Idea for shorter Versus

Multiplayer Discussion
I love to play in the evening before I go to bed. But I can't go to bed too late if I have to work the other day. So I can mostly play coop, because the game ends always early enough. Although I prefer versus.
My idea for Versus would be a game mode called "Time limit": If after 10 minutes the game is still going the map is going to shrink. All your units and buildings which touch the now outer border of the map are moved inside. If after 15 minutes the game is still undecided this happens again, if after 20 minutes the game isn't over it ends automatically with a draw.
This would make a huge difference to now, where your only option is to leave and lose the game if you didn't beat your opponent in like 20 minutes.
I think this already exists, the game ends after ~35 minutes I belive.
21/04/2019 10:56Posted by Likkan

No, with very equal opponents games can be easily dragged out to over 45 minutes on big maps.
You are delusional that blizzard will make something like that because one people on forums say so. They don't care about 1v1 even. Just leave. It is one ladder game... Or play unranked or custom...
22/04/2019 16:10Posted by IIIIIIIIIIII
Just leave. It is one ladder game... Or play unranked or custom...

This is the problem. This works against the match-making system. Unranked would become confused and ruin my match-making data. But custom has no match-making at all. I hate getting constantly slaughtered or being bored by a novice who is in his 5th game or whatever.
Unless you get paid for achieving a higher rank, there should be no problem in leaving a game. You could also sign up for auto tournaments where time limit is 25 mins and you can leave anytime between games without losing anything.

21/04/2019 10:56Posted by Likkan

Time limit is a bit above 6 hours, don't know the exact time.