Ranked Season 1, 2018, LOCKED. Oh really??

Multiplayer Discussion
Hello guys!

Im a good player, far from a hardcore one, and not even close to pro, but I am a very competent player who really like this game.
This Ranked Season 1 of 2018 has so far been my best ever, with Diamond in 1v1 + 2v2 and now Master in first 4v4 AND 3v3 just barely before the Season Lock, at May the 9th!

My current 4v4 Random is Master Tier 3 Rank 41, and my 3v3 Random WAS Master Tier 3 Rank 8 when the Season Lock was put in place...

So, I have some questions about this so-called Season Lock, which is from 9th-16th of May this season. Does a LOCK for Ranked Season 1 2018 not mean that you CANT get promoted or demoted at all, atleast if you not play at all, win or lose??

I was sooo jubiliant about being placed at Tier 3 Rank 8 in my 3v3 Master just when the Season Lock got into effect, so I thought, "heeey maaaan, im gonna get that sweet Team Top 8 Master achievement! :O :)

But, apparently, today the 14th of May, just 2 days before Season end, my Rank 8 has dropped to 9 :( WHYYYY Blizzard, if I may ask!?? I haven't even played any 4v4 at all, YES, a few games in a fixed team, but not on my current 4v4 Random standings, so nothing should affect it...

Team Top 25 Master is also pretty nice, but if this Ranked Season truly has been LOCKED, then I should bloody well get a Team Top 8 Master instead, which is somewhat nicer.... this honestly really makes me a bit angry, especially considering all the effort I've put into the game.

Please, any clarification would help out!
"Ladder locks" only prevent players from being promoted or demoted, you can still climb to rank1 in your division for example; you just wont get promoted to next tier, until next season.
15/05/2018 09:11Posted by masHta
"Ladder locks" only prevent players from being promoted or demoted, you can still climb to rank1 in your division for example; you just wont get promoted to next tier, until next season.

Oh okay, so it prevents me from dropping or rising between Tiers and Leagues, but the ranks themselves aren't secure? Gah, then I might as well play some 3v3 today, to try and get a bit up again, before the season stops in 11 hours!