Why no...

Gaming, Entertainment and Science
Prev 1 3 4 5
29/06/2016 14:45Posted by AlexOdhin
It looks like some weird game for teenagers to me.

Yes, and that's what was initially keeping me from playing "Returns". But subsequent games toned down on the "millennial" look.

Shadowrun setting itself was created in 1989:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun
Shadowrun is a science fantasy tabletop role-playing game set in a near-future fictional universe in which cybernetics, magic and fantasy creatures co-exist. It combines genres of cyberpunk, urban fantasy and crime, with occasional elements of conspiracy, horror and detective fiction. From its inception in 1989, Shadowrun has remained among the most popular role-playing games. It has spawned a vast franchise that includes a series of novels, a collectible card game, two miniature-based tabletop wargames, and multiple video games.
I hate the quoting system. You have to take all the text and then chip it.

Hmm, that's a tabletop game. I've read about it the first time. What's that got to do with actually being a PC or video game? I also don't dig cyberpunk, not that much steampunk either. I like it when there are as few to no cyborgs.
Steampunk has nothing to do with Shadowrun. <_<

The reason I mentioned the origin of Shadowrun is to show that its franchise is not a recent thing. They merely revived it recently with a "modern" look.

On an unrelated note, Rasofe is on Battle.net right now with me.
08/10/2015 14:27Posted by Mikal
08/10/2015 13:42Posted by BrotherRoga
How the heck is this still on the first page?

Sheesh, now the nostalgia is flowing back to me... AAARGH!

Oh, sure, they remove Tychus' cigarette in HotS, but BroRo gets to keep his. I see how it is, Blizzard; hating on the terrans and giving the tauren all the good stuff, are we?

And Graves can't have a cigar either...

Oh, excuse me, my LoL is showing.
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749157269

I guess, I might be retiring from Blizzard too sometime in the future.
You work at Blizzard? :P

There's no reason to suddenly stop playing Blizzard games that you enjoy. If you are concerned about quality of different elements of the games, art direction, writing, and so on, it has been taking a different path from the "golden age" of Blizzard for some time now. WoW and Hearthstone are something completely different than WarCraft. Diablo III was initially something completely different than Diablo and Diablo II, then they patched it up to somewhat more resemble the original games. StarCraft 2 is different than StarCraft. Heroes and Overwatch are... something I'm not a fan of.

But all of this, which lasts for the last decade or so, didn't make me stop liking the original games.
15/09/2016 16:55Posted by Strajder
You work at Blizzard? :P

Retiring from the future fanbase. I still have work to do with the World Editor.
If you are concerned about quality of different elements of the games, art direction, writing, and so on, it has been taking a different path from the "golden age" of Blizzard for some time now.

Yeah, true but I'm afraid of the worst that the future may bring. It's not pessimism. It's realism based on what you've just written.
WoW and Hearthstone are something completely different than WarCraft. Diablo III was initially something completely different than Diablo and Diablo II, then they patched it up to somewhat more resemble the original games. StarCraft 2 is different than StarCraft.

I am mostly referring to the story department. Sure, other people could make great stories in that universe but:
https://youtu.be/eJO5HU_7_1w?t=2m18s
Jeez, it's been a full month since the last post...
27/10/2016 23:39Posted by BrotherRoga
Jeez, it's been a full month since the last post...

Yes, I haven't posted here in a while. Too busy trying to finish my PhD at the moment than worrying about Starcraft lately but just dropping in. How is everyone going?
Wes faresss well, we faresss, wes haven'ts forgotten about youssss.
Hey guys! If you want, you could go see the new Star Wars. In my opinion, it's better then the one last year.
09/11/2014 00:08Posted by AlexOdhin
08/11/2014 00:50Posted by Strajder
Overwatch

So this is Titan?
Anyways what the hell is that game anyway? Feels like a ripoff of DC and Marvel Universes.

I try keeping high hopes for LotV.

I agree. I saw Rogue One just before I went on holiday for Christmas. I really liked it.
I really liked how they portrayed Vader in Rogue One
20/02/2017 08:03Posted by BrotherRoga
I really liked how they portrayed Vader in Rogue One

Ah, yes. I thought that was an appropriate ephemeral scene.
Watch it with the spoilers though :P
Checkity the news guys!
https://starcraft.com/en-us/