Not buying LOTV if its going to be a full game price!!

StarCraft II General
I really don't understand blizzard, they became so greedy. There is no other way to explain this other that blizzard decided they wanted to make more money so let's make it standalone even though its just an expansion.

and if its about new players who don't want to buy all three, I didn't see them doing that with WOW, it has what 5 expansions now??

They are already making us pay real money to test Heroes of the storm, even though all heroes should be totally free in Alpha, because this is about testing and not making money.

If blizzard continues this kind of greedy strategies I might even quit blizzard games overall.

Putting aside blizzard fan boys who will defend blizzard in everything they do and just pay whatever blizzard asks, I'm talking to the more logical people here.
Dude, you're free to decide for what you pay. What's the problem?
the problem is they are saying we can make whatever we want and you will still buy our games because you are a mindless addict and I refuse to be treated as such. Unfortunately there are a lot of addicts who will pay whatever blizzard says, but if things keep going this direction, me and I hope other players would take a stand.
While the game will be a stand alone, they never said it will be sold for that price, so hold your horses and put those pitchforks back. Just wait until more information is being send to the community before making (wrong) decisions.
Then vote with your money, ill gladly pay for the cinematics, updated multiplayer, several years of monthly map pool updates, a singleplayer campaign and more.

07/11/2014 21:50Posted by Bigevilpeter
I didn't see them doing that with WOW, it has what 5 expansions now??

Isent the default game and all the previous expansions a bundle for 15 euro?
07/11/2014 22:17Posted by Timelog
While the game will be a stand alone, they never said it will be sold for that price, so hold your horses and put those pitchforks back. Just wait until more information is being send to the community before making (wrong) decisions.

Well I haven't made a decision yet, I'm just saying if. But i think there is a very high possibility it will be a full price game, that's the main reason they would make it standalone.

07/11/2014 22:19Posted by Likkan
Isent the default game and all the previous expansions a bundle for 15 euro?

Even though I think it's more expensive than that I don't play wow (i play all the other games) , I still think those who really like the game and are fans will buy the expansions as they come out, so they will be paying the full release price for each expansion. this is just to attract new players, but I think the old dedicated fan is is where they get most of their money from.
07/11/2014 22:17Posted by Timelog

Well on one hand they are not making new players buy two older expansions. That would be rather expensive.
On the other, I do think LOTV will be more expensive since it's a standalone.
I think it would be a tremendous move on Blizzard's part if they just like ''oh hey, you guys that forked out full price for all three? You guys are awesome, here's some portraits/frills and stuff you can have only if you do that.''

As it is, it seems as though it could end up with people who pay £/$40 for Legacy (come on, don't even debate it. You know it will be.) and are happy with it, vs a bunch of people who paid the full £/$120 minimum and are annoyed by the former. It will not be conducive to maintaining what little community we have.
Hold the phone... will Legacy of the Void be standalone? Where did they announce that?
07/11/2014 23:24Posted by BigLloydtree
I think it would be a tremendous move on Blizzard's part if they just like ''oh hey, you guys that forked out full price for all three? You guys are awesome, here's some portraits/frills and stuff you can have only if you do that.''

If it becomes a standalone then we do have the numerous campaign portraits, thought I see the logic.
07/11/2014 23:30Posted by Likkan
Hold the phone... will Legacy of the Void be standalone? Where did they announce that?
07/11/2014 23:24Posted by BigLloydtree

If it becomes a standalone then we do have the numerous campaign portraits, thought I see the logic.
They announced that during the Legacy of the Void Announcement during the Opening Ceremony, although nothing has been said about anything else, only that it does not require Wings of Liberty or Heart of the Swarm.
Explains it, was asleep and had thought Blizzcon was months from now.
07/11/2014 23:55Posted by Likkan
Explains it, was asleep and had thought Blizzcon was months from now.
You are the second one tonight that says that :O
Maybe they will offer a discount to those who already own WoL & HotS, who knows. =)
Put your money where ur mouth is and go buy another game then lool
!@#$ it, I'll spend £100 on it if that's how they want to play it. I've played SC since the beginning and thoroughly enough the creative work, the entire structure of the game and everything poured into it by Blizzard and the people who actually made it. And I've really enjoyed this community from sc2.

That being said, I hope it's not really expensive. Because there are 3 games maybe they can make you only have to have WoL, since that is the base engine. But if you need all 3, maybe they'll have some really great deals so people can enjoy LoTV with us online and not be burned out of alot of money.

*edit*

Oh wow it's standalone? Rock on Blizzard :)
08/11/2014 01:00Posted by Deanx
Maybe they will offer a discount to those who already own WoL & HotS, who knows. =)

The people who bought WoL and HotS will buy LotV anyway. So why give us discount?
08/11/2014 09:04Posted by Blake
Oh wow it's standalone? Rock on Blizzard :)

That's good only for new players, apparently such as yourself, but for those of us who own both previous expansions this is a rip off, and btw most of the people who will buy LoTV will be fans of the series who already own the previous expansions.

So its not about helping new comers its about making more money out of addicts. Tbh I'm super hyped about LoTV, but I've got some dignity.

08/11/2014 10:13Posted by Silence
The people who bought WoL and HotS will buy LotV anyway. So why give us discount?

Because people like me who own previous expansions, will not buy LoTV if they don't give us a discount on it and charge us as an expansion.

If blizzard does give us a discount then it is really about helping new players and I will take back everything I said
How is that a rip off.. What do you want? It's been almost a year since you paid £30 for a game you are Still playing. You need a wake up call, stop being a child and demanding things. You have to pay for what you use. It's called cooperation. They actually put alot of work into making these games.

My post count should have been a real big give away as to how long I've been playing.
*edit* correction, we're going on 2 years now. March 2013 was when HotS was released.
Jeez...

1. The game being a stand-alone means that players don't have to buy the first two games. That's not greedy.

2. The game being a stand-alone means the player base has the potential to become bigger, which can only be a good thing.
I'm not asking to get the game for free, but for the logical price. All expansions cost less than the original, because its exactly the same game with some additions. And trust me they will make a ton of money if they charge you the normal expansion price, they just want to make two tons of money instead. You're free to pay whatever you want, but it's because people like you that blizzard will keep increasing prices and charging whatever they want, because they know that whatever they do you will still buy their games.

I am a huge blizzard fan and I played most of their games since diablo 1, but I'm just saying I'm not happy with the direction the company is going