Finished Top 8 Diamond and 5-0'd my placements

StarCraft II General
and i get put in platinum. yeah ladder is really fixed...
Well, I'm a silver and recently played a game against a 9 time gm terran in placement, and lost to then be placed against a diamond zerg... I need a bit of rest and recovery....
they fixed the higher leagues, proffesionalls got placed in diamond for example
Then i should be elated- got gold after being diamond and plat prev season and had a 60% winning rate 1v1.. After all the data Blizz has taken frm its users one would think the tech issues has been solved.
If you belong in a higher league you will be promoted soon enough. Give the system some time to stabilize after the changes they have made.
GM league not yet open.
Because of the changes to the ladder Master league needs to filled up again from the buttom thats why most last season Master/GM are now in diamond.
Don't think too much about what league you're in. It will ruin the fun of the game.
16/04/2015 08:08Posted by Timelog
If you belong in a higher league you will be promoted soon enough. Give the system some time to stabilize after the changes they have made.

You have to ask yourself "What did blizzard do so that any reasonable post defending blizzard gets downvoted"

Not sure, I got placed in masters and I don't believe I belong in there. But please people. Give it sometime. I was placed in Plat and played 28 games to get promoted to Diamond and then to Masters.

Hopefully pros stuck in Diamond will be fixed when GM opens.
22/04/2015 05:15Posted by Wrath
Hopefully pros stuck in Diamond will be fixed when GM opens.

they are in GM already

upd: those who got the spots while they were available that is, others still stuck in diamond ;_;

I hate people who say this crap.

It's unethical to say such things and dismiss all the time and hard work people put in to even get promoted on this broken ladder system. Now you're asking us to do it all again and burn ourselves out to get a league a lot of us have already been in 10+ times before.

I'm a 12 time Diamond league player, and I almost always finish top 8. I honestly believe last season, that if it wasn't for the broken ladder I probably would have got Master league. This season I got placed in Platinum league, where I had a nightmare getting promoted because both Platinum and Diamond is caked in Master and GM players.

To be honest, I'm quitting this game for two main reasons:-

1. Because the game balance is atrocious, especially in PvT. Anyone who says this game is balanced, even the 'professionals,' if you can call them that, needs to get !@#$ing educated.

2. Because the ladder and promotion system is dysfunctional and quite frankly, not very inspiring.
Just play the game and you get to what league you belong in as far as the ladder goes didnt they complete reset it meaning you all started fresh and when faicing your opponents you might have faced low ranked people so your MMR wasnt high enough to get higher.

But at the same time if you are infact a way better player you should have no problems getting there again.
It's strange i started of as gold afther placement, afther 20 games or so platin rank 1 cuz's of points i had. 1 more win later i got diamond... i dont belong there...
15/04/2015 15:48Posted by MuckySwag
and i get put in platinum. yeah ladder is really fixed...

The highest league you can get from placement matches is Diamond, i guess in your case your mmr didn`t improve enough(didn`t get enough points from the 5 games) to actually place you in diamond after the placement.

It`s not a big deal, just play more and your mmr will improve to that point.