New Co-op commander suggestion: Selendis

Multiplayer Discussion
Yeah, I donno where else to post something like this.

Selendis seems an interesting character in the story, but does not get a lot of attention in it. That's why I'd like to see her some around as a commander in Co-op.

She could be an aircraft based commander, seeing as the closest we have to one now, is Han and Horner. Of course that might make her OP as hell, so a pop-cap of 100 might be in order.

Her ground units should properly be limited, but not erased. Also, a new unit to grant at least SOME defense against Scourge, as those things rip ships down faster then a pizza at Bliscon.

I'm not sure what kind of support she could have, aside from a warp in of temporary Golden Armada ships, like Zeratuls.

I'm open to ideas as to how to better balance the idea.

Bonus: mission idea.

Played through the Void campaign, and one mission stood out to me: the one where the terrans gets stunned every 2 minutes. How about a mission where the commanders takes turns on being stunned like that?
I think this has been suggested before about making Selendis a commander.
However, I like your ideas... they seem to fit her well.
Powerful air armada, focus on air units, limit supply to 100 seem good enough.

As for the top bar abilities, maybe more air/ground support (like Zeratul) would sound like a copy of him.
How about the Mothership in the beta version of the game, I remember when Blizzard announced the demo of the game, the Mothership had the Planet Cracker ability. That could be fun to use and to get an achievement out of that.
Make ''Summon Mothership'' a top bar ability.

The mission idea... I like it, sounds fun. Players taking turns in attacking the enemy and supporting their ally.

About that mission, I have some questions:
How would the stunned player be affected? Would he be able to gather resources but not build buildings or make units? In the mission, we know the stunned Terrans are unable to attack, and gather resources.
What about the top bar abilities? Would the stunned player be able to use them?
I suppose base defences would also be affected? Bunkers, missile turrets, spore and spine crawlers, cannons, monoliths and so on would be ''offline'' or not ?

But overall, I like your post
+1
I didn't think much about a Mothership ability, because I know that Alarak has the Death Fleet as a call down, which has a Mothership. But I like the idea of it having a Planet Cracker ability. I didn't play the demo myself, but thank the gods for youtube.

As for the mission, I think it might be a little unfair if drones/SCVs/phrobes got stunned too. I also think abilities should be unaffected, in case the co-op partner is either slow or uncooperative. I think all fighting units, production and upgrade buildings should be affected.

I'm not sure about defenses. On one hand, I think they should not, because if they are, you are completely at the mercy of your partners ability. But if they are not, then commanders like Swann and Karax would kind of an unfair advantage.

But I'm sure the devs could find a way to balance the mission. They do this for a living after all. If only they could make Brutal a challenge again xD (Not counting mutations)
17/02/2019 15:36Posted by AngryDuck
As for the mission, I think it might be a little unfair if drones/SCVs/phrobes got stunned too. I also think abilities should be unaffected, in case the co-op partner is either slow or uncooperative. I think all fighting units, production and upgrade buildings should be affected.

Yeah, you're right.

17/02/2019 15:36Posted by AngryDuck
I'm not sure about defenses. On one hand, I think they should not, because if they are, you are completely at the mercy of your partners ability. But if they are not, then commanders like Swann and Karax would kind of an unfair advantage.

Of course... that makes sense.
What was I thinking... silly me :D
Noticed how nice the Golden Age skins looks. Might make a good pick for Selendis and her Golden Armada
selendis already have commander data. you could look at it.