen making it impossible to enlarge the box to a certain extend. the cursor starts wiggling back and forth at that point. so i usually brake up the selection and start again. Anybody having similar problems?JimRaynor1 17 Oct 2017
11 Oct 2017 CROWDS on Twitter - Episode IV: A New Season Following the success of this community-based support initiative, we've decided to kick off another season leading up into BlizzCon at the start of November. Like last time, players will have a chance to sign up for CROWDS, an Android-based app tied to our Twitter channels, enabling them to see and respond to questions and calls for help from fellow members of the community. Just like with our technical and customer support forums, our goal is to provide a platform for exchanging additional advice, which should be particularly helpful for players experiencing problems outside the business hours of our social media teams. Regardless of whether you're a veteran helper or are just now considering to join the ranks, we'd love to see you contribute to our Twitter channels! Like last time, there will be prizes for the best helpers. Helping other players can feel rewarding on its own, but if you manage to shine, you may also be eligible for a free BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, delivered just in time to enjoy live coverage from all stages, on-demand replays and epic bonus loot for our games! If you have already purchased your Virtual Ticket, or would rather receive something else rather than watching BlizzCon (b-but ... it's going to be awesome! we promise! D:), you may also be eligible to choose from one of the following: Hearthstone: Card Packs (x7) Heroes of the Storm: Loot Chests (x12) Overwatch: Loot Boxes (x11) StarCraft II: Nova Covert Ops Mission Pack StarCraft II: Co-op Commanders (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) StarCraft II: Announcers (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) For details on CROWDS and how to use the app, be sure to check out our support site article. NOTE: Please be aware that using protected Tweets may prevent others from viewing your responses, disqualifying you from participation. Be sure to set your Tweets to public in order to remain visible and eligible for potential rewards!Tyryndar0 11 Oct 2017
04 Oct 2017 Stats not showing Wht aren't my stats showing? People kick me from games because I evidently have 0/0/0 games played. I even have 1900+mmr doesn't make sense.Tomba1 04 Oct 2017
29 Sep 2017 realtime lighting grayed out it say that i need 2,3 gigabytes of vram but i have that. 2 gigabytes dedicated on the card itself and 2 gigabytes extra from the pcs own memory for a total of 4 gigabytes.andreasasp7 29 Sep 2017
27 Sep 2017 Digital sounds stopped working! Hi there. Suddenly while I was playing, the Starcraft digital sounds stopped working today and I am going crazy as I can't understand why. The game music is on, but all the sounds that the units make and for example the sounds that you hear when you are under attack etc stopped playing. Even the menu sounds when you click different icons like the "multiplayer" icon for example do not work. Anyone had this issue before?? I checked the sound settings but they seem to be fine and the "digital" volume seems to be somewhere in the middle of the bar. Please heeelp! Can't play!IronmaN2 27 Sep 2017