Need Help with "Unit - Any Unit dies" Again

Custom Maps and Arcade
Hi,
I created a Arcade Map where all Players get a unit out of 60 units I chose which I modifyed. Their goal is to kill each other and reach as first a set score. If a unit dies the triggering player gets a new one. First I tried without conditions... My Problem is that if some abilitys are used the player gets a new unit although their old one is still alive. It's like the ability says "Hey Trigger, I killed a unit" but didnt kill a unit. Later I tried with conditions but it doesnt work for all abilitys.... only for some.
"Einheiten(X)" is a unit var which has all unit types which are allowed. With that I check whether the Triggering unit is an allowed unit or maybe the ability says "Hey Trigger, I killed a unit which isnt allowed" ...Then the owner of the triggering unit doesnt get a new one.

Events
  • Unit - Any Unit dies

Conditions
  • Or
    • (Unit type of (Triggering unit)) == (Unit type of Einheiten(0))
    • (Unit type of (Triggering unit)) == (Unit type of Einheiten(1))

Actions
  • Create 1 Unit....

I also thought maybe the trigger is ok so I have to edit the abilitys. But I don't know what and how I should edit it. One of the abilitys for example is the "Destruction Wave" from Alarak. I gave the ability another unit... maybe I forgot something when I gave abilitys to other units... but I dont know what.

I think either I have to fix the trigger or the abilitys...
Got two hypotheses;

1. From what I can see the trigger does not discriminate whos unit dies, could it be that one persons unit dying is causing everyone else to get an unit aswell?

2. What kind of spell are we talking about? Its been too long since I used the editor but if the spell is an Missile Unit could it qualify as an unit in the trigger?
First of all: Thanks for the help @Likkan

06/01/2019 04:33Posted by Likkan

1. From what I can see the trigger does not discriminate whos unit dies, could it be that one persons unit dying is causing everyone else to get an unit aswell?

No, that's not the problem. I did something that the owner of triggering unit (any unit dies, so the owner of the dying unit) gets a new unit. And that the owner of the killing unit (The unit who killed the other unit) gets a killpoint.

06/01/2019 04:33Posted by Likkan

2. What kind of spell are we talking about? Its been too long since I used the editor but if the spell is an Missile Unit could it qualify as an unit in the trigger?

Many different spells. For example a grabbling hook from the unit "herc" (Which cant do damage. With this spell you can grab your unit to another point. Its good for escape or hunt an enemy or to jump over cliffs) and the destruction wave from the unit "Alarak" (Which does damage and can hit many enemies at the same time). The weird thing is that if you use the destruction wave without hitting a unit, nothing happens. But if you hit a unit with the ability the owner of the unit who used the spell gets a new unit. Sorry if I forgot to say that the player who used the ability gets a new one. I looked in the editor... Some abilitys are listed as "units" but for example the destruction wave isnt listed as "unit".
So the destruction wave has to create a unit for the owner of the caster and if the destruction wave hit an enemy the unit dies and if the ability doesn't hit an enemy the unit is still alive or none unit was created.

It can be caused by an effect or an actor or a model or a behaviour... from the abilitys. They have too many to look on every. Especially I don't know for what exact I have to look for. So even if the problem would be right in front of me maybe I don't know it. But if that's what I have to do... I do it because it's the last problem I have to fix. After that my map is finished.
Im opening the Editor as im posting this to check on Alaraks spell to see if the Pushback of Destructive Wave in any way could give clue, though my slow internet only uploads a megabyte per four second. Is there any other triggers with Unit Creation in your map by any chance at all?
Think I mightve found it, Alaraks Destruction Wave has an odd effect in that he technically "kills" the unit then creates another for the knockback.

Does this anomaly with the "Any unit dies" trigger kicking in without reducing an enemys units hitpoint to zero happen with any other spells?
07/01/2019 19:41Posted by Likkan
Think I mightve found it, Alaraks Destruction Wave has an odd effect in that he technically "kills" the unit then creates another for the knockback.

Ok... so I cant fix the odd effect because then maybe it would bug. So I have to change the trigger (Event)... But don't know how...

07/01/2019 19:41Posted by Likkan

Does this anomaly with the "Any unit dies" trigger kicking in without reducing an enemys units hitpoint to zero happen with any other spells?

Yes, for example with the ability "Herc - Grapple - Nova". With this ability the unit hooks himself to another position. I think it's like the Destruction Wave from Alarak... The Unit kills itself and creates a new one at the new postition.

Thanks.. Now I know why this happens... But now I have to find a solution for it... i can't do that killing yourself doesn't give a new unit because every unit has a suicide button which they can use after 30 seconds. Because if someone is an air unit which only can attack air units and another unt is a ground unit which can only attack ground units... They can't play. Maybe I have to check whether the owner of the triggering unit has after 1 second a new unit or not.
Youre gonna have to fiddle around with making the spells from scratch but Grapple id imagine might be possible to create by having the character teleport like Stalkers and have the spell create an visual missile while the casting character is stunned for a brief moment.

Alternatively you could try to see what you can do with Conditions if you can make the trigger ignore the effect "Suicide Remove" which is what I think is causing the spell to kill unwanted units in the movement spells in both the HERC grapple and Alaraks Destruction Wave.
Thanks for your help. Now I only have to investigate time to fix my problem. Either I use other spells try something with the effects. The only big thing I have to do now is to find all abilitys which are killing the caster unit.
Need Help again... :(
It worked with a few abilitys... but.. I dont know why... somehow other abilitys and weapons now are bugging... I thought that I solved the problem.
Look what I added to "solve" the problem:

Events
  • Unit -Any Unit dies

Conditions
  • General -Wait 0.1 Game Time seconds
  • General -if (Conditions) then do (Actios) else do (Actions)
    • if
      • (Count of (Unit type of (Triggering unit)) units in (Entire map) owned by player (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching Ausgeschlossen: Geschoss, Tot, Ausgeblendet, with at most Any Amount) == 0

• Then
      • Spawn units ... pan camera...

Ausgeschlossen: Geschoss, Tot, Ausgeblendet should be in english something like that: "Excluded: Bullet/missle, Dead, hidden"

It shall wait 0.1 seconds because if you use an ability like Destruction Wave, the unit dies and a new one is created. So in this 0.1 Seconds the new unit should be already created. ... Maybe I have to do the waiting time a bit higher. If I do it up to 1 game second it doesnt work... so I can do it to 0.5 seconds.. this should be enough. And then it looks whether the player has a unit of the same unit type again (-->If unit uses ability, Dies, Creates a new one of the same unit type). If the player has a new unit of this unit type nothing shall happen. If he hasnt a unit anymore he gets a new random unit like it should be. The weapon which buggs now too (But only sometimes.... [Dont know why only somethimes]) is the weapon if the Blightbringer. It looks like an AOE damage weapon.
14/01/2019 16:49Posted by Lúkémàkèr
The weapon which buggs now too (But only sometimes.... [Dont know why only somethimes]) is the weapon if the Blightbringer. It looks like an AOE damage weapon.
Blightbringer - Vile Stream I assume the weapon is.
How does it bug out? Is it not causing the trigger to occour or does the weapon itself not work properly at times?

And it sounds like there might be some unit by this point which does not fully die potentially. Which units is it possible to spawn? Ill run through them to see if they have any funky hidden attributes or flaggs that could be messing with your trigger.
14/01/2019 20:56Posted by Likkan
Blightbringer - Vile Stream I assume the weapon is.
How does it bug out? Is it not causing the trigger to occour or does the weapon itself not work properly at times?

The weapon spreads a kind of poison on the ground (AOE Damage), which does every few seconds or milliseconds damage. This poison stay there for a few seconds... I think ~15 seconds. Sometimes nothing happen. But sometimes it activates the trigger (Any unit dies...) which creates a new unit. So it cant be that this weapon creates a unit and kills the old one instantly like the destruction wave, because if it would be like that it should been fixed with that:

Conditions
  • General -Wait 0.1 Game Time seconds
  • General -if (Conditions) then do (Actios) else do (Actions)
    • if
      • (Count of (Unit type of (Triggering unit)) units in (Entire map) owned by player (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching Ausgeschlossen: Geschoss, Tot, Ausgeblendet, with at most Any Amount) == 0

• Then
      • Spawn units ... pan camera...

14/01/2019 20:56Posted by Likkan

And it sounds like there might be some unit by this point which does not fully die potentially. Which units is it possible to spawn? Ill run through them to see if they have any funky hidden attributes or flaggs that could be messing with your trigger.

Thanks, You help me a lot.
Gave Blightbringer least another look and found two possible leads on the Vile Stream weapon.

Effects:
  • Blightbringer Vile Stream (Launch Missile)
  • (Basic) UI: Ammo Unit^
  • CreateNovaAcidPuddle (Unnamed)
  • (Basic) Effect: Spawn Unit^

One of these might be the perpretrator, try to stick into the conditions to ignore the death of the respective units that die from being spawned by those.
    Im throwing a wild guess here (im no expert on the editor) but im guessing on CreateNovaAcidPuddle actually spawning an unit could be to blame.