installing of new version

Starcraft Remastered Technical Support
This is so not cool :(.... i've only ever had epic thing to say about Blizzard...... started with warcraft 1 2 3 regularly having setting up Coaxial lan parties back then was the only multi player either of my friends or i could experience. due to the poor state of affairs in South africa when it came to telecoms and internet bandwidth back then.
I got myself a special treat in the form of Starcraft 2 Collectors edition. that cost me nearly half a months pay due to poor currency exchange rates and the massive price tag that i gladly paid as I am and have always been a huge Blizzard fan... i was still playing SC when Sc 2 came out it
sadly lost the ability to play SC2 any more. when i lost my Gfx card.... gave up the ghost and a few days GFX card and joba few days later due to a motor cycle accident that resulted in 4 months recovery and almost loosing a foor :( ....
still couldn't praise blizzard enough. they are the s
lately (the last 3 years i've been playing LOL as a substitute)because it's has low demands on hardware... then Blizzard make my decade and announce the remastered versions of Starcraft but that from what i understood was blizzards way of giving back to the SC community for the decades or support and loyalty :)

Need less to say with the changes in telecoms infrastructure and my need for a good game that will play on my wooden pc other than Q3 Arena i went and downloaded the the remastered sc and even got to play one very short rush game that i was completely unprepared for :) but still loved it. now yesterday i had some alone time again witch is a rarity nowadays. so big smiles and plans for long days of sitting catching up with a long lost friend that resulted in me almost flipping out completely at the pc thinking it had a corrupted HDD and had damaged crucial files... so i set the pc to run a repair on the game and come to terms that with the fact that its probably gong to be a hold day again as it was a more than 11gb downloading and installing the 1st time...

Next day early morning just before heading out to take the wife to work I noticed that the pc had finnish the repair . When i got home went straight to the pc and assumed the position for a much anticipated reunion only to discover the repair had made my 11gb SC folder now be a 11bg fold home to the original sc game with the THE SAME OLD LOOOK AS IOT WAS BACK IN THE DAY WHERE D
then looking to see if i cloud find a bit of help on the forms only to discover that it wan't the pc but rather something that many others were also expr. Now for the 1st time since ever i'm left with a bitter taste in my mouth. it's the 1st time ... or the only time so far and hopefully the last time that this my hero (Blizzard) has turned out to be a bunch of hot air :( ..... it feels like that sick churning sensation one get in the pit of one's stomach when one know whats coming and wan to turn and run but are trapped or strapped in for the rest of the ride wither one wants to or not.
It's a crying shame how an an entity can be go from being on a pedestal to in the trash so quick and violently :(

PLZ Blizzard ... make me eat my word by fixing this right.
Install via blizzard app and click play. It uses the same client as the old updated version of Starcraft. If you press F5 in-game (even in the main menu) it toggles between the old and the new graphics. This is from a game master, I have done this and it works, surprisingly simple :-)
Seems there are two issues here, the first being that if you have purchased the game but still see "Available Now" in the Blizzard Battle.net App then all you need to do is click the 'X' in the top right of the ad and you'll have the install options.

Secondly if you have purchased and are playing but see the old graphics just press F5, you can toggle between the two.

I have installed the Anthology version.
Ran it, runs ok.
Purchased the Remastered version, but when I open the Bliz app it does not give me an update button or anything. Most importantly - when I got to my Battle.net account and select Manage games, click on Remastered and I get a screen with just a jpg of the Remastered artwork and no buttons for download or any text - it's like a broken page. Restarted a couple of times, tried different browser and still the same empty broken page. The purchase of the Remastered game can be seen in my transactions history, yet it does not show in my games.

Could an admin/mod assist please?

Thank you!
25/08/2017 14:02Posted by ByteSize
Hi!

I have installed the Anthology version.
Ran it, runs ok.
Purchased the Remastered version, but when I open the Bliz app it does not give me an update button or anything. Most importantly - when I got to my Battle.net account and select Manage games, click on Remastered and I get a screen with just a jpg of the Remastered artwork and no buttons for download or any text - it's like a broken page. Restarted a couple of times, tried different browser and still the same empty broken page. The purchase of the Remastered game can be seen in my transactions history, yet it does not show in my games.

Could an admin/mod assist please?

Thank you!

The same here!!!
ByteSize and Urlet; did you actually read what I wrote? Look here: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/17616633212?page=1#post-20

I've explained how to play it (updates are automatic, normally, unless set otherwise in the settings), if the problem is that you don't see how to run/play the game (if you don't see the 'play'-button, thus). If you're talking about downloading/installing the remastered, then you just need to use your login/account which you used to buy it.

If it's a matter of being able to play it, but seeing the old one (anthology), then press F5. This toggles between the old and the remastered. In the options/settings you can indicate what and how you want to play it; it remembers it afterwards. But even if it didn't, you can always re-use F5.
Bought the game , when it appeared Star craft remastered, it shows that it was purchased, but I can't play it and same thing with star craft 2 deluxe edition, help!
09/01/2019 17:10Posted by LYNX
Bought the game , when it appeared Star craft remastered, it shows that it was purchased, but I can't play it and same thing with star craft 2 deluxe edition, help!

LYNX, in order to avoid confusion with older and different issues, please open your own thread and explain what happens. Your message sadly provides very limited information and it's not clear if you need help installing the game (this is the first message of this thread) or if you are missing an update button.

Please keep also in mind that a digital deluxe shouldn't require extra download and from what I can see, your account already has this update. As for StarCraft: Remastered, if the relevant tab in your Blizzard App is missing the Install button, check if you have a splash screen with an X in the top right corner. If you do, close it and you should see the normal menu.

Thank you!

Note: thread locked; necroposting.