More players for co-op

Multiplayer Discussion
Just curious, I don't know if this came up before, so I put this out there:

How would people feel about 3- or 4-player Co-op missions on larger maps?

I am not talking (x)vs(x) / North vs South multiplayer; I mean co-op/ mutation as it is, but on larger maps with more players (and maybe multiple enemies to make up for the additional players)?
10/05/2017 21:34Posted by STA
How would people feel about 3- or 4-player Co-op

It will affect the queue times but if they decide to do so I would not mind it. Compromises would likely have to be made thought with limiting the players to one base each due to the poor performance of Starcraft 2.
10/05/2017 21:34Posted by STA
Co-op missions on larger maps?

I do not know if Blizzard has kept settings for themselves but right now I belive they are using the maximal map size from my experience with the Editor.
They can increase the size artificially by decreasing sizes of units along with speed/range stats to make it feel larger thought.
I think the first problem is gonna be performance. Its already a freaking nightmare on certain maps atm, and pretty much all maps with the wrong commanders and combination.

Like take Stukov on Dead of Night map ouch.
Or stukov with someone going carriers.

Would be nice if they would focus on a performance patch.
24/05/2017 14:42Posted by RMJ
I think the first problem is gonna be performance. Its already a freaking nightmare on certain maps atm, and pretty much all maps with the wrong commanders and combination.

Like take Stukov on Dead of Night map ouch.
Or stukov with someone going carriers.

Would be nice if they would focus on a performance patch.

I can understand your concern with perfomance. Perhaps a possible performance work in partnership with Intel and even AMD for them to be able to optimize the game.
It is obvious that the computer requirement will have to be more rigorous.
For example, players need to have at least one corei9 intel with a video card GTX 1080
Would be ok... specially if we are 4 and playing against two foes... i.e. defend that temple stuff while still having to secure some miners escape. Like mixing two coop missions into one.

The more the better imho.
Can you guys add me as friend please? Returned to starcraft after one year break.
Have latest Core i7 Laptop with GTX 1050 graphics and fastest broadband.
Want to rank up co op ladders, I'm Terran like Marus play style.
Thank you.
+1 more players on coop maps
Hello

Indeed, if you could play 4 players in Coop mode it would be ideal. Thanks to the Blizzard team for taking into account our demands that will bring a new interest in the game and more flexibility for the players in this mode.
i support the idea. blizzard can just use some of the slots that is currently amon for other players and give amon more maximum supply to compensate. it should be possible. the queue can be changed to make players get into either a 2 player, 3 player or 4 player game.