Not buying LOTV if its going to be a full game price!!

StarCraft II General
08/11/2014 11:34Posted by Pamyu
Jeez...

1. The game being a stand-alone means that players don't have to buy the first two games. That's not greedy.

2. The game being a stand-alone means the player base has the potential to become bigger, which can only be a good thing.

I'm not upset about this fact its actually not a bad thing. all i'm saying is that owners of previous expansions would at least get a discount to make it an expansion price, that way we will still have payed the equivalent of 140$ while the new comers will only pay 60$
C'mon just stop it, this game is going to be epic on another level and you don't want to pay for it?
I will pay for it (if the price is logical) and I want to get it and I know it will be epic, I am just talking about a concept here.

I might have gotten ahead of myself here so i'll just wait and see what blizzard will announce about the prices
So... what sort of Price is acceptable to you.

Bare in mind it's not the same game, there's story art and concept, audio dialog(actors) CGI, story structure, textures, balance, new programming additions ect.
I'm talking of the same price as HotS expansion, since this is exactly the same thing (an expansion).
Well, I'm indifferent at this point. £20-30 is fine by me. £40 is a stretch. I think I don't mind either way because of the amount of work that has gone into keeping sc2 alive and kicking over the years. + the amount of work going into this conclusions, which is a big deal for this franchise. They've also kept out micro transactions and have done an assortment of other things, such as even giving easy access to character models. They've made the starter edition aswell which is free, and you can play HotS for free if you have a friend who owns the game.
While all of this is a two way of productivity, I'm not going to yell if they charge a bit more because this game is a standalone. I expected an expansion. So being a standalone, that's something to consider.

HotS retailed at $40 on release btw. WoL I think was $60.
It's gonna' be cause it kind of is that type of a game.
It's showing middle finger for all who bought previous games, they will become useless. I wouldn't mind if HotS had been standalone as well, but this is strange inconsistency.

I hate upcoming changes, so if beta doesn't change what I saw at Blizzcon I won't play LoV online anyway.
What @SaikoDasein said ^^
I'm not upset about this fact its actually not a bad thing. all i'm saying is that owners of previous expansions would at least get a discount to make it an expansion price, that way we will still have payed the equivalent of 140$ while the new comers will only pay 60$

People who paid the equivalent of $140 have had the opportunity to play this game from 2010. (4 years of play time).

Newcomers will be paying less money, but they will only have had the opportunity to play the game since 2015 or so. Furthermore, newcomers will not have access to the WoL or HotS campaigns, or any of the other features on those games.

You are, quite literally, complaining about nothing.
The game is dead so either they make it cheap or many people will not buy it. Since whats the point of playing a dead game.
I live in South Africa, So im going to pay 20% more regardless the price. Now there is something to think about!

But yes, Im buying, regardless the price.
10/11/2014 05:01Posted by NagatoPain
The game is dead so either they make it cheap or many people will not buy it.

What will a different pricetag matter for People who wont play it to begin with?
Posted by NagatoPain
The game is dead so either they make it cheap or many people will not buy it.

What will a different pricetag matter for People who wont play it to begin with?

Damn you guys are silly or have no Business experience.

Should you sell LotV for to cheap, we will get the feeling that they are forcing the game on us and that its not a good game top start of with. Selling it for to expensive, some people will buy it and the rest will wait for the comments to see if its worth the buy. So it will be more or less the same as HotS, but just a bit more expensive in my opinion. The price that people will put on a good game.

But that said, they have to do more than just add 5 new units and change a view others, adding 2 -3 new mechanics and a new story line to make it worth 40+ EUR.
I think its a good thing they will sell it as a stand allone, keep in mind the SC2 engine is already 7 years (!!) old and its starting to show.

Also its mulithreading support for example is terrible. Some crowded maps/games lag hard on i7's just because it runs on only 1.5 cores.

So we will get a brand new engine!!! Which is DAMN GOOD!

They always sayed it will be priced as an expansion
07/11/2014 21:50Posted by Bigevilpeter
There is no other way to explain this other that blizzard decided they wanted to make more money so let's make it standalone even though its just an expansion.

So what will the price be? I could not find it.

They are already making us pay real money to test Heroes of the storm

Have played that game, spent nothing. Not sure if we are playing same game :)

Putting aside blizzard fan boys who will defend blizzard in everything they do and just pay whatever blizzard asks, I'm talking to the more logical people here.

Provide some arguments because so far your logic is based on word "greed" and nothing more.
10/11/2014 09:14Posted by Nagas
Provide some arguments because so far your logic is based on word "greed" and nothing more.

The argument is that they are charging you a full game price for an expansion(not yet confirmed, but probably true). The expansion is exactly the same game as the previous with just a few more units in multiplier and a chapter of the story (just like heart of the swarm). yet probably you will be charged a new game price, even though they didn't really create a new game, just added some content on the old game.

Even if the game is good it's a matter of concept, whether you like to admit it or not the effort put in to the expansions is worth the equivalent of 40$ and not 60$.

10/11/2014 09:14Posted by Nagas
Have played that game, spent nothing. Not sure if we are playing same game :)

Well then so far there is no way you could have tested many of the 10k heroes. You're playing the game for fun and not testing.

Some heroes like azmodan, abathur, nova, anubarak have never been on rotation, so have you tested these heroes.... no you have to pay in order to test them and there is now way you could have gathered wnough gold to get them all.
Drastic multiplayer updates, a new campaign, two new gameplay modes, new art assets for both multiplayer, singleplayer and modding purposes, possibly more alternative unit models from levelling, balance teams working on making free seasonly maps and more. If they are are not entitelled to choose the pricetag they desire for all that then I wonder about what gives you the right to.
Hey won't listen. He thinks the worlds run on good will and fluffy bunnies.