Bored of this multiplayer routine

StarCraft II General
That's it people.
I'm bored of this multiplayer routine... 1v1 playing toss at least.
It's the same thing over and over.
Every match-up has like 2 or 3 viable strategies and that's about it.

pvp ?
cannon cheese, proxy, 4gate or big macro colossus battle

pvt ?
cannon cheese, dt drop or big macro colossus battle

pvz ?
fast voids or big macro colossus battle

Of course you can do some other stuff also on the side like storms or hallucinations or even a mommaship but that usually won't win you the game if you play the macro style good player.
I found that on the ladder you either cheese like hell for the points and have no fun or play a safe and macro game every time and get bored of the same 5 formulae and still have no fun after a while.

And I mean ... I watch streams and replays also. I watched WhiteRa playing a duckload of games and it's boring too. He's one of the best toss players but still he's forced by the game to recycle the same formula over and over again.

There's no surprises in this game right now hence I'm BORED :)

Mod edit: Altered title to take out multiple capital letters.
Cannon cheeses only work till some point.

Try playing other races, ladders or even custom games like micro tournament.
try non cheesing and playing a strategic game.
Try playing a race that requires skill
I am sorry to say this Computer, but it seems you are trapped in your own ignorance more then anything. Collosus is not the only viable option, atleast in PvP and PvT it isnt. Try some Blink Stalker, Void Ray or HT plays and you see how different each match can be. Seriously, try to learn a few more builds and late game transitions before commenting.
/facepalm i say to the.
Dude I find Protoss boring, you just camp on 2 bases making the deathball, no need to harass or anything, then when the deathball is done you go out and face your opponents army, cast some forcefields and A-move, thats it.
Play team games for a while if you get bored of 1v1.
Dude I find Protoss boring, you just camp on 2 bases making the deathball, no need to harass or anything, then when the deathball is done you go out and face your opponents army, cast some forcefields and A-move, thats it.
Play team games for a while if you get bored of 1v1.

Sure do that while the Zerg just grab his third and overrun you with Roaches, Infestors and eventually Brood Lords and Terran gets a fully upgraded mech army with superior reinforcment option. (Due to bigger economy)
This game is repetetive. And yes it can be boring!

Don't play it too much, or do custom games, or 4v4!
Try some custom games some are very fun
the obs games are great as you will play people of different skill levels and my learn some thing

as for un-boring a race may i suggest trying some more funky builds or be a bit more creative in your play

like say to your self ok this game i will not build a single Stalker and see how you roll

try fast Phoenix harass while you macro up that in it self is a challenge and requires skill to pull off and fun to do lift and blast :)

swap the use of Colossus for High Templar

in short be more creative or just take time out from the game :)

You're boring man, learn to do something constructive like a map or a custom campaign.
Computers have no feelings.

/thread
some of you have valid points indeed
others too..

I guess I should play other races or something. or indeed try crazy !%%% with the protoss more often

it's not like you can go any lower than bronze anyway :)
Well, I can't say I blame you computer.
When we play a game too much, we tend to get off of it and just quit. Who knows, maybe you'll come back at one point.
I have stopped playing for a very long time and just came back, I'm about to quit again I think. I don't blame the design on the multiplayer though, I think blizz is doing whatever they can to balance and it's working pretty fine.

It's true that there are only a real few builds, but multiplayer is all about execution. What to do what and when to do what. Even pros do the basics over and over and over again...It's pretty dull when you get to see it too much in a very short amount of time.
How the hell can you be bored with whitera? He uses every single unit in the most awkward situations and he almost never loses. The man is a legend.
Protoss relies on tight build orders and strict timings to be good. That's why i changed race 2 weeks ago, after playing protoss since beta.

As for the viable strategies that's not true, specially at your level. For instance PvZ

2 gate stargate phoenix / void mix, or just one/two void/phoenix, clean OL, and w8 for him to overreact while you transition to sth else, or mass air play
15 nexus
forge fast expand
3 gate expand
dt expand
3 gate blink stalker

into

6 gate blink stalker
6 gate sentry focused
4/5 gate + robo for immortals / colossus
4/5 gate stargate
2/3 stargate
dt harass --> archons
high templars --> archons while get storm
warp prism Ht / dt drop

just because mass stalker colossus might have 5% more winning rate, doesn't mean the others aren't viable. Heck i've seen White ra win plenty of games with crazy strategies like 2 base carrier, HT drops, archon, zealot drops. If he can do it and win vs grandmasters, then it's viable.
25/05/2011 07:05Posted by Soodle

Like random. Definetely the hardest to master.
26/05/2011 12:30Posted by MythArchael

Like random. Definetely the hardest to master.

Yes, cheese all-ins are definitely the hardest to master.

What, like you met a random player below Diamond who actually went for a macro game?
26/05/2011 12:32Posted by McFly
What, like you met a random player below Diamond who actually went for a macro game?

Yes. Just like myself.

I realise there's alot who cheese, and that's too bad.

But it's the hardest to MASTER. I never said it was the hardest to get promoted or w/e with. Anyone can pick a race and cheese their way to wherever if they got just decent skills. Learning to play all three well is alot harder. Especially than playing Protoss which is the simplest.

(3RR, Marine-SCV-rush, probably also Cannon-rush to name one for each race)