Is it just me or does LotV feel... Non-StarCraft-y?

Campaign and Story
What kind of a multi-planet dictator speaks in a wide open plaza?

I don' be knowing about that but most if not all of Earth's dictators did that.
Artanis, on the other hand, looked like he was just being possessed, which shouldn't result in a power increase.

Then stick to the fact that Zeratul was wounded.
Even assuming that Psi can actually increase physical ability, how does his Psi just "increase" by simply being possessed? There's no evidence for that.

I don't know man. It's speculation... And you're taking this possession thing the wrong way. For instance, a child could use a toy do break another one while that manipulated toy would not be able to break the other toy without a force acting on it.
Was the green blade generated from Artanis' psi or Zeratul's gauntlet?

Zeratul's, of course.
Alas I don't even remember at what point of the campaigning it was played :X I remember that it involved Rhoana, if I am not mistaken, and Artanis, obviously.

Well then, it still has to be proven. At least I can't be assured they die like terran yet.
23/11/2015 21:17Posted by Ornstein
Still, it feels cheesy to introduce a superpowers-based godlike character in a science fiction.

On the fly, yes.
23/11/2015 21:29Posted by vGǂIsti
I do not understand, then Ulnar is the same place as Void, it must be in

It's like a place in between the real world and the Void. Think of it like a wide open tunnel.
23/11/2015 21:29Posted by vGǂIsti
Only Xel'Naga which followed Amon was Narud.

Or, the only one left. We don't know exactly, as the xel'naga had some infighting, first as incarnations and then as metaphysical creatures. We don't know how many xels actually were on Amon's side and how many on Ouros'. We only know the result.
@AlexOdhin

23/11/2015 22:42Posted by AlexOdhin
I don' be knowing about that but most if not all of Earth's dictators did that.

True, but there weren't any invisible, mind-dominating, reality-bending super-assassins that were out for their heads.

I don't know man. It's speculation... And you're taking this possession thing the wrong way. For instance, a child could use a toy do break another one while that manipulated toy would not be able to break the other toy without a force acting on it.

Indeed, however the capability has always been there and that capability was just utilised. Artanis shouldn't have really had the capability in the first place, but if Zeratul was truly plagued by an old injury, then I understand.

Well then, it still has to be proven. At least I can't have be assured they die like terran.

It is proven, it is in LotV, but I can't be bothered to go through the entirety of the campaign to find it. You don't have to believe me, but I assure you that it was in LotV. I have no reasons to lie.
23/11/2015 23:07Posted by Ornstein
It is proven, it is in LotV, but I can't be bothered to go through the entirety of the campaign to find it. You don't have to believe me, but I assure you that it was in LotV. I have no reasons to lie.

https://youtu.be/SQxfk3Dij4g?t=4m47s
That doesn't really look like a warp to me, especially when the other Khalai are/were corrupted.
https://youtu.be/SQxfk3Dij4g?t=52m58s
But here we see them on the ground...
Yeah. It's not even a SC1 SC2 retcon, it's an inconsistency within the very same campaign. On another note though, Selendis looked absolutely brutal in that scene!
I do not remember, but maybe in the mission death from above kerrigan took damage from that psy thing, so she was not 100% primal zerg. I will check it
Anyway your allies are always useless, it doesnt' matter which race you're playing as in teh epilogue, the other two are always mongoloids who build only a handful of units and basically are just there to distract the enemy units from your base. Facepalm.

Glad I'm not the only one that is completely pissed of by this.
I failed Epilogue 2 on !NORMAL! because I thought "well you just had this mean def mission (salvation) where the toss managed to defend 4 entrances... surely they can handle one on their own.

Nope the get wiped out by a few marines and Marauders... not even a medic in there WTF Blizzard?!
I sniped the BCs, thinking "they can handle the rest".

Have yet to finish that mission, because I ALT+F4'd the game at that point.

Don't get me wrong I loved the Protoss campaign.
Esp Alarak was the essence of awesome. (TNG fan)

But I really wish the Epilogue wouldn't exist.
It ruins everything.

27/11/2015 21:40Posted by vGǂIsti
I do not remember, but maybe in the mission death from above kerrigan took damage from that psy thing, so she was not 100% primal zerg. I will check it

She takes plenty of damage from the field. mend is strong enough to heal her against it on normal though, so pop leviathan and do business as usual. ^^
27/11/2015 23:14Posted by Ifalna
I failed Epilogue 2 on !NORMAL! because I thought "well you just had this mean def mission (salvation) where the toss managed to defend 4 entrances... surely they can handle one on their own.

It's not hard on Normal at all. Kerrigan is the key until your confusion drops and you start using terran troops and bunkers.
TNG fan

What? Star Trek?
It ruins everything.

No. It does not. It's just rushed and unpolished that's all.
Way to miss the point.
I know it's not hard. But it's utterly immersion breaking that the combined might of the unified firstborn can't hold ONE FRIGGING BASE ENTRANCE!

And as I said: I already sniped key units like battlecruisers via Kerrigans laser. They should at least be able to handle the rest of the trashpacks w/o primitive Terrans holding their hands at every turn.

You know what would make this map far more fun and memorable? Being able to control all three races, managing each base at the same time.

TNG fan

What? Star Trek?

Alarak is voiced by John de Lancie who played the awesomeness of Q in Star Trek. He is just perfect for Alarak in every way.

Also I knew that Ouros sounded familiar but I didn't recognize him right away: Michael Dorn (Worf)
This expansion sucked !@# WOL was much better even i am toss fan i found toss exp boring as hell.

But music in expansion was pretty good tho but rest was just yawn yawn yawn. i protected a beacon in wol done that i pref not to do that over and over see same stuff again. And some missions felt like moba
I felt like Starcraft II entirely felt non-Starcraft. Starcraft original and broodwar had this gritty and war-like feeling to it. It felt realistic, not due to graphics, but due to excellent dialogue. It was a true science-fiction with a war theme, while Starcraft II was quite all over the place and much more a mix of Warcraft and Diablo in a package named Starcraft, than an actual game of Starcraft.

I have been disappointed time and time again by Blizzard, but I kept hopes up for a better sequel... WOL felt a bit lame, but still an okay kickoff for the franchise. Until that sequel came (HOTS)... It wasn't just lame, the plot felt rushed and unfinished, and the dialogue was plain bad. The gameplay shifted from an RTS to more of an RPG-style game, with one character being the main piece instead of an army. Throughout the entirety of HOTS I could just send Kerrigan to a random place in the map, and wait until I've won. The gameplay in LOTV felt a little bit better, but then I was completely devastated by the incredibly, annoyingly cliche and terrible ending.

It feels like Blizzard found the old Starcraft and needed to get rid of the loose ends, so they decided to just put an end to it. Blizzard feels tired, not innovative anymore. I can rant on, but in my point of view the original two Starcraft games were infinitely better than Starcraft II. Of course, those games weren't perfect either, but I would have expected Blizzard to keep the good parts of Starcraft and get rid of the cheesy and bad ones. They did the exact opposite, and amplified the cheesiness...

The point is... Starcraft was frankly the most original franchise Blizzard had. Warcraft was directly inspired by Tolkien, Diablo is just a goth representation of the Bible... But Starcraft, Starcraft was unique. Sure, it was inspired by Alien, but that's just the art style. The plot was actually quite unique, even globally. Now they just ruined it, which is a shame since this could be the comeback of RTS gameplay.
That is a general shift in Blizzards art. They no longer have the dark and mean artwork but instead chose a colorful / more comic like style.

I think it suits them well.
I loved it. It was awesome.
29/11/2015 06:44Posted by CaptJaneway
I loved it. It was awesome.

I didn't. It was way too fantasy and childish for me.
Amon created the Khala if I recall correctly, that was him "Uplifting" them.

The Taldarim are split into three different factions if I'm not mistaken.

The only a xel'naga can kill a Xel'naga bit is a bit... wierd.. with how stukov killed Narud, although given what Amon had become It's not a stretch to say that only a xel'naga was capable of killing him.

The Psi index of the terrans was actually changed to what it is today due to kerrigan, when she was first discovered, she literally broke the scale so bad they had to come up with a new ranking system. It's also mentioned in WoL that her psionic Signature is:unclassifiable, up from the eleven or twelve or so she was rated at a different time I believe.
04/12/2015 20:28Posted by Viper
he Taldarim are split into three different factions if I'm not mistaken.

What!?
04/12/2015 20:28Posted by Viper
The only a xel'naga can kill a Xel'naga bit is a bit... wierd.. with how stukov killed Narud

Yeah, true. But also, the fact that Duran was a lesser xel'naga. Again what!? So there were bigger and smaller xel'naga!? Oo.
05/12/2015 00:15Posted by AlexOdhin
Yeah, true. But also, the fact that Duran was a lesser xel'naga. Again what!? So there were bigger and smaller xel'naga!? Oo.

Ouros actually says that only a xel'naga can kill the fallen one, but doesn't really make mention of xel'naga otherwise only being killable by other xel'naga, which ends up supporting why the zerg were able to assimilate, kill, or at least destroy the physical bodies of the Xel'naga when amon unleashed the zerg upon them.
05/12/2015 08:49Posted by Viper
Ouros actually says that only a xel'naga can kill the fallen one

Oh yeah? How does it know that? Did it or any other xel'naga kill Amon? I'm guessing yes since Amon was declared dead before reviving post WoL.
05/12/2015 08:49Posted by Viper
which ends up supporting why the zerg were able to assimilate, kill, or at least destroy the physical bodies of the Xel'naga when amon unleashed the zerg upon them.

But you missed something. The xel'naga were using hybrid vessels, they were manifested in this universe. They were not orbiting Zerus with their true Void-ish nature.
Oooor, magically summon forth my dreamgirl :P
There are 2 things that ruin SC2 completely. Amon and Prophecy.
23/12/2015 11:06Posted by Xandar
There are 2 things that ruin SC2 completely. Amon and Prophecy.

Not to mention all minor discontinuities in SC2.