[Solved]Launching in resolution bigger than my screen

Starcraft II Technical Support
Steps to reproduce:
1.Launch Starcraft 2 from the battle.net launcher(press play)
2.Wait for game to launch
Expected result:
Game launches and all is fine
Actual result:
Screen gives an error of input not found because the resolution is higher than my native one(found by checking variables.txt).

Relevant System Info:
Windows 10 pro that I have recently reinstalled(without reinstalling starcraft itself,although overwatch seems to be working fine I just had to point battlenet to the game folder).
I meet the min requirements Im fairly sure(Ryzen CPU and gtx 1060 with 16gb ram and plenty of free HDD space;monitor is an old acer 1366x768).

What I've tried:
-Launching battlenet as admin.
Changing values in variables.txt files found under "Documents/Starcraft ll"
But they get overwritten on game launch.Even if I make the variables.txt file as read-only it doesnt seem like it applies the fix.

-Doing the same after reinstalling starcraft 2 through the launcher(up to optimal leve,now its stuck in "Initializing" state even after restarting battle.net)

P.S. This might seem like an XY problem because I have no idea of any other reason for this sort of behaviour(screen says "input not supported" when launching game).If there may be another issue I am unaware of please do tell.
Meant to say "input not supported" instead of "not found"
Update: Problemw as fixed by reinstalling battle.net launcher itself and only Then reinstalling sc2 sorry for wasting time of whoeve read this.
08/05/2019 14:47Posted by Artanis
Update: Problemw as fixed by reinstalling battle.net launcher itself and only Then reinstalling sc2 sorry for wasting time of whoeve read this.
Happy to hear it's been sorted Artanis, thank you for updating us here as well. :)