LADDER and LEAGUE: Everything you need to know

Multiplayer Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
Q&A sais about player distribution: "2% - 18% - 20% - 20% - 20% - 20%"

According to sc2ranks.com its not even close to that. Doesnt matter if u count worldwide, or just a region.
Currently for wol in the world its: 4% - 6,5% - 10,2% - 24,3% - 38,3% - 16,7%
(The trend is the same in every region and in both expansions. Except Wol China which seems kinda fine.)

Whats the reason behind this? Is sc2ranks.com wrong?

Sorry for late answer:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/9067510/

They wanted to change how many players were in each league, and make it easier to get out of Bronze league. They did this by making Bronze league smaller, and Gold league bigger.

I hope this answers your question. I might have misunderstood it, but please reply back if I did, and I will correct my answer ;)

Thx for the answer, but i knew that. I was kinda refering to WoL distribution, but either way:
The amout of players in the top leagues is half what blizzard published ( around 20% instead of 40% )
Besides that there are much-much more silvers, than what the distribution sais ( over 50% in some regions ).

On a Q&A here i've read, that blizzard can correct the MMR limits, if the distibution of the players would slip. And i think, thats the case here. Basically the question is:

- Is there a possibility Blizzard correcting those limits? Is sc2ranks.com data that incorrect about playernumbers in certain leagues ?
Hi is there something wrong with this seasons ladder?

i norm play against high silver low gold, then just now i face a old dimond player... how can thi happen?
i have not been on a winning streak or anything
So I read the part about promotion / demotion. I have been sat in 1st place bronze for a while. I have a 37 win to 27 loss ratio. Today for example I won 9 and lost 4 ... still in first beat some silver lost to a gold rush and im still in bronze.

I am a little lost as to why I am not at least low silver ?
29/09/2013 10:35Posted by PedaZ
- Is there a possibility Blizzard correcting those limits? Is sc2ranks.com data that incorrect about playernumbers in certain leagues ?

I don't know for sure how SC2Ranks calculates the data, but Blizzard could adjust the amount of players in a league. This is what they did earlier, but it takes time to make the system stable.

What if some players only played one match a season? They would all end up in Bronze eventually and take up space there. Even if Bronze league is "full", they have to be placed there if their skill is equal to a Bronze league player, ergo: The league grows outside of its own boundaries.

Again, sorry for late answer. It can be difficult to notice when stickied threads get a new response.
09/10/2013 17:47Posted by Jaxify

I don't know for sure how SC2Ranks calculates the data, but Blizzard could adjust the amount of players in a league. This is what they did earlier, but it takes time to make the system stable.

What if some players only played one match a season? They would all end up in Bronze eventually and take up space there. Even if Bronze league is "full", they have to be placed there if their skill is equal to a Bronze league player, ergo: The league grows outside of its own boundaries.

Again, sorry for late answer. It can be difficult to notice when stickied threads get a new response.

Fair point, thx for the answer!
How about making the ladder mechanism much more transparent and showing each player a number of points that actually means something?

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JamesLantz/20131025/203256/Creating_a_Better_Context_for_Competitive_Play_and_Mastery_Critiquing_Starcraft_and_League.php
The new season just started, and a strange thing appeard:
A guy in my division has 1-3 winratio and 95 points. In his match history it sais, that he gained 44 points with that win. The first match was probably the placement match, so i thought its very unlikely, that he got placed into silver, and then in 3 matches he earns the promotion, and gets so many consolation points this early in the season. How is this possible otherwise?

Screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/Vlig0D6.jpg - match history
http://i.imgur.com/WOktQmG.jpg - division
I have like no idea whats going on :x Ok first of all I will be talking about 3v3 bronze league. i havent played 3v3 in a while so ofc i was demoted to bronze when new season started but I decided to focus again on taht bracket. However... I just dont understand anymore how the hell does promotion works. My score for this season in 3v3 is 25 wins and 8 loses which I find good enough for that tier. But despite having such win ratio , being on first place in the league and winning new, following matches I still cant get out of that league. Its like something artificial is binding me to that hell. I know i will get promoted eventualy if I play but somehow i cant shake off the feeling that the whole situation its not entirely right :x Its not like i want to be grandmaster asap... just want to get out of the bronze :<
I'm keep losing after every single game!
2 season before i was top 25 gold and now i am top 100 silver and can't win none of the games!
in the last season i been losing every game and so does in that season.
BLIZZRAD FIX THE LADDER!
people are getting tired from losing and i gotta tell u, it's discouraging!!!
even casters are getting notice to the new terrible system!
if u dont belive me check in thier broadcasts!
PLEASE RETURN THE OLD LADDER!
i get it the people are tested but if i am in silver i cant compete against diamond and master!!!!
RETURN THE OLD LADDER!

in the name of all of us,
the community/
Okay so, i had 32 wins and 8 losses in bronze top 1 with 425 points. (the second guy had like 350) And then i got into silver rank 14 And my points in ladder went from 425 to 220.

I dont get it whats the point of the points? none? why did it decrase and i didint get into gold?
Okay, here is the problem i am having...
I was inspired by some streams who just started playing and they had a lot of fun. Watching them play and also seeing how good the others were, it was totally a BRONZE LEAGUE match! So idecided to play as well again.
I lost all placement matches and got placed in bronze... so far so good. Makes total sense. But i checked out my opponents.... Gold, Silver, Plat, Silver, Bronze....
I stopped playing Ladder as Heart of the Swarm came out. I only played some team games with my friends and that was it. I didnt get placed for a single season and still this bull!@#$.
I can understand that you want to make it harder.... but honestly Bronze and even Silver League is for beginners who want to learn the game, who want to get to know the builds and stuff you need to pay attention to. But you cant do that because people simply cheese you or they are sooo good that they have a maxed army at 15 mins and they will just rape you. It wont be even close.

Right now, as I type this post, i have 14 games played this season and i only won 2! 1 of the wins were because the player left the game.

I am really sorry but i am soooo frustrated getting placed against MUCH better players than me and also that it is possible to get placed against a player who selected unranked. I am the kinda guy who doesnt %^-*! about stuff a lot and i know how hard Starcraft is.
They put sooo much effort in this game to be balanced and fun to play in terms of physics but the Ladder system is somehow f**** up. It does not make sense to me to get placed into bronze league and my first opponent is someone from Gold or Silver league.
In WoL i was placed in Gold League once! I played through Bronze and Silver League and worked hard on my builds, macro and so on. With HotS everything changed so i had to start again. And now this!!!

I really love this game and I watch a lot of pro games and even go to Esports events, even bought the virtual ticket to watch the grand finals. But i dont simply want to watch how others play, i would like to play myself and get the feeling that i am improving. But right now i am just thinking about how many games do I have to lose to get placed against opponents who are at my skill level. :S

hope you feel the pain -.-
After losing over 14 games in a row i had one game in a straight up fight which i won.... wow that feels good
i have Question? NOW with BROKEN ladder diamond players and some platinum play in gold league , in silver play some diamond and much platinum! WHERE play bronze, silver and gold players? all in bronze ??? lol

RETURN THE OLD LADDER!
29/09/2013 10:35Posted by PedaZ

On sc2 Ranks i was 3 Times Master, i never was Master with this account on Eu, so you see sc2ranks is not the true about all and not the best tool to look on statistiks.
No they aren't.
Hey guys ... its realy annoying .... I am gold player ., and facing another gold players with old rank master ... this guys just crushing me like a croissant .... Blizzard ... fix this or i will need to stop playing this game ... I bought this game 2 weeks ago and now i need to play arcades cuz bronze, silver , golds just crushing me every single game ... it`s not fun realy ... I dont wana play vs masters and diamonds in gold/silver leagues .. i want to play with ppl with my rank ...
Just curious, will we ever get "veto race" options for ranked/unranked ladder?

Sick n tired of playing TvT all day long.
13/06/2014 19:08Posted by LipStick

Highly unlikely with today's system where we have unranked vs ranked.
16/06/2014 22:09Posted by Jaxify
13/06/2014 19:08Posted by LipStick

Highly unlikely with today's system where we have unranked vs ranked.

I know doesn't change it's a dream of mine, I wanna practice TvP I got no P friends and I gotta que dodge 90% of my games to play a gold leauge protoss feels really boring T__T