Max resolution for SC2

Starcraft II Technical Support
Recently I bought a new 34'' Widescreen monitor. All ready and excited I launched SC2, only to find out it did not support the new 3440x1440 resolution that my new monitor had. A little bit disapointed, but.. fine.

Today I re-installed WarCraft 3, only to find out that a game from 2002 did support the higher resolution.

What's up with that? Why does SC2 not support it?
Hello TJL,

The game, can go up to this resolution, in fact it can go as far as the monitor/graphics chip can support it, there are plenty of videos around showing the game running in 4k resolution.

Can I maybe ask, what exactly is the message that you were receiving, and you are saying that the resolution in not supported?

Take care.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Help me get to Exalted with the Blizzard faction
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Kraykore
The option to select the desired resolution does not show up when I try to select it in the option menu. Is there an other way to set it to 3440x1440?
Hi,

I have the same prob. I have a really nice and smooth giant 34 inch gaming monster at home for a !@#$load of money. All Blizzard games support that nasty thing! Only SC2 gives me a stange 2440x1440 resolution or something like that. The beast needs 3440x1440 - is there a way to get it? My mentioned resolution is the max in the options...

Salud!
your graphics card could be limiting it as they have limits. you could certainly check what resolution it is limited to.
What about 8k?
each graphics card have hardware limitations so no matter what monitor you use you will still be limited by that. warcraft 3 is restricted to full HD(i just tested it). there is 3 places that can restrict resolution: software limitation, gpu limitation and monitor limitation. blizzard have confirmed that there is not a software limitation. i have no idea what your graphics card is so i can not say what its limit is.
Hello TJL,

The game, can go up to this resolution, in fact it can go as far as the monitor/graphics chip can support it, there are plenty of videos around showing the game running in 4k resolution.

Can I maybe ask, what exactly is the message that you were receiving, and you are saying that the resolution in not supported?

Take care.

Hi same pb, all my others games work with my 34'' screen, but not SC2, play only in 1980/1080
I can't hve more .... any idea?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Help me get to Exalted with the Blizzard faction
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Kraykore
Still no 3440x1440 resolution. It's 2019 Blizzard!!! Bring it back please. At least in Single player mode =\
resolution is local but, the game is badly optimised. higher resolutions use more processing power, causing starcraft 2 to run slowly. they have to optimise the game before they can up the resolution.