HoTS and LoTV story sucks.

Campaign and Story
the fight against Amon is suppose to look
Yeah, they degraded to the level of a childrens' bed-time tale.
i loved all the storys from each game
wol,hots and lotv...but i hated the epilogue...rlly hated it
This fight against Amon... Called: Dark God.
Srly, he could rip planets, he was the most op Xel'Naga and it looked like nothing. Ok, it looked easy, but the epilogue is a bed story... There didn't happen any fight or stuff like that, only talking and talking. The last mission was lol. (The missions before aswell, but the last really hurts me...)
Personally I wouldn't say that Hitler ever was evil. He committed horrible atrocities, but he had to make hard choices. Grabbing power and sometimes loosing to its temptation.

Honestly, saying Hitler worked alone would make him a god.
06/04/2016 21:57Posted by Jono
"strongest

Strength is included in what it meas to be fit. But then we could extrapolate that strength is also what means to be fit, adaptation is the strength of an organism.
07/04/2016 12:57Posted by vGǂIsti
he could rip planets

Didn't see or hear of that one.
Wings Of Liberty - Was awesome, I loved that campaing, it made the Terran race look so glorious. (I'm Z btw)
Heart Of The Swarm - Nobody cares or remember. (I also wanted new units so when it came out I was really disappointed)
Legacy Of The Void - Reason I hated this so much is because of Zeratul's death and Kerrigan Xel Naga g@y sh!t.
05/09/2016 21:12Posted by SharquiMetal
Wings Of Liberty - Was awesome, I loved that campaing, it made the Terran race look so glorious. (I'm Z btw)
Heart Of The Swarm - Nobody cares or remember. (I also wanted new units so when it came out I was really disappointed)
Legacy Of The Void - Reason I hated this so much is because of Zeratul's death and Kerrigan Xel Naga g@y sh!t.

I love your arguments. They're basically: "I like that, I don't like that."
For the ones that don't want to get the political campaign with all kinds of ideas being run by them.
Thin of LotV this way:
When I manage to get the campaign far enough, I can choose different unit for "a slot in the army" and have fun with the variationism of that army.
Slay all the enemies and win the day.

Personally, I did like the campaigns good enough.
Sure the SC2 story is more straightforward compared to SC1 and BW, but that is basically caused by the fact Amon is the main story villain. In SC1 there was still room for individual faction to doubblecross eachother to gain power or something. When a the end of SC:BW Duran was introduced as Amons servant, the theme for the furtherment of the story changed dramatically, no longer allowing much for personal gain, as they would ultimately find the demise by Amon.

A possibility could also be: if one ended the campaign after LotV part was done, Aiur was saved, Amon beated back to the Void... and end it there.
This could leave a lot of room for a still very dark atmosphere to be present in Starcraft.
25/09/2016 15:56Posted by BloodRayne
This could leave a lot of room for a still very dark atmosphere to be present in Starcraft.

Now there's is a wide possibility of that when nobody actually knows what Kerrigan is doing/able to do/going/wanting to do.
26/09/2016 15:48Posted by AlexOdhin
25/09/2016 15:56Posted by BloodRayne

Now there's is a wide possibility of that when nobody actually knows what Kerrigan is doing/able to do/going/wanting to do.
Indeed. They kind of left things open after the conclusion of LotV with the cutscene and accompanying story lines, i.e. Where did Kerrigan and Raynor go? What about the Dominion under Valerian? (partly expanded upon with Nova: Covert Ops) etc.
When a the end of SC:BW Duran was introduced as Amons servant, the theme for the furtherment of the story changed dramatically, no longer allowing much for personal gain, as they would ultimately find the demise by Amon.

Yeah sorry I'm going to have to disagree with you here. It was a secret mission so all in all kind of optional. To be honest I would have preferred to have Kerrigan remain the main villain sort of and really see Raynor kill her. Amon sucks as main villain, no deep story or character development but that's just my 2 cents.
I think Blizzard is just recycling the plot for each of their campaign RTS, I mean basically SC2 has the same logic than WC3 "united against the greater evil" a logic we have seen even in Broodwar with the 3 races united against the "bad guys" from Terra.
In addition of that, why EVERY missions in LOTV got a cooldown?? All the fun is testing the different combo of armies because it's the only campaign where we can change every thing after every missions to play the next.
Another thing; I would have loved some missions with a special faction, like in WC3 TFT where you have an entire campaign with blood elf and nagas, like primordial zerg, Xel'Naga, infected or even Hybrids, since when we are not allowed to play the dark side in a RTS ?
But SC2 campaign got a really sh*tty design, since you have to buy every element of the global story.
19/03/2016 21:38Posted by Crenon
I agree, i hate the whole sc2 . simple cash grab for children , zero climate from sc1 ...i made raging post myself before Lotv even came out.. , hate what they did to awesome Kerrigan from sc1 , hate Zagara, Overmind was much more unique and original , sounds in sc2 is soo bad,omg .. didn't even buy Lotv , saw the whole story on youtube , tnks to blizzard they left me heartbroken ,from revering them for sc1, now i hate them,those greedy humans.. the only character left that i find interesting and seem unaffected by this rubbish sc2 story is Nova, but it worries me.., that at the end of the upcoming cover ups story for her, they will ruin this character just like Kerrigan..

Man IT'S BLIZZARD you want some real grim dark space future go play warhammer 40k game. And if you tell your children :"Amon seing all the suffering of life wish to end it all . He elevated the protoss but they betrayed him. [More super children friendly story] And artanis go to see the xel'naga in their secret hideout to help him fight amon BUT THEY WERE BUTCHERED TO THE LAST ... and amon was there waiting for him." Somebody please put those children in a orphanage.
i recently played through the HoTS campaign and i laughed out loud at how horrible the ending cinematic was..

Kerrigan addresses Mengsk and tells him something like "you can never suffer enough for all the lives you've ruined" and he replies "i made you into a monster, Kerrigan"

like what?... that's Arcturus Mengsk's final words?? that was !@#$ing terrible lmao.
30/07/2018 02:12Posted by JaGGsaW
like what?... that's Arcturus Mengsk's final words??

He had no choice but to accept his defeat and realized that he was partly involved in his own death (indirectly, of course).