Why is it that some races are easier to play then other

StarCraft II General
I watched a professional Zerg stream a ZvT and my jaw dropped when I saw what he had to do to micro! Pretty much NOTHING! He A-moved everything apart from his banelings wich he just rolled towards the bigest clumps of Terran! Thats just silly because during the same fight the Terran had to micro his heart out to trade even, Whats up with that?

Is this a joke? Why are some races so incredibly liberated from micro while others are not? Do you (Blizzard) dont see how having to play a race that is harder, is actually a disadvantage?

Theres a reason to why foreign Terrans are having such a hard time to stand up against Korean Zerg and Protosses while foreign Zerg and Protosses are beating Korean Terrans on a regular basis.

As Gubby once said "If you want to succeed as a foreigner you need to play Zerg or Protoss! Only top Korean Terrans have the mechanics to play Terran properly!"

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/grubby-talks-about-the-open-bracket-vacation-and-h/2300-6410924/

Or when TLO and Stephano was casting a ZvT at the latest Homestory Cup and was discussing ZvT.

TLO: "Terran has a higher skillcap but is also much harder to play!"

Stephano: "Thats true!"

http://www.twitch.tv/taketvblack/b/535930643?t=2h37m57s

So whats up with that? Wouldnt you want all the races to be about equally as hard to play? As it is clearly a disadvantage to play something that is harder! To the point where it shows in Pro play.
Foreign Terrans having a really hard time to keep up with foreign Zerg and Protosses. This because mastering Terran race takes way more effort then doing the same with Zerg or Protoss (obviously something that is harder to play will take more effort to learn and perfect, not rocket science exactly!)

So maybe you (Blizzard) should also think about "balancing" the races also in how hard they are to play!?
Easy or hard it depends on you, if you choose to play bio and want to save each marine then yes - you must split, kite, run and so on... or you can take your hellbats + tanks+ thors + ghosts army and do the same A-move.

Try to play pure skytoss(mass phoenix, mass oracles, tempests > then carriers) against a bio terran, it is viable, but requires a lot of micro and attention(much more that terran does), otherwise it will cost you the game ....

So it all depends on your play style.
No, the banelings hits must be luck or the terran player did not move back far enough. If the Terran player split quick enough, the banelings will all roll to the closest unit. Good Zerg players will need to split as well or pull back and suffer hits. Forward split is harder than back forward split and proper split is more cost effective than producing banelings.

It is very hard to argue that who is having a harder time to control the units. A lot of micro are depending on how players are comfortable with the certain micro. For example, I am actually pretty comfortable to perform MMM split but I am extremely uncomfortable on certain blink micro but many players can perform all stalkers micro flawlessly.

Honestly, it is really not about balancing sometimes. It is about the players and what kind of style they can play, which means that certain play you found difficult does not mean it is more difficult for everyone.

I think the imbalance of the game should be about a composition that is too hard to engage and too hard to stop it from happening. For example, the WoL 3 base turtle Zerg to get investor/BL deathball to wipe out all kind of pressure from Protoss and Terran. Or Ultra sniping Ghosts. Or warp in Storms. Those things were nearly impossible to stop and all got nerfed and it was the correct decision.

The Terran backward split has been developed for years and it is proven not impossible to do. Most Platinum level players can do it now, especially when WM was introduced, there are much less requirement on the backward split. That kind of micro just need to be learned and practiced; you cannot blame the game developer when you are not forcing the Zerg player to do forward split, which I will say it again, a harder micro to do.
I guess you guys understands the game better then Grubby, TLO and Stephano then, because all three of them are saying Terran is WAY harder to play :). Ive also heard RotterdaM complaining more then once lately about how hard Terran is to play (he has said several times lately that he is off racing Terran).

But hey, what do those guys know? ;)
Switch to Zerg if you think they are easier.
16/07/2014 17:26Posted by Strajder
Switch to Zerg if you think they are easier.

So E Zzz Spshh
It seems like you have a special interest in TvZ...

16/07/2014 01:30Posted by eMDee
So maybe you (Blizzard) should also think about "balancing" the races also in how hard they are to play!?

Oh, they are testing 2 buffs for terran (TvZ mostly related) and 1 nerf for protoss (affects all-ins in TvP) so they are "balancing" the races to the right direction. Not that bad huh? ;) iirc you were asking for that mine buff yourself :)

16/07/2014 14:47Posted by eMDee
I guess you guys understands the game better then Grubby, TLO and Stephano then, because all three of them are saying Terran is WAY harder to play :)

I don't take too seriously what pros say. Most of the times it is BS to make themselves look more popular.
Image making plays a big role in pro scenes, thats why you'll see the pros saying that the other races are harder etc.
16/07/2014 18:29Posted by Tonusu

Image making plays a big role in pro scenes, thats why you'll see the pros saying that the other races are harder etc.

And that is good for their image because.....?? explain please?
16/07/2014 20:34Posted by Shenmue

Because that makes them look good mannered and "objective"
Being "objective" earns you fans from the other races.
It also makes you look good on the people playing your race.
In a few words: Good manners = Good image. some pros tend to overdo it though... And that applies to players from every race.
16/07/2014 22:57Posted by Tonusu
16/07/2014 20:34Posted by Shenmue

Because that makes them look good mannered and "objective"
Being "objective" earns you fans from the other races.
It also makes you look good on the people playing your race.
In a few words: Good manners = Good image. some pros tend to overdo it though... And that applies to players from every race.
What absolute nonsense LOL
You have SOME point, but there is one thing you overlooked.

INJECTS.

If the Zerg doesn't inject all his hatcheries in the middle of the fight he loses.
In the meanwhile Terran splits. And kites. And splits. And kites. If you did it a 1500 times it's not that difficult - it is muscle memory and carries no strategy or decsion making whatsoever.

Seriously, if i were given a choice between looking at my army microing and doing it myself, I would do the latter.

WHAT IS SO APPALING ABOUT MICROING???

Why don't Terrans want to do it? Microing feels better than watching your army.
oh look, a troll thread.