Help me understand WCS terminology

Gaming, Entertainment and Science
Hi.
I have trouble understanding the scope and organisation of competitive gaming in Star Craft 2. I have tried googling alot of web pages, but none of them had an "entry level" info, including the official WCS blizzard page.
I find all of this very confusing so let me sort my questions in order:

1. What is a WCS, who is organising it and who owns it as a brand?
    2. Who can take part in WCS?
    3. How is WCS connected with other Star Craft competitive gaming brands like:
    3a. What is ZOWIE Open
    3b. What is Dream hack
    3c. What is Intel Extreme Masters?
    4d. What is Pro League?
    4e. What is GSL Code S (wtf??)?
    4d. What is SSL Premiere?
    4. How come there is a sort of division between korean gaming structure and rest of the world? I realise they have deeper gaming traditions and read all about how competitive gaming arised from small town internet spot cafes battling each other. However how is it they have their whooole championship structure (WCS Korea)? Is it blessed by blizzard or is it a private initiative?
    5. What is WCS Circuit and how does it compare to WCS?
    6. Why is there a WCS Spring and Summer edition? I'm so lost....
    7. WHAT THE HELL IS Copa International and how does it stand to WCS???
    8. Is there a chanel on youtube I can watch current events? The WCS site links to a channel called WCS StarCraft, but the list of the videos says, last added was 10 months ago...
    9. Since I'm from Poland, I know there is some sort of annual great finals party in Katowice, I think it was the Intel Extreme Masters 2015 finals, however I can't find any information about this year. Is it still going to be in Katowice? Can you point me somewhere?

MASSSSSIVE Thanks for your help and patience to this wall of text.
Thank you.
20/09/2016 08:43Posted by Shadewind
4. How come there is a sort of division between korean gaming structure and rest of the world? I realise they have deeper gaming traditions and read all about how competitive gaming arised from small town internet spot cafes battling each other. However how is it they have their whooole championship structure (WCS Korea)? Is it blessed by blizzard or is it a private initiative?

I think they split it up because the Korean top players is/was just abit too good for the rest of the world so some tournaments have region locked to only European citizens or American.
20/09/2016 08:43Posted by Shadewind
8. Is there a chanel on youtube I can watch current events? The WCS site links to a channel called WCS StarCraft, but the list of the videos says, last added was 10 months ago...

There are scheduals at the top of the main page, ESPORTS next to Forum. If its the events youre looking for im not certain but its the only list I know of.
http://wcs.battle.net/sc2/en/schedule

About what the difference between all the names is, I have no idea. I think its major tournament organizers that hosts events for several games.